Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Lead Teller

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search See all 32,569 reviews
Good job
Teller/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2019
Pros: Good starting pay, off holidays, good paid time off, sick days, 401k, team account, overall great benefits, I had a great management team

Cons: stay in the news so customers complain alot about whats going on even though you cannot do anything about it, lots of fraudulent activity you have to be mindful of and pay very close attention to everything being a teller or banker, alot of changes with the company constantly
The most disorganized place I've ever worked
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 19, 2019
The company has moved from sales goals to creating lifelong friendships with customers in order to try to salvage their reputation. You no longer have to meet sales goals, but are now required to meet goals based on how many meaningful conversations you had or if you had a financial conversation that could lead to sitting with a banker in order to push a new service onto them. The higher that goal goes the more incentive the branch receives. They can word it differently, but it's still the same thing, now it's just more appealing to the customer. A typical day starts with morning huddles to practice having meaningful conversations and then having a few minutes left to try to get your opening tasks done and getting yourself organized for the day which just leads to falling behind first thing in the morning. Usually always short staffed. Your schedule will be changed last minute without your knowledge. Breaks and lunches are never given on time. or at all, as management doesn't pay attention. They claim to have an inclusive culture where you can be unique and genuine, but provide scripts of what to say to customers word for word to empathize with them or to try to push a new service onto them. Wells Fargo doesn't seem to know the difference between empathize and sympathize as they say NOT to sympathize yet they describe sympathizing when the topic of empathizing comes up. Lead tellers are often left with service manager's responsibilities while receiving a fraction of the pay. Management lets emotions get in the way of their role leading to retaliation when you bring up an issue  more... with them and of course favoritism. Wells Fargo systems are almost always having some sort of issue which makes processing transactions a pain. It's very easy to move up in the company with little knowledge or experience as management receives incentive for promoting people. The only upside to this company is the amount of PTO you receive.  less
Pros
Pto, benefits, paid volunteer hours.
Cons
Management, disorganized, forgotten breaks/lunches.
Fast paced
LEAD TELLER (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 17, 2019
Within my years working with Wells Fargo I've learnt that it was a day-to-day job, some days will consist of the same things and some days would be completely new. I loved it because it challenged me to step out of my comfort zone and learn new things.
Pros
Health Care
Stressful Evironmet
Lead Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2019
Management stands right behind you every minute of the day constantly telling you how to interact with customers. It makes the interaction unpleasant and sound scripted instead of having a genuine conversation. They will tell you to take your time but be the first ones to rush you. You never are doing anything correct there is ALWAYS something you can do better.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unorganized, favortism, poor management
Still Disappointed
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 16, 2019
This is the first and only job I have been terminated from. Let alone the most embarrassing experience ever. After 4 years, i am still affected by the termination. Overall the way i was treated at Wells Fargo and not treated with respect...it was disgusting to be honest. Let’s alone the regional manager was unresponsive to my concerns, the Loss Prevention Rep was poor at her job and the HR department didn’t do nothing for me.
good company to work
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2019
Working 40 hours a week with different background customers help me to expand my knowledge and customer service skills. I also have the opportunity to participate in a lot volunteer programs which I enjoy a lot.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no overtime
Depends on what you are looking for
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2019
Wells fargo overall is a great company. There are opportunities to advance but it depends on your management and how they are willing to give you the tools to help you advance. The pay is towards the low side of salary base but it could be enough for living, especially if you have someone else to help. It was a relaxed job that anyone could benefit from obtaining knowledge and experience from.
Great place with room for advancement
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2019
Wells Fargo is a great company to work with in terms of the benefits that they offer. The work culture varies by location and management. They are not very consistent in that aspect, you tend to see a lot of change and new faces.
Pros
Benefits, work culture
Cons
Short breaks, shortage of workers at times
Great Job, Fix Pay
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy working for WF. This has been the least stressful job I've had in years. As many knows, The hourly wage was raised to $15 in Feb 2018, However, WF failed to raise the wages for other employees who weren't making minimum wage. That is an ISSUE! Management plays favorite which makes advancement very hard. It should be based on experience and education. Paid time off is wonderful and they have wonderful medical benefits.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay, Raises, Advancement
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Lead Teller) (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 7, 2019
I loved the environment and people I worked with. The culture was very relaxed and communication was clear and concise. I enjoyed volunteering and meeting new customer.

Want to know more about Wells Fargo?

Ask a question
Professional and organized workplace
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 7, 2019
The overall experience I've had are a well managed workplace that takes care of its employees and does the best to keep them happy and productive. It is a very great place to work and gain experience and knowledge from.
Poorly Managed and very competative
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2019
The culture there is pushing sales. If you are a great salesman with no moral compass, you will do great in the company. Anyone with these great sales techniques will move high within the company so there are a lot of young, immature, managers that are very unprofessional. The managers take long lunch breaks and leave the lead tellers in charge of dealing with upset customers.
Cons
short lunches, long hours
work summary
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 5, 2019
Typical work day was pretty face paced

Learned- sending international money request and lots of interesting banking laws

Management was great

Work culture was good

Hardest part was sales goals

Best part- Cookies in the morning and popcorn on fridays
Pros
very short commute
Cons
sales quota
Mixed Review
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94122March 4, 2019
The culture among the team members was family oriented while maintaining professionalism. Management was barely sufficient at best. It felt like the there was no concern for professional growth and were consistent in implementing one on one conversations about growth. That being said. If you're interested in applying for this company be very transparent about how you want to grow within the company if that is your intention, otherwise it wouldn't be in your best interest to invest your efforts to.
Pros
great culture among team members
Cons
Management does not prioritize your professional growth
lead teller
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2019
It was a very nice place to work for management was great , co-works work together to accomplish goals, and very friendly and understanding when somebody had to leave for personal reason.
Too much pressure on Sales
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXFebruary 27, 2019
All banks are like this though. This was an obviously toxic company as proved by all of the national media attention, but again all banks are like this.
less than mediocre
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2019
schedule is not bad, benefits were great, however management was very poor. lack of communication between stores within same district. excellent learning opportunities provided from Wells Fargo.
Pros
training, benefits
Cons
quota, management
Good work environment
LEAD TELLER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2019
I have been working for wells fargo for about 4 years now and the reason I have to leave this job is because I relocated and unfortunately wells fargo is probably the only company (that I know of) that does not honor transfers for its employees. Apparently I have to have a medical condition to be accommodated close to home. Annual raises are peanuts. Bonuses are peanuts. I am a lead teller with supervisory responsibilities and a banker makes more money than I do. Very unfair.
Fast Paced Work Environment with Room To Grow
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Monument, CO 80132February 21, 2019
I enjoyed my job as a lead teller at Wells Fargo. I had a wonderful manager that I worked well with and she always made sure that our work environment was positive. There was always an opportunity to grow and improve.
I like working for Wells Fargo!
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2019
Great company to work for. Once they took away sales goals, we focus on what is right for our customer. I like it better that way because the company as a whole now has a general interest in what our customers need to succeed financially. The company has great pay, amazing benefits, and many different discounts on brands worldwide!
Pros
Paid Time off, health benefits
Cons
favoritism at certain locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.

Powered by Comparably