WellSpace Health Employee Reviews

Not The Best Place To Work
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMay 14, 2019
I worked for this company for around 2 years and every day we were understaffed and overloaded with patients. In the dental department, the staff of 5 assistants, 2 doctors, and 1 hygienist are required to see 50 patients a day on top of any emergency patients that just walk through the door. On most occasions, the staff will be one to two assistants less and still required to see the set number of patients. Since the company is non-profit be expected to get paid around $3-$7 per hour less than any private office. The best thing about working here is that the company really does care about the underserved population, but they will use you in some way to archive their mission either it is by paying way less than the market or by keeping staff numbers down. Overall work here if you are desperate or have no experience cause they will hire anyone.
Pros
Great Vacation Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Low Pay, Old Equipment
Great place to work for
Reentry Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 14, 2019
A great company to work for. A lot of moving parts and they do their best to acknowledge their employees and although It doesn't always happen. The culture from like minded co-workers create an atmosphere for a professional yet productive and judgment free environment. it has by far been one of the best company's I have worked for in the non-profit sector. I have been doing this for 10 plus years in the field. The most challenging part of the job for me was acknowledging that their are very few raises and little to no room for advancement in my areas of expertise.
Pros
Great environment and culture
Cons
no raises and no room for advancement, just lateral positions
Beware
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 25, 2019
This "healthcare" agency is managed as a retail shop. Its about the numbers. See a million patients an hour and they are unconcerned about the quality of care; if the patient dies;if the patient gets better; if theres more time needed etc. Totally unconcerned. If a patient has numerous issues the only thing addressed is getting that patient out and the next patient in. The staff are overworked, underpaid, and treated like they are dispensable. Everyone who is an employee is constantly searching for another job, anywhere, just to get out of Wellspace. The unethical environment and lack of integrity are pervasive and insidious. Burnout occurs rapidly. And NO ONE CARES. Many wonderful, reputable employees have worked at Wellspace and left because the environment is unacceptable and could not be tolerated. Its a revolving door to work there.
Consider yourself warned....
Pros
Cons
too numerous to name
Great mission, poor execution
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 23, 2019
WellSpace employees generally work hard and do their best to serve patients in a disorganized organization. The management is constantly squeezing direct care staff to do more with less support, and no compensation or other reward for taking on additional tasks. I would say there is a lack of transparency in management, however I think they are very transparent about the bottom line, see more patients to get more money. Never mind if we are actually getting reimbursed for services rendered or if the constant squeezing compromises care and impacts patients’ continuing to utilize WellSpace for their care. Just see more patients. It creates an environment for unethical delivery of care and poor morale amongst staff.

I hope things improve for the sake of the staff and more so the sake of the abundance of patients served by WellSpace, who have continuously limited options to go elsewhere as WellSpace gobbles up more and more failing clinics and fewer health systems offer on-going care to low income, Medi-Cal patients.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Management is out of touch, poor morale among staff & providers
Great Enviroment
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJanuary 25, 2019
While working at Wellspace Health, I was able to become a Certified Medical Assistant and Medical Biller/Coder with an A.A. Degree. I have several years of clerical experience, including working in a busy work environment with multiple phone lines at large medical organization.

In addition to my extensive clerical experience, I have strong communication, customer service, office, and administrative skills. I have experience with a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and more.
Constructive feedback
Patient Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RHCJanuary 22, 2019
You can't be smart and work here, nor can you show that you are smart. They take it as a threat and people around you will shy away from you, your a threat.
Pros
Great Benefits and PTO PSL
Cons
Horrible management, favortism, unorganized, poor management
Horrible place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Worst company I have ever worked for. The clinic on Greenback in Citrus Heights is dirty, the Doctors are unprofessional and lack knowledge, misdiagnosing patients, alot of complaints from patients. The employees are catty and everyone talks behind eachother's back. The Supervisors are a joke, all they do is go outside and smoke and out to eat, you never know where they are. The training sucks, the clinic is mismanaged. They have MAS from other clinics come to help because they are so low staffed, and nobody likes them. I would describe working here like high school. They need to get new Doctors and NEW Supervisors! They can't even sanitize the rooms properly, especially after a patient with HEP C peed all over the floor after having a seizure! They didn't even wear gloves to clean up the mess! This place should be shut down!
Fun place to work
Immediate Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Overall this company does care about its patients and also it's employees. They have special programs for women's health, behavior health, dental for children and others.
Very supportive and collaborated environment
AOD Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95826November 6, 2018
Very caring and supportive team. Management encourages you to be innovative and progressive. It was my experience that the staff was always more of a collaboration the job duties.
Pros
Very accommodating with schedules
Cons
Limited advancement
Great all around
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 1, 2018
The staff at wellspace are very outgoing and love everything about their job. They make you feel welcomed and if you every need help with anything on the job you can ask, without any judgement.
This place
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
Where do I start. I was in referrals for patient services where the department is unorganized the supervisor for referrals does not listen to you and will throw you under the bus. It has been said that i do not have anyones back and you will lose your job before i lose mines. They will not spend money to fix the infrastructure of the company but are still expanding. If you complain to a supervisor about a supervisor they will come after you to fire you. Employees doing the same job are getting paid different wages meaning if you started your job and start pay was 15 the new person hired after you start pay is 17. If your supervisor likes you then you will get a raise. It is not based on your performance. I am still here to help the patients but I am considering moving on as soon as i get the experience. Hate to leave but I see if I dont I might lose my job. The only reason im still here i changed departments before my old sup could fire me she was riding me like a bull because i complained to her supervisor about her. New postions came available that was promised to me all of a sudden went away my que to change departments found my new postion on indeed for a job I already worked for should tell you alot right there about this company.
Pros
Helping people. Nice benifits, good providers
Cons
Stressful the complete meaning of the word. New employees be aware
Constant Work
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2018
Rarely had down time which is a good thing if you like a fast paced environment. Always on the go doing things. Never a dual moment. Interaction with clients all the time which helped the job become a success. Felt good to help others that had the drive to help their selves.
Good People, Good Mission, Disorganization Organization
Immediate Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2018
The management and team members are dedicated to the mission of providing quality medical, behavioral health and pediatric dental services to people with significant barriers to care. The people I’ve worked with have been nice and the company encourages a friendly workplace. The problems stem from trying to help more and more patients without refining essential “infrastructure”. The unrefined processes are gigantic issues impacting the ability to provide adequate care. Everyday I have to apologize to patients because no one can reach a person in the call center, or their specialty referrals have been completed months after the provider submitted, or they cannot get an appointment to follow up an acute matter for months.

. Now they acquired another FQHC. They couldn’t get primary care follow up visits to the patients Wellspace already services in a timely manner, then they acquired thousands more. Wellspace does great things for the community. I think they need to stop the rapid growth, and refine the key services like call center, referrals, and in many locations, update the physical plants.
Pros
Kind people, good work culture
Cons
Chaotic intenal processes interferes with crucial functions, and unsupported company growth.
fast pacced environment
Medical billing and accounts receivables (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2018
• Research/reconciled patient accounts for accurate and timely billing practices
• Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance company for payment
• Researched correspondence regarding denials
• Work with clinic staff and supervisors to insure up to date and accurate patient registration, sliding scale and
Insurance information
• Prepare, reviews and send patient billing statements
• Preforms various collection actions including contacting patient and commercial insurance by phone,
Correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
low paying salary
This what is a treatment facility
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
It's very hard place to work there was no support from other staff members you made it very hard to be happy working there. I've never worked in such an environment where other staff members Horse Show negative about clients about other employees. It seems like it wasn't about helping people anymore.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Not very much support from other staff members
Experience at WellSpace
Aerotek Telephonic LVN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2018
This place is not for everyone. One of the managers acted like a tyrant and she spoke to you like you were a child and not an adult. Just not a good place to work at. Hopefully it has improved since I left.
Worse job ever!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2018
Very unorganized, backed up with the referrals 6 months. Quality of care was very dissappointing. It sadden me to work here, having to deal with dying patients that were waiting for referrals in life and death situations and I was unable to help.
Horrible Place to work
NA (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2018
Executive Leaders do not support Managers. It is said employees are all replaceable. The CFO bullies people and creates a hostile work environment and ELT pretends it doesn't occur and allows it to happen. Other Directors are allowed to bully, gossip and complain about people in leadership roles and those Managers are singled out and treated poorly. ELT rattles off team principals but does not come close to following them. There's a huge lack of support from top down. They have lost great Leaders due to lack of support and unwillingness to make the changes necessary.
NON-competitive Pay, lack of incentives, no annual raises, lack of employee engagement.
Will work you to death without anything in return.
Upon leaving, no one showed up for my scheduled exit interview.

Listen to your Managers, Directors and Regionals. Live by example! The CFO's behavior should be dealt with. She treats managers, employees and the COO very unprofessionally. WSH is very low on morale as a whole, there is a lack of support from the top down. A huge lack of communication.
Non-profit Health Center
Dir of Facilities/Safety Coord (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2018
This organization started out as a very small free clinic with counseling services included. It evolved into a multi-site health center. Everyone has multiple responsibilities but the work is shared across teams, mostly. If you have the desire and drive, you will advance here. It is not a keep your head down atmosphere. While WellSpace used to be a much more close knot family, some things get sacrificed as growth increases.
This company little crazy with there rules.
RDA (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2018
It's really fast place. And they don't care about employee. Everything changes every day even if not require by OSha. New rule every day. Thats crazy. Vacation is good pay is very low.
Not enough for living expеnsis . They waist there money on all kind of managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpace Health. Our community is ready to answer.