Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 29,995 reviews matching the search See all 30,765 reviews
Poor management
LEAD TELLER (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 13, 2018
I have worked for several years and saw many people promoted over things they later got sued for. Now the company wants to take a completely different approach and turn things around for our customers. Wells Fargo care for Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo only. They are ultimately a business and stands by that. They treat very poorly their employees. Not sure if its an overall company wide issue but definitely where I have worked for the past 5 years. Its been a who you know and who likes you type of environment in order to get promoted. So much unfairness. The lead teller role is full of tasks including manager tasks without a good pay.
benefits
Cons
lake of care for employees
Teamwork
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 13, 2018
Being a part of the Wells Fargo team can be very rewarding, if you take the time to really become a part of their philosophy. Many come just to get in the door and work their way up, without fully understanding the everyday experience.
Wells Fargo
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2018
Wells Fargo has great culture and wonderful 401K and PTO benefits. The pay can be better on the service side as well as the insentives. Wells Fargo offers you lots of financial experience.
Managment
Dedicated Client Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2018
Management tends to be passive aggressive in some of the Roles. some managers can be very unsupportive when it comes to moving onto another role. Training is pretty minimal which can be stressful when taking on a complex role.
Pros
Benefits package, Pto, Tuition reimbursment
Cons
training, tense atmostphere
A good place to work
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2018
Very comfortable work space. Okay cafeteria. Excellent parking. (Not nearly as good as Capital One.) Good employee relationships. Need better direction from management and less layers of management.
Pros
Excellent physical working environment
Cons
Multi-layered management without clear goals
A work day
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
I liked working at Wells Fargo, however it was a temporary position and I did not have an opportunity to transition to a full-time employee. I am unable to provide feedback for fte's.
Wells Fargo is Great
Home Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2018
I had multiple opportunities to advance in Wells Fargo. Every supervisor I had at Wells Fargo was always supportive. I have enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo. The people I work with are like family as well.
company reputation
Fiduciary Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2018
When you spend 50% of your time at work apologizing for bad publicity and poor management several levels above your control, it is embarrassing and not something anyone would want on their resume. 40% of the time is mass training to handle the irate clients with PR scripts and ever changing, contradictory process systems. 10% of your time is spent actually working. It was incredibly frustrating.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 13, 2018
This was a temp position through an agency. This job did not last long and there were no permanent openings for employment at the time. This was a nice place to work with a great supervisor.
23+ years and it's only gotten worse
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2018
I started when it was a Midwest mortgage company known as Norwest. When there was the merger of equals back in the early 2000's there was a definite shift in the culture of the company. Up until around 2015 I was happy to work for the company. There were elements that occurred that were likely true across any large corporation, less than admirable wage increases. Constant "record profits" that never made it's way down the chain. Reduction in the quality of benefits vs. the cost. Those were frustrating but seen as a cost to do business and stay employed.

What has really soured my opinion of the company is how there has been scandal after scandal. Illegal account opening, improper rate lock extension, issues with HARP applications, the list goes on. As an employee with a high level of integrity I find it abysmal that more people at senior leadership levels were not relieved of their duties. There were token firings of people with golden parachutes and release of people participating in the improprieties, but many people who's job it is to oversee that these types of things do not occur kept their jobs.

The fresh start was naming a CEO who has been part of the system for 20+ years. The technology is a constant battle to be brought to current times. The only reason I am still with the company is the way better than average salary, work/life flexibility and immediate manager's vision and capability. I have little or no faith in the executive leadership as it stands right now.
Pros
Pay, vacation, 401k
Cons
Executive management, ability to maintain trust of employees, inability to drive true technological change that has a positive impact.
great place to work
OPERATIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2018
working in the cash vault was one of the best jobs I had you learn a lot and you everyone there was great to work with . I would go back now if I needed to.
Wells Fargo.
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
It's ok. Your typical bank job. There are no real bells and whistles. There are good days and bad ones. There are a lot of changes happening right now that make working here very uncertain.
N/a
Financial Crimes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
Really enjoyed being a teammate at Wachovia/ Wells Fargo. Great opportunity in helping customers plan and achieve financial priorities through the wide range of products and services
Politics
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
They all play politics with management and no matter how hard you may bust your tail, you cant move up without an act of God. As soon as someone who's in the clique doesn't like someone, its only a matter of time before they're out.
Fun Workplace
Fiduciary Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
Typical day began with reviewing e-mails. Learned different types of financial systems. Management was very hands on. Workplace culture was relax. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the traffic in getting to work
Pros
career development opportunities
Cons
department relocation
Teller
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WADecember 13, 2018
Wasn't a great place to work.

Wasn't given breaks, sometimes skipped lunch.

Too may politics with opportunity and advancement.

Hardest part is the ignoring the negativity and drama.
I kinda miss them...
Business Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2018
I'll say it now and I'll say it again...Wells Fargo treated their employees great, They really set the bar for leadership/management expectations I had going forward. I attribute Wells to launching my career.
Pros
Great managers, awesome co-workers, generous PTO/TIme off
Cons
Kinda need to know someone to get ahead...or leave and come back
stressful but fun
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, caDecember 12, 2018
constantly have to learn new rules, heavily regulated, nice teamwork but sometimes competitive because at the end of a day you are only a number, nothing else
Do not recommend
Loan Document Specialist 4 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 12, 2018
I've had several positions at Wells Fargo and they've always been based on numbers and more concerned with that than the employee and customer. Some departments might be okay, but I was not that lucky.
Very Professional Organization
Business Systems Analyst and TOG Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2018
As with most banking jobs, one's manager's visibility and stature has a huge impact on an employee's view, I've been lucky to have great managers; consequently my opinion is "great place to work" for a bank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.

Powered by Comparably