WellHaven Pet Health Employee Reviews

Poor leadership team
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Washington / OregonJanuary 4, 2019
Wellhaven purchased our well-established clinic with the promise of maintaining our vision, culture, and integrity while helping us update and modernize our facility. While they did create a new beautifully updated clinic, they drove away an extremely close knit and loyal staff with unmet promises, little communication, extremely poor leadership, and no mentorship and turned it into your typical big box establishment "firing" and driving away our most loyal clients.
Fun and Exciting!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 5, 2018
Working at WellHaven has been an excellent experience. A noble cause of helping pets everywhere while simultaneously being surrounded by hardworking, creative and fun people! Each day you have the opportunity to learn, grow and solve complex problems. Startups are fun!
Challenge profession to think outside the box. Can have a happy sustainable career in this profession.
Principal Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2018
A lot of flexibility to do the right thing. Focus on doctor, team happiness to ensure that pet parents will have the best interactions. Opening the pet parents to a mutual relationship based on trust and encouragement to be a responsible pet parent. All along providing quality medical preventive care for pets.
Pros
Exciting, new, provide support for those in the hospital, so everyone can lead better lives.
Cons
Starting from scratch, helping to mold a new culture, not reinvent the wheel but make it better. Requires leaning in and rolling with the changes. Growth, improvement is not easy, but worth it.
Great company. The best group of people I've ever worked with!
Director of Field Support (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 4, 2018
Working with the freedom to make meaningful changes in the daily lives of our team members. There is a well supported leadership structure that allows us to put the hospitals at the center of our focus. Everyone at WellHaven has a positive attitude about the future of veterinary medicine and what we can do to continue to improve the lives of pets. I am able to share the passion I have for what I do and use my experience to consult with numerous hospitals. Decisions are made with a collaborate effort so we can all agree what is best for WellHaven moving forward. Don't miss an opportunity to join us if it presents itself to you.
Making a difference
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2018
We all want to work somewhere that we can make a difference in. At WellHaven, being a start up means that you get that opportunity to help create the culture and the processes. It also means that you have to be agile and willing to put in the work. A coworker recently said, that here we have to figure out whats to solve problems. If you want someone to tell you what to do and how to do it, this isn't the place for you. We really are looking for people that can come to the table with solutions and follow through. The reward is to be able to see the changes and the impacts we have on people and pets. That's why WellHaven is awesome. I definitely recommend this company!
Pros
Great employees and work environment
Another typical corporately owned veterinary chain - all previous Bandfield doctors/employees -
Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WASeptember 1, 2018
A new start-up veterinary CHAIN, which started out and grew too fast, thus upper management has no idea what they are doing, mid management is “toxic”, and in hospital management lacks structure. Less than favorable client relations (all about P and L) Awful benefits for staff pets (the corporation actually MAKES MONEY off of their employees).
exciting startup!
Chief Medical Officer Pacific Northwest (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 25, 2018
I love the view this company takes on women in leadership roles- they fully support and encourage women in every level of the company! There is even a group called Women of Wellhaven that gets together to brainstorm how to better encourage women in the workplace.
Pros
awesome people!
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellHaven Pet Health. Our community is ready to answer.

WellHaven Pet Health Reviews by Location