Wellness Coaches

Working at Wellness Coaches: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

Very fun work

Other staff members are very helpful even if you are new to position. Your manager is always available by phone or email and the organization is great as a whole. Extra pat when in a Team Lead role. Ample supplies are provided for the task.

Pros

Work when available

Covid Nightmare

I enjoyed working for WCUSA beside the overall hours scheduled. When Covid hit I was contracted to two sites and one completely cut hours which put me at the other location who left me for 40 hour weeks out in a plastic shed the size of closet with no temperature control, bathroom breaks or lunch breaks. The shed would get over 100 degrees and I would be stuck in the shed for 8 hours. The same with extreme storms, it wasn't until the shed almost blew over that I was brought into the building. When brought to a WCUSA manager's attention, they said they would talk to the site contacts who did absolutely nothing. I was then laid off due to injury that I could have returned to my normal job title of coaching. When covid hit there was no job security at all and very little communication from managers. I only got straight answers when I finally talked to HR.

Pros

Independence, helping people better their health, pay

Cons

management, healthcare, job security, actual concern for their employees

Wellness Coaches insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great company

Was great 8+ years with WCUSA being the first SF Bay Area employee of a growing nationwide company. Great support from management and co-workers. Goals were clear and micro managing was minimal as you were given freedom to research and try programs to help various clients at various work sites. I really grew as a professional learned a lot about client-vendor relationships. I hope we cross paths again in the future, great company to work for!

Selling wellness in manufacturing, trucking, pharmaceutical, construction industries

Typical day involves starting out early with engaging talks and stretching sessions for my population. Walking around in their work environment using coaching skills and high-quality company-produced materials to promote wellness and be available for consultations. Lots of public speaking. Wellness Coaches is a great company. Have to be careful so as not to get caught up in rather workaholic culture of my population. Great relationships and great remote support. Must be able to work well independently.

Excellent company!

Management very supportive. Excellent training. I am always confident they are there to support me Continually updating information. Can only say they are the best company I've worked for!

Nice place to work for

Nice place to work at. Good management. Good pay. Hours can be a little funny but works great for my situation. Driving involved. Need to work independently.

A wonderful opportunity to serve in Corporate Wellness!

From beginning to end, I had an excellent work experience with Wellness Coaches. I felt taken care of by the staff, and witness the integrity of the company on many levels. My only complaint is that I moved out of state and had to resign from the position.

Pros

Autonomous work environment

Cons

If you aren't a self-starter, the position may pose challenges

Great company to work for

Loved the people I worked with. Management was always available to help. Their were opportunities for growth and advancement. Health benefits were not the best...

A work with a purpose

A typical day include working with a variety of people helping them to make better choices for a healthy life style. I learned to understand cultural diversity. The hardest part of my job was to leave, I did not wanted to leave what I loved to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in someone's life one day at a time.

Pros

work diversity

Cons

short breaks

Una compania atemperada a los tiempos y necesidades de los clientes

Excelente ambiente laboral así como la facilidad de poder desarrollarse en el campo del wellness por la cantidad de beneficios al momento de tópicos y temas relacionados a este campo.

good entry level job

good entry level position. hard to move up. good benefits for the most part. good work/life balance. make your own hours.

Great Starting Position

Great company to work with as a start into the corporate coaching realm. They was freedom for the coach to use their creativity in developing health promotion programs for their site. Support from managers were good.

Pros

Freedom to be creative in your work envorinment

Cons

Advancement is limited

Fun, team-oriented company

Each Wellness Coach has a slightly different experience depending on their client(s). I worked with long-haul truck drivers and mechanics. I delivered monthly initiatives which were chosen or developed specifically for my client. There are ready-made initiatives from which we could choose that were shared and made available to all wellness coaches and others were developed by me specifically for my client. My hours varied greatly as drivers come and go at odd hours. I was on-site from as early as 3am until as late as midnight. I was only required to be on-site for a total of 36 hours for this client, and could spend the remaining 4 working from home, entering notes into the corporate database.

Pros

flexible hours, fun company, independence

Cons

long commute

Productive and fun place to make a career

I enjoyed using my sports medicine degree as I would return workers, truck drivers back to work.

Pros

Free shirts, and hats

Cons

Heavy traffic communte

Great place to work.

Loved the impact I have on people. I was able to be creative in delivering programs to employees.

na

excellent internship enjoyed it a great deal learned alot worked with employee wellness

Seems like a good job... then the truth sinks in

Your basic job is to walk around job site and "coach" employees on health topics. The truth is most of this "coaching" is simply a conversation about a wellness topic so it could logged into the dreaded data base- which takes a ton of your time. A client might mention playing basketball on the weekend. I would log that as I coached him on exercise. Seemed like juking the stats, to borrow a phrase from The Wire. Management was iffy, not very helpful in advancement, or with HR issues. I was lied to by my boss when promised a promotion. They let me go instead. Which brings me to job security; it is non-existent. You can and will be let go for no good reason, despite achieving great results. A growing company, yes, but they have lots of growing up to do to get beyond the nit-picky gossipy small business to true professional corporation.

Pros

Stethoscope.

Cons

Feel like an employee of the company you coach, and you serve at the pleasure of your boss.

Great company to work for

Great company, good management and promotions. Work with employees of on-site wellness programs, take blood pressures and body compositions. Ongoing conversations about improving ones well-being and how to adopt healthy habits. Created health and safety promotion programs.

Pros

flexible schedules and great people

Fun Work With a purpose for helping others!

My typical day as a Wellness Coach involves giving healthy eating advice, giving the employees new recipes to try, taking blood pressure measurments, taking body compositions, weight loss consultations, stress management consultations, and exercise consultations. I really learned to take baby steps with individuals trying to make life long changes. I was the only employee of Wellness Coaches on-site, so my other co-workers I only speak with through email and phone, but they are all very professional and helpful. The hardest part of my job is having to leave because the contract isn't being renewed, due to financing. The most enjoyable part has been seeing people lose weight and make other positive changes in their lives!

Pros

great hours, friendly people, great pay!

Leading the way in health & wellness

Great company to work for, great pay and benefits. However, you must be responsible as you will be fairly independent from management and must complete daily paperwork.

gratifying to help and educate employees on health and wellness related issues.

a typical day of work was going from one site to another. Educating and consulting with employees on their wellness issues. Ive learned the importance of listening to individuals prior to coming to any conclusions. The enjoyable part of the job was letting the individuals know they are accomplishing their personal goals. The hardest part was leaving the job because of the established relationships.

Common questions about Wellness Coaches

Answered by current and former employees at Wellness Coaches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellness Coaches. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.8
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
1.9Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight