Wellesley College Employee Reviews

Great collaborative atmosphere
Language Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 26, 2018
I worked as a language assistant at the Russian Department. Everyone starting from the faculty to the administration were really helpful. It was a great environment to be in, surrounded by inspired individuals, I felt everything was possible.
I only worked here temporarily
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481July 11, 2018
I only worked here temporarily. The guards and staff were nice. Good pay. I can't really say anything about it though since when I was working there I was in school.
Great community
House President (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 9, 2018
Ambitious co-workers and trustworthy community. Everyone works to see growth and success. Leadership positions are filled by women. Students are encouraged to explore.
Student Work
Student Manager, Wellesley College Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 1, 2018
Jobs taken at Wellesley College were for students so hours tended to be flexible and fairly minimal. Work was not necessarily daily due to student schedule.
Wellesley is one of the finest institutions in the country.
Director of Public Relations and Communications (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 30, 2018
There was no typical day at work. Work was highly varied and exciting. I learned something every day. Management was flexible and supportive and the workplace culture was collaborative. The hardest part of my job was leaving Wellesley when I was recruited to Dartmouth. The most enjoyable part of my job was supporting the President in communications efforts.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
None.
Very autonomous and fun place to work at
Student Bookeeper (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 1, 2018
This position is entirely student-run, giving us a huge amount of autonomy. The people I work with are amazing and the job is fulfilling. The hardest part is from customer service with treasurers who did not receive as much funding as they wanted.
Great Opportunity.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I worked in Nunez's Biochemistry lab for three years. Nunez was always really innovated. She spent a lot of time with her lab assistants. Students were always working on lab experiments.
Executive Assistant to the President, Davis Museum and Cultural Center
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MANovember 3, 2017
Working at a high level academic institution was rewarding, particularly at a museum where the general environment was very pleasant. Visitors and co-workers wereenjoyable.
Pros
Working in a Museum at a well-regarded academic institution
Cons
Professional advancement
very unorganized
Steam Pipefitter Facilities Management HVAC group (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAOctober 10, 2017
Can't fix thing when needed. Students come 4th in-line Union is very week. If you rather take coffee breaks and do nothing this is the place for you. If you want to better your self and grow with the college its not for you
Pros
403b is very good
Cons
stressfull
Part time custodial accommodater (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 24, 2017
Great place to work Good benefits still going through lots of changes but still great steady employment compared to others. Great community. Excellent students
Students are respectful, but work environment can be passive-agressive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481June 26, 2017
Working with upper class students is always enjoyable as they ask challenging questions and are focused on learning topics taught than on grades. Working with lower class students is a bit challenging as they focus too much on the grades and miss information on the topics being taught. The impression given is that administration values the opinion of the student over that of faculty.
Amazing place to work with young students from across the globe
Course Instructor and Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 14, 2017
Amazing place to work with kids and young adults. Diverse staff and students. A lot of fun planning activities and rooms to explore new skills and experiences.
Pretty Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 9, 2017
Flexible hours and good pay, good mentorship as well who helped me learn a lot. Sometimes hard to balance between school and work though but she was flexible about it.
Wellelsley College
Jazz flute instructor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 7, 2017
Wellesley College is such a beautiful environment. I love going there to teach. I've learned so many things from my students. I understand that every student does not want to me a musician professionally, so I constructed my lessons with that in mind. The culture is very pleasant, As a faculty member, I am respected everywhere I go. I try to participate in any event I am able to attend, and I enjoy getting the students involved. The hardest part of the job is having a student fall short of their goals, but the most enjoyable part is being there for any student looking for guidance.
Pros
just being on campus
Cons
students, dropping out, or still finding themselves.
Culturally Diverse College
Academic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481June 1, 2017
I have worked for 14 years here at the College. Being able to worked closely with Faculty and Students, makes this a great place to work. See the students grow as outstanding women who want to make a difference in the work, is so satisfying.
Great Staff - friendly security
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 31, 2017
I did not work here long enough to develop a relationship with a lot of the staff, However, the security was friendly. management was always friendly and I was allowed a longer break some of the time. The hardest part is often standing in one spot for an extended period.
Pros
Great atmosphere for art lovers, decent pay
Cons
not much room for growth without proper degrees
Little compensation for work
Academic Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 14, 2017
My supervisor does not take feed-back of what works with students and what doesn't. She thus does not change the job description accordingly and continues to waste everyone's time by having us do things that work.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
minimum pay
Great people work there
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MADecember 10, 2016
It's great to converse with a wide range of people, and the administrative co-workers are educated, intelligent, and hard working. Very busy and detail oriented job.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Went of the Ladder
Asst. Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 26, 2016
I started working at Macy's right after high school. I was a sales associate, then worked my way to up a Ralph Lauren Home sales rep, focusing on their Home products. Then was promoted to Asst. Department Manager. After 8 yrs with the company, I decided to pursue Business Technology.
Great Community
Director (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 24, 2015
Great community. Work expectation is not achievable in a 35 hours.
Hard workers, compensation is falling behind due to low annual increases.
Pros
Great benefits package, wonderful community. Nice people to work with.
Cons
Poor salaries, expectations are sometimes unattainable due to too much work. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.