Wells Fargo
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 38,893 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company. They promote within. You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Great place to work if you get with the right team. With the wrong team it's a little more difficult. I had a great team miss them a lot wish my branch had never closed
Pros
Great benefits
Every day you stand for long periods of time so make sure you are prepared for that. You get all kinds of clients, must have good customer service skills.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
My time at Wells Fargo was pretty good. I was a part time teller and a full time student. Management worked with my school schedule. It’s a great place to gain experience
They manage you like children. Even seasoned professionals in leadership roles are checked up on constantly and made to do tasks and role plays beneath their skills and experience level. It’s no wonder this company has digressed significantly over the years. They also staff at ridiculously inadequate levels in all departments. Your workload is excessive and work environment is poor compared to most companies today.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Work environment and lack of advancement opp
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Managers and work directors are fantastic. Training was much to be desired. That is not WF fault though. It was very difficult to learn remotely all the stuff needed. The training was only two weeks and touched the bare minimum to do the job. Then there are side by sides where you watch other closers work. But in the end you feel like you really don't know what you are doing and you get dumped with 15 loans off the bat, and have to sometimes wait hours for the work director or someone to help you.
Pros
great support
Cons
need more intensive training
Overall really enjoyed it aside from poor management everything else was pretty awesome. Love the culture. I did enjoy working at other branches they sent me to.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Friday, payday long lines sometimes short staffed
The company was amazing to work for and so was my team! I really enjoying going to work just to see the team. Unfortunately, there was no growth opportunity available.
Pros
Pto, sick time, management
Cons
Growth opportunity
Depending on who the manager is and also the location of your branch, the job as a teller is pretty good. Entry level for someone entering the banking system.
The left never knows what the right is doing. Everyone else works on a different page. They expect you to do whatever it takes to make them money including being dishonest with employees
AML Triage and a secondary AML project located in North Carolina. Management was NOT forthcoming nor honest, I was made to fell absolutely isolated and not welcome in any way shape or form. I sat at my desk and worked with not interaction with any one in the office.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Bad management
Very poor floor management. There is no room for advancement. If you have something to say, too bad. It is grueling work. Answer calls and have no thoughts.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dismissive supervisors, toxic work environment
I went from working a government job and switched to working at Wells. Hiring process took 6 months. Was initially offered base pay to start. After countering I was given 98% of the mid. Found out later they will pay above the mid for the right candidate. Very good work life balance in my department. Work from home 1-2 days a week before covid. My department is currently expecting layoffs. Current hiring freeze until at least April 2021. Going to another small bank that pays more money and has better benefits and overtime. Raises are horrible, 1-2% a year. Bonuses are usually around 9%. So if you get a job here make sure you negotiate the highest salary you can. They will not give you a big raise unless you plan on leaving or going to another department and they want to keep you. The bank is so big it is often hard to navigate and find help. Great team members and management. But there are so many managers it’s not even funny. All in all good company and good benefits. Great way to get into banking or switch careers.
Pros
Higher salaries, good work life balance, decent benefits
Cons
No raises, low bonuses, constant layoffs
Able to get lots of customer service, sales, and financing experience. They had plenty of employee perks, flexible hours, and friendly staff to work with daily
I have seen many bad reviews about how wells fargo doesn't care about its employees and customers. But being part of the customer service aspect i have found the exact opposite. My management cared about their team and performance but also cared deeply about the customers and their experience. People around me would constantly go above and beyond to help anyone in need, customer or teammates. Also pay was very competitive, and had paid training.
Pros
Paid training, cared about employees, and growth opportunities
Cons
Long drive for me, semi stressful if you are easily perturbed.
Great benefits and great Middle Market Banking Team.Loved working the commercial side. Business banking and business documentation has always been my forte.
The job is pretty easy but co-workers tend to make the job difficult due to lack of work ethic. Be careful here , keep personal information to yourself . Management is constantly contradicting themselves, as if you’re not listening to them.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Job advancement, Professional Development
I used to love this company. Pay was pretty good, people were always kind and all around amazing, management was wonderful. Then it all changed. Funny how when one “higher up” in the district is replaced (because the other was promoted and moved on) the company in your area changes so quickly. A new district manager came in and tried to fire every single manager and bring in their friends. The entire district is still suffering from this. However, I wasn’t going to ever let that be the reason I leave a company. Wells Fargo as a whole company stands for really great things, though. I ended my time there due to lack of interest, and wanted to pursue something different that challenged me.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
The pay is good, the benefits are great. Everything else sucks. No room for growth. Favoritism throughout the company. Each branch makes up their own rule.
Amazing people and great flexibility in working in online banking. My management team is supportive. Have good work life balance. Awesome benefit in medical and 401k
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Fast pace job, need to know how to learn fast and apply the job. Great scheduling you give your availability to manager, super flexible. Again must like fast pace environment, stressful but fast!
  1. Employee Reviews