Wellpath

Wellpath Employee Reviews

United States1,508 reviews

Found 1,508 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,512 reviews
inmatenursecorrectionjailcorrectionalhsapatientemployee

Get it done environment, mission driven, approachable management, great advancement opportunities, COLLABORATION!!!

Featured review

Wellpath selected this as a representative review
I love all the things I have been able to make a positive contribution to. Limited beaurocracy. THe management is highly approachable and cares. Collaboration is a key cultural tennent

Official response from Wellpath

January 28, 2022
Thank you for providing positive feedback about your experience at Wellpath. Our organization is defined by team members like you, and we’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience here. We appreciate all that you do!

Somewhat productive

Okay place to work, benefits are okay, not much room for growth. Officers are great , there is a lot of work-place drama but that's everywhere. Overall it's an okay place to work .

Pros

Stress-free work place

Cons

Benefits are not good

Wellpath insights

Based on 1,180 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Different type of Nursing

If you enjoy a challenge, have a thick skin and don't take words top seriously, this is the type of work you need. The job is great, the company is easy to work with, but the money could be a little better (not up to some of our neighboring facilities rates.)

Good Money, Terrible Everything Else

This corporation is soul sucking. It has absolutely no interest in investing in it's employees, everyone is expendable (which leaves those who are committed to the population they serve- drowning with minimal assistance). Burn out level and turn over level are SKY HIGH. You can advance and travel with this company, but it requires being a managerial kiss a**.The money can be considered competitive, but when that is the ONLY incentive to show up, of course nursing staff want more. Onboarding new hires is a nightmare because the company is based out of Tennessee so people are rarely given a warm welcome and are rushed into their position like a band aid to help the hemorrhage and they are left with critical insurance/tax/ login questions. You're thrown to the wolves and told to figure it out. Honestly if you're looking to make good money and can avoid the politics, go for it. Otherwise, I would steer clear. Jail nursing is extremely rewarding and gives an immersive experience working with mental health, but this company does not care about the inmates nor does it care about it's employees.

Pros

coworkers, sheriff dept staff, competitive wages

Cons

poor insurance, awful management, poor HR communication

Short staffed, long hours, low pay

Low pay, no place for advancement, long hours, short staffed. benefits are not the greatest. Low PTO accumulation. I don’t recommend working for this company.

Nurse Practitioner

Medical decisions dictated by custody, if you don't bow down they will get rid of you. Toxic management. Dictatorship with absolutely no leadership skills.

Pros

No insurance, billing or coding. No patient satisfaction scores to worry about.

Cons

Non medical officers attempting to dictate care, stepping on toes

Would not recommend

I loved the clinical work at my job, but I would tell anyone considering working for Wellpath to RUN AWAY. We are poorly compensated for the type of population we work with, and regional management treats employees very poorly. Due to the way staff are treated by regional management, all senior clinical staff have left. This has resulted in huge caseloads without enough clinicians who are experienced and able to assist/teach new clinicians and new hires. The turnover rate is huge because of how overworked we are. I have never seen such a huge turnover rate at any other job. There are few opportunities to be promoted, and there are very small pay increases when you are promoted. It is also very rare to receive pay increases, and the ones received are very small. Whenever issues are brought up to regional management, they don’t do anything. Our site management is amazing, but they cannot do much to help with systemic problems with the company.

Pros

Good PTO, meaningful clinical work

Cons

Too large of a Caseload, poor pay, no staff, treated poorly by regional management

Management is appreciative of its employees

Typical day is nursing client needs sometimes you are very busy sometimes is just normal flow of patient s to attend depending on the position.Management is appreciative and they do not micro-manage.Culture is inclusive.I love sick call is interesting n different every day.

Wellpath is a great place to work.

Wellpath is a great place to work. They are very employee friendly. They have various styles of work available. Many different opportunities for nurses.

Decent Job

I’ve worked here for years! I love my coworkers. However the raises are horrible, don’t expect one. The environment is a great place to learn new things but is in need of some more staff that are willing to work as a team.

Rewarding work and amazing workplace culture

I've worked at the LC Jail for 7 months as an LVN and find the work rewarding, as I get to care for patients who aren't otherwise able to access care. The medical staff is supportive of each other and humor is key in keeping things light.

