Wells Fargo
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 38,908 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wells Fargo selected this as a representative review
Great company. They promote within. You are responsible for your own advancement. The company promotes diversity and has a number of cultural diverse group. Love it.
Love this company worked here for 5 plus years. Love my co workers they make coming to work enjoyable pay could be better. Leadership could be better as well.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Pay
Wells Fargo offers many opportunities for growth and plenty of financial information to learn. Management team in my experience have been very helpful with me. Teaching me lots of valuable information I see myself using again in the future.
Overall Wells is a great company to work for depending which department you enter. Management is good again depending on the department your in. The company is definitely a good place to work very diverse.
Pros
Pay and benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Hours, management tends to be entitled
They give a lot of PTO as soon as you start. Upper management really has no idea what goes on in their branches. Communication is terrible and once they have their mindset to something it will not change.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Upper Management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
As a teller cross trained to help personal bankers most days are very similar, certain task and some parts unfortunately become tidious and repetitive. However, after a few months meeting and befriending the usuals that came in, the days did start becoming more enjoyable. The benefits were okay, not the best but okay. I did learn a fair amount of useful info about finances and loans, I began focusing on loans with lead to a higher paying position as a loan officer at a credit union.
Pros
I enjoyed my team mates. Good old bankers hours.
Cons
Unethical Management, made bankers open cards customer didn't request, only way to move up if your close to a higher up person.
I worked for Wells Fargo for 7 years. I loved it at times but as I moved up people in management positions showed their true colors and behaved in an unprofessional manner. They brought in their personal feelings and made sure that they were never questioned. Wells Fargo as a company was great especially getting the chance to help promote others and help them continue to grow. Great benefits. Pay was tough to deal with based on the amount of work and value added especially when others in the same position added less value but were paid more. There were times where if the branch was short staffed, upper management did not assist with ensuring there was appropriate coverage.
Pros
Benefits, growth
Cons
Upper management
Constantly short staffed. The coworkers are fine but the company does not care about its employees. You are 100% replaceable at Wells Fargo. Most branches run off of entirely different rules which makes it hard for the other branches. No one is one the same page about almost anything. The system and supplies we are given are extremely out of date and most of the time do not work at all. Wells Fargo did not properly take care of its employees during the pandemic and just enforced taking temperatures at the door 9 months into the pandemic.
Pros
Sometimes they will buy you food
Cons
Terribly company
Some managers are fantastic, and drive you to improve and grow in your work, whether it is with the company or not. Others are lazy and make you do all their work.
Pros
Pto, Education Reimbursement
Cons
Several poor branch/service managers
I enjoy working at Wells Fargo. It wasMy first banking job after coming from sally beauty so they will hire with no real experience. The job is super easy once you understand everything and how to operate the system. The company treats you well, during covid when it first began, each employee still coming in office were given 1k each. There are a lot of perks and room from advancement. I just wish Wells Fargo would offer more full time positions to consider staying long term.
Pros
Great pay, sitting down, easy job
Cons
A lot of Part-time positions only
Friendly work environment, decent pay, great hours. Management was always willing to listen to your complaints or concerns. Would work there again in another position was available
Great culture and management team. Had a strong work/life balance. Good training for new employees. Had good continued training for management. Willing to promote from within.
This company is more concerned about making money than about the employees. There response to COVID was to lie when it came to exposure. When an earthquake occurred with damage to the building, management felt it was a mistake to close the building for damage inspection.
Pros
The cafeteria is wonderful.
Cons
Management, work environment.
You will not be compensated for extra work that you do. It just becomes a new part of your job. If you are a hard and efficient worker, you will be overworked. If you are an under performer, nothing will happen other than you are now causing others to be forced to pick up your work but you won’t get any additional training. You are just a number to most of management. They will push numbers on you constantly and change procedures weekly, without additional training, and you will get coached if you mess anything up, regardless of when the procedure has changed. Senior management will tell you how embarrassing you are to talk about to their senior partners. I was lucky enough to get, what appears to be, the only decent team lead and manager.
Cons
Short breaks for a 10 hour day, overworking employees, making no changes to under performing employees, no additional compensation for addition work
Wells Fargo is a good solid company. They have a great program for their employees. W ells Fargo have a mentoring program to help assist with your growth in the company.
Great work in helping others. You learn something new everyday. The passion to learn a new craft is wonderful. Working as a team is very productive. Learn a lot in programs
Rough place to work, because you are just another number. Virtually no job security and very low pay. I would not go back to work for this company ever.
You said at your desk you turn on your computer and be ready to take in all the calls or make calls. The thing to get used to is making the calls, but there are a few people that will hung up on you but most of the time we get to help people stay on track and current with their accounts.
Pros
Working remote
Cons
Being micromanaged
Great place to work if you get with the right team. With the wrong team it's a little more difficult. I had a great team miss them a lot wish my branch had never closed
Pros
Great benefits
Every day you stand for long periods of time so make sure you are prepared for that. You get all kinds of clients, must have good customer service skills.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
My time at Wells Fargo was pretty good. I was a part time teller and a full time student. Management worked with my school schedule. It’s a great place to gain experience
  1. Employee Reviews