Wells Fargo
66Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Personal Banker2,810 reviews
United States2,810 reviews
Found 2,810 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Exceeds expectations great team environment manager is great and positive fast days steady work pace incentives based on good customer service management works with you on doctors appointments
Cons
Health care little expensive
Good management, good people, stable dependable company with great benefits. Good work life balance. Good pay. Good place for advancement. Good vacation benefits
Pros
Good company
Cons
Reputation
everything changes everyday. I have worked w thr company for a long time and have seen multiple changes in focus. I am tired of defending the company to the public
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Literally terrible management. There are a lot of benefits they offer and have a great maternity/paternity leave. I have not met one good manager at this company - I don’t understand why. Also a lot of inter office relationships make for an uncomfortable work place.
Pros
Maternity leave
Cons
No sales environment is good and bad. No large payouts BUT I believe the compensation reflects those changes. With the past of the company, it can be hard to change the minds of some customers- but WF is making a strong effort to make things right
Working under a team that was very motivating and resourceful to help learn new things daily. Great pay and benefits. There are very good benfits as well offered and oppurtunity for bonuses or advancement if you are one who would like to move up and put forth the effort.
Wells Fargo provides many opportunities to learn more about the Financial industry as well as ways to grow within it. Overall I have no real complaints with the company, as there's a very supportive and diverse environment that simply makes working here approachable and enjoyable.
I gained a lot of knowledge from this company. I feel like it is an excellent place to grow with if your looking for a business career. I’ve learned a lot financially for personal and business wise. I would recommend this company to anybody who’s looking to grow in financial industry.
Pros
Work benefits
Cons
Overwhelmed due to the amount of business we get. But I loved it, my day went by so fast.
I've really enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo. I work with a great team of people and a multitude of jobs to apply for within. They treat their employees fairly I believe.
Needing something better for myself and son. They have amazing benefits and work environment. Working on getting my accounting degree but really don’t have an opportunity to excel in my studies
Pros
Amazing people and meeting new people
Cons
Working Saturdays
Great environment to work in and have great managers working. Hardest part of the job is dealing with different customer personalities, but Wells Fargo trains you to deal with difference situations and scenarios. Came into the job knowing basic cash handling skills and within 10 months, opportunity for a promotion came up and really helped that the manager was with me in every step of the way.
Pros
Great co-workers and diversity in the workplace.
Cons
No cons other than being placed in different position due to COVID.
Easy to move up in company, pay not what it should be, unrealistic expectations and goals. Easy to network, employees are often needed to cover at other branches in the area.
It was a great fun experience working there. Pay was okay, it could be better for the money the bank makes. Hours balance out in personal life. Great training program.
Pros
Training. Volunteer programs
Cons
Low salaries low hourly wages
Usually a stress free banking work environment. Many company and policy changes happen monthly sometimes changing job expectations. A great place to learn banking while also working on site for real world experience.
It's sales driven, you've seen the news. They drive sales to a point that it becomes unethical and it's cost them a great deal. I don't like they're politics. The people are great and it was a pleasure to work with them.
Wells Fargo was by far the best company I have ever working for as well as having such a good management team. I was couched by management constantly in regards to perfecting my role as a banker.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Nothing.
They like to say they’ve changed and are no longer doing sales. The pressure is still there and management only cares about themselves. Only the favorites get promoted and the company will let customers walk all over you.
Terrible leadership with no sense of loyalty to their employees. Management are “yes” people (if they want to work their long or to advance). Decent pay for the work performed, good benefits and tuition reimbursement.
I do not recommend if you do not feel comfortable in a corporate environment
Pros
Pay for the work completed, benefits
Cons
Solely Management and leadership
The culture on paper is good, you will report to the assistant branch manager, branch manager, and 2 service managers if your branch has them. Your Branch manager reports to the district manager who in turn reports to the market president. All of these individuals set a local culture and they have the power to make your job pleasant if they stick to the companys culture or unpleasant if they take the liberty of interpreting the company culture as they see fit or ignoring it all together. For some time now Wells Fargo has consistently hired “yes” men/women to fill management positions, not necessarily smart men/women and this is where you can have a tough time working here.
Pros
Meet a lot of people, can be fun to have converstions with many different people.
Cons
Managers hired arent necessarily the smartest.
You have great benefits and great environment, lots of activities and work functions. Lots of discounts and great deals. Work and personal life is on point balancing (depending on schedule), and depending in what department you work in you’ll see who’s favorite. Don’t get me wrong if you work hard and show your worth you shouldn’t have any problems escalating in positions. The more productive you are the more they reward you. If you do get hired please take advantage of all your benefits.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, income
Cons
Favoritism