I like the company, management ultimately created the most job dissatisfaction

I have been with the company for a few years. Out of other correctional companies, this one was genuinely the best experience. Training and onboarding is always a mess, you have to be pushy at times to get the training you are entitled to. I really loved my job until our most recent management swap. While the things she implemented weren't inherently bad, the way she talks and treats people who weren't in her "clique" was ultimately what made this site so bad to work for. Our job as a correctional nurse is already stressful enough but being talked down to and not supported by management has brought on a lot of unnecessary anxiety and stress. If you can brown nose and stroke her ego you will be welcomed here. This specific jail is not a good place to work as compared to other jails within the company. The Sherriff is very political and your safety nor the officers' safety is a priority for him. I can say I have learned a lot as a correctional nurse and apart from the politics, management, and safety concerns at this facility, it was a good place to work. Most coworkers are very supportive and easy to get a long with.

Such a safe job with a family feel to it.

I have never worked at a safer place in my career! Most people are shocked when you say that, they think of jail as being dangerous, it is not. You have a officer with you at all times. The sense of family in the work place is such a great feeling, we are cared about and you feel that daily.

So far, so good

I have been with Wellpath for seven months and so far I am happy with the position and the Company. Very good work, life balance from my standpoint.

Pros

Hour for lunch if you so chooses

Decent Pay, but they don’t care about MH workers

The company is geared towards nursing and their compensation. They don’t care much about mental health even though we provide a huge service just like nursing. You’re fully master level and licensed clinician to get paid almost the same amount as an LPN. Mental health is undervalued and under compensated. Often times when working you’ll get staff in the jail that are annoyed that you’re providing MH services. But those same staff members expect a swift response when they feel that they have a crisis. The company doesn’t support mental health staff and they have poor training. You can have a great on-site supervisor but due to all their responsibilities they tend to not have a lot of time to train you.

Pros

Random bonuses

Cons

Short lunch break, constantly feeling undervalued or like your job is unimportant, Shortage of security staff

Run by amateur management

No job security at all, good employees frequently terminated on flimsy grounds. The employee turnover is ridiculous, the average employee stays 3-4 months. The only 2 multi-years nurses are the ones who can’t work elsewhere. The administrator is the youngest and most inexperienced person there, and has no medical background. The medical director works there because the local medical center asked him to leave for over treating patients in the ER. They’ll hire you, but you’ll start seeking another job soon enough.

I would rather cut grass with scissors than work here ever again

This place is complete trash the management doesn’t know what they’re doing, most of the nurses don’t know what they’re , management is so stressed that they put it out on their employees and there’s no empathy from anyone. There’s too much favoritism to people who have been there because of their seniority which pushes away the newer employees they bring in. They can’t keep anyone or hire anyone for a certain reason. Within the time I’ve been there, which was less than a year, practically five people have quit and it’s so sad it’s like management do not care. Also the pay is very low to be working in a jail with inmates.A few people were hella cool though.

I've come back to Wellpath after being gone for about 9 months. I've missed them! So glad to be back with a culture that actually cares. I'm not leaving again!

Pros

Caring

Cons

I don't know

Administration seems to care about you in a very difficult job

Several people that refuse some assignments with the old "not going to do that cuz its not my job" excuse. Some antagonism between Medical Staff and security staff

Pros

Some good staff....good pay, lots of PTO

Cons

Lazy staff that avoids shifts by calling in sick just an hour before they are supposed to work, too many forced shifts

Best in Lewis County

Best MH facility to work for in Lewis County. Great leadership, competitive wages, 401k medical. Also PTO after 90 days. Flexible scheduling that can accommodate almost anyone's needs.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Great clinical experience. HORRIBLE company and management.

save yourself and do not work for this company. I've never experienced a company that is so money hungry that they do not bother to provide for their employees. They "say" you are important, however their actions speak the complete opposite. Unrealistic expectations of work-life balance, pay, and benefits. This company is comical. Workplace culture is WHITE! very low diversity and no diversity training what so ever.

Common questions about Wellpath

Answered by current and former employees at Wellpath

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellpath. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.7
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight