Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 36,702 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company
Great company. They promote within.
You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Peers and managers negatively gossip about their employees
Employees stab their team members in the back to gain advantage.

Managers stab their employees in the back as scapegoats for the managers’ mistakes.
Company needs improvement
This is a national bank that had once outage in a server farm, and took every one off-line. They are implementing new protocols to prevent this in the future. The last CEO resigned under a cloud. The new CEO is much better. Programming security should be improved, but at least there have been no (to my knowledge) major data breaches. I worked as a contractor, so I do not really know what it is like to be an employee. One good thing: we got off all banking holidays!
Productive and growing environment
Working for this company gave me an overall satisfaction technically and drives me to learn new things in a team . Helped me to have great exposure to Business clients/partners. My overall duties were attending daily stand ups , engage in developing code. Wells Fargo is an amazing place to work for an individual to grow more .
Great Pay but very stressful
I’m only giving it three stars because it’s a very stressful job that wasn’t for me. If you’re great under extreme pressure this is for you. My managers and coworkers were awesome.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers, Managers
Cons
Stressful
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Excellent company to work for
During my 20 year career, I was offered many opportunities for growth. Wells Fargo offers equal opportunity employment and placing a strong emphasis on work/life balance.
Stressful
This particular place is a very stressful place to work. Certain individuals made it worse. I feel the training is insufficient. Another thing is that certain individuals in higher rolls are unprofessional, and broadcast information about employees that should be private.
Amazing company
Amazing company to work for- given the right management. The company itself
Stands for greatness, but there will always be that bad Apple that comes along.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wells Fargo?
productive
great company to work with. I've been with the company for five years and it was a great experience working with WellsFargo. They paid for my tuition for my bachelor degree.
Disappointing
Not able to find full time position despite being a temp-to-hire position, limited visibility and lack of opportunity. Management did not make time to interact with those lower on the totem pole.
Productive, fun work space
I was highly pleased working with the individuals I worked with. I enjoyed their energy, productivity and their hunger for success. Overall, I had a great work experience with Wells Fargo!
Customer service, financial advisor, clerical
Working at wells fargo has always been a great experience. Besides providing exceptional customer service, we also had to show alot of personality. Being able to smile and let your customer feel at home was always our goal. We made sure that we had communication skills with our customers and were able to listen, understand, and act on any given situation. As a bank teller you had to make sure you were bilingual in both English and Spanish to better understand the customer. The job itself was full of attention to detail and multitasking. Ti perform the job right, a bank teller had to have cash handling experience, ability to use a register, Ability to assist customer with Cash deposits, withdrawals, money and bank transfers, check cashing, money orders, and cashiers checks.
Good place to work while in college
They have amazing benefits such as paid time off and paid 4 month maternity leave. However, it is hard to move up from the teller position as not a lot of positions open frequently.
Wells Fargo Is a Great company to work for.
I worked at Wells Fargo for almost 5 years and had the ability to move up fairly quickly. Had a very inclusive work environment and great team engagement. I would defiantly recommend working for Wells Fargo. Management did also support me in moving up in the company.
Great benefits and opportunities to move up.
Overall working for Wells Fargo was a great job which could easily blossom into a full time career. Although I was only part time, I managed to get a very competitive amount of hours and also great benefits. There is absolutely room to grow in the company which is always important for someone looking for a career. For myself, banking just was not right for me but I am confident many individuals out there could really excel in this work environment.
Interview and described tasks did not match actual work load.
Little to no supervision and the position was looking for someone with extensive SQL and T-SQL experience and the position was actually a Q/A developer position
Don't work here
Don't work here unless you want to hate your life. Wells Fargo is a mega bank. All they care about are $$$. Most of my coworkers hated their jobs and almost always had a bad attitude. The management culture basically operated on one rule: look out for #1. I got three promotions, and then basically felt like I could never go anywhere else higher. Oh, and everyone who worked there was very superficial. Nobody really cared that much about anyone else. They said they did, and tried to make you believe it, but the underlying message was that corporate profits always come first.
N/a
It would not be fair to say that my experience is what Wells Fargo is about across the board. Each line of business has its own culture, depending on the management.
People were nice
The people I worked with were very nice. I worked at 2 branches during my training time there, which is not the norm. I believe this hindered my performance
Limited Job Advancement
There was limited job advancement unless you were willing to re-locate. I was with the company a year and there was no opportunity to move to a full time position unless I wanted to travel or re-locate. As a military spouse I was unable to do either.
Great Benefits but needs to revisit their culture and make it less Sales focused.
Wells had great benefits. Unfortunately, the environment that being so sales driven creates is toxic. Management no longer sees the hardworking staff that provides excellent service as an asset. You were valued by the numbers that you provided.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.
12.6K
Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

61%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.