Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in Toms River, NJ

Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Great benefits and opportunities to move up.
Overall working for Wells Fargo was a great job which could easily blossom into a full time career. Although I was only part time, I managed to get a very competitive amount of hours and also great benefits. There is absolutely room to grow in the company which is always important for someone looking for a career. For myself, banking just was not right for me but I am confident many individuals out there could really excel in this work environment.
A lot of changes going on. Some positive and some not.
The overall culture sought after is the employee feels valued, the customer experience is the refocus, and Diversity with Inclusiveness is the mantra among the employees.
Great learning experience
The days consisted of helping customer to achieve their financial needs through customer needs analysis. I learned a lot about products and services to help meet he needs of our customers. The management style was of a coaching nature to help staff to get better. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you are providing a superior customer experience from beginning to end. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the face to face customer interactions and that you are helping them with all their financial concerns.
Pros
training, management
teller
Bank Teller dealing with cash and customers. Had to balance draw every day after bank closed. I was not comfortable in this role and I resigned after working for 1 year.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Well run
Good leadership, respect for employees. Provides resources for employees to help facilitate success. Goals are clearly established and communicated to all
Pros
Support
Do not go
Terrible to work for. I will not mention my DMs name, but she was just a horrible person to work for. The constant threats of losing your job and call nights. There was no family balance
Teller manager loved this job
We would start out with morning huddles to go over what products we would focus on for the day. I looked over the teller line with any questions, cash draws, audits, product knowledge, and would ask them questions through out the day.
Mid day I would ask how they were doing with their goals for the day. If anyone needed help we all chipped in as a team. This job was so much fun and I really wished I didn't leave.
Productive office atmosphere
It was very structured and educated me a lot about the accounting field. Management was great, most co-workers didn't interact, but I loved it anyway because you were challenged often.
A place where you write your own script
Many times in life we see people falling short, not getting what they want out of their career. Wells Fargo offers a place where you can start your banking experience as a teller and one day be the area president. Now this doesn't happen overnight but with Wells Fargo's strong career pathing and a strong will to succeed the ability to grow is there.

With a focus to help every customer succeed financially its a win-win for you to achieve your goals if you align your success to that of your customer.
Pros
Great banking brand to work for
Cons
Daily Pressure to achieve sales goals
Room for Advancement but management is misguided
Company has a great reputation for being conservative and making smart financial decisions. However, the training program given to new bankers and managers does not align with how the company chooses to do business. Upper management pressures lower management and staff to meet overly-aggressive sales goals without regard to clients' real needs. The numbers are definitely the most important thing to Wells Fargo and work/life balance and promoting an ethical culture is secondary.
Pros
room for advancement and compensation is above average for industry
Cons
overly-aggressive goals, high-pressure environment, no fun company events
not happy there
Not very customer friendly. I feel that it is hard to retain customers as well as employees. I would like to work for a more customer friendly bank as a Lead teller.
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
expectations too high.
Tough Company to work for
It was hard to enjoy working for this company. Don't seem to care about personnel or customers. Very driven by sales
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.
12.4K
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight