Wellington Advisors Employee Reviews

Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 24, 2019
after 90 Days of hard work at 2 properties there was no appreciation. Very lack of communication. No team work. Regional Service Manager was very rude and addressed me as hey, not my name.
It was bad, really bad
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 6, 2019
The worst company ive ever worked for. The management was horrible they would talk down to you, disrespect you and insult you. They would say if you didn't like it you could quit. Huge turn over of employees. Please do yourself a favor and stay away.
The job could be a good one, but the management makes it extremely depressing to go to work everyday.
Awesome Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 10, 2018
Wellington Advisors is a fast paced growing company with great benefits. The owner/ management teams are organized, detailed, and open for suggestions. Wellington is creating a lasting mark in the North Carolina market.
Excellent Place to Work
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 25, 2018
Working for Wellington has been an amazing experience. There is work/life balance, though there are days on any job your stress level is high, you have the resources and leadership to get it accomplished. I am so happy working with my team and upper leadership. You show them your work and they reward you with promotions.
Positive fun work environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoy my job as a manager with Wellington. Very high expectations for all staff, which is admirable and makes me strive to be better. There are various reports due daily but nothing difficult or unmanageable. If you are seasoned and know how to be a good manager, you can easily succeed. They are constantly making improvements to their properties to make them better for our residents. We have a great support system from our Regionals and all the way up to the COO and CFO. Everyone is so nice and always super willing to help. I will say, if you aren’t a hard worker or a team player you probably won’t like your job, which is more than likely the type of people that gave negative reviews. Always the disgruntled ones that didn’t get away with not doing their job to blast negativity.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, positive work environment
Cons
Hard to find good maintenance in Durham
Amazing Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Leland NCFebruary 21, 2018
I have been employed by Wellington Advisors for four years! I can't say enough great things about how much they care about their employees. Yes, we work very hard but it is Property Managment! You are not a number to Wellington Advisors. If you are a job hopper looking to not work and just earn a check, don't apply! If you are a hard worker looking to get what you give, Wellington is the right job for you!
Pros
Great Support
Fun Environment and Family Friendly
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 15, 2017
Wellington Advisors provides an amazing work environment for all their employees. Your co-workers become your family. I have enjoyed the time I have work for Wellington Advisors.
Fun if you do your job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 12, 2017
Get your work done fast and effectively, maintenance management is very caring. Get along with everyone no matter what their views. Always be prepared and do not ever skip on your work.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Egos
Great experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2017
Great experience with Wellington! Yes they are short handed time to time so be ready to be a team player. They are very structured and help is always around. You will have the help you need if you ask. I felt like upper management always had my back and the monthly meetings kept everyone in the loop. This was a great working environment.
Pros
Advancement opportunity, communication
Cons
Salary
Awesome job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 27, 2017
Lived in Fayetteville most my life and this company by far is the best ive worked for. Seen some people go but noticed if you dont like to work this isnt the company for you. Company has been more then willing and has trained me in the heating and air field beyond all expectations. No problem getting milage or my supervisors in the phone at anytime. Its nice to work for a place where your boss wouldnt expect you to do something they wouldnt do and are in fact doing just as much as you.
Pros
Cons
No helicopter to get to work and other properties in. Boo whoo.
Do not apply
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 27, 2017
Upper management insecure of property managers. They will lie on you and undercut you everytime. The pay is horrible. Unbelievable report structure that takes up alot of your time. Extreme micromanagement. Regional managers scared you will look better than them.

They stretch their employees over multiple properties. They burn through maintenance technicians.

They rewrite job postings to be deceptive. Do not apply to any positions. You will live to regret it.
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, reporting structure, poor regionals
Terrible Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 10, 2017
Wellington is all about the money. They brought me in as a maintenance technician on one property then asked me to cover another and another. Next thing I know I am working several properties and for no more money. They are always short on maintenance techs. They are not willing to pay for anything. Getting mileage reimbursement felt like I was doing something wrong.
Pros
Growing
Cons
pay, business ethics, no advancement
Great environment to work in for a growing company
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 31, 2017
Great company to work for in the triad. Was part of the corporate team and I was treated very well as I was included in most outings and contributed to most daily activities. Worked directly under the CFO in the accounting department, whom he is a great person and I got along very well with. I felt a warm culture with everyone in corporate and enjoyed the owner coming in every week or two to see what was going on in the company from a financial standpoint, but never really micromanaged, which was good. Interacted sparingly with the (now) COO and she came across as a good leader who wanted to get things done but in an efficient manner. They were very patient in getting me up to speed with the new accounting role and systems, which I applaud for my pace of learning. Offered compensation packages for 401k that beganin January of this year.

Only reason for the 4 stars above were the size of the company and the current role I had, with not much immediate room for great expansion in accounting, but I knew this going in and it wasn't a negative for myself. Give it 3-5 years and the company might need a few more accountants for certain regions if they continue to grow, making advancement in accounting more accessable.
Pros
Great entry level accounting experience for novices, great work environment/coworkers/management, quiet space not in the middle of a huge building
Cons
Not much immediate room for advancement in accounting
I love this company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2017
I have been working for Wellington for a few months now. To be honest these other reviews did scare me a little. I really like working here. The maintenance staff that I have met our really great people and have great things to say. I like how I can go to my boss and ask them anything and not get looked down at. My boss trained with me for a few weeks. If I have questions they have no problem with me calling and asking a questions. I am very happy here and plan on being with this company for a long time. I know they have made changes in management recently so I think that ask a lot to do with the way things are run now.
Pros
pay, benifits, people that you work with.
Cons
nothing
Hostile work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 8, 2016
Worst management I have ever encountered. High turnover. Lunch break is short. No training is provided by management. Hard to get in touch with management. I wouldn't hire this company for any of my property. I feel sorry for the owners.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Former employee
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 7, 2016
Maintenance is under staffed, over worked, no tools to complete jobs. No work life balance and little benefits.unless you are in the favorite group there is no advancement.
Company totally unprepared for property maintenance.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 6, 2016
Starting out working for Wellington was a run of the mill apartment maintenance job well that didn't last long after just a short time I came to realize this company is no more than a marketing smoke screen. Lets start out with equipment to perform the simplest repair Wellington didn't even own a ladder or any other type of tools to perform property maintenance. I'm not talking about hand tools that any maintenance person should have but tools like shovels,rakes,wheel borrows,I'm talking none!!! This company completely relies on their employees to supply them with tools and I'm sure that little fact is never brought up when talking to property owners. Second reason any maintenance person worth their salt should run from working for this company, after your hired and agree on an hourly rate you can be sure after a few weeks your going to have a 2nd property to help out on then a 3rd and so on and before you know it you will be doing 3 times the amount of work you were hired for but no more pay. This is business as usual at Wellington ask anyone that has worked for them. 3rd and the most important is the upper management at Wellington are liars and backstabbers that will smile and tell you how they love their employees to your face but the fact is they are the coldest, most ruthless,calculating and vindictive group of people you don't ever want to meet. So do yourself a favor and stay away from this company they have gone thru 20+ maintenance people in the last few years and the law of averages say thats just to many. If you add in all the property managers that have come and  more... gone that number goes way up.  less
Cons
Work too hard for little money... Worst company ever...
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  FayettevilleOctober 12, 2015
I have been with this company a little less than a year. The Property Manager and Wellington Advisors expect you to do task at which you do not have the tools to do them with. You have your duties to do during the day and then you have all the extra stuff thrown at you and the property manager acts if she is the only one doing all the work. The pay sucks, you are treated ok as far as a smile. Lots of things go on in the office which would make residents head spin and lots of things residents do in return to make you want to explode. This company needs a complete overhaul.
Pros
Cons
NO Breaks, Work is all you do and never ending. Sorry Pay
Very Unprofessional Upper- Management !
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 13, 2014
The property Managers I worked for were very nice & professional.
A hard place to adavance
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2013
Working for this company you work very hard and are made promises you will excel and you do not.