Wells Fargo

Found 41,495 reviews matching the searchSee all 42,681 reviews
bankingtellerbankbankerwachoviawfbranchmortgage

Great company

Featured review

Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company. They promote within. You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.

Micro management

Heavy turnover rate. I worked during the holidays and no breaks were given because we were short staffed. Never even offered us any pizza. Management is awful or at least at the one I was at.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Wells Fargo insights

Based on 11,750 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

This was a great place to work I had a lot of fun. This company really changed my skills and gave me a great place to be outside of home. I wanted to move forward with the company but at the time there wasn’t anywhere else in the company to go.

great place to work

very up to date systems. alot of info but the training is good and your managers should give support. dont work anywhere else really.i loved wells fargo. i left bc i really needed a full time job and at the time there wasnt any available in our district . but they pay well and dont require selling. just customer service.

Typical Banking

Entry level job to get into the financial industry. Pay is horrible but the customers can make or break your day. The training is top notch. I had a great manager that cared about my career development.

It all depends on which department your in & your manager

Wells Fargo is a great company to work for. It is one of the most known banks in the nation. That being said your experience at Wells Fargo can be very different depending on which department you are in or who your direct manager is. Opportunities are within the company, although it's really up to the individual on how far they are willing to take it.

Great Work Environment

I enjoyed my time at Wells. The company as a whole was a great place to work and very inclusive. They make you feel valued and important as a team member.

So and so

Lack of management, poor leadership, not fully-trained employees, and wait till employees makes errors and will let them know this how it should be done the right way.

Everyday Banking Needs for High Profiled Customers

Account management for high profiled customers involving check order, account upgrade, balances, transfers, online navigation, etc. Sometimes entitled customers, but overall easier to deal with. Lower call volume

Too much confusion on the company vision

Managers are being trained to move forward from the scandal of 2017 with a new vision on the way they do business. The employees however are still using the scandal to avoid doing work and are not held accountable for their actions. HR is unaware of the new sales practices and encouraing employees to "raise your hand". This gives lazy employees a platform to create constant chaos. Managers are stuck in the middle of all of this with little help from upper management.

Great benefits but Ever changing culture

When I started Wells 10 years ago the culture was centered around customer satisfaction and team member satisfaction. They cared about your opinion. Although sales was a big driver each day, Wells did a lot to keep team members happy. Benefits are great, they even give 16 weeks maternity/paternity leave, 2 volunteer days, and personal holidays. Because of all the legal trouble Wells is constantly finding ways to appease the regulators but the employees just feel pulled because once you get used to one policy, it changes again. They call it customers first but I just feel the changes are geared towards taking services online. Ultimately they want customers to complete services online themselves and scheduling appointments geared towards growth.

One of the most toxic places I’ve ever worked for

Do not bother, especially if it’s a call center position. Management only considers you as a body in a chair. Even how much time you take in the bathroom are timed.

Pretty well ran

I work for auto until dems killed commission by attacking WF publically. For some reason WF gets picked on by US regulators. Good place with benefits

It’s good for students

Company is good but the management is horrible. District managers come in the branch like a cyclone for few minutes yelling then they leave. Upper management is so horrible that you feel scared to go to work. The managers in the branch can come in late or take time off anytime they want but if an employee comes in late seems like the world is about to end. Asking for time off is crazy it’s never approved on time or without an excuse.

Very hard to work for Wellsfargo. They do not care about there customers or employees needs

The upper Management is not there for the employees at all. There is never enough staff. I would never recommend getting a job at Wellsfargo. They not care about there customers needs and wants.

Productive and fun environment to work in

I have worked for Wells Fargo company for almost 10 years. The last two years I was a Mortgage loan processor and before that I was a Senior Credit Card Customer Care Specialist Banker Coach. I trained new incoming staff as well as preformed my own duties. I was able to grow and promote within the company. Unfortunately with the market rate my department in the mortgage industry was laid off.

Customer Service

You gone be Kunta Kente to the phone and managers gone ride you like a horse. You'd be goofy to work here under any circumstance unlesss you're homeless

Great company , great benefits but very poor management.

Very good competitive pay great benefits but unfortunately the management team needs more training on their own skills and able to help their peers with their roles .

Not a bad place to work

Benefits are excellent. Pay is okay. They try hard to keep employees happy, a little too hard sometimes. Some of the bad reviews are people who don't like working Saturdays!

You do the job

Basically the best way to succeed is to study and really pay attention to the training. Other than that, taking the time with each customer to make sure you do everything correctly.

Great stepping stone when trying to enter Home Mortgage

I really appreciated my time at Wells Fargo, mostly due to the amazing people I worked along side. The company on the other hand is focused on their bottom dollar, what’s best for the business rather than the employee while not realizing they’re both directly connected. If you value a work life balance and want to appreciate the work you do each day I would say find another path, if you have experience in mortgage processing you need not apply. This position is treated as an entry level position at Wells Fargo and as such your compensation will be low. If you’re looking to enter the industry and want to learn it’s a great place to start but it will be a grind and taxing on your mental health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Wells Fargo with

Wells Fargo reviews by popular job title

• Wells Fargo