Play YouTube video button
Information from Wellpath:

Wellpath Employee Reviews

United States979 reviews
Featured review
Wellpath selected this as a representative review
great place to work staff loves to help everyone comes together and work as a team when it is most need no one has any problems with helping out there team co workers at a time in need.
I loved working for Wellpath. I loved my coworkers and the team work we had was great. The respect that was gained because of our had work and showing that we really took pride in our work made everyday worth it. The officers were very respectful and helpful. The days just went so smooth. It was a great learning experience for me.
Pros
You learn so much.
Cons
Some people brought there problems to work
If you want to be miserable, work here! Poor management, especially in medical department. Poor work culture! This is a work place bullies’ paradise! No accountability for poor employees, no recognition for good ones! This is a horrible place to work!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work culture, management
This place is ran by old women who weren’t popular in high school so they try to relive that time. If you are Facebook friends with the HSA you will be fine. If not don’t apply. LPN nurses are not relevant here. They have no training in place but so many protocols in place they need proper training. They do not express the jjob discrimination. They minimize the fact that the population are criminals and they can be aggressive. They also do not practice basic hygiene... I witnessed nurses and medtech preparing drinks with water from the bathroom accessed by all staff during the Covid outbreaks. It was known the staff was infected but they would report no inmates had Covid and ignored the fact the staff had it.I listened to my good old common sense and left, a week later the entire nursing staff had been exposed with Covid and the had to sent home!! Don’t sign up here unless you enjoy BULL!
Nursing Since 1990 Th is place needs to be debunked!!!!
Pros
Getting off
Cons
Entire upper management including DON Wellpath representive and HR
The executive leadership and my direct leaders totally stands behind the companies mission caring about people and providing quality healthcare. Company supports its employees.
Pros
Compensation, Technology, Flexibility
Cons
Not really a con but continue the work on process improvement and site development
Absolutely the worst interview process I’ve ever experienced. Hands down one of the most unprofessional companies out there. Management is ineffective and unresponsive. Definitely not worth the trouble. Definitely not inclusive, diverse, or welcoming for employees
I've seen fantastic nurses treated like dirt, the company uses you and turns on you in a minute to save their own behind. They feed you well but the managers and supervisors could care less. They tell you one thing and then ask why it's done this way. They have their favorites and they can do no wrong. I put in my 2 weeks 3 weeks early and they had me work all day and then told me I wasn't needed. They walked me out the doors like I was a criminal
Pros
Salary
Cons
See above statement
Don’t waste your time working here. It’s sad to say, but the ignorance starts at the top, with administration. The culture works it’s way down to the medical floor. Total mismanagement. A very toxic work environment. Negativity is encouraged, instead of promoting unity. Especially, in a men’s prison. Such a shame. It could potentially be a great place to work.
No orientation to the role; several attempts made to speak with managers re: job duties and performance- they offer no feedback and dismiss staff at Will without prior notice. They have no regard or value for their personnel - I do not recommend working for Wellpath
To put it simply , nurse to nurse do not apply hear if you have a good heart. The way these inmates are treated is disgusting and wellpaths complacency is truly sociopathic. I wanted to try with all my heart to go in to this dark place and bring some light to these otherwise outcasted men but I was exiled the second I voiced concern for the injustice I was forced to witnesss daily out of wellpaths fear of exposure. Learn from my mistake and don’t attach yourself to a sinking ship run by emotionless captains.
Pros
Complete autonomy
Cons
Misleading management, poor staffing, very fast turnaround rate, no Human Resources on site
Worked extra shifts, came in early, worked late but never felt appreciated. Management is a joke! Wellpath is incompetent and cant provide healthcare at CCDC.They got contract at CCDC and city jail but city fired them. Officers commented how sick patients get but never get to see Dr. Had 5 inmate deaths in 8 months.
I would not recommend working for this company.
The is minimal training going into a very specialized area of medicine

Staff is not valued nor supported in a very high stress environment.
No support from all levels of management, no employee recognition. If you don't play along with their politics and "good old boy mentality" your job is not secure, regardless of the quality of your work. No amount of money is worth sacrificing your self-respect or values
Pros
salary
Cons
Everything else
The pay and benefits are great. However, there are different rules depending on who is in the "in-clique" with the managers. Some people do little and it seems that no one cares. Other people are left to do the majority of the work under scrutiny of the others.
The well path employees and management was very unprofessional. The whole dept was full of gossip and back stabbing. I never fit in because I did not participate in the drama.
They overwork your but expect things to be down in a timely manner. They don’t have no type of union to protect the nurses that are working with deputies who down play your job title. I was often told by deputies that I was in there house and if I didn’t do what they wanted me to do they would be able to report you to there Sgt and Lt to get you fired and the company you work for isn’t able to do anything to help you.
Extremely stressful environment. Unprofessional behavior and atmosphere.
Consistently short staffed and overworked.

Poor orientation for new employees.

The company promises many things and does not deliver.
Toxic work environment, constant harassment from residents (inmates), officers and other staff on a daily. No one there cares if you’re in a relationship they just want a piece of you and will break you down till they get what they want. Its a DISGUSTING place to work for. Head Management doesn’t know how to run facility. Everyone gossips about everyone. Just save yourself the time and don’t apply
The facility I worked at had a big problem with a lack of employee professionalism, favoritism, lack of discipline, lack of accountability to staff. It appeared to me that the staff that was hardworking and willing to go above and beyond to do a good job was also the staff that was treated unfairly by management. Management relied this particular staff to cover extra shifts, float to other units, or be called off if they were nearing overtime. I realize the new management is trying to retrain a well established culture but they have not been able to remain consistent with discipline and expectations from all employees.
If you have a poor Health Administrator at your work site (as well as Regional Directors) forget it - your experience working there will be poor too. They have authority over what happens and if they don’t care about you as staff, or the corrections population receiving good care, you’ll be frustrated because the job is already very difficult, even on a ‘good day.’
Good company to work for, they are striving everyday to keep up to date on all areas of medical in the correctional setting. They strive for excellence and encourage all their staff to do the same.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellpath. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight