Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 35,573 reviews matching the search See all 36,525 reviews
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 25, 2019
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2019
Great company to work for based on pay/benefits and other employees who can become like family, just lack of caring management. I believe a involved and caring LEADER encourages others to do better and takes employee concerns with extreme seriousness.
It had its ups and downs
Teller (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 13, 2019
I worked there for almost 3 years and I felt like I was stuck I stayed a 20 hour teller when I wanted to be promoted. I did have issues with management. Between managers they had lack of communication and they would make things personal other than professional. Working hours were great but my dilemma was I needed more hours. I was a very good worker but I felt my work went unnoticed
Productive Team
Teller (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CANovember 13, 2019
This experience overall was a great time. Management always made an effort to plan my future within the company and as long as you came ready to achieve your goals, they were ready to promote.
Love the work but management
Financial Crimes Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2019
Love the work but management in my area needs to be trained and not think outside the box. Also in my are management likes to micromanage. Although I have been here for a long time it is almost impossible to be promoted or advance with the company. They expect you to be apart of different groups and activities but no recognitions or support for management or Sr. Management.
Pros
PTO amount of days
Cons
Unwilling to promote tenured associates
Vice President/Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2019
Upward mobility is nil in the retail market unless you're one of the "Good Old Boys". Issues with mid management are ignored by HR and upper management.
Na
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2019
Wells Fargo is a great company if your just looking to get your foot into the banking industry. Lots of opportunities but it depends on who you know...
Productive, Stable and posibility of growth
Senior DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 13, 2019
It was a pleasure to work there under the write management. Unfortunately my 1st manager didn't have Mortgage experience, just general management duties. 2nd Manager was a micro manager that disrupts constantly. Several bonus structures which makes additional income available and consistent.
Good
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2019
More than 17 years of experience in planning, developing and implementing IT Technology and Infrastructure solutions.Actively looking for Sr Program/Project Manager jobs
Company going through a needed but very harsh cultural change
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2019
Wells Fargo was the most aggressive sales culture in the banking industry. It was very fast paced and because of that the turn over was over 50% in most retail job families. All banker roles are under qualified as they are taken from the teller line based on ability to push product not on how they can provide financial advice or educational qualifications. They are trying to change
"CULTURE OF CARE" by punishing all those ttththassssurvicsurvived the evil culture
Decent job!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 13, 2019
The pay is decent I worked 40+ hrs 9:30-6ish (sometimes 7pm), and my paycheck averaged around $1100 every two weeks. Management is decent and coworkers were all nice. Sometimes customers can be extremely rude if you’re not bilingual. Overall it was a nice experience working there.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2019
• Verify accuracy by following set guidelines and procedures assigned by the corporation.
• Maintain integrity, explain and provide excellent customer service with each customer encounter, while addressing their financial needs.
• Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts.
Trainees were a delight to teach and work with.
CORPORATE UNDERWRITING FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2019
I began as a mortgage underwriter and advanced quickly to a facilitator. The typical day was a 12-hour day, working 6 hours on Saturdays. Training new underwriters on all programs and what to look for particularly when doing loan modifications.
Working for Wells
Consumer Loan Underwriter III (SAFE Act Registered) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2019
Great company excellent benefits. Management can sometimes need additional training as well as sensitivity to the nature of their employees. Room for growth and advancement.
Unethical
Service (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 12, 2019
The ethics issues that this company had with their customers in 2017, basically just shifted to be unethical toward their team members. Will advance quickly as long as you kiss butt.
Fun workplace
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Atwater, CANovember 12, 2019
The workplace was very comfortable and management was great. I never had a problem with management or coworkers everyone got along nicely. Everyday tasks are simple and pleasing.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 12, 2019
It was very stressful to work for the Wells Fargo. I was not happy as an employee. The push to sell was overwhelming and stressful. Some questions were left unanswered. Training was lengthy and not managed very well.
Great culture, promotes hardwork
Wealth Private Banker, AVP (Relationship Manager) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2019
Overall a great company, promotes from within, plenty of opportunity in the retail and operations channels; however, limited opportunity in the private bank, especially for minorities. I left when the sales pressure was at its height in 2015.
Compensation, community, recognition
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2019
They pay was decent for me since I have another income from my spouse, but could improve. They are big on community events and team member recognition. My manager and team were great and very supportive and helpful.
Ok place to work.
Phone Banker 1 & 2 (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 12, 2019
Would somewhat recommend. It is a stressful job. Management just depends on what sup you end up with, some are great and the others aren't too great./
Toxic environment avoid like the plague
Registered Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 12, 2019
Wells Fargo Advisors was the office I had the misfortune of working in. Truly toxic but if someone "raised their hand" there was retaliation. Never again will I work for wells fargo advisors. Anybody smart should steer clear

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

511.8K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.

Powered by Comparably