Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo insights

Based on 8,496 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great company

Featured review

Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company. They promote within. You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.

Treading Water

Since the company eliminated sales goals you are compensated on team metrics and the people who are on your team will determine your success. There is a lax culture right now with COVID and the struggle to have people show up is half the battle so managers don't seem to care about the quality of work as long as people show up to address customer service issues.

Pros

Its a good company with good pay and benefits.

Cons

You have to be able to deal with a team where not everyone is working towards the same goal.

Fun workplace great benefits . Maternity leave benefits are excellent and there’s always room to grow.

Loved working here but the calls can get a little out of hand. Always ways of changing your schedule or advancing to a different position. They are very big on hiring within the company.

I really liked my teams I worked with

Open and fun environment with some mild competition and advancement opportunities. Managers come and go but they were all pretty enjoyable to work for.

Pros

Bankers Hours!

Cons

Pay isn't awesome

Flexible with WFH during COVID. Overall, good company with lots of opportunity to learn and set goals.

I enjoyed working here as a loan officer. I feel like I learned a lot each week. The area the company struggles with is their fulfillment team production and long response times for their vendor outreach teams. Makes for a frustrating day waiting on answers. It’s nice not having to create my own business.

Pros

Benefits 401k and PTO

Cons

Nights/weekends. Poor communication with fulfillment teams.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Banking

Worked for this company for years. Had some good times and had some bad times. The good at times felt like it outweighed the bad but things took a turn for the worse. The management and crew who you work with can be a problem more than the actual job itself or the customers. I would go back to the company. If a better experience was provided.

Plenty room for advancement but culture needs work

They like to promote from within, but some of the leadership can be inconsistent. Pay is ok. The communication when new policies goes in affect could be better. Training too.

Ability to make good money, but you will work for it.

No work/life balance- benefits are good and the ability to make commission means good earnings potential. You will work every vacation and rarely have personal time

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Constant audits, investigations.

Pros: Benefits were good. Help would come from management if you really got on them. Cons: Sales atmosphere. Customer service coaching.

Pros: They had great benefits. medical and dental ect. Payout was great if sales goals were met. They encourage growth and mentor you. The customers were for the most part awesome! I really enjoy working with money so I was put on the merchant teller window.Cons: At that time sales were a huge deal (I believe that has changed since my time there). They made you feel horrible if you didn't get your sales. Yelling was involved. When you dealt with your customers there were times they would stand behind you with a clip boeard to critique you and write down all youe words. I love helping customers and before working there I had abouit 20 years of customer service experience. I found it very diffucult to focus on the customer and the task on hand and felt that I could not be myself during thos interactions. I ended up leaving due to stress.

It’s a fun environment

Wells Fargo is an excellent bank for those looking for both local branch access and digital banking services. The bank's interest rates on most of its accounts leave a lot to be desired compared to the best online banks, but they are comparable to other national banks.

Poor senior management that operates in a bubble.

Very political environment, senior leadership is out of touch. Poor employee experience. Often times flip flopped on decisions. Upside, most of my immediate team were the opposite of senior leadership.

Not terrible

Not terrible but definitely need better trainings. There was some cliques I didn’t care for but it’s just people pretending they know what they’re doing so I get it.

Great work life balance

Overall great bank with good benefits, going co workers and great leadership ship as well as amazing training.

Ok

It’s ok good pay but very demanding, very mentally draining, good pro, excellent parental leave, very diverse, there is never a boring day, constantly being debriefed on updated policy and procedures they never stay the same

Pros

Pay

Cons

Mental overdrive

Loved my coworkers

Worked at Wells Fargo for 4 years. It was definitely fast-paced, but very rewarding. Loved that I was able to help so many customers throughout my time there.

Absolute great benefits but at the same time a horrible company to work for.

The only thing that was good about my time being employed with Wells Fargo was the PTO and maternity benefits.Other than that I was running a branch completely underpaid and overworked. Not a care in the world for the amount of work I put into the company to make sure things were being done right.Had a branch manager that was an absolute loser and was able to sit in the back by his desk and hide from everyone pretending to work.Leave whenever they wanted all while I was helping the employees/customers/and making sure operations were being done correctly.Working on the west coast is completely different than working on the east coast.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

Work life is terrible. They could care less about your quality of work.

No growth opportunities

Good benefits but very slow to no growth opportunities. Managers kept changing very unstable work atmosphere. Good for Dental and health benefits but other than that nothing exciting.

If I could give more negative star I would have. Worst the company to work for

Awful! Management is awful, the rules are awful. the growth is Awful, the pay is awful, the respect is awful. There is nothing good about this company

Awesome place to work for

Great place to work for and you learn something new every single day. If you are not learning something new every single day than you are not doing your job right.

Easy place to settle at

You don't get paid for all that you do for the company. I was doing four peoples job for my pay. Run out of work often. Easy place to settle for job security

Pros

Job security

Cons

Not enough pay

Really good benefits...managers are kind of hit or miss (but mostly miss).

Overall my experience working here has been good. The work is engaging enough to not be boring, but not so off the rails that it's stressful. I lot of low level managers seem to veer on the side of micro-managing, so be aware of that. The flip side of that is that most managers are receptive to any issues you might be having, and generally they will at least try to understand your concerns. The C-Suite doesn't really listen to feedback, even though they claim to. Overall not a bad place to work, but not perfect either. I'd rate it a 7/10.

Pros

Generous PTO and paid holidays, Good health insurance, Compensation package is generally really decent, You can flex time without too much trouble

Cons

The low level managers are either really great or pretty bad, The company overall doesn't really listen to employee feedback, They only implement what will please their shareholders, The fact that they're pushing for return to office is a major con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

13.3K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

51%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss