Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 31,189 reviews matching the search See all 32,025 reviews
Production driven
Work Director II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 19, 2019
A lot of positions are heavily production driven and was inflexible. Management was driven to micro manage based on bank goals. No room for work life balance.
former employee
Sales specialist (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 19, 2019
no room for advancement. pressured by upper management to meet the sale quota. no work/life balance. pay is low compare to the industry . workplace culture is not the greatest.
review summary
LOAN DOCUMENT SPECIALIST II/CREDIT ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2019
Great management team, not enough room for advancement and the hours were excessive due to the amount of turn over at the time. Short staffed almost always but the management team tried really hard to keep us happy
Productive and Fun workplace
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 19, 2019
The company provided a lot of team bonding and building exercises. We would have daily meetings regarding team goals and company announcements. I loved assisting all of our borrowers throughout the process of their transaction with us.
Cons
closed work site
Sinking Ship
Voice Management Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2019
I'd never recommend working at Wells Fargo to anyone. The company seems to be going under and there are new rules and regulations almost all the time.

There is no career path, and employees are micro-managed.
Wells
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Wells sales tactics at the time were pushy and pay was not competitive.
Management was on a constant turn over, went through 4 managers in 3 years.
Did like some of the staff and work hours were good
Nice
MORTGAGE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Nice place to work. Fast paced. People were nice. Cafe was clean. Parking was never an issue. Work was always changing at times. Can be stressful at times
Toxic
Home Loan Processor IV (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 19, 2019
some mid-level managers rule by fear as opposed to encouragement/ Customer Loyalty is a huge deal that is judged by surveys, however there are too many variable outside of an employee's control that they are held accountable for.
Pros
pay is good, benefits are good
Cons
goals are unrealistic when it comes to customer loyalty
Stuck in a rut
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Holmes Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Loved the company. wanted to learn a lot. management was sub par in Holmes Beach, and Lakeland FL. Waiting 2 years in current position is ridiculous when you're young and trying to move up and make enough money to live.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule, Time Off
Cons
Tenure base advancement, Only as good as the rest of your store. No Individual metric that was worth it.
Working nights with 1 other person
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Worked nights we had double duty working on banks that networks were down which we could not do much with since they were not opened yet. We activated ports and checked on printers and phones .
Pros
Great Learning experience
Cons
Working nights you did not get much recognition
Would never go back
Escalation Queue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 19, 2019
Everything in the news is true plus there is more to come. The banking jobs in call center is moving overseas. Branches are going away and they want to move to online
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no future
Decent Overall
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYFebruary 19, 2019
- decent management
- not too many opportunities to learn and grow within the company and within the role
- overall, there was a good culture at the firm
n/a
PERSONAL BANKER 2 / BROKERAGE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  summerlinFebruary 19, 2019
I have worked for this company for over 5 years now. They have taught me a great deal about the financial business. The tools that I have learned from this company I will take with me to help me advance in the industry.
Nice Facility
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Hiring process is lengthy. May have to go to a couple of interviews that are lengthy. Training is more self service. Very strict on point system. Good benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Strict point system and no say on schedule.
Not a review
Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2019
There are some benefits to working at a large company and some drawbacks. Some areas have room for growth, some do not have room for growth, as with all companies.
Bank Teller
TELLER & SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Quartz Hill, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Customer facing retail job with high stress customer base. The rate of pay is industry standard with decent benefits. Free cell phone service while employed. Opportunities for commission.
Interning at WF
Intern, Innovation Strategy Team (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2019
An interesting learning experience. Advocate for what you want, set up 1:1's with as many people as possible to get a feel for the work culture. I was an intern so my experience wont relate to most.
Wachovia was great
ROVING TELLER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2019
I loved being a roving teller manager. Interacting with different people on a daily bases was refreshing Cash handling was fun. I learned a lot about team building.
Terrible Environment
Premier Banker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 18, 2019
Wells Fargo presents itself to employees and society as being ALL about the customer. This is certainly not true, as it is not reflected in the allotted call time a phone banker must not last over 280 seconds, on average. This is simply not enough time to truly deliver the wowing experience Wells Fargo claims to provide. They instruct you to cut people off, and do any thing possible to lower that average call time.
Another prime example of the actual lack of caring or interest in truly "wowing" the customers, as they say, is the fact that customer satisfaction survey scores only count for 5% weight of the total measured phone stats.
I no longer trust Wells Fargo, and I will not return in the future. They have strict standards of how to handle certain issues, yet they don't abide by their own rules and standards when making judgements on these issues.
Cons
Serious Micro-managing, verbal abuse by customers, sales pressure
Stable employment but with limits on income for performance
Mortgage Loan Closer; Job Duties (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 18, 2019
Being a Mortgage Closer at Wells Fargo has been a very educational experience for my career growth. However, there is very little room for advancement within the company now. My current income is about half of what I have made previously in sales. I am hopeful that more income is possible as well as opportunities for advancement with another company.
Pros
Work Schedule, stability
Cons
Advancement opportunities, income potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.4K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss