WellCare Employee Reviews

Found 980 reviews matching the search See all 1,018 reviews
Worst company to work for
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  TampaNovember 15, 2018
Management is a joke and the culture is very high school .
More job responsibilities with no additional pay
All departments doesn’t know what they are doing
Unless you are a snitch There’s no job advancements
Systems are old and no proper procedures only excel sheets with no guidance
If you asked a question continuous you are looked as incompetent of your knowledge
I don’t know how this company is in business.
They have high turn of rate due to their high school behaviors
No actual training like other companies
Stressful stressful work load that’s why they are continuously hiring
Pros
Pay flexibility
Cons
Old system . No proper guidelines, high school environment stressful work load management is laughable
Poor outdated charting system.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Upper management makes lots of uninformed and unrealistic expectations. Technology is ages behind which makes for more difficult documentation and poor audits. Raises are weighted heavily on audits and never on how you helped serve the members or the differences you’ve made.
Pros
Fairly paid and mostly work from home.
Cons
Technology and under value employees.
Attention RN’s! Here Is The Warning That I Wished I Had Been Given!
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
This company is about as employee friendly as a Georgia chain gang. Expect to be worked to death with insane deadlines and impossible, nonsensical quotas. Training is a travesty as in you are set up for failure from day 1. Quite literally it is the Tower of Babel in respect to using criteria data sets for pre-authorizations - everyone citing/doing something different. No two clinical personnel were ever on the same page. Non-clinical types making clinical decisions (!!!???) I had forged a career of cleaning up inappropriate decisions along with other people’s messes.
The overall environment is hostile as well as desperate which may offer a possible partial explanation as to why staff and co-workers are so miserable and uncooperative. Since the takeover of Care1st, things proceeded to go incrementally downhill for the nursing staff – we were downgraded to hourly with an unreliable, insipid clock in system via a minimally functioning computer, free insurance turned into a huge payroll deduction with an equally huge cut in medical/pharmacy services, no overtime, threatened corrective action if quotas not met daily. IT department always making user unfriendly changes – systems always arbitrarily closing down/crashing - (no excuse – daily quotas still need to be met regardless of how many times you have to shut down and log back in but remember – no overtime) The one benefit that tends to be something of a retention strategy is the rather rapid accrual of PTO but you will need this to continue on here because your mental health will be morbidly compromised. And btw, you will lose
  more... every last minute of it once you terminate. That brings us to the discussion of departure, once employees give notice they disappear Stalin style – quickly, mysteriously and without farewell or further ado. Do they still deport people to Siberia? Might give cause to wonder working here – what are they attempting to conceal, prevent or cover up?
I would hope I am wrong on this last reflection but I do not think so – see, since it’s all about volume and numbers NOT even remotely involving quality - anything goes basically with approvals or denials for that matter – there was never any consistency or charting standards - I always had an insidious feeling that somebody was and still is in somebody’s pocket here either Wellcare or AHCCCS or maybe both – but somebody is being compensated to look the other way.
Pros
Ample PTO
Cons
Environment resembles correctional facility
WellCare was a fun and relaxed company but still work oriented
PROVIDER OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (POC) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2018
The learning process for this position was adequate and the people I worked with were very friendly and helpful. My manager was a great and very helpful person. She was sad to see me go as I only had a temporary position and the company did not want to keep me longer.
Pros
Great and enjoyable place to work
Cons
Job was only temporary
Stay away if you’re looking for a professional environment
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2018
I didn’t get a chance to work here and I’m thanking my lucky stars, I didn’t. I went on a job interview and the people on the panel interviewing me had a chip on their shoulder, they had no idea what to ask as if they had just started their position. Turns out, they were brand new to their position. Very unprofessional. The atmosphere was the least bit professional.
Easy and Exciting
Prescription Insurance Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Duffield, VANovember 8, 2018
Worked as phone insurance sales agent for Part D prescription drug coverage for medicare.
Became licensed as insurance agent to help customers determine which coverage beast fits their budget and need.
The management team was not much involved with my duties as most of my work was done from home.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing daily if the contract was still going to be intact, which eventually ended. the best thing about the job was getting to work from home.
Pros
Work from home and set own hours
Cons
Contract work
Too much nepotism
Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2018
There is no room for growth unless you know someone who knows someone. The raises are laughable and it’s daunting and draining to work there.You will be used and then discarded .
Pros
Snacks you can buy in the kitchen
Cons
Pay
Great Place to work
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2018
Working at Well Care pharmacy was always a great place. Everything from upper management to all employees, everyone was always helpful and friendly. I would for sure recommend working at Well Care Pharmacy.
Motivating and rewarding environment
DATA ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 1, 2018
Great organization promoting professional growth. Culture is relaxed. Management is strategically decisive. Every day provided new opportunities, removing monotony.
Consistently Increased Sales Quotas
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
Great management team. Good Medicare advantage product. Compliance was a top priority and that is a good thing. Increasing quotas and decreasing opportunities for bonus pay was the downside of the workplace.
Pros
Great Management Teams
Cons
Pay
Productive work culture; however, lack of advancement
Community Advocate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
I truly appreciated my direct manager; however, corporate seemed to be inconsistent. There was low morale at times. Overall, my main reason for leaving will be due to lack of advancement,
Pros
improved employee culture
Cons
lack of advancement
Stressful Merger with horrible acquisition management
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Stressful Merger with horrible acquisition management. The credentialing department is under new horrible management. I would not recommend working there until they clean their act up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 21, 2018
Provided accurate and appropriate information in response to customer inquiries.
Identified the member issue and helped solve it by first call resolution, which included
but limited to filing appeal & grievances.
Great place to work!
Quality Practice Advisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Loved the team approach. Enjoyed meeting new employees and sharing new experiences. This company is very proactive with employees. The hardest part of the job was having to resign.
Pros
Greatest job ever!
Cons
N/a
Overall, a good company.
Quality Practice Advisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2018
I love occasionally traveling to clinics and having the option to work remote. My current manager is fantastic and truly allows the team to bloom and be creative.
Not a professional environment in the office with administration
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 15, 2018
There is a lack of respect and professionalism from office manager. She yelled at the nurse, in front of the rest of the nurses. They say they will call clients back and do not, clients are wondering if they will receive services. I had to call my client several times to let her know i wasn't coming.
Pros
you have the federal holidays off
Cons
cut throat environment
must be able to work independently
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
over work employer never satisfied. positive aspect of the job in the RN case management position you are able work from home. Benefits satisfactory.
Pros
work form home in case management RN position
Cons
ongoing changes with work flow
Product Manager
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2018
Decent compensation but be prepared to work long hours and weekends. Company struggles with culture and leadership issues but overall is growing and offers opportunity if you can fit in.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Overtime
A learning challange each day
PR In-House & Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 9, 2018
Provider Relations was a great department to work with as well as other departments such as Customer Service and the Marketing department. We all worked as a team to ensure members received the best care possible.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low Salary
Summary
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Davidson County, NCOctober 8, 2018
Good place to work but to much work to do when you get home was the hardest part of the job it mae you feel like you were working 10 to 12 hours a day and this was monday thru friday
I enjoyed working with the patients in there homes
I enjoyed educating and teaching them to better care for themselves or teaching loved ones

I loved the flexibility of scheduling your own hours
But still you had that take home work that required several hours at home and weekends

At this agency you were paid per visit which was not good. Pay was not constant
Pros
Was located near home
Cons
Paid per visit no constant salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight