Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 33,059 reviews matching the search See all 33,923 reviews
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Loan adjustor specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 17, 2019
Wells Fargo cares about their employees, great place to move up, they offer great benefits, and the paternity/maternity is unmatched. Worked here 6 years
Contract
Information Technologies Contractor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 15, 2019
Very professional environment. I installed Cisco phones and this was done after hours so I had little contact with anyone working at Wells Fargo. I hope that is helpful.
Always Changing
Registered Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2019
Be ready for things to constantly change in the workplace. If you aren't a fan of change. Wells Fargo is not the place for you. Career advancement is attainable. You choose your career path and your manager coaches you toward that.
Personal Banker Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 15, 2019
Helped customers open deposit and credit account. Examples of accounts include, but are not limited to: checking, savings, loans, credit cards, long term savings (CD accounts) and much more.
Productive, Friendly, Informative
Commercial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2019
I thought that the interview process was relaxed and friendly with the right amount of give and take. The interviewers were knowledgably, put me at ease and I believe there was a great rapport.
I gained knowledge of the Inner workings of the company and believe that I benefitted from mandatory learning sessions.
The culture was friendly, helpful and eager to help ensure that I had the tools to perform my duties to the best of my abilities.
the hardest part of the job was leaving when my contract ended.
I believe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I had the privilege to be associated with at the company
Great learning experience, challenging tasks, incredible atmosphere
Linux Admin / DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2019
Initially it took me a couple of months to get fully acclimated to the environment. I came from a puppet based configuration management system to ansible. The manager and teammates were very helpful in guiding me to follow their architecture.
Pros
New technologies, great atmosphere, upward mobility
Cons
strict deadlines
I did not work for Wells
n/a (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 14, 2019
I did not have the opportunity to work for Wells directly since the acquisition of World Savings by Wachovia, resulted in my lay off. I can not provide an opinion of working for Wells
Employee oriented
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 14, 2019
5 day work week with own time after hours

Management worked along side producers

Increased personal knowledge of financing

Friendly family oriented work place
Great Place To Work
CLIENT SERVICE CONSULTANT I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2019
Assist customers with their everyday banking needs with first call resolution and maintaining strict federal, state & internal guidelines in a friendly and courteous way. Putting the customers security and maintaining that trust is key and is achieved through great trust built on a foundation of integrity to our customer. This is built through excellent research skills and an ability to build long lasting loyalty by showing a willingness to help through great probing questions and utilizing both the internal and external researching tools given to me. Continually putting my customer first by offering products and services that would genuinely help my customer and allows me to hold true to our values of helping my customer meet their financial goals.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
N/a
Good
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 14, 2019
I think Wells Fargo did an amazing job at training their employees for success. There were always opportunities for mentor ship and advancement. I also thought benefits were good.
Good job culture, not worth what you're paid.
Financial Crimes Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 14, 2019
The position involves dealing with credit and debit card fraud, and it's definitely a typical phone center position. Customers don't really understand what is going on a lot of time, and that results in a lot of yelling.

That being said, the company does try to give us perks, and the employee appreciation is pretty good. My complaint has more to do with difficulty in advancement, and you're not paid nearly enough to deal with all the crud you're required to. It can get toxic if your metrics are off.
Pros
occasional lunches, fun committee, good coworkers
Cons
lack of promotion from within, lack of support for strain on job
Home Mortgage Consultant (HMC) (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 14, 2019
The new management team is completely out of focus. I worked remotely from my home office the entire time that I worked for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and self sourced almost almost every loan that I funded.
Cool job
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2019
Enjoy the job no complaints just gotta do the work and Learn as you go sometimes stressful but not a bad place to work at all I would recommend applying
Decent pay, stressful work
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 14, 2019
I would call people on the phone and demand money from them at a time in their lives when they were at their lowest, and it slowly ate away at my soul.
Good Branch manager
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 14, 2019
We were always busy with new clients and new products. The branch manager was a high energy gal that loved her employees and always tried to be fair. Unfortunately the manager spot turned over often.
Pros
many free meals
Cons
high pressure
Overall good place to work with great schedule
Financial Crimes Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 14, 2019
No bonuses or overtime but always has weekends off. Benefits and 401k contribution help to prepare for future as well as tuition reimbursement for similar fielded studies
Pros
Schedule
Fun place to work at. Alot of diversity and the department had alot of culture which would get employees involved on several activities
Operations Processor I, II, & III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2019
This place was a good exceptional work place to work at. Your voice was heard and your opinions always counted. Management always got their employees involved on activities or special projects.
Pros
Great benefits, happy environment, teambuildings
Cons
Low salary, lack of better career opportunities
Maybe things are better now
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lake Nona FlJune 14, 2019
Was pressured to get referrals. One was given to me once and I got fired for excepting it. The manager at the branch told me to enter it and when I lied and told her I dus not know how to enter it. I knew it was frowned on she tild me since I was transferring to another store no one would know and she had me log in with my logins and she introduced herself six months later when I was working at the other Branch I got fired for it.
Pros
Job pay
Cons
Un reachable goals
Good people facing an uphill battle
Quality Assurance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 14, 2019
This is a good company with good company. You get out of it what you put in like any other company. Facing a lot of challenges lately, but repairing a broken foundation.
Compensation not where it should be for most
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoJune 14, 2019
WF relies on a 2% yearly increase as incentive, top performers might get 3%. Team Members not bonus eligible, but management is, would love to see more emphasis on compensating high performers more fairly and managers given more discretion as to how much Team Members deserve.
not a good place to work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2019
the company was so large. It was not a good fit for me... I never knew who was doing what.. appraisal system was really horrible... the management was confusing.
Pros
they paid good
Cons
too large

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

511K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wells Fargo.

Powered by Comparably