WellPath Employee Reviews

Stay away if you value your license
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 14, 2019
License on the line everyday. Short staffed. Conflicting policies depending on the breeze direction that day. Poorly managed. Very expensive benefits.
Pros
Great CO’s to work with
Cons
Hsa, no organization, no consistency
Wellpath is the place to work for correctional professionals!!!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  West RegionFebruary 12, 2019
I have worked for Wellpath (through several company combinations) for over 15 yrs. It saddens me to see the negative comments in here, about a few bad eggs. The majority seems to be about their immediate supervisor or the sites they work in. I can say that my experiance with Wellpath has been much different. I started out as a PRN floor nurse, and was "grown" and encouraged to build the career I have today (and still room to grow) from my immediate supervisors/mentors. The home office's philosophy, "Do the Right Thing", rings true to me, and I try to live by that, as well as, care for patients by that. I have never felt unsupported in any way by the home office and management team above me and I feel that I have a excellent team that provides stellar "boots on the ground" direct medical and mental health care to our patients, inmates/offenders, in all of my facilities I manage, and would expect nothing less.

Corrections work is a tough gig... It takes strong, passionate, dedicated people. We work with hundreds of challenging patients going through the worst times in their lives, on a daily basis. Assessing and evaluating their true medical and mental health needs, all while being called names, screamed at, lied to and attempting to be "played". It is often disappointing to see the same patients come in over and over. On the flip side, it is highly rewarding, and rarely acknowledged. Thousands of lives saved, either by "talking them off the ledge", helping with addiction, advocating for their needs, diagnosing severe medical conditions that they would never have sought
  more... treatment for on the outside or just being an "ear" for them.

In short, I LOVE this company! I LOVE correctional nursing! We are doing the right thing!
Pros
Each day is an adventure, Never dull, Room for growth in career
Don't work here
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Littlefield, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Management is a joke and positions are filled by individuals without the proper credentials for the positions. HR department lacks communication skills and do not assist employees. You have a clan of high schoolers working as admin assistants that only talk about their personal life and don't get their jobs done and this is the reason the company pays thousands of dollars in fees due to the non compliance policies!!
THE worst place to work.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, FLFebruary 10, 2019
Night supervisor is rude,disrespectful and unprofessional. She likes to feed on gossip. Many of the workers there have complained about her. This place puts your license at risk. The company is always short of staff. They don't follow up with pertinent things and are quick to report you to the boards for their own nonsense.
Pros
over time
Cons
poor management
Great place!
SVP Marketing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2019
It's an honor to work at a place like this. Great opportunities to help people. The fun in it all is mapping a strategy and then making it happen. Only real trick is to navigate the size of the organization.
Pros
Amazing ability to help people and make a difference
Cons
Large size can make work slow
Wellpath/Correct Care
Therapeutic Security Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2019
The overall environment is not a bad place. It is an easy job. The only horrible thing about this place is MANAGEMENT, communications, and the two witches. No one communicates. Management does not care about our concerns. The two witches who Wellpath recognizes as supervisors talk about you like trash, spread messy rumors and have no respect for you. Different staff has reported them and nothing gets done. Needless to say, if you need a job with great OT well this is the place, just don't work second shift.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor Supervisors
Great Place To Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 6, 2019
Over the last couple of years the company has been transformed and cares greatly about their patients as well as staff. Great place to work and I learn something daily. My manager is available whenever there are questions.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Inmates
Great co-workers, horrible upper management
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Great co-workers, horrible upper management. They had no concern whatsoever for employees. Would hire anyone to fill any spot! Many employees did whatever they wanted, except their job, and get away with it. If they don’t like you personally or think you are a threat, you will be terminated for no reason!
Cons
I have enjoyed my position within this company, but my degree is my focus at this point. I was told that the company can not work with my school hours
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 2, 2019
I work the intake dept which can be stressful some days and harmonious on other days. It has allowed me to work with patients ranging from juveniles to adults that have an array of medical conditions. The hardest part of the job is being pulled to another dept. during the middle of the shift when an on call nurse is available and on site, but instead the LPN is pulled leaving the intake dept. short staffed.
Pros
Holiday Pay-I volunteer to work all holidays.
Cons
Having OT days taken away after they were confirmed for you.
Worst management ever
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 1, 2019
This company is absolutely horrible. Management is disgraceful. Good nurses get punished. Incompetent nurses get rewarded. HR is useless, they could care less. If you want a job where management is abusive and incompetent this is definitely the place. I’ve never worked with such a disgraceful company. I did some research and CCS/Wellpath has lawsuits up the butt. You’re literally putting your license at risk each shift because of management.
Poor Management
Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 31, 2019
If you want to work for a company where you get abused then this is your place! People talk down to you here like you are trash off the street. If you go to upper management with an issue, nobody does anything to help you. There is no team work, the pay was decent but not for the daily abuse you have to put up with everyday. Management plays favorites and does not treat everyone equal. This is not a place for a long lasting career.
Do not work here
Physician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 30, 2019
This place treats all people sub-human. Medicine is not respected, human needs are not respected, it is a law suit waiting to happen. In my experience as a provider I watched company costs take precedent over basic medical needs, and rn staff bullied on a daily basis. Management literally yelled and demeaned people in front of everybody. Management was grossly unprofessional, it was a hostile and toxic work environment. RUN AWAY as fast as you can from WELLPATH (it should be called lawsuit path.) I wish I would have read the reviews before saying yes to this position.
Pros
The only pro was that I was paid.
Cons
Be demoralized and demeaned.
Worst company ever
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2019
This company does not care about working with you. They are fine when you come in on your days off but heaven forbid life happens to you and you have to call out. I had some issues turn up that I let management know over a week in advance so that they could fix the schedule. They agreed to work with me and give me time off to fix the situation. Then turned around and terminated me without telling me. I was calling to say I had gotten my situation fixed and could return back to work early to find out I was terminated. I would never work for a company again who goes back on their word and can’t even let the employee know they terminated them.
Pros
Some of the staff I worked with was nice
Not much to say
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 25, 2019
Like any job there are pros and cons. There are times when the job is very fulfilling and other times it is difficult to feel motivated to come to work.
like my job
MASAC Massachusetts Alcohol Substance Abuse Center (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 24, 2019
fun place to work, interesting people, good culture, difficult clients at times. The staff tries really hard. No physical desk or office space to speak of.
Words can't describe how horrible management is.
Manager (Current Employee) –  SoutheastJanuary 15, 2019
Tax payers don't realize that this is a money making large corporation that makes policies but does not follow them and they have no accountability. If people knew what management did and didn't do they would be fired. It's why they have such a high turnover rate.

The people that are there to supposedly be "helped" pay the price for this because every time someone leaves ..which is almost on a weekly basis, their plans for treatment start over and go in a different direction so there is no hope for them to ever finish their program. They would rather have stayed in prison than to go somewhere like this where they are misled, and often abused and can end up worse than when they came. The management does not care because the longer they stay there the more money they make.

The staff that does stay is either part of the problem, or not smart enough to see or care, or are afraid to be truthful.

Stay away!!
Pros
Almost none
Cons
Almost everything
Do not put your life in danger
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2019
If you want to fight patients and staff then this is the place to work at. No matter how hard you try to stay out of non-sense something will always pull you in. The crimanally insane patients want to fight you and so does the staff. They have hired the most disrespectful people in this facility and management could care less about staff physical and mental well being. Majority of the female staff are vicious and ignorant in this place, is like they were raised by animals. The word ghetto can not describe the type of individuals you will work with. The supervisors are not any better either. They love disrespecting their employees but will fire you if you return the favor. The only employees that can actually thrive in this environement are the one that love ignorance and violence. You don't have to listen to this review, you can go see it for your self. Cone back and write a review on whether you agree or disagree. Wish we could put names on the reviews so we can warned future employees of the people they need to stay away from in this company
Pros
Still trying to figure that out
Cons
Too many to list
Don’t waste your time
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2019
This company sucks management suck. Save your time I worked in Food Service. DHEC should close this place down!!!There are plenty of rats! Save your time please!!!
Cons
Short breaks
Don’t work for this Company!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2019
I worked as a nurse for this so called company. It has steadily taken a nose dive to a terrible company!! The management is terrible and will say and do anything to get you off their backs!! Too many empty promises! Some of the staff get away with anything and keep corporate in the dark with what all is really going on there. Staff leaves the facility and don’t come back for hours. Forget trying to come in do your job and leave, it sucks the life out of you!
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Poor management, no morale, they are now hiring bottom of the barrel
stressful and demanding
mental health clinician (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 6, 2019
It is a stressful work environment with lack of concern for the clinician's needs. Feedback and suggestions are ignored and promises are made that are never followed through on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellPath. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2