Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Found 2,186 reviews matching the search See all 31,444 reviews
Petty Management
Lic. Financial Specialist / Lic. Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 8, 2019
I was employed during the "checking Sales" period with Wells Fargo so this review may be unfair. Customer Service was non existent or only lasted for as long as a sale could be generated. Management would direct walk in sales to only a select few employees and were transparent in their favoritism. As well, Management would direct research, notaries and various other time consuming activities to impede another employee's success.
Decent pay, horrible work environment.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  West Milford, NJDecember 28, 2018
Took this job years ago for a bump in pay. Environment was beyond pushy for sales, unethical, high pressure to sell to customers who had no need for product, ritually called on the carpet for not producing, asked to stay late 1-2 nights per week to make 100-200 mandatory cold-calls to customers, no sense of customer service, management made mega bucks and did very little work.
Pros
good pay, decent hours
Cons
pushy for sales, no care for customers, reprimanded for trying to be ethical about sales
About what you'd expect from a big bank
Personal Banker I (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 30, 2018
You have normal work hours, M-Sa with 1 day off in between. Too many chiefs not enough employees often enough and really you're just a number, and can be replaced. If you're on retail banking side, it's almost impossible to move to the back office or corporate side of Wells Fargo, generally it's recommended that you leave Wells Fargo for experience and then you'll be able to move into corporate side.

If you make nice with your coworkers life can be easy, but 95% of your coworkers will gossip, and friendships with those you work with can turn sour in a single day.
Pros
Lots of PTO to use if you're never sick, bank hours, bank holidays
Cons
No breaks (other than lunch), no mobility out of retail
If they say no sales it's a lie
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 20, 2018
Honestly they won't pay you fairly and it takes knowing someone to get promoted. I've been promised jobs before the interviews even though those interviewing before me may be more qualified. Managers are allowed to hang out with employees outside work which blurs the lines in professionalism. It is a customer service job and you do get to leave your work there. The relationships you build with your customers almost make the politics worth it. It is amazing to have that customer who will only work with you or being able to solve the problem that your customer had no solution to.
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
No breaks, sales pressure
Personal banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 29, 2018
I have been with Wells Fargo for 1 year. Unfortunately because of some changes in my family I have to relocate to another state. I really enjoyed working here. As a personal banker I have met and helped some amazing people. When people sit at my desk to talk to me about their accounts I look forward to finding a solution to what ever it is they need. They may come in angry at first but they always leave with a smile on their face. I really hope I find the same happiness as I found here. There is nothing really hard about working here. We have a strong supportive team so if I don't know the answer to a question there is always someone I can count on to point me in the right direction.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Fast paced, constantly changing, in the public eye
Personal Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Wells Fargo is jam-packed with meetings. We have meetings daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
They have meetings about upcoming meetings. It's ridiculous.
Expect to work 45 hours a week regularly. If you intend to advance its more like 50-55 hours for mid level, it depends on your specific role within the company.
Pros
1 hour lunches, recogniton overload, lots of PTO
Cons
No breaks besides lunch. Work follows you home after entry level position.
its ok
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2018
worked for WF for nearly a decade, really depends on location, upper management, and office politics. was a very high stress job when i was employed there, but that was several years ago. its a stable job with good benefits, but can become boring, and routine over time. I enjoyed my co workers most of all while i was with WF. The general public has lost alot of faith in banks , and that can work against you when trying to sell or refer bank products. also the underwriting requirements are very strict, so if your client has poor credit its not even worth your time to try. I enjoyed the people, not so much the sales and logistics of the company.
Fun place to work, hey I'm a banker!
Personal Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Sales goals are gone, woo-hoo. Your performance metric is now customer service surveys which managers will emphasize because their pay is based on it. Limited support from management. Never had an observation or 1 on 1 the entire time I worked there, so pretty much got to do what I wanted! Customers can get downright nasty in your chair, so you just have to sit back and enjoy the show. WF reputation has the FA's and other execs fleeing, so be prepared to defend and deflect! Not really a good place to advance your career, I saw people without degrees become managers. Pay is Embarassing.
Pros
18 PTO days first year, easy job, surf the web all day wait for customers and go home
Cons
Can get really boring, pointless work, why am I here etc.
Teammembers are not a priority
Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2018
Somewhere along the line Wells Fargo forgot that it's people in the branches are their strongest asset. After the 2016 ruling, Wells has shifted focus to "regaining trust" of it's customers. However, the company cannot stay out of the news- with almost every department being effected- and has pushed for "growth" at the cost of returning to what feels like the culture of pre-2016 ruling. Team members are often told that Wells is changing things based on employee feedback and in order for the company to look out for employees' best interests, only to find that it will cost them more money, result in loss of their job, or sacrifice any kind of pay raise.
Its who you know
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there, was at the same branch for 7 years. I enjoyed getting to know customers and assisting them in their financial solutions. I struggled with seeing the same people over a course of 7 years and trying to meet branches quarterly goals.
Pros
Team envolvement was fantastic. Provided a sense of community amd good team spirit
Cons
Advancement was tough. As i learned, it was more about who you know, and not what you know.
Great place, but can be stressful at times.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 7, 2018
Wells Fargo is a great place to work. They give you plenty of time off you get to use as soon as you are out of training. Paid holidays, Paid volunteer time, and some flex holidays. The training is adequate, the virtual training definitely does not cover near all the things you need to know. But, they are always sending you to classes and seminars in order to better your self.
Pros
a lot of paid time off
Cons
customers only talk about the negatives of WF
Branch was a nice place to work, fast paced
Business Specialist & Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2018
Wells Fargo was a nice place to work but they have got to work harder at helping employees in the area of career advancement. Even though an employee may start with a branch role if the employees wishes to pursue a back end role there should be support in place for that also and not just forcing the employee along the lines of only branch positions. It is a great way to get started in your banking career but don't sentence that employee to only branch roles.
Pros
Compensated for all over time
Cons
Career advancement was a struggle if you weren't going in the direction they wanted
Great for a little town
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 12, 2018
our branch is in a small town so it's not as busy as some branches usually can be in suburban or city branches so atmosphere was more relaxed. Great place to learn though and build experience with little stress in my situation.
Pros
Full timers have a decent PTO provided annually
Cons
culture in branches can all depend on Branch managers, sometimes when it comes to how happy you will like the place
Great stepping stone but not a long term career option
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2018
They don't pay nearly enough for the role that you are in. They also have little room for advancement. Typical day would consist of trying to sell customers banking products as they walked in to the bank. I was a loan officer and/or personal banker. Earlier in my career at Wells Fargo I worked in a call center. This was tedious work. It was phone sales so trying to sell customers products as they called in for something else.
Pros
Off most weekends
Cons
Low pay
Good learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
You can learn about all type of loans(auto, personal, school, MORTGAGE, lines, credit cards, small businesses loans, etc...), 401k, business, and a lot of information that can help you later in life. Good benefits; 180+ hours of PTO per year if you work full time, 6% match at 401k, different health insurances and 40 hours of sick time per year.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Repetitive, and most managers have preferred employees.
My first job as a teller really brought me out of my shell and taught me how to build rapport with customers.
Teller, lead teller and personal banker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2018
If you have a service manager who cares, it can be a really great experience especially for someone just starting out in the workforce. Large financial companies tend to push sales no matter the cost which can be uncomfortable and can be in direct conflict with your personal ethics. It is extremely hard to sell something that you do not personally believe in. It is a good temporary job right out of high school or during college.
Pros
A good first job, teaches you how to interact with customers
Cons
Sales and numbers are pushed to such a level that it can make the job intolerable.
Productive Environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 30, 2018
Wells Fargo's culture, vision and values are very well implemented into the workforce. It's a respectable and reputable company to work for. Benefits are wonderful. Further training needs to be done for most managers to become quality leaders. Goals are attainable and in reason.
Pros
Quaterly Bonuses Some branches close at 5pm
Cons
Lack of Growth and Development. Tools and resources are unrliable.
productive and fun workplace
Wells Fargo Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
overall Wells Fargo was a great company to work for. it was always a challenging jobs trying to make goals but I applied my self to inter act with my customers so that can refer family members and friends to us. Over the years there I grew a lot and learned a lot of new things with the company, also they forward to promoting as well. I worked with excellent managers over the years where they taught me how to grow and learn more to become better at what I was doing. when I first started with the Bank it was Wachovia Bank, prior to me started with the company I was a teller promoted within 2 yrs to a Personal Banker.
Different times
Personal Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 6, 2018
I worked there at the time they had unrealistic sales goals, which we now know caused the scandal of fraud going on there. It was a harder time to work there, I liked it, but many did get fired for not meeting goals, and or were very stressed at the time. I hear now it is very different.
Pros
great benefits and free food often
Cons
You never know when you will get laid off for sales
work place
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix Arizona USAOctober 9, 2018
I would be the first one to open the door for the customers and help the ones who wanted to succeed financially. i would get to know a lot of different types of customers, different races, from different countries and cultures. i loved it. i would check in with my manager every hour to stay on track and keep going towards my goals. i loved and enjoyed every single minute at the bank.
Pros
overtime pay, uncapped bonuses, helping customers and making their day
Cons
late meetings, trips to universities for sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.3K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss