WellCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work
Appeals & Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Wellcare is a company that is driven to teach however the ability to move up in the company is very difficult . I want the ability to promote free thinking and its a culture where that is not welcome.The days are long and busy one of the things I love is the unlimited overtime and the ability to work form home. the facility has a gym and a lot of food options along with a Starbucks
Pros
Employee driven
Cons
long Drive and long commute from lakeland
Citrix
Sr. Citrix Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634September 23, 2018
the over all was good for me. We all were working together to find the correct solution. The team work was the best I have ever seen and the management was with us all the way.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good opportunity
Assistant Director of Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2018
This company was purchased by another company after my employment time and is now managed differently. During my time at WellCare my work day was integrated with other department heads, credentialing, claims, UM, etc. I gave presentations on quality of care to other departments , i.e. Provider Relations to help them understand the quality was an undertaking by all departments of our company. Many times I traveled to provider offices to audit quality of care issues and offer regulatory guidance. This was a very enjoyable part of my job description, meeting with providers and their staff.
Overall not a bad place to Work.
Support Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work, met a lot of great people. I had a great time working here, interacting with the people and truly trying to help in any way I could. For that, I received a lot of great feedback, which seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.

However, it's pretty funny unless you kiss certain management feet or the ground they walk on you're pretty much stuck or worst expendable. That has nothing to do with your performance just based on the power in which this posses and HR seems to be ok with these actions.
Pros
Great environment/Work place, free gym and discounted cafeteria.
Cons
Certain managers are only for themselves, and will rain on your parade if it doesn't align with theirs.
Awesome well known company
MANAGER PROVIDER NETWORK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  O'ahu, HISeptember 17, 2018
Wellcare offered me an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the company. I also got to travel and go out into the community to meet our providers and to service their needs.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Job training should be more detailed
Company needs work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A lot of favoritism to get advancement. Does not promote hard work and energy.

Company is trying their best to upskill new and upcoming leaders, however there is much work to be done.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
poor leadership training
Great company. Stressful Enrollment Dept
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Wellcare is a great company to work unfortunately the Medicare Enrollment Department isnt very organized and the management is very disappointing.Production driven and they set very high expectations without proper training. They are focused on quantity instead of quality.
Pros
Company Morale overall
Cons
Enrollment Department management is disappointing
I enjoy working at Teleperformnce
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy working at Teleperformance. The management staff is very helpful and friendly. A typical day involves assisting customers with their questions about their insurance plan. The workplace culture is relaxed. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help the customer. The most enjoyable part is being able to effectively assist customers.
Pros
relaxed dress code
Cons
have to work a year before getting vacation time
Overall rating is good
Senior Clinical Learning an Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Workplace culture is evolving. Many last minute process and policy changes, creating undo stress. Large acquisitions in short period of time requiring fast paced adaptation. Leadership is very good. Not advancement opportunities outside the corporate headquarters.
Pros
Benefits and one team approach
Cons
limited advancement opportunties
Great Company
EDI-OPS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Wellcare is a great company to work for especially if your looking for a long career. They are family oriented and they encourage life work balance. They are all about the company and the associates.
Productive place to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Did not stay long so difficult to give a fair review. Seems there was limited teamwork. Many of the teams were fun to talk with and work with, just depended.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Was too far to drive when I worked there
Good place
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2018
Good place to work, people were friendly and there was always someone who would help out if needed. Management was easy to work with. Only left position due to relocation.
Horrific work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 3, 2018
The company is a sweat shop, and is not organized. High levels of favoritism, and backstabbing occurs. Management is corrupted at all levels. Do not trust anyone there, no matter how they smile with you and hang out after work. There is no growth or future there. Do not jump from your frying pan into WellCare's fire, you will seriously regret it. Also, there is no work/life balance. Please, do not go there to work.
Underpaid and no benefits
Member Escalations (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 2, 2018
WellCare does not pay well or even competitively for the amount of work, HIPAA compliance, or lack of flexibility. I don't participate in the benefits plan because there is not enough pay to afford the benefits.
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
Working for Wellcare was a great learning experience for me. It taught me to understand what it was like to be in the corporate world. I would recommend working for them, they have great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Training in some areas really lacking
Quality Improvement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2018
I am very pleased with my job, excellent coworkers, managers and Director.
I am still learning a lot about quality improvement and I like the team work environment.
Pros
Great company with good values
Cons
No telecommuting options offered in my department.
One Team
Senior Corporate Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
WellCare was a great experience. The culture was supportive and the company president often attended town halls (very approachable). My Talent Acquisition peers were a class act!
Great company with outstanding benefits
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 28, 2018
Wellcare is a focused driven company that cares about its employees and its members. They have every benefit imaginable. The only downside in sales is finding time to take vacation and still meet your numbers. I would highly recommend Wellcare to anyone for any position at this company.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, flexibility, the culture
Cons
Hard to get vacation time and hit your sales goals in you are a benefit consultant
Illusive from the outside
Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2018
The company has very poor leaders and changes so much there is no mission. The cut throat culture leads to clicks like high school, and there is little honest direct feedback given. Though the company preaches otherwise. Also volunteer time is like a sales pitch and is pretty much forced on staff.
Great place for job advancement
Ops Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Wellcare had great benefit the insurance was amazing. Wellcare is all about health and wellness and it was great. They too provide great outdoor opportunities for their staff.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management