Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 1,540 reviews matching the search See all 32,028 reviews
Terrible culture
Online sales & customer service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 20, 2019
Won't bank with them won't work for them and won't emdirse them at all. Every goal would change as soon as it was met making it impossible to bonus unless you unethically cheated by opening accounts without the customera permission
Pros
Higher pay than most centers
Cons
Horrible management
This was a stress ful position.
Customer Service Rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 13, 2019
My job at Wells Fargo was a full time. All provider assistants were monitored by "Blue Pumpkin". All provider assistants were audited daily, sometimes by other employees who were. in my opinion not qualified to audit. Breaks & lunches were monitored to the 100th of a second with strict guidelines on when they were to start and end.. Starting times were not always attainable, as you may be on a call with a provider at the time. This job was quite stressful.
Pros
a paycheck every two weeks
Cons
stress
Great coworkers with great training for job role
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 9, 2019
A typical day as a customer service rep for wells was on the phone constantly until you were promoted to where you were able to work on harder tasks like taxes and escrow. The public sentiment on wells was extremely negative when I worked there and answering 70 phone calls a day from people that dont like you caused many coworkers to burn out quickly.
Pros
Company cared about you
Cons
Burnout
Relaxed Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative 1-3 (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 9, 2019
I would recommend working for Wells Fargo because they do have alot of core values that are important in the corporate world. They regard family time just as important as work time.
Good pay, Stressful job
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALFebruary 7, 2019
The pay is good starting off as well as with raises/benefits. The major downfall of this job is the amount of time you spend on the phone taking calls from either very rude and upset customers who don't let you solve their problem in a timely manner and you get in trouble for it, or you get slow callers who want to spend all day on a subject or for the life of them do not know how their smart phone, computer or anything works and you have to be here step by step to help them but you also get in trouble for that. Stressful job, not worth the awesome benefits. FACT: over HALF of the staff at the call center location i worked in last year was on medical leave for their mental health. This company made me change my career path to avoid big corporate jobs in the future. Not worth it. The embodiment of "If you were to die today your job would have a replacement for you by tomorrow."
A Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 5, 2019
This job is for someone who is ready to advance and fight for a spot to have a career. It is extremely competitive and about who you know, not what you know. If you are cool with a manager, you will advance quite fast in this environment. The work itself is very tedious and boring.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2019
I was part-time and filled in for Tellers on vacation and sometimes for Tellers who called in sick, when I was available. I enjoyed the job, but did not view being a teller as a career, just a steping stone to a career.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Some customers were never happy
Poor company culture
Trading/Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2019
They will work you like a dog and managers/supervisors will stab you in the back so that they look better to their managers.

They will count EVERY SECOND you are on a call with a customer.
Pros
They have such a bad public reputation, so they will hire anyone. My advice is to get your paid license training, get your securities licenses and get out.
Cons
low pay, bad management, promotions depend upon how friendly you are with your manager
day to day
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Typical work day was very mellow and constant. As the day progressed you become more busy with merchants and day to day customer inquiries. The management team was always around to help in anything we needed.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 30, 2019
It is a great place to work. With all of the changes that are being made the company will be around for a very long time. I'm just looking for something more in my field, but overall was very satisfied with the company.
Customer service driven
Underwriter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2019
Job very demanding in turn around. I was paid salary so any work done after hours was not compensated in the mortgage area. The benefits at this job were very reasonable and the hardest part of the job was the turn around on the mortgage packages during the refi boom. Co-workers and management were always a pleasure to work with in every department I encountered.
typical day
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eagle Grove, IAJanuary 24, 2019
Teller and customer service duties in the bank. I enjoyed meeting my customers and making sure their needs were met. They also are very friendly with days you need to take off for your daily life balance as well.
You're just a number at this morally corrupt company
High Value Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 24, 2019
Wells Fargo is morally corrupt. I had to perform duties that crushed my soul. For example, I had to tell an 80+ year old woman, "didn't you plan for this?", after her husband died and she could no longer afford their mortgage payments.
Pros
They have a nice cafeteria
Cons
Selling your soul to the devil
Great Company
Customer Service Representative/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Great company to work for, especially for young adults who want to make more than minimum wage and are looking for a career. Great teamworking and people friendly enviroment.
Overall Experience
Service for Others Representative (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Working in a call center environment dealing with inbound and outbound calls constantly. you have to have a skin and skill to handle how people may treat you over the phone. You need to have to be able to handle situations you normally wouldn't have over the phone. You're handling calls regarding people's homes and livelihood. You're expected to collect and make arrangements for collection all while reviewing and noting the account for any changes or broken payments prior. Fast paced and at times extremely stressful, the job is not for the soft at heart.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Stressful
Flexible/fast paced work environment
RETIREMENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 21, 2019
The typical work day starts when your selected shift bid occurs. These shift bids are based on your work performance and decided your schedule each quarter. Early outs and late arrivals are acceptable if the work pace allows for it. Benefits are good and begin within one month of your start date.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shifts vary
great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Wells Fargo Call Centers is a great place to work and grow in Customer Service , the training provided, work area is awesome and also the team members.
fast paced and positive enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 20, 2019
working at wells is fun and very fast paced.Everyone there wants to help you achieve your goals and grow with the company.goal is to help the customer
Pros
excitng and fun meeting and learning events
Cons
constent stress
Not the best place to work
Mortgage Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I learned alot of how a typical mortgage process works and how to assist customers in the area of payoffs, escrow and all other areas of customer service.

The most enjoyable part was the daily interaction with my peers

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent demands of upper management.
Pros
Employee Engagement Liason comes up with great activities to promote a fun work environment
Cons
Operation Managers and Directors are extremely cut throat and show favoritism.
Great work environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Loved working for Wells Fargo, gave me a great introduction to being caughtious with money and obeying strict guidlines. I would recommend Wells Fargo to anyone looking for a start job that has comproensive training for all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.5K

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight