WellSky

3.5Pay & Benefits

WellSky insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good Company/Bad Compensation

The company, or the people around you, are a great group. The compensation is horrible. Low pay and no holiday bonus is what they offer. Add on top of that the head of the company, Bill, has stated plainly he is not interested in keeping staff. As far as he is concerned the company can just hire replacements. There is no loyalty and they do their part to prove that.

Pros

Atmosphere and people

Cons

Compansation and executive leaders

An okay company, but not growing its people with the business.

Benefits package is a little underwhelming, but okay. The work itself is interesting and it is a great feeling to work in a field that has a positive community impact. In recent years the culture has slipped somewhat and the company seems to be struggling with scaling into a more centralized corporate structure. Staffing has become a constant issue and because of that career growth potential has also become more restrictive. Not a bad company and has some great people, but if you are focused on career-building you might find better mobility elsewhere - whether that is a small startup or a more well-established corporation.

Pros

Positive community impact, Serve vulnerable populations

Cons

Lackluster benefits, Staffing challenges, Management communication challenges with some siloing involved

upper management is so bad so many bosses not enough workers

there is no job security even company leaders saying company is doing awesome and number and sales are good but still they lay off people for no rhyme and reasons

Pros

good benefits

Cons

no job security

You will work HARD

This place will make you work extremely hard. The more you can do the more you WILL do. Often time you will be overwhelmed. The people at the company are generally very nice which makes it easier but overall ... There is a ton or pressure and work.

Pros

Great insurance, benefits, pay is fair

Cons

Stress

Unsure future

WellSky is growing and in a good way, however, the growing pains are leaving some feeling left out. I do not work in the corporate headquarters and am getting the feeling of "out of sight, out of mind." There is no room for advancement, and at this point, management is only concerned with numbers. It's starting to feel like they do not care about anything but the bottom line.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Top management is good, but that doesn't trickle down to the lower management levels.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Lots of Growth

WellSky is in growth mode due to new business and acquisition. While there are some growing pains, like getting everyone on the same page with benefits and culture, it's been pretty smooth. I really like knowing my work is positively impacting people's lives - that my work is making a difference. I haven't been able to say that or feel that in all my previous jobs. In addition to the work being meaningful, they also plan lots of fun things for the people in my office. Everything from chili and salsa contests, to holiday parties, to volunteering opportunities in my community. All good for meeting new people and taking a break from work for a short while. The people I work with are smart and motivated. We're striving to be a better team/company - and that's a breath of fresh air. Better than the alternative of doing as little as possible until the clock hits 5pm. I've been with the company about a year and so far so good!

Pros

fun activities, generous time off, meaningful work, motivated teammates

Cons

need better training plans for new hires - but I hear they are working on this.

Stressful

Very stressful, pay isnt great and there is no training. This is literally like being thrown to wolves. Benefits are good and most of the people are really nice.

Okay if you're not in the call center

Everybody that didn't work in the call center seemed to love and adore Kinnser. Call center would scrutinize your time spent on breaks/lunches and dictate when you could use the bathroom. Quarterly events would be held at cool places like Alamo Drafthouse where they would serve free pizza and drinks and then play a movie afterwards, but that benefit was not available to the call center. We were offered popcorn and soda and had to watch a live stream of the meeting from a conference room at the office and then get right back to work.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Benefits like PTO were hard to cash in

Good People, Solid Company

Good management who gives you the tools you need to succeed. The people are all helpful and Kinnser actually really care about what is best for customers.

Pros

Office snacks, Vto, 401k

Cons

Communication between departments

I have been at Mediware for about 5 years. When I first started I was a contractor. I transitioned after 6 months. The salary was only fair at that time. The previous leadership was more about making EBTIA numbers look good and not about anything else. However, the pay got better over the years and the work-life balance is amazing. The frequent cookouts and events are a huge bonus.Even while trying to make EDTIA numbers, life was good here. Flash forward and things have changed! The new CEO is all about growth. He knows you need to spend money to make money. He is a true leader. Things have only gotten better. Same cool perks as before, but even better. A new building is being built and it is going to be gorgeous. Work-life balance is still amazing. Now for the bad. Hey everyplace has some bad too. With new leadership comes change. Well we are going through a lot of change right now. Some people don't deal with change well and others have no issues. I think the changes being made really are necessary to make the company run smoothly and efficiently. Has there been some growing pains? Sure, but I really believe that these are minor and temporary. The outcome should be great. Overall I am pleased and plan to retire from Mediware. Why leave a place that checks 9 out of 10 boxes??

Pros

Great work-life balance

Cons

Growing pains

decent pay, but no one cares about you

Pay is decent but don't expect anyone above you to help you in any way as far as advancement or moving to another department or hiring additional team members to lighten the load. They will give you more work for no additional pay.

Fun work environment / Somewhat lacking vision

The training is minimal, and answers can be hard to find. Management has changed a lot in a good way. Development in the software is currently picking up. Somewhat stressful working conditions since any number of roles and levels of management in a Home Health / Hospice agency can be asking specific question. This ranges from home health aide to CEO. I have learned a lot about Medicare and industry regulations just through the support I've given regarding the software specifics. The hardest part of the position is the research required by the questions asked from customers. Sometimes you can be in research for over an hour, but management understands that finding answers takes time and awards you for going out of your way to find the right answers and being consistent in your efforts.

Pros

Frequent catered lunches, plenty of PTO, VTO is available, Good healthcare options

Cons

Communication within different departments, Compensation / work stress balance

Lovin my new Kinnser Family!

The minute you walk into Kinnser you feel the vibe of a great company! I have worked for some of Austin's best of the best and culture is vital to whether or not I want to work there. I had zero hesitation! The products we sell are actually making a difference...a positive impact to those using us. We are help shape healthcare and creating tools that impact the patients in a positive way. Not a lot of companies out there that can say that. I love the people, the location and for once in a very long time I actually look forward to coming into the office. Very blessed to be a Kinnserian!

Pros

Free snacks, matching 401k, Pto, Vto, benefits

Cons

not a lot of places to eat near by

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• WellSky
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?