Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 31,243 reviews matching the search See all 32,055 reviews
Chews up people
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 22, 2019
Inconsistent management, lack of follow-up training. Management disrespect. Can't depend on them to keep your job in this area. Not good for people with disabilities or needing unplanned access to bathrooms. Saturdays/Sundays and evenings required.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Working weekends and days off, not enough mentoring
Workplace Culture
Person Banker (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCFebruary 22, 2019
Wells Fargo workplace culture has greatly improved. It is a fast paced workplace, but rewarding. The management I was under needed more training to be an effective manager. I would go back to working for Wells Fargo if the opportunity presented itself.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Goals
Lack of communication
Consumer Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78251February 22, 2019
There was a restructure in place. Other departments knew about it. However, when I was offered another job I was talked into staying only to have a restructure a month later. My manage said she didn't know anything about it which I find very hard to believe when mangers in other departments were asking me to post to another department.
Pros
good benefits
Work was great due to co-workers and supervisors.
Consumer Phone Banker II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 22, 2019
Everything was great from the interview to joining my team where I exceeded expectations. Time off the phones to help others became a daily. I did not apply for any other jobs within the company, I was happy where I was. I took it really hard they shut the building down.
Pros
Great everything.
Cons
No Christmas party. 😂
productive
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2019
Great company, great culture although I sent a short time period. We usually started with a meeting and sharing some news or branch goals. Aggressive sales goals.
Opportunities
LAN Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2019
Well Fargo created opportunities to travel to destinations that I would not have otherwise been able to do. I was awarded a top honor which brought me to San Diego CA. I was also able to apply my technical skills on a daily basis not allowing my skills to grow stagnant.
Great advancement opportunities
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103February 22, 2019
It is a great place to work at. Have been there 27 years. I worked with well seasoned people on my team and always felt confident that we were there to support each other
No a great place to work
Teller- CSSR- Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJFebruary 22, 2019
Sales goals were unrealistic, forced to work late to make sales calls. management would push employees to sell products to customers that would not help them.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 22, 2019
Overall, I liked working at Wells Fargo. If they paid better at the time and gave more hours, I would still be working there. I really liked when they changed the atmosphere from a sales atmosphere to a customer service atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work
Team Lead-Foreclosure (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2019
Great place to work, team environment, true to culture, tools are provided to do the best possible job, paid voluntary work, flexible work schedules, onsite gym facility
highly political workplace and flawed businesses goals/objectives
Loan Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2019
I spent 13 years with Wells Fargo, 7 in management. While I met many great people and colleagues over those years I felt that advancement was highly dependent on politics and not performance. Upper management was not concerned with development of its employees and front line leaders. They were more concerned with fixing it's poor public image and profits.
Wells Fargo
QA Analyst 4 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2019
Worked as a full time employee for 4 years . It is a great Company to work for!
I worked with the project management team to improve the project management process, focusing on prioritizing projects based on business need, cost and benefit. I also worked closely with Quality Assurance to ensure priority based testing.
work life balance bad lower management
Senior Technology manager of engineering, Payments (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Work life balance is good but bad management. Management has groupism, only folks who lick boots becomes promoted. Compensation is not good. base salary does not event increase with inflation.
terrible work place
Collector I (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2019
You only got advancement and raises if you were a single mother or some other race than white. Management listened to your concerns but blew you off and always canceled meetings unless it was to tell you that you broke ethical standards after management told you too. Wells Fargo is not an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Cons
everything
Well paid place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 21, 2019
It's a good place to work and I enjoyed who I worked with except for one manager who felt the need to babysit everything I do. I hate being micromanaged and could feel them breathing down my neck.
I enjoyed most my customers, but I had a couple of people a month yell at me for fees, or threaten to close accounts because I couldn't look up people by name, I needed account numbers.
I disliked standing all day for my shifts, only bankers and managers had chairs.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Standing all day and occasionally getting yelled at
Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
I was only there a short time but everyone was very helpful and nice. The environment was very pleasant and relaxed. I wish it was a permanent position.
Excellent Systems and Resources
Business Banking Associate II (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 21, 2019
I held a number of positions at Wells Fargo, it was a fun, fast-paced place to work. Great team members. The systems, processes and resources for employees at Wells Fargo are vast.
Great Benefits
Retirement Educator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2019
Great benefits package, fair compensation, great culture, inclusive and diverse. Just rate it a 4 because of some of the gossipy people that will get you down but that might be everywhere.
Benefits
Cons
Some insecure gossipy people
Great for contractors
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2019
Great place to work for contractors. Only drawback was that the company will not keep a contractor for more than 18 months. Once they have left, they cannot return for at least 6 months.
Cons
18 month hard stop for contractors
Good work environment
LEAD TELLER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2019
I have been working for wells fargo for about 4 years now and the reason I have to leave this job is because I relocated and unfortunately wells fargo is probably the only company (that I know of) that does not honor transfers for its employees. Apparently I have to have a medical condition to be accommodated close to home. Annual raises are peanuts. Bonuses are peanuts. I am a lead teller with supervisory responsibilities and a banker makes more money than I do. Very unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss