WellLife Network Employee Reviews

Work/life balance
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Island Park, NYJuly 15, 2019
No support, the job trainings were mediocre at best, and little to no room for growth without hoping another staff member leaves. The only plus side was the coworkers that weren't management were interesting people.
good place to begin your case manager career
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 3, 2019
working here is a good learning experience and can be very rewarding. however the pay rate is not enough to survive and the demands from your supervisors can become stressful.
Co-workers give you the joy of coming to work
Entitlement & Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 28, 2019
it's very challenging and room to gain knowledge of the work put into maintaining a nonprofit organization while making sure the individuals you work for get all their full benefits, while living a comfortable lifestyle.
Dedicated to the enrichment of the people we serve
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYJune 24, 2019
Every worker has a patient, nurturing, caring background that is essential for our individuals. We take them into the community, have them interact with the public, engage in activities that stimulate the senses. If you don't want to clean up bowel movements or other bodily fluids, you might want to think twice before applying in this field
It's good over all
Psychology Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 13, 2019
It's nice work environment. People from different culture work here and it feels good to see variety of culture and custom working at the same place and getting along.
Seeing the Big Picture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 22, 2019
The hardest part of this job is keeping staff motivated through-out the regulatory changes that requires the agency to comply with new processes. Things can get stressful, but with the support of management and team members we seem to always be able to get it done.
Pros
great benefits, great staff
Cons
na
Great agency
Program Director, DD Services (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYMarch 30, 2019
This agency supports professional growth and provides excellent trainings to help employees advance. The executive management communicates the agencies goals and mission with everyone from administration to entry level staff.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Very good place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bell blvd baysideMarch 29, 2019
I work at welllife more the year this is the best company I’m 100%sure I could recommend anyone to try this company I love good individuals management very good always please employees for me there’s nothing to complaints good benefits and unions and clean area okay guys very good company
Good work place
Maintenance Worker (Porter) (Current Employee) –  Porter, NYMarch 27, 2019
Good place to work, environment is both collaborative and stress free. I’m working here temporarily but I recommend this company for anyone trying to work part time/ full time.
Great place to work and management were really understanding.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  OMNIMarch 17, 2019
My typical day i would clock in, see what i would have to do for the day. Whether it's making and serving dinner or typing notes and speaking to the individividuals and helping them with their daily or weekly goals. Either way liked being at work everyday. My fellow coworkers were nice and management were really understanding. I would definitely work there again.
Productive work place
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NY 11351March 15, 2019
The company supports it's mission to the core. It is a wonderful place to work and the environment is very peaceful. The hardest part of the job is pay increases which does not happen often.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Pay Rates
Great Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYMarch 4, 2019
Great working environment, everyone is caring and very friendly. Would definitely recommend working in the company. Overall it was a very pleasurable experience and I learned a lot.
Great individuals
Dusp (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn nyFebruary 21, 2019
Let me just say I believe that the house I worked in was the most toxic work environment I have ever endured . I’ll start off by saying once you are a new hire and you come into the house you are not welcomed by senior staff . The management team doesn’t get along at all . The assistant manager was ok . This place covers up all types of fraudulent issues with individuals . I’m not saying well life as awhole is bad but the house I worked definitely needs some deep cleaning. There is never enough staff s your work load is extremely heavy no help from management at all the individuals barely go on outings
Pros
Over time
Cons
Its a productive and good work environment.
Senior Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Overall I believe Welllife network is a fair company but I do believe they should take care of their employees much better. The area that I work in is pretty stable and well organized in handling the affairs of the company, but I've found that in other areas of the company certain departments don't run as well.
Cons
low pay rates
Great work environment and excellent Intern experience
Internship in Northern Lights PROS Program (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJanuary 8, 2019
I feel WellLife is a great environment to work in. The clinician's that work at the PROS program I interned with care a great deal for the clients who attend the pros day program and are very involved in their treatment. As an intern, I felt like I got the best experience possible. I gained a great deal of clinical skills and the supervision was efficient and always excellent. I was given a lot of freedom with my therapeutic style and was given the chance to run various different group sessions as well as given my own small caseload of clients throughout my experience. I highly recommend this organization, especially counseling and social work students looking to learn in a great environment
Pros
Excellent Superivision and Clinical Experience; Great team of clinicians
Cons
A lot of clients do not participate in groups and are not forced to participate, run more like. a dayhab program
Fair Company
Resident Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 27, 2018
The pay is somewhat decent but they need to offer paid vacation to part time workers as well as full time workers. I have been a part if this company for about 4 1/2 years and only seen 1 bonus and 3 raises. I tried to apply for a different position and was denied due to lack of paper work completion. They need a pair of fresh new eyes around.
Temporary File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 25, 2018
The people there are very respectful to one another. They are showing a lot of professionalism. Most importantly, you have to be up to your task and meet prior to the deadlines.
Pros
Personal hours, hour break
Cons
no raises
A corporate organization that put polices before clients
Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Coram, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Working for WellLife Network overall was great interaction with clients and staff at the Coram location. Although the Smithtown location was a bad experience, fellow employees did not work together as a team, I was spied on and plotted against, which is unacceptable in any work place. The Director was more concerned with her "climbing the ladder" than resolving issues with staff, a fellow employee told me of the actions against me after I had resigned otherwise I would not have gone quietly.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Salary
This is a bad place to work
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Coram, NYSeptember 7, 2018
This job will suck the life out of you. Heavy caseload that is impossible to complete, unrealistic expectations, mountains of paperwork, supervisors essentially tell you to give up your lunch break to work more, supervisors that are unavailable, long hours, no time off for the first 6 months. I could go on and on...
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad supervisors, low pay, unrealistic demands, no work/life balance
It was a fun place to work in
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Whitestone, NYAugust 30, 2018
• Handle full cycle recruiting.
• Handle all transfers.
• Organize and conduct new hire orientation.
• Source candidates from varies job engines such as Indeed, Linkedin, Monster etc.
• Design and implement monthly managers training.
• Work cross-functionally with other managers to discuss all hiring needs.
• Track and manage applicants through ATS.
• Conduct face to face and phone interviews.
• Organize weekly open houses.
• Complete background checks and verification of certifications.
• Develop and manage recruiting reports for HR department and Managers.
• Create and maintain positive relationships and build networks with local colleges and businesses.
• Conduct new hire orientation.
• Provide excellent communication with candidates through onboarding/hire process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellLife Network. Our community is ready to answer.