WellCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,012 reviews matching the search See all 1,051 reviews
Awesome Company
RN, Quality (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2019
I have been with this company for just over a year. Never have I worked in a place that values their employees like Wellcare does. Leadership is present, approachable, and genuine. Management is encouraging, open to ideas, flexible, and understanding. We operate as a team! Personal job goals and functions are adequately aligned with the corporate goal. The company is very transparent with staff, so you know exactly what is happening and what direction to expect. I feel very rewarded and cared about. There is great work-life balance. Flex schedules. Compensation exceeds other local organizations. I am proud to work for this company and thankful to be part of such an awesome team!
Pros
Great pay, flexibility, amazing leadership, free on site gym
Cons
I have encountered none
Case Manager role
Case Manager Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2019
WellCare is good employer to start case manager role. The benefits are not as great as other employers and 401k you have to be with company 3 years before being fully vested. WellCare has high management turnover rates. Job culture is strict and no communication with other associates during work hours even if work related. Atmosphere was too quiet.
Pros
Lunch and learn program, free CEUs, parking was good
Cons
No communications, no advancement opportunity from within, high turnover of management and staff
Poor Work life balance
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 1, 2018
Salary employees treated poorly. This company works you to the bone. No work life balance here. High turnover. Open door policy is not true. Many people suffering and unhappy there but stay because they need a job. Dishonest people can get ahead here. More chances to fail than succeed here.
Pros
work from home, salary
Cons
poor leadership, difficult to advance, inconsistent changes, bad work culture
Summary
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Davidson County, NCOctober 8, 2018
Good place to work but to much work to do when you get home was the hardest part of the job it mae you feel like you were working 10 to 12 hours a day and this was monday thru friday
I enjoyed working with the patients in there homes
I enjoyed educating and teaching them to better care for themselves or teaching loved ones

I loved the flexibility of scheduling your own hours
But still you had that take home work that required several hours at home and weekends

At this agency you were paid per visit which was not good. Pay was not constant
Pros
Was located near home
Cons
Paid per visit no constant salary
Poor outdated charting system.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Upper management makes lots of uninformed and unrealistic expectations. Technology is ages behind which makes for more difficult documentation and poor audits. Raises are weighted heavily on audits and never on how you helped serve the members or the differences you’ve made.
Pros
Fairly paid and mostly work from home.
Cons
Technology and under value employees.
Overall rating is good
Senior Clinical Learning an Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Workplace culture is evolving. Many last minute process and policy changes, creating undo stress. Large acquisitions in short period of time requiring fast paced adaptation. Leadership is very good. Not advancement opportunities outside the corporate headquarters.
Pros
Benefits and one team approach
Cons
limited advancement opportunties
Great company with outstanding benefits
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 28, 2018
Wellcare is a focused driven company that cares about its employees and its members. They have every benefit imaginable. The only downside in sales is finding time to take vacation and still meet your numbers. I would highly recommend Wellcare to anyone for any position at this company.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, flexibility, the culture
Cons
Hard to get vacation time and hit your sales goals in you are a benefit consultant
Disconnect between management and clinicians
Medical Social Worker, part time (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 9, 2018
The company poorly communicated with clinicians/RNs. There was favoritism within company. Pay was good but required driving to remote areas/other counties, which added tremendous amounts of miles on my car. They did not offer any pay raises, additional support.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor workplace culture, lack of communication with supervisor
friendly manager and good work enviroment
Medicare Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2018
it was a good place to work. My workmates where friendly.The company only do once a month so that allowed you to be more focus in your job. The manager was very friendly and understanding.
Pros
lot of benefits example vacation, sick days and 401k
Cons
not time to use you vacation
Product Manager
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2018
Decent compensation but be prepared to work long hours and weekends. Company struggles with culture and leadership issues but overall is growing and offers opportunity if you can fit in.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Overtime
Too much nepotism
Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2018
There is no room for growth unless you know someone who knows someone. The raises are laughable and it’s daunting and draining to work there.You will be used and then discarded .
Pros
Snacks you can buy in the kitchen
Cons
Pay
must be able to work independently
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
over work employer never satisfied. positive aspect of the job in the RN case management position you are able work from home. Benefits satisfactory.
Pros
work form home in case management RN position
Cons
ongoing changes with work flow
Mixed experiences depending on department
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2018
I started off in the pharmacy operations department as a pharmacy technician. Standard desk job, not a lot of room for advancement. Management needs improvement, in this position I felt underappreciated and leadership did little to help anyone advance. However, the company does provide tuition reimbursement and much higher pay than retail or hospital pharmacies. This allowed me to finish my masters degree without having to take out too many student loans. I eventually obtained a position in a different department and found the leadership to be much more interested in helping me develop my skills and provided me the training and tools necessary to work more efficiently.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, growing company with increasing job opportunities
Cons
Company culture is inconsistent throughout the company
Worst company to work for
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  TampaNovember 15, 2018
Management is a joke and the culture is very high school .
More job responsibilities with no additional pay
All departments doesn’t know what they are doing
Unless you are a snitch There’s no job advancements
Systems are old and no proper procedures only excel sheets with no guidance
If you asked a question continuous you are looked as incompetent of your knowledge
I don’t know how this company is in business.
They have high turn of rate due to their high school behaviors
No actual training like other companies
Stressful stressful work load that’s why they are continuously hiring
Pros
Pay flexibility
Cons
Old system . No proper guidelines, high school environment stressful work load management is laughable
New Employees/ No Holiday Pay
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 10, 2018
As a new employee (office staff) they don't explain that you have to "earn" usage of your PTO. They say you can't use it in your 90 days, but don't mention that if a holiday falls within your 90 days and the office is closed that you don't get paid. Making it impossible. For example I started in November and my 90 days won't be up until February. That being said I don't have access to PTO or any payment although the office is closed for 3 holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I will have to work long hours in order to get my time, around that day or go without.
Pros
I love my team and management.
Cons
The PTO policy needs to be more open.
A learning challange each day
PR In-House & Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 9, 2018
Provider Relations was a great department to work with as well as other departments such as Customer Service and the Marketing department. We all worked as a team to ensure members received the best care possible.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low Salary
Great place for job advancement
Ops Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Wellcare had great benefit the insurance was amazing. Wellcare is all about health and wellness and it was great. They too provide great outdoor opportunities for their staff.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Underpaid and no benefits
Member Escalations (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 2, 2018
WellCare does not pay well or even competitively for the amount of work, HIPAA compliance, or lack of flexibility. I don't participate in the benefits plan because there is not enough pay to afford the benefits.
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
Working for Wellcare was a great learning experience for me. It taught me to understand what it was like to be in the corporate world. I would recommend working for them, they have great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Training in some areas really lacking
Loved working there
Medical Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
Worked with good people. The company has terrible training - no training at all, but then expected to have an excellent performance. They hire horrible managers, who do not fit in with their team. This manager did not do HER job, was a slacker! Don't get it, how these type of people get into management positions! The company overlooks these things. HR doesn't help at all, as they support management. Therefore, associates are left out in the cold - no one to support them. WellCare states they care about their associates and their well-being, but it is not so. Very stressful environment, no room for advancement, and no training to help you to be successful within the company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No training available - expected to know the job right off the bat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight