Wells Fargo

Teller5,215 reviews
United States5,215 reviews
Found 5,215 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Being a teller
My manager was very critical and often made me feel out of place. I was very overwhelmed and rarely had the opportunity to take extra time to get things explained to me. I also can't stand the way I was forced to constantly shove credit cards, accounts, ECT. down customers throats..it was embarrassing.
Only if you have too
Very underpaid and under appreciated, you are forced to sell products and services to people who can’t afford it or qualify for it then they fire you for not meeting those goals. That’s why they were sued for opening false accounts
have to push sales to every customer..regular customers hate it
small community hated being constantly asked about cc and other products,they always said they would let us know if they wanted anything, but that did not matter, it was sell to every customer every time. work environment was an angry place.
Okay
I love working for the company but they were not willing to make me full time. Also our location/ district was severely understaffed. Therefore this caused overwork for the people who were there. Also there was no overtime which in turn caused a lot of rushing to get things done within a certain time or adjustment to schedule to compensate
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Overall one of the best places I’ve worked at.
Co workers were great as well as management and overall great experience while working for Wells Fargo very flexible and great pto available as well as holiday pay
I learned a lot at this job that has been helpful in jobs since. The most enjoyable part was creating relationships with customers to meet their individual needs.
Great company
They truly care about their employees and what is going on with them personally. The pay is great and the support from management is fantastic. They offer programs that help train you to move up.
A great Job to get you into banking
It was amazing working for wells fargo, If I didn't have to leave I wouldn't have. I enjoyed the people, the job and almost everything about it. Wells Fargo was great for me and made me realize my talents in banking.
Not Ethical
"no more sales goals" yeah right. They continue to push you to be invasive in customers' lives. Do anything you can to get them to a banker or you'll get in trouble. It's terrible and uncomfortable. Crooked company without morals.
Opportunity for advancement
When you work hard it is easy to advance in this company amazing benefits and they train you and give you the skills you need to succeed I would go back in a heartbeat
Productive and fun place to work
I worked for Wells Fargo for 5 years and it was great. I got to meet a lot of great people. As a teller you go in, you prepare for the day and once the branch is open you welcome customers and process their transactions. At the end of the day you follow procedures and make sure everything is locked and safe for the next day. The hardest part of this job is telling customers no.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Rude customers
fun place to work, good for students
Although it can be stressful on the first and third of the month, our team would always pull through and we had a great time working together despite how busy our branch would get. I loved this job, there are lots of opportunities to advance within the company. You just gotta let it be known!
Good benefits but Unethical
My branch was always the top branch for customer service until the new manger walked in. At that point we weren't doing sales because of the fake account openings. So my manger new and all would reverse fees and took shortcuts to please the customers. When i addressed this to the Regional Manager, i was told that it wasn't my place to say anything but work. All just to keep customers happy after their fallout. They've done so much harm that every teller was targeted by customers. Wells Fargo was a good company.
Cons
Bad management
Management is quick to fire anyone for things they do themselves. No support for growth. Work life balance is awful. Nobody cares that you have kids who get sick. Call out more then three times in six months and you’re written up.
Don't Waste Your Time
I cannot overstate how much I HATED working at Wells Fargo. Not only was the pay terrible, but the company itself treats anyone who's not a branch manager so poorly. I worked with someone who was constantly sexually harassing coworkers, physically put their hands on multiple coworkers, and was so unprofessional that the branch was a joke to even the few remaining customers by the end of my year there. Every time someone would report it, they'd be fired- because it was the BM doing it. WF was a joke.
Awesome Company
Wells Fargo knows how to treat their employees! They have great benefits and the job culture is unlike anywhere I’ve ever worked! If you are looking to advance your career, in the financial industry, this is the place to do it!
Wells Fargo is toxic
All in all Wells Fargo is a toxic work environment but the pay is ok and the health insurance is pretty good. If you like customers getting mad at you, WF is the place to work!
It’s not the work that is difficult, it’s more the environment.
Great Benefits hardly any culture
The experience was overall a bit offsetting. No company culture just a 9 to 5. Good pay, bad training, great benefits, hard to want to stay.
Maybe another branch would be better for me. I just felt excluded.
Operational
I’ve gained a new insight on how to go about my office operational skill set. I know how to identify customers needs better, through their words, attitude and body language
Fun place to work for
Lots of room for advancement. Great benefits. The employee benefits package is great. They really take care of their employees. Great workplace culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.
12.7K
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Teller
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more