WellCare Employee Reviews

No Balance with career or family
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 24, 2018
Micromanaged by lower management. Little/no training education, Job Work/life very unbalance. change the position/ salary/ location not with the agency
Pros
Lunchtime
Cons
Micromanagement, Too many IMs /unnecessary emails/phone calls. Need more hired workers, you pay for daily parking Newark, Too many meetings, unnecessary mandatory video corporate trainings, self evaluations pressured by unnecessary emails to complete
High volume of work and not enough staff to manage workload.
Director, Povider Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
Due to the volume of work, difficult to find time to enjoy the work day or engage your team members. The hardest part of the job was the inability to get things done in a timely manner due to the inefficiencies of the workflows and systems. During my time at the company, all decisions were made by Corporate which slowed down the process and created backlogs.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Volume of work.
Company training was excellent.
Medicare Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2018
We had to develop our own territory, often working out in the environment to promote the company, the most enjoyment was the satisfaction to educate and assist Medicare beneficiaries.
Great Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Supply, NCMay 22, 2018
I recently started working as a CNA with WellCare and I really enjoy my job. The manager is really great about scheduling and making sure the CNAs are happy and feel secure in their jobs.
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to be. No team culture at all. Only humiliation.
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Absence of proper training. No flexibility and understanding during personal hardships. Incompetent, cold and indifferent management. Rude and humiliating coworker. Stay away- my health severely deteriorated and I even was hospitalized because of high stress levels in the team, daily humiliation by a coworker and lack of training which lead to hard hit on my wellbeing and health. I can't wait till last day here so I will never see the disgusting teammates face anymore. It's a nightmare in my life which really hope is coming to an end. I don't wish these sufferings to anyone that's why i'm sharing it all here to warn kind people from getting into aggressive inhumane atmosphere.
Pros
good pay
Cons
extremely stressful environment; humiliating coworker; inadequate and incompetent managment
Terrible place to work
Senior Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
This is a terrible place to work. Morale is low and there isn't a sense of community. There is little or no opportunity for advancement and the same people keep getting promoted over and over again. Management takes all the credit for your work and is not willing to acknowledge your efforts or pitch in and help out. No teamwork and all departments work in silos.
Ability to learn and grow in new lines of business
Sr. Quality Improvement Specialist/LHRM (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2018
As the Risk Manager, I am part of the FL Market Quality Dept.. I have been able to become proficient in HEDIS, AHCA , CMS, Regulatory and Quality Imp
Pros
good work/life/family balance, one team culture
Cons
difficult to advance
Good culture
Finance Manager - Finance FP&A (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2018
I learned a lot during my employment, there are a multitude of classes you can take online.
The hardest part of my job is lack of communication from upper management.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the offsite team building events. It really pulls the team closer.
Pros
Great offsite team building events
Cons
Lack of communication from Senior Management.
Mediocre
Pharmacy Technician, Sr (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
In the beginning this was a great company to work for, then management changed and moral is low. and a very stressful environment to work under. The pro for working for them is good benefits and good yearly compensations.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Worst job ever. No training. You feel like you are back in high school with the mean girls.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2018
The absolute worst job I have ever had. Training is nonexistent. Management is so in over their heads. It’s revolving door. If you have any sense of professionalism, compassion, or common sense, you will be unhappy here.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Growing Company
Quality Practice Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
Overall Wellcare is a great company to work for provided you have good, supportive, and appreciative management. Without this you are pretty much on your own.
Pros
Amount of PTO
Cons
No Job Security
Work experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 5, 2018
The work environment is very peaceful. There are many challenges but with these challenges with help from co-workers working together balances out the differences.
Pros
incentives
Cons
break time limits
WellCare
Quality & Audit Specialist, Sr (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2018
I learned a lot from my experience at WellCare and was able to grow quickly. There are many different departments you can advance to and grow depending on your skill set.
Pros
Opportunites to advance
Cons
Na
Wellcare Review
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
Wellcare was a good Organization to work for. However, since I was a contractor my long term employment there was not an option. I would recommend this as a viable employer.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Lack of Permanent Role
Fast Paced, Ever Changing but challenging position which I enjoy.
Senior Network Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 20, 2018
WOW! 10 years with WellCare of GA! My position at WellCare has changed throughout my tenure, from PR Rep to Senior PR Rep to Senior Network Development Rep. I am proud to say that I work with the best Team ever - from Team members in my department to extended Team members in different departments in Atlanta and GA as a whole, and Tampa. Everyday is a new learning experience and a challenge, from internal requirements to negotiating with our potential Provider Partners to join our WellCare of GA Network of Providers. I have been blessed with wonderful Manager(s) who have pushed me to learn and do more. Because of their efforts, I have grown in experience and look forward to additional educational opportunities to continue to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job with WellCare is the ability to work with my WellCare Team Family and know if there is a need we are here for each other - we truly assist each other if there is a need. We each have specific talents that we bring to the table which afford us the ability to work through some of the challenges we are faced with at the last minute. This has brought our Team closer together as well. Our manager is always onboard and available to assist as needed as well. I would, and have, strongly recommend WellCare of GA as a great place to work. Team WellCare - One Team!
Pros
Benefits, Flexiibility, Communication with managers, Team Work
Cons
Last minute project turnaround, Would love to be bonus incentivized.
good place to work for
Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
did not see growth opportunities hence left. It was a small company with limited resources and no growth opportunities. Had left for better prospects.
Pros
many
Cons
limited resources
Productive work place
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 16, 2018
I left wellcare because it just wasn't enough pay. I couldn't see myself being able to provide for my kid making $8.25 per hr. Over all the clients are awesome.
Pros
The great clients.
Cons
no breaks
Stressful and constantly micromanage
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
A lot of nitpicking and favoritism, if you do not kiss up and lie then you can't advance. Not conducive to helping you advance and learn more things, want you to pump it out. All numbers
Pros
close to home
Cons
have to kiss up to people
Current employee
Inpatient Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
Enjoy working at Wellcare. I work from home. My direct boss is amazing. Upper management isn’t always receptive to advancement. Have for the most part enjoyed my career at Wellcare
Pros
Work from home. Vacation time
Cons
Does not give raises for higher education
Not a great environment
Customer Service Representative Teleperformance (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2018
The pay is not bad for the little amount of skills and work required but this is not an enjoyable job. There are mainly two reasons for this that I observed: 1. The management is not great. They have unskilled and unqualified individuals working in management positions that really shouldn't be. 2. The position itself is just not enjoyable. Your answering calls from people who are angry because their services have been cut, or because we no longer carry their provider, or whatever the issue may be and there isn't really much you can do about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight