Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

terrible management
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 24, 2018
Terrible management and the company doesn't seem to be very diverse. Regardless of the experience minority gets paid less than the white employees and quicker to be promoted
Pros
pay
Cons
biased and no advancement
Unstable but great group
Loan Doc Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 24, 2018
I didn't feel appreciated there but I worked with a great group of people. the goals and expectations required and set by management were often very unrealistic and it felt like you were being set up to fail. I loved so much everyone I worked with though. Hard working bunch. I just felt it was unstable with layoffs.
Pros
Hard Working coworkers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from processors
Stepping stone to my banking career
AVP, Business Payroll Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 24, 2018
Wells Fargo was my stepping stone into Branch banking, Business Banking and other financial services. It gave me the opportunities to venture into business banking areas that helped me to expand my overall banking knowledge to be able to assist a vast variety of clients and their specific needs.
Pros
Compensation Plans
Cons
Better work life balance
managment needed better training to go with changes
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68127May 24, 2018
went from sales to service but management didn't change so still felt the same. They claim not to do anything to whisle blowers but that isn't true. A lot of things stayed the same
Pros
great benefits
Cons
budjet cuts
Great work place
Mortgage servicing specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2018
I love Wells Fargo because you have endless opportunities to grow within the company. It’s an amazing work environment and also great training. Wells Fargo overall is a great company.
call center
Financial Crimes Specialist II, Universal Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
you work do your job and go home. i love it . i work plenty of overtime cause its unlimited. managers are perfect as well as the systems. i would recommend everyone to work here.
Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2018
There was work in various departments for us to learn and develop a different skill or training while I work there and very diverse background in the company.
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk
Comfortable
Mortgage Broker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 24, 2018
Contract/ commission employee

Well managed and did business with integrity and very professional ethics.

Did not discriminate or categorize between clientele.
Ridiculous Sales Goals
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chatham, NJMay 24, 2018
My entire branch was terminated because use the district manager expected us to meet insanely high sales goals which led to the management team doing some unsavory business tactics that Wells recently in the news for. I did NOT appreciate the way the situation was handled. As tellers, we were just doing as we were told and thought nothing of it. This culture of high stakes sales goals (as in your job relies on it) starts at the top and it needs to be corrected.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Wells Fargo's poor reputation
High-volume branch, heavy customer traffic
Teller, Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 24, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with financial transactions, making sales referrals to colleagues based on product and service needs, managing branch cash, adhering to strict security standards.
Pros
Competitive products and services, exceptional training, opportunity for advancement
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about Wells Fargo?

Ask a question
Fast-paced customer service call center
Team Lead - Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2018
This is the best company I've ever worked for. A tremendous emphasis is placed on training and setting their employees up to succeed. Although the requisite KPI's for the call center focused on low talk time, leaders valued quality as well as quantity.
Hard Sale Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMay 24, 2018
Not a bad job to get into the banking industry but sub-par pay and stressful goals. Only recommend for people new to the industry to get there foot in the door.
Great pay
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2018
Thought it was a solid career oriented company, but they closed our location, displacing thousands of workers. This was after a large town hall meeting a year prior where the company stressed that they don't do closures or layoffs, they re-purpose locations. Culture was fantastic, with lots of diversity and everyone got along well. Charity campaigns were continually shoved in your face, which was not appreciated. Some managers were the best I've had in life, and some were the absolute worst. Phone teams are extremely numbers driven. Training was well above standard, and continued. There were perks to help drive employee morale, such as food days and catered lunches. They pay you to volunteer, and the benefits were outstanding.
Pros
good pay, and time off policy, lots of overtime
Cons
site closure, charity campaigns that made you feel forced to donate
Work Life Balance
Phone Banker2 (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionMay 24, 2018
Friendly environment. Makes you feel like your family and feels like its your second home. I had resigned last March 2018 to move here in the US and with my experience WellsFargo was the best company i had worked with so far.
Pros
Free treats and events and activities
Cons
15mins 1hour lunch and 15 mins
Good Place to work
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Wells Fargo. I had a opportunity in a different bank as a loan officer. I truly like the Wells Fargo family and i sincerely hope to have another opportunity to work for this company again.
no review to write
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 24, 2018
I am not writing a review at this time due to the fact that I am no longer employed there and was not there during the transition of culture and leadership
Productive and Good place to work
Systems QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
Wells Fargo took me long way ahead in my career. Very happy to be apart of this company. Enjoyed my work to the core and had very good team members and friends here for life
Operation clerk
Operation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 24, 2018
Fast pace job can get dirty from all the dust and paper. It’s a good starter job and a lot of department you can try to grow. I got the job by going through temp agency
Fast pace environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ALMay 24, 2018
High energized environment. Company allows you to help people with their finances and give sound financial advice. Company is changing to adjust to recent challenges that they have faced to create a better culture.
Benefits
Cons
More structure
Workplace culture was great
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAMay 23, 2018
Focused on strengthening customer relationships by focusing on cross selling products to become one stop financial center for all financial needs for customers
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight