Wells Fargo
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Research Analyst

Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Overall, Wells Fargo is a good company to work for depending on the department that you work in and the leadership. Like all places to work it has it's pro's and conns however compared to other companies it is supurb.
A decent place to work but very difficult to be promoted
My feeling was with Wells Fargo is that if you did your job well they would not have a need to promote. It seemed to be very difficult to be promoted even if you were qualified or sometimes overqualified. It would be advantageous if they would home internal career fairs to increase internal promotions.
Great Benefits
Benefits are great. 401k match, maternity and paternity leave, and holidays. Its hard to leave however there is not much advancement opportunities at the moment.
Too long ago to rate
Workplace culture was pleasant; was treated well; management was available and helpful;good hours; rating not currently valid - been years since I worked there
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Typical work day
I spend my day reviewing documents for accuracy and completion. If the information is incomplete, I reach out to various parties (settlement agents, builders, real estate agents, customers and Wells Fargo Fulfillment Team) by several methods (mail, phone, email and fax) to complete.
Productive workplace
Great place to work. Wells Fargo will help develop team members. I have gained many skills working at Wells Fargo. Good life work balance. Benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
lunches are too short
I have been at my job close to 10 years
I start work at 8 AM and leave a 4:30 PM. I pull title loans from a list review and try to outflow if possible or correct the title problems. The hardest part of this job is correctly reading the title for vesting purposes. The most enjoyable part is accomplishing all I want to in the day.
Pros
Ok
Wells Fargo
I work back office working direct with states to service our customers from letters to assistance through the Hardest Hit Funds and other state government programs. It is a fast paced environment however no room for growth in the department I work in.
Was an awful place to work for. I literally wish I never would have went to work at wells fargo. It caused migraines and my endless hours of hard work went unnoticed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wells Fargo?
Good opportunities with fantastic benefits
Wells Fargo is working hard to implement change and I love their efforts to listen to team members. The benefits are fantastic and hard to find anywhere else.

The most frustrating part of the job is middle management. Our Senior Leadership & CEO are working their butts off to make things better. Unfortunately that message is lost within middle management. Change cannot happen if managers are not going to walk the walk.
Pros
Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Cons
Too many managers who don't care
Review
Fun place to work. Lots of assistance available from management. Volunteering opportunities available in the community. Ability to move on to other departments.
It was a new department brought to the Roanoke call center. The training of management and analysts was not adequate to prepare for the position.
The department started off rough as we were not trained adequately for the position. Management also struggled to assist us in our questions. We quickly had very high case log which caused stressful long hours.
Pros
Management was always on our side to assist with our case resolution.
Cons
We took the brunt for higher management not creating a more organized tra
Sales teams are stressful to interact with
The departments in vicinity are a peach to work with, the work is fine, but the sales teams that reach out from across the country are stressful to interact with.
Foreclosure Title clearance
The most enjoyable part was working with the people in the department and the outside agencies. I was able to learn a lot about title issues and the necessary steps to clear them.
Pros
Team work, communication
Cons
negative public view of the company
Good benefits and PTO
Good work culture. Team is a priority. Allowed to post for new jobs after 1 year in most positions, so I moved up 3 positions within 3 years. I would like more pay for my work though.
Review
Overall rating of the company is good. Lower compensation provided due to the "temp" nature of the assignments. There are opportunities for advancement to be hired permanently by the companies contracting the work.
would not do it
Most of the managers are good but upper management cut them down quickly. My position had a volume of work that needed 12 was cut to 5. When the deadline was not met they wonder why. No overtime just constant stress to crame so much into the day and still it is never enough.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
contractors are used instead of hiring for a position on a high volume team
Employees are overworked
Managers expect too much out of the employees so turnover of employees is extremely high and quick. Employees are treated like robots and are extremely micromanaged. Management is not organized very well and there is no proper structure/hierarchy.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
micromanaged employees
A good place to be
This is a great company to work for if you are assertive with your skills and are confident in yourself. This is not a place to expect friendships from, although it's possible. They do provide great opportunities to improve your professional skills.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management can be very impersonal.
not much direction
no direction or feedback from management in this position. Very redundant tasks, tight timelines without much reward. Work primarily as individual without much team interaction.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no feedback/guidance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.
12.6K
Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.