Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Found 2,245 reviews matching the search See all 32,510 reviews
good place to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2019
id say that this is the type of job that wont you as much but they will train you for customer service and sales in a professional way and since they do offer flexible hours its not so bad.
Great starter job, but other banks have more to offer
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  AZMarch 18, 2019
Very stressful environment. Very detail oriented work load. Management and team comraderie/ respect vary greatly by locations. Some managers will stick up for you, others will completely let you be chewed out by customer and talk to you as if you're the problem. Pay is decent. Customers are very difficult at times and sometimes just wont listen because of your position. Advancement and growth is very difficult to come by unless you know the right people in the areas I've worked in No sales goals or incentives. Incentives are generalized to location rather then individual, so someone can let everyone do the work and still get paid similar to those who did work. $0-$300 per person ($0-100 AFTER TAXES) Benefits went down after some time and is only limited to certain location or offices, very hard to schedule appts. TONS of information that could be interpreted differently from person to person, making decision making and advise difficult. Rules are always changing which made working sooo stressful. LATE hours sometimes.
GREAT START OUT JOB with potential for career, but must be PATIENT (SERIOUSLY....) Great for those considering career path in finance, gives tons of knowledge and real life experience.
Pros
Career starter, real experience, finance insight
Cons
Management variance, favoritism, little advancement, constant policy changes, Stressful!!
Good Starting Point
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 14, 2019
I started as a teller and progressed to a banker. It is widely known that the large retail banks pay as little as they can. This has gotten even worse as they removed any commissions or bonuses.

I was at an in-store location, and it was longer hours with a high-volume of customers that did not provide quality sales opportunities. I had an excellent manager, but left when she did.
Pros
It got me experience to qualify for a good job
Cons
High expectations, no time to meet them
Sucks
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 14, 2019
Terrible management not nice people to work for they use and abuse you give inconsistent schedule as well as just want people to bring their money over with little to no benefits
Good place to work at
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2019
It’s a good career choice and a decent company to work for. You will meet people that may become lifelong friends. You will gain skills to help you in your future endeavors
Pros
Health benefits, pto
Cons
Great place for a salesman
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2019
The management could be better but no one has financial degrees. Only the Financial advisor does. Everyone else is just a retail employee. Great place to make money.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Sales
I worked during the tough time as a banker..things have changed
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 12, 2019
Sales goals were crazy when i worked there but everything other than that i really could not complain about. A very organized company. The benfits were also excellent with a 6% 401k match.
Benefits
Cons
Lower pay and sales goals while i was there. that has changed though for the better
very secure
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 12, 2019
a typical day of work is following up on customer and making sure they are using the services we provide. i learned a lot about financing and the inner workings of a bank. hardest part of the job was the criticism of the company and tough to move up with such limited local positions.
ethics
Personal Banker (SAFE) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
It is fast pace and challenging, diverse working environment, promotes team spirit.sometimes can be very demanding, big on products sales and services.
Pros
career development
Cons
job culture is average
I enjoyed working at Wells Fargo
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 11, 2019
I worked for the new Wells Fargo and really enjoyed the environment they are creating now. They cared about me and ensuring I had a great work/life balance!
Decent benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2019
Decent benefits pay below average and strict sales goals. Ive heard things have changed recently with the sales goals, but i was working there when the fraudulent account openings were happening because of the strict sales goals
loved the enviroment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2019
Very warm atmosphere. management were amazing, learned a lot. very good opportunity for career growth. loved every minute there.had to leave cause I moved out of the US.
Pros
diversity, career growth
Cons
Really good company to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2019
I work at Wells Fargo for almost 5 years and enjoy my work and the environment that they have . I enjoy working there I had the opportunity to work in 2 differents departaments
Pros
Good benefits
great place to work
Personal Banker (1) (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXMarch 8, 2019
working at wells was a really great experience for me. it taught me alot about financial stability and management. My branch manager was exceptionally great with training and very understanding and family oriented with her staff.
sales
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCMarch 7, 2019
When I worked here, management only cared about making sales. They'd pressure you to open up accounts or to change someone's accounts to get credit for a "sale".

Unfortunately Wells Fargo fired the wrong people when they got caught and promoted the shady managers into regional manager positions.

The culture may have changed from the time I was there though.
i love this company
Personal Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 7, 2019
a typical day at work for me starts at 8:30 to 6:15.
what I learned so far is how to manage a team my time and finances.
the management team at this company is very knowledgeable and care about the team.
Good Place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandMarch 6, 2019
Meet with customers who have needs that the teller could not do.
Open accounts, discuss financial options, budgeting, credit and other resources and finding out other needs that the customer may have.

Stage Directing- this is standing for about 1 hour and a half to greet and talk to customers when they first come in the bank and direct them to where is needed. also any other assistance that is needed.

Dealing with and interacting with customer on a daily basis is very enjoyable.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
may have to go to other branches on a moment notice
Quality should be above quantity of calls.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
The salary is low for job function.
Quality should be above quantity.
High turn over due to salary.
Pay starts to low for phone bankers, 12.00 hr.

I have provided this information recently.

Too many family related employees.
Pros
Multiple Locations
Cons
Low Pay
productive
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 5, 2019
Great working environment, professional environment and management are willing to help you with your growth, team members work well together , safe working environment
Pros
employees work well with each other
Cons
n/a
Great overall
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2019
Great company. I think they should pay a little more, but what employee doesn't. Wells Fargo really give you the opportunity to move up and progress in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss