Wells Fargo

Engineer20 reviews
United States20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 44,965 reviews
bankingtellerbankbankerwachoviawfbranchmortgage

Good pay but very high stress

The job was satisfying, the people were caring except for the HR rep having the guts to say that the stroked i had were my fault, without understanding true work stress environments. And after leaving the company i truly believe I was put on a do not hire list.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Extreme stress form management no matter how much better things were made.

Horrible first job, limited growth.

Benefits are great, but the business and engineering decisions being made by management is just… dumb..You learn basics here but after 1 year do your best to leave for better pay and better culture of engineering.

Wells Fargo insights

Based on 13,191 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Great pay and benefits

Company culture has changed since the new CEO came on board. We are lacking positivity and employee engagement. Leaders are not sharing information and there isn’t much room for growth

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lacking employee support

Supportive work environment

Was given clear procedure to follow for work effort and access to supervision for areas that were not consistent with the steps originally outlined for success.

Pros

Management support

Cons

Flexible workplace with good compensation

I've been working there for over 25 years. The bank has gone through a multitude of changes. From a California bank to nationwide. Overall it is a good place to work.

Pros

Company Match 401k. PTO. Flexible when you work from home.

Cons

Not much. Kind of hit or miss with direct management.

I feel comfortable working at Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo is a huge environment. People there are very nice. The customer service is the best. I never had problem with anyone. When you do your job, you are good and everyone is satisfied.

Pro's and Con's of working at Wells Fargo

Pro's Being a Bank it is a stable company and security compliance are strictly adhered to which is a good thing about Wells Fargo. Con's Takes longer than usual to get anything done as it has to go through multiple layers of approvals

Wells Fargo

I have enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo. I have been empowered by management to create new and efficient ways to do my job. It is rewarding and satisfying to be given the freedom to make changes.

Vast Bureaucracy with Changing/Conflicting Work Requirements

I was hired on to contribute to chatbot development. A decision had been made prior to my employment to move from a Java-based NLP/ML platform to Python. Upon starting my position, I began reviewing both the Java and Python code to get a sense of where things stood. My manager dissuaded me from spending time on the Java code over the Python code, as I had been hired primarily to work in Python for NLP. As my Java experience was much more limited than my Python experience, I was fine with this directive. However, it turned out much later that I needed to basically translate the Java code into Python, and, per that initial directive, was far behind the curve on the Java side (I hadn't even been allowed to set up the Java environment properly to run the Java code). My impression was that my manager had not anticipated this development, which seemed quite predictable, although I'll admit I didn't push it. On the Python side, the codebase was very exploratory, with just a few notebooks developed. Furthermore, I had spent a lot of time curating the data because I found that too much of it was appearing in both training and test/validation sets. Anyway, my contract expired after 6 months, and I was happy to move on.

Ok place to work

My management chain would not hire someone to help me in my role. Being the only person that does my job is very stressful, which has caused me to have 2 mini strokes.

Pros

Na

Cons

Specific management issues

Jobs at Wells Fargo

Engineer positions
See more jobs

productive and collaborative workspace

Migrating to an agile environment in a high risk banking application is never easy but it was an exciting and challenging assignment. Cross Collaboration across multiple continents and SOA technology stack made it more exciting.

No human dignity

There is literally nothing that I can recommend. Dishonesty, plagiarism, incompetence and poor quality of work is rampant. People are rude, insecure, angry.

Good Management

I will working in wells fargo. Too much work burden is not there. Good Learning experience with my current Job. Looking forward to continue with this Job.

Terrible place to work

The only people WF hates more than its' customers, are its' employees. There is no room for advancement. No legitimate training is offered, or allowed. The Internal Ethics committee will report all issues brought up to discipline anyone reporting ethical issues. See Congressional hearings for more details and references.

Pros

Flex schedules, and Telecommute

Cons

Everything else

Good place to work Good co-workers Enjoyable work and stressful at times Management is good and supportive Good opportunity for growth Learned new technologies in web systems engineering

solid company

IT was structured and logical. Management was well directed and the staff had clear direction. Clear career paths were outlined. Objectives we attainable. Compensation was ok.

Unexciting, bureaucratic and political

Unexciting, bureaucratic and political place to work. A lot of work could be easily eliminated but people hang on to their jobs.

Experience in WebLogic Administration under heterogeneous environment consisting of SUN Solaris 8.0/ 10.0, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x,

Experience in configuring and administrating JTA, JNDI, SNMP and Node Manager to administer the managed servers from admin console in WebLogic Application Server.

Encoding financial documents

The encoding area at Wachovia was my introduction to banking and gave me a great amount of knowledge that I was able to build upon.

Always glad to working with professionals like my network team.

meetings with team members. network monitoring. new server implementation, storage provisioning.cisco UCS in more detailed configuration steps. various storage technologies. cisco MDS fiber channel switch configs as well as cisco Nexus series switches network and storage configuration.my coworkers very skillful and smart people.most hardest part of the job is storage provisioning.I excited about network technologies in overall every minute on the job enjoyable.

Engineer at Wells Fargo

Estimated salary
$92,456 per year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.
Powered byComparably

Compare Wells Fargo with

Career recommendations for Engineer

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Financial Services