WellSpace Health Culture reviews

Great place to work for
Reentry Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 14, 2019
A great company to work for. A lot of moving parts and they do their best to acknowledge their employees and although It doesn't always happen. The culture from like minded co-workers create an atmosphere for a professional yet productive and judgment free environment. it has by far been one of the best company's I have worked for in the non-profit sector. I have been doing this for 10 plus years in the field. The most challenging part of the job for me was acknowledging that their are very few raises and little to no room for advancement in my areas of expertise.
Pros
Great environment and culture
Cons
no raises and no room for advancement, just lateral positions
Very supportive and collaborated environment
AOD Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95826November 6, 2018
Very caring and supportive team. Management encourages you to be innovative and progressive. It was my experience that the staff was always more of a collaboration the job duties.
Pros
Very accommodating with schedules
Cons
Limited advancement
Good People, Good Mission, Disorganization Organization
Immediate Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2018
The management and team members are dedicated to the mission of providing quality medical, behavioral health and pediatric dental services to people with significant barriers to care. The people I’ve worked with have been nice and the company encourages a friendly workplace. The problems stem from trying to help more and more patients without refining essential “infrastructure”. The unrefined processes are gigantic issues impacting the ability to provide adequate care. Everyday I have to apologize to patients because no one can reach a person in the call center, or their specialty referrals have been completed months after the provider submitted, or they cannot get an appointment to follow up an acute matter for months.

. Now they acquired another FQHC. They couldn’t get primary care follow up visits to the patients Wellspace already services in a timely manner, then they acquired thousands more. Wellspace does great things for the community. I think they need to stop the rapid growth, and refine the key services like call center, referrals, and in many locations, update the physical plants.
Pros
Kind people, good work culture
Cons
Chaotic intenal processes interferes with crucial functions, and unsupported company growth.
This what is a treatment facility
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
It's very hard place to work there was no support from other staff members you made it very hard to be happy working there. I've never worked in such an environment where other staff members Horse Show negative about clients about other employees. It seems like it wasn't about helping people anymore.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Not very much support from other staff members
Horrible Place to work
NA (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2018
Executive Leaders do not support Managers. It is said employees are all replaceable. The CFO bullies people and creates a hostile work environment and ELT pretends it doesn't occur and allows it to happen. Other Directors are allowed to bully, gossip and complain about people in leadership roles and those Managers are singled out and treated poorly. ELT rattles off team principals but does not come close to following them. There's a huge lack of support from top down. They have lost great Leaders due to lack of support and unwillingness to make the changes necessary.
NON-competitive Pay, lack of incentives, no annual raises, lack of employee engagement.
Will work you to death without anything in return.
Upon leaving, no one showed up for my scheduled exit interview.

Listen to your Managers, Directors and Regionals. Live by example! The CFO's behavior should be dealt with. She treats managers, employees and the COO very unprofessionally. WSH is very low on morale as a whole, there is a lack of support from the top down. A huge lack of communication.
Office Politics
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  J Street, Sacramento, CAJune 30, 2018
Its been a while since I worked there, but there was major political infighting between the executives. Each would complain that the others were stupid and refuse to work with them and cancel meetings at last minute. But then they would blame the others when projects were incomplete or budgets were not met.

It is really too bad, because many of the employees were sharp and motivated. And the company does a great service for the community.
Pros
Good PTO. Feels good to help people.
Cons
Low salaries, limited parking at downtown office, executive politics.
Its challenging
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2018
We deal with a lot of different kinds of people. I have learned to stay calm through all situations. The hardest part of the job is when we help a patient and they don't want to help themselves.
Pros
Able to help many patients.
Cons
When you can't help patients.
Integrated Behavioral Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CA 95621February 9, 2018
Inspiring it was a face paced but exciting anc challenging palce to work but aos gave a real sense of prurpose and place. The ceo is great the people are great.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Good place to work. People were nice and worked well together. Staff was supportive. Leadership was supportive for most part. Would recommend people to work there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough advancement.
Productive, co workers
LEAD OF MEDICAL RECORDS (Former Employee) –  South Sacramento CADecember 11, 2017
In Medical Records we worked as a team. We were hard working and got our work for the day done on a timely manor. We were very productive each day. I would help out other departments as needed to do so.
Great place to work if you like helping people
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 17, 2014
WellSpace Health is a great place to work if you are interested in helping those who are less-fortunate or unable to help themselves. The company really goes out of it's way to ensure the health and welfare for their clients by whatever means necessary.