Wells Fargo Employee Reviews for Teller

Found 4,332 reviews matching the search See all 32,589 reviews
Unsatisfied with the company
Teller (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 22, 2019
My overall experience at the company was poor. Management was horrible, I felt like the tellers were used for sales instead of there to complete transactions.
Part-time/ full time teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
Makes or breaks your experience with this company, the lay-out of their expectations were amazing. I wish I would've came in in a different district I would still be with WF.
Pros
benefits, simplicy rules and regulations
Cons
no one really follows the rules
Fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 21, 2019
Fun environment depending on where you’re located . Love working here would advise anyone to work here. It’s a fun place you could grow within the company. Could transfer anywhere very loyal to their customers.
Pros
Cons
Planning vacation
Save yourself
BILINGUAL TELLER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2019
Too much to state about this company. Why work for them when they can’t even seem to keep their loyalty to the customers? Take my word for it.. don’t do it.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Weekends MANDATORY
no time
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2019
very stressfull, managers are behind your back every minute.
they want you to be perfect. you can be promoted only if the manager likes you. the tellers don't last longer
Decent place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 20, 2019
The overall company is good but the branch I'm employed at is under poor management. I was hired in and came into a team that was already set with cliques. If you didn't fit in with them then they didn't want to help you or let alone talk to you. This includes the management team. You were on your own. Things i was taught in company wide training were in fact not applied in the branch I work in. Have visited other branches and it seems like a completely different organized branch.
Pros
great benefits, paid holidays, great learning experience
Cons
poor management
Teller , Tellers (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 20, 2019
The atmosphere was not good and the management was horrible I am best thing about working there or was that the customers with building the rapport with the customers and some of the coworkers were amazing
Productive and professional workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 20, 2019
A typical work day is busy depending on the day of the week. I've learned how to handle satisfied and dissatisfied customers. Management is always available and assessing you. Workplace culture is normal and can be fun on holidays. The hardest part of the job is remembering all of the continuously changing policy and procedures. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and building genuine relationships with customers.
Good
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 20, 2019
Very good i recommend but the balancing is very strict you have to be very careful also dont make friend s at work because everyone is a rival for the next position
ATM valanse
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2019
The procedures and rules of the banks are more complex some confidential, the most fun was to make the ATM's valanse and count the money and de security
Pros
count the money
Cons
the smell of the tickets
Great place to work, learn new things, better yourself, and receive great pay and benefits!
Teller Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 19, 2019
Very optimistic setting, constructive, quicker paced at times, customer focused, skill building, etc. Wells Fargo is a great place to learn many new things, not only about banking and the financial world, but about yourself.
Cons
No overtime
Nice Place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Howard, WIMarch 19, 2019
A lot of the rules are very strict compared to other banks but its all to protect the customer. There were not enough positions to move into and not many took time to figure out a career plan.
Pros
Good hours, good pay and benefits
Cons
Little room for growth
Decent Place to Grow
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 18, 2019
Depends on your manager. Can be a good spot to learn customer service and sales skills. You have the stability of a corporate company behind you but if you want to leave the branch it is hard.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Tough to advance outside of branch
It was okay
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  DelawareMarch 18, 2019
The pay was good but your days off were not guaranteed, emergencies did not matter, and work life balance was terrible. They speak constantly about job growth however they dont grow you they just promote someone from another location. HR was a joke when I told them about unethical behavior that i saw.
Pros
Pay, pto, benefits
Cons
work life balance, 20 min lunches, limited bathroom breaks, little room for error
Great entry level job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 18, 2019
Great for people just starting in the industry. I fear they will provide less jobs in the future and there will be less room to grow. Fun and inviting culture that makes you want to be your best self.
Poor Management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 18, 2019
Management has changed since I was there but it was horrible. Advancement and pay was decent but the worst part was the pushing sales. Breaks were far and few between.
Teller
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2019
Worked there years ago, taught me banking & got me into mortgages. Was not bad job for going to college & working. Good stepping stone. Competive quarterly
Very fun place to work for, enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo the people there are the best.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at Wells Fargo would be cashing or depositing funds of our customers into their accounts, meet with management team for new ideas on to improve the customers services
Pros
lunch break, management team
Cons
pay, stress, and location
It was fast paced and they always encourage for you to adavnce in your career.
Financial Teller (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 15, 2019
The environment was very professional and friendly. They always allowed and encouraged you to grow in the company and provided constant training. Manager was genuine and caring.
Pros
One hour lunch, benefits, office hours
Cons
Alternating saturday work
great experience
Teller/Banker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2019
would go back it has always been a good experience working with the entire wells fargo team. i learned a lot a gained a lot in my work ethic. I would recommend!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss