WellSpan Health
65Average

WellSpan Health Employee Reviews

United States609 reviews
Management's
The management is in flux due to previous management problems. My current manager works very hard to not provide opportunity for growth and advancement.
Working as One
I truly enjoy working at WellSpan. The leadership is great, my boss was wonderful. I learned a lot from her, felt part of a great team. Lots of educational opportunities, room for advancement and growth.
productive and fast pace enviornment
Management is iffy but the benefits and pay with Wellspan are good. They do a variety of events to make their employees feel appreciated. The food in the kitchen is good.
Employee support could be better.
Not as supportive of employees injured on the job as you would think a healthcare organization should be. Benefits for part time employees should not cost more than for full time employees.
Senior leadership weak
Senior leadership is untrustworthy. Everyone is trying to protect their position post metger. All of the culture has changed and many employees are gone. Wellspan doesn't

care about Summit employees.
Cons
Constant disdain for Summit employees. Summit leaders only care for themselves.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great coworkers
I enjoy my job but unfortunately there is not enough help to complete work requirements. Do not feel that I am compensated correctly for the hard work I do. Wellspan does provide great health care package.
Fun
It is a good place to work. Very good benefits and it tries to be diverse. Management is always fair or considerate however, this is not all the time but it is to a point where it is frustrating and it causes employees to quit or transfer to another department. We do not get paid enough for the hard work that we do it is barely livable.
Wellspan Clinical Review Assistant
Wonderful company to work for! Really cares for it's employees as well as the patients! Very understanding and accommodating to all. They made me feel like I was a part of their family!
Pros
PRN flexible work times
Poor company
Greedy company. Only care about the bottom dollar. No advancement opportunities. Don't care about employees. Management not good. ....................
Nice place to work
It was a nice place to work and often held events to help employees feel included inside a large corporation. The practice I worked for really did put their patients first and always showed appreciation to their employees.
Working for the benefits, don't expect more than that
The benefits and hours are great. Higher ups / HR treat you like a number. Cares more about community reputation and money than employees. The most greedy non-profit
Working as one!
The management is consistent from message to action. The culture is supportive, fair, innovative, value driven. There is a warm team atmosphere that includes everyone. Patient care and safety is a singular focus.
great atmosphere and teamwork
a great place to work at, friendly environment. Love to interact with my coworkers and patients. I would definitely recommend to anyone seeking a job.
The benefits
Wellspan offers wonderful health, dental and vision benefits for both the employee and their family. Wellness benefits include massage and acupuncture as well.
Poor company
Poor management , lack integrity. They don’t follow their own procedures. It is a good old boys club. Cover for the poor/bad being done. You need to fit into their broken system, don’t try and fix it.
Great place to work. I have been with the system 23 years and have had many opportunities to advance within the system. Good benefits and vacation time.
productive workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day. At work, there were plenty of opportunities to go above and beyond and interact with other providers to lead to a productive team environment.
Its okay
Where things get busy it is very hectic. Very fast paced. Some management has favorites. Gives you opportunity to move to a different department after 1 year.
A generally pleasant place to work with a generally unreasonable attendance policy
My experience in my everyday job role was, overall, enjoyable. Management had my back when I needed them to, and I received adequate support and encouragement from my direct supervisor. I feel I could have been better compensated for the amount/complexity of the work I did, but the work itself was rewarding.

However.....

My biggest complaint is in regards to Wellspan's attendance policy on the corporate level (which I realize my direct superiors had no control over). Rather than scaling their points system to the offense, you are penalized a full point (out of a maximum of six) whether you clock in one second late, or whether you call out two days in a row. It also takes a full 6 months to drop one point from your record, which really sets you up for failure once you've accumulated, say, 4 or 5, because lets be honest, life happens. In the meantime, I saw certain providers arriving 30 minutes late to their first appointment of the day, almost every single day, with no consequences (because they aren't expendable, of course). Oh, and no sick days! That's right, providers are allowed to call out if they are sick, but the medical assistants and other office staff who are exposed to the exact same pathogens can't take a sick day without being penalized on their attendance.

The end result is a situation where it doesn't matter how hard you work for the company, if you clock in a few seconds late too many times, you're out. In the time that I was there, I saw a number of extremely valuable and diligent coworkers terminated because of this heavy-handed policy, while
 - more...
Always diverse
Wellspan, as a whole, offers an excellent benefit package, however the salary could definitely be increased for the tasks that are completed and the situations that arise at times.
Organization about profits, not individuals
Unethical and production driven patient care. Quantity over quality. There seems to be no employees who actually enjoy working there aside from good benefits. Experienced being lied to, harassed, unsupportive environment, taken advantage of, discrimination against those with disabilities, being told employees are 'just a number' it doesn't matter if you have children, school, responsibilities outside work. Very unfortunate when told upon hire something totally different than what transpired. Would not recommend as a good company to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight