Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 1,495 reviews matching the search See all 30,328 reviews
Diversity
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 17, 2018
the good thing from this employer was the diversity they had. it was great! I always felt that I was able to be myself around others who I would be working with.
Pros
great place to meet people
Cons
changes happen almost daily.
N/a
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 15, 2018
The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees.
The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless!
Productive and fun workplace
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 14, 2018
It was nice working their management sucks though. The environment is nice, the pay is good, the food is sometimes good, you learn a lot. Training can start off overwhelming but it all gets better and great opportunities to move up as well.
Pros
The Pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 13, 2018
I loved working at Wells Fargo, fun environment. Wells Fargo takes good care of their employee's. Great benefits and also really good pay. Managers need more training before becoming a manager.
No Comment
New accounts/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CANovember 12, 2018
I didn't work for this company very long. There was no structure and breaks were not consistent. There was no room for advancement and the management was very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 11, 2018
Great company however based upon the job requirements, the training is should have been more inter-active focused on system procedures & processes, Apply the knowledge with hands on.
Pros
Wealth of advancement.
Cons
Salary & lunch breaks.
Wage slavery
Retirement Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 9, 2018
They provide lots of training at the beginning to get you started. Thereafter, you are chained to your computer and telephone headset. Every minute of your time at the computer is recorded and calculated. Spending any time away from your desk outside your assigned lunch and breaks is forbidden. Consequently, there is no community or collaborative interaction. Your "stats" are the measure of your worth, and the unknown middle manager you never see can let you go when your stats are a little off. Getting time off is nearly impossible. If you want to know what wage slavery looks like, this place is for you!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, poor compensation
I wish to work for them sometime in the future
Customer Service Representative (Phone Banker) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 8, 2018
It was and will be one of the best career I have tried. Management was perfect. They catered to their coaching and adapted to each and every employee they had. It was never a 1 size fit all.
Productive work environment that requires alot of attention to detail and a great work ethic
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work is busy, I would learn a new task or a new way to deal with a situation, management is understanding and caring when you prove to them that you are reliable and dedicated, I feel like myself when working there, I feel comfortable enough to be myself around others, that hardest part of my job is keeping a sense of urgency while also catering to financial needs of customers and not making the customer feel rushed but also not being overwhelmed during a busy day and trying to manage wait time and perception, the best part of my job is knowing what is expected of me every single day I walk in , being able to find answers to my questions, and knowing that I can make someone's life easier or better financially.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, you work indoors, nice attire, discounts, fair hours
Cons
high turnovers, policies are constantly changing, not as stable when dealing with the money piece, different ways of doing things depending on location, not enough full time positions, branches are still in process of closing
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 2, 2018
There is a time limit on calls in the call center, listen to the customer and note the file. Handle the request in a timely manner AND sell a product and ask for a survey. Not possible without rushing or interrupting the customer. Escalated calls went to team leads then managers. Management is all about what you did and what you could have done better. Management needs to pick up their phone when a call is escalated to them. My supervisor always let his go to voicemail and never called the customer back. Team meetings were team building, rewards for handle time, high scores on quality and customer surveys and sales.
Pros
Positive feedback from team
Cons
Management was terrible.
Ok place to work
Online Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2018
Ok place to work if you like lying to people. Lots of stressful times, pushing mandatory sales. It was a bit relaxed sometimes, but that would just depend on the day.
Company is more concerned with their public image than that of their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 1, 2018
I worked for the company for many years. They have a high turnover rate, high layoff rate and are concerned with moving operations overseas to cut back on spending here in the United States. Since starting with the company, it has had mass layoffs and workplace stability is always a concern. You never know when your last day may be. The employee incentives have decreased significantly over the years. Advancement is always available but if there is a layoff, there is no option for internal replacement elsewhere in the company. The largest bank in the United States but greed has taken over the once wholesome family oriented company culture.
Pros
Depending on the department, the managers were about team morale, free parking, cafe on site
Cons
Micro-management, very little time for breaks, management had power trip issues, incentive programs were eliminated
The management and coworkers were fantastic.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 31, 2018
The Calls were rather fast paced, though most of them were very intense and not the most friendly. The opportunity for advancement was certainly something i was looking forward too had i not returned to college
Enjoyable workplace with very nice and helpful employees.
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 29, 2018
I greeted customers, processed check payments, made appointments for the brokers. Most of my day was answering phones and directing calls to the brokers in the office. Management was very nice. My most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers and the brokers I assisted. I did not find anything hard about this job.
Pros
Very enjoyable workplace
Cons
No cons
Csr
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2018
learn home mortgage products. work with many different personalities, mortgage process changes consistently, worked with many vendors, attend to customers and agents, daily and weekly reports, able to meet deadlines, understand home loan process, assist with appraisals, and title work.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
pay raise or low
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 29, 2018
Good company to work for. Pay was good compared to the work i was completing. Management was fare and understanding to their employees. Workplace culture was fare.
Typical call center Job
Business online Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2018
Overall my experience was ok. I worked hard and performed my daily responsibilities. I was promoted within 3 months but ultimately wanted to pursue other career opportunities and expand my overall knowledge and skill set within the financial industry. I did not think the performance evaluation guidelines were relative to the daily responsibilities and production standards within my position.
Pros
Great Facility and accommodations
Cons
No clear career path for advancement opportunities and low compensation.
Positive Work Environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company and if I didn't have to relocate I would have stayed. Hours were flexible, my coworkers were positive and always pleasant to be around.
great place to work with
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2018
Great Company to work for. Great benefits and co-workers are friendly to work with. Wells Fargo will work around your schedule, very flexible when it comes to the schedule.
Pros
great benefits/
A learning experience
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 28, 2018
Many products to offer to customers. Just like any other job it has its highs and lows. All branches in area work together to service customers. Variety of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

59.9K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss