Wellmont CVA Heart Institute Employee Reviews

Cardiology at it's best
Cardiology NP (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 18, 2017
Great team of MD's and Mid-Levels. managements was also great. Supported by doctors. Really a great career for APN's. If you want to learn there is ample opportunity.
Pros
Learning, support, management
Cons
Sometimes can be hard to be accepted by the different groups within the practice
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 30, 2017
Very busy schedule, work with multiple doctors, never know until you arrive for the day where or which doctors you will be working for. Continuous learning opportunities. Hardest part is to learn what each doctor expects. Each has their own expectations. Upbeat work culture. Interaction with patients and feeling like you made a small difference best part of job.
Pros
work environment, flexible work hours
Cons
low pay
Fast paced but laid back atomsphere
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Laid back place to work. Very fast paced and alot of walking. Co-workers and well as providers are easy to work with. Office is growing, little amount of space to work in some days there is no place to land.
Pros
Laid back atomsphere
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Great Doctors!
Electrophysiology Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at the Heart Center consist of assisting between 300-400 patients at minimum. I have learned that you can't always leave work and nothing can always be perfect but you can get everything done by quitting time if you stay focussed. The management in some areas could use some work but nothing that is out of the ordinary. The hardest part of my job is always being short staffed and having the workload of four people. The most enjoyable part of my job is the rewarding feeling I get when I leave this building after helping critical patients that are in such need of care.
Nice place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TN 37660August 27, 2013
Work begin at 6:00am or 6:30am ends at 4:30PM. Put charges in all day for other offices. Co-workers are great. It was hard learning the new system, but once we got the hang of it it was not as hard. Being able to help one another on problems that we could solve together. Management was great.

Want to know more about Wellmont CVA Heart Institute?

Ask a question