WellSpan Health Services Employee Reviews

Not a Good place to work.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 12, 2018
Due to management being as they are. It became hectic to work there. We were short staffed, and management didn't really try to fix the problem. People came and went on a regular basis.
externship
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2018
I was able to do my externship at WellSpan and loved it. I learned so many new things and was also able to perfect my skills I had acquired in school. The hardest part of my externship would have to be learning to use EPIC, and the most enjoyable part of my day was the patient interaction.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay is lower than most places
Very fast paced enviroment, many oppurtunities for advancement
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  3550 Concord road York, PA 17402July 9, 2018
This was a very interactive job. Not one day was the same as the next. Great co-workers. Outstanding teamwork. High expectations. Benefits were amazing.
Pros
Great communication, Awesome team work, Benefits given are hard to come by
Cons
Expectation superceeded what was humanly possible
overall a great place to work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 8, 2018
Management is great including exec director. They care about their employees and the facilities. Very stressful and fast paced. Good environment. The work was rewarding and consistent. Constant continuing education, which is nice.
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced, always short staffed
Nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 4, 2018
This is a good company to work for. The workplace culture is good and is focused on the patient and the employees. Employees are very helpful and most of them are willing to go above and beyond.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Laid off
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Coder II (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 28, 2018
Have never had any complaints about the company, supervisors are always very supportive and there are always new career oppurtunities available. Best job ever!
Wellspan Ephrata Hospital Review
Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJune 27, 2018
Wellspan Hospital in Ephrata was a great location to work at. The employees work hard to make patients happy and do as much as they can to succeed in their positions.
Great place to work.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working at WellSpan. I wish it were more diverse in every way, and I hope that one day it will be. They provide free parking, and several places to eat. There's plenty of training and staff development opportunities to help people improve their skills and possibly advance in their careers.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Not enough time off
lots of favoritism - cool passionate coworkers
OPERATING ROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 19, 2018
· Transport in-house patients to OR (Critical Traumas, NICU, ICU, Pediatrics, Surgical, Same Day)
· Deliver surgical lab specimens to designated lab areas
· Prepare patients for surgery (shaving, obtain blood products, verify surgical consents, pre-op meds)
· Transport specialty medications to OR from pharmacy
· Obtain blood products as ordered
· Mass Transfusion Protocol
· Assist in traumas (GSW, Stabbing, MVA, MCC, Multiple victims)
· Document amputations – transport to morgue
· Assist with Gift of Life transplant procedures
· Close down operating rooms
· Stock and organize scrub sinks (Surgical masks, surgical scrubs, eye protection)
· Assist with positioning of surgical patients
· Assemble operating room tables (Spine/Fracture Tables)
· Room turnover
· Decedent Care/ Coroner Cases
· Emergency Response/Rapid Response/Code Blue
· Assisted with bagging of ventilated patients during transport to and from OR/positioning during surgical procedure
· Awareness to legal sensitive cases – handling and bagging evidence
· Maintain competencies/Maintain Certifications
· Maintain awareness of new department/hospital wide policies and procedures – engage with team members on how it affects our department – strategize and implement a plan that is focused on what is safe and best for our patients (Planning for emergency situations – with only 4 FT nursing assistants we managed to assist and provide steady helping hands in 20 operating rooms)
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
parking, pay
job eliminated with no notice
Manager, Clinical Improvement (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 18, 2018
Loved my job there. If you are salaried, long hours are expected especially when deadlines are due.

Many different management styles and cultures vary depending on the facility. Lebanon is more formal then York which is more adaptable to change than Ephrata, etc.

Employees must be sensitive to varying peoples and cultures.
Was very disappointed with the loss.
Pros
Progressive ideas at York
Cons
Stressful at times
philhaven
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJune 18, 2018
i enjoyed my time here even though it tended to go by slowly at times but the children are great to work with and this is a very rewarding field as you can bond with the clients
Vulture culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  York County, PAJune 15, 2018
High school behaivior complete with "mean girls". Impotent supervisors. The company itself isn't bad, I would suggest being informed and choosing your work location wisely. Benefits and salary are competitive.
Benefits
Cons
Workplace culture can be toxic
Focused on the patient, not employees
Patient Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJune 15, 2018
Unfortunately, some hospitals within WellSpan are more focused on patient care that they seem to compromise employee satisfaction. There seems to a disconnect between providing quality and safety patient care and having enough resources to do so.
Fantastic work environment
Radiology Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA 17325June 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Wellspan Network for 18 years I have nothing but high regards for this company. They treated all employees fairly and across the board and looked out constantly for their employees best interests
Pros
Benefits, Vacation, Safe work environment
Cons
if short staff the hours could get tedious
Only good thing they offer are the benefits
York Hospital Staffer and scheduler (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 7, 2018
Doesn't show staff appreciation for their willingness to learn and grow. They don't like to hear anyone's opinion, it's their way or no way. Not all staff is treated fairly. York Hospital has become corporate and staff is now just a number.
Fun volunteer for expierince
Receptionist, Doctor and Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 4, 2018
Greet patients, Give directions to visitors and patients to the appropriate areas within the hospital. Follow orders given to me and fulfill them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Free lunches
Work experience
Physician Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 2, 2018
Working for Wellspan Health has many opportunities for growth within the company. The work hours are convenient and provide a helpful life balance outside of work.
Great company
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 22, 2018
In leadership the typical day usually consists of meetings (usually too many, however necessary evil.) The culture is great, the management that I have experienced is great. There are lots of flexibility benefits when you are in management at this company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lots of work
Great organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMay 22, 2018
A lot of opportunity for advancement. Diverse population to care for, providing the opportunity to learn various skills. Management is very encouraging and helpful.
Complete
Physicians Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 20, 2018
My workday varied. For the most part I enjoyed working at WELLSPAN. I found the providers, CRNP's, and PA's to be very professional. I found it difficult to advance within the company. When i would contact Human Resources they would say there were many many candidates that applied for the position. it was frustrating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight