Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Found 2,029 reviews matching the search See all 29,184 reviews
Your coworkers are the best thing to look forward to
Bank Teller, Lead Teller, Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 24, 2018
When asked what I can do to better improve my ability to move up with the company I was told I should kiss peoples butt so I can have a better opertunity to move up.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
They are lairs and will discriminate against you
Strong mindset
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Dealing with other peoples finances can be challenging so I recommend going into it with a open and positive attitude or the "weight" of it will get to you.
Pros
free account, discounts, financial assistance
Cons
strict hours
personal banker and teller
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 23, 2018
Wells Fargo is honestly an amazing company to work for. Whether you are very driven or complacent, the company offers solid pay and great benefits even as a part-time employee. Your direct managers, however, can vastly affect your outlook of the company considering they set the tone for the workplace environment. As a teller, I had an amazing branch manager who treated everyone fairly and went by the policy and procedures every single time. She had been with the company for over 17 years and exceeded all expectations. Also was very shocked to find out teller position starts out hiring at 15/hr. Fast forward one year, I was promoted to personal banker, switched branches, and now have a very very lazy, cut-corners type of manager who doesn't care about the overall team atmosphere. Overall, great company. Just depends where you work and who your manager is
Pros
paid time off, maternal leave 16 weeks (f) 8 weeks (m), competitive pay
Opportunity to grow
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Love working at Wells Fargo. Have great management. Team members are awesome, cool place to work. Benefits are top notch. If you want to relocate it’s in almost all over the USA
Benefits
Cons
Not in Louisiana
Very Fast Paced and high sales goals
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 21, 2018
When I was with Wells, I was on the phone 90% of the day. I would open accounts sell new products and services maintain business. I would also train new hires that came in. I was a part of many leadership development groups and did a lot of group presentations.
Pros
overtime offered if wanted lots of the time great management
Cons
high sales goals and stress
Joke
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 20, 2018
Would not recommend working for Wells Fargo. It's all politics and favoritism not work place performance at all.

Not enough pay to put up with to a day to day basis.
Good
Personal Banker/Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 20, 2018
No comment, I have nothing more to say. Indeed won't let me proceed until I fill this in...I keep typing and typing but I am still not typing enough characters in order to move on...182 so I must keep typing.. ending now with 229
Pros
good training
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Sales Goals unantainable
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CASeptember 19, 2018
Operations is an important part of the team, that it is critical to have great communication because they tend to be in the accounts longer then the sale team. Watching over my budget and making adjustments that will keep us in the black as well as keep the brands visibility in the streets. Most importantly running data on sales through three different programs, focusing on trends, forecasting of products both new releases and current products and being able to share that with my team. While in my last position I had 3 Trade Activation Managers and One sales rep under me directly. I communicate on a daily bases with 17 sales reps about the current situation of the accounts
Wells Fargo Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day -- 9-6pm, Debit card replacement, Wire, Open accounts, Send referrals

What I learned -- Don't blame a bank for your misfortunes.

Management -- Rah, rah, rah. Sell, sell, sell.

Hardest part of the job -- Not being able to fire clients from Helll.

Most enjoyable part -- Easy and simple dress code.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about sales and closing.
Cons
Na
Working environment was competitive.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Highland Springs, VASeptember 18, 2018
It was a great place to work in order to enhance my ability as a manager but upper level management started to require employees to act in unethical behaviors and is why I decided to leave.
Pros
Was given vacation time when asked.
Cons
Asked to do some unethical things.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
For all the things i have to deal with becuase of the policy changes and things that they have changed i think i deseve more pay and for the fact that i have been thur a bomb threat and not once has the emp compisated for the hazard of working in a place where i could be physically harmed.
Worked there when it was cut throat
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2018
I really loved working for Wells Fargo until I had an unethical manager. I know that a lot of things have changed for the better and I know Wells Fargo will continue to be in existence for years to come.
Pros
a lot of growth opportunity
Cons
pay is not enough
Wells Fargo Summary
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CASeptember 17, 2018
Company was good, but very hard on sales. pay and benefits were good. Minus the sales aspect, it would have been a great company to stay with. Due to the sales, I changed professions.
I loved helping my customers,but at times our management didn't care, and HR which supposed to be confidential was not.
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 17, 2018
Doesn't treat employees fairly. If you voiced your opinion and she didn't agree with the answer. They find ways to get rid of you and make your life miserable.
Productive and Influential
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Over my years at Wells Fargo I was most productive in learning how to better structure my finances as well as helping others. It is a great company that has so many tools to help you exceed and grow. The hardest par of the job was when we had high traffic but with the help of the team its easy.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Great work environment
Normal office environment with fun team
Personal Banker, Licensed Brokerage Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Management has been very lacking in the last 5 months, as our branch has not had a branch manager since his demotion. The environment within the branch itself is fun, as coworkers are enjoyable and friendly, relatable and are able to work together as a team. The most enjoyable part is being able to close on investment business, and able to work together with additional partners to help clients achieve financial success. Movement within the company is prolonged, and there are biases and favoritism within management as to upwards movement.
Benefits
Cons
Development, progression
Sales Oriented leadership
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Goal oriented. Must be a quick thinker who can problem solve on the spot without showing signs of stress. Very fun professional co-workers always willing to lend a hand to help a customer.
Pros
Great hours, great starting pay, and very well put together training.
Personal Banker Wellsfargo
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Develops and maintains long term relationships with customers .Provides account services also
analyzes customer information to identify opportunities for growth and expansion of services, performs
sales, resolving customer issues promptly, create positive environment, ability to navigate multiple
computer services, applications and utilizes search tools to find information.
Pros
convenient
Cons
poor management
Stressful, Competitive Not worth it
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Novato, CASeptember 13, 2018
Competitive stressful and no fun! Manager would make you stay late to make sure you hit you sales number for the day, and no work life balance not worth it.
Loved it
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2018
The best training, banking system. After the fiasco, the bank really improved in everything and although I had to move to another state, I am still a customer as it has been very pleasant to me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K
49.1K
36.4K
22.2K
11.9K

See reviews about

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.

Powered by Comparably