WellSpan Health Employee Reviews

Wellspan’s fast paced burn out rate
Rehabilitation medicine (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 19, 2018
Overall the mission of Wellspan is great. They really do put patients first and work toward a common goal, interdisciplinary collaboration was stellar. However work life balance is not important to supervisors and it’s very catty. People ask how you’re doing so they can gossip about it not because they really care. As a large company now you’re just a number and everyone is replaceable
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Poor work life balance, high work load, not enough staff from high turn over secondary to poor management
stay away from transport supervisor 2nd shift
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 18, 2018
patient transport is a slave mill, watch out for KB second shift supervisor and he hates you carrying a cell phone and has spies and friends around hospital that watch and narc of you. Very clicky place to work. Stressful job and you need to do 3 jobs per hour. Pay sucks and so do uniforms. Stay away. It is not work the hassle and the KB carries a gun on his lower pants leg, concealed. They dont care.
Pros
benefitd
Cons
everything sucks
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 9, 2018
Great facility and amazing benenfits. Working together makes everything go a lot faster. Looking for a quick way into the medical field then this is the place for you.
Extremely rewarding to volunteer here, can be competitive in summer to get a position
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 9, 2018
I was a summer volunteer for WellSpan and the experience was truly gratifying. It is so rewarding to make such a different in patients’ lives. I would definitely recommend being a volunteer here. Interviews are conducted to select student volunteers in the summer to ensure that the individual is passionate and caring.
Pros
Free lunches, Parking
The tough issues make it a diffucult place to work.
Surgery Services Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 7, 2018
I really enjoy my job and interacting with patients and their families. I like working with our surgeons and 99% of the staff. My supervisor is the problem.She refuses to act on recurring issues that need to be fixed. It is sad and there is a large turnover here for that reason.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no correction of problems
Atypical position
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 6, 2018
IT is a minority here since it is a health system. A lot of constraints and management in this case was not very caring. Did learn a lot but only stayed 3 years which from my work history is not typical.
Nice place to work
Physician Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 30, 2018
Answered phones routed callers and took messages
Scheduled patient appointments and scheduled for patients with other providers/facilities
Performed various duties effective with the check-out patients
Pros
fellow staff members
Excellent team environment.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 29, 2018
Coworkers strive to support patients and other staff to ensure the highest quality patient care. Physicians work closely with staff to ensure best patient outcomes.
Challenging
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 28, 2018
Hospital work includes mandatory and voluntary overtime, working weekends and holidays. I had 2 supervisors who were wonderful and various others who were rated awful to terrible. We experienced many updated programs and constant change and growth, which was educational and allowed professional growth. I was planning to retire from WellSpan at age 62, but upon implementing Epic, my job was outsourced and I was forced to take early retirement. Epic has changed WellSpan in many ways, none of which are good. The hospital is now providing healthcare according to the bottom dollar, which has cost many people their jobs and put more work on whom is left.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Outsourced my job
okay
Sr Medical Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 25, 2018
I liked my job until Epic. Epic changed my job completely and increased my workload by 50%. The organization will not approve increasing our staff but keep increasing the components of the system my department is responsible for. This company does not pay well at all but the benefits are good. My manager is component but insecure and does not directly answer questions at times. There are no bonuses or incentives. I am happy for the experience I have gained but that is it.
Cons
salary
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 24, 2018
Low stress, work at your own pace with attainable quotas to meet.
Positive work environment. Management strives to make it a friendly work space. Benefits are great !
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 24, 2018
Great benefits , great teamwork. Thee is always room to grow and many opportunities available. They offer tuition assistance, 401k and leave abcense for Job security
no comment
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 17, 2018
Mixed emotion about job opportunities. education reimbursement different and less for non-nursing employees. lean practices in use with good mentoring for managers.
Not a Good place to work.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 12, 2018
Due to management being as they are. It became hectic to work there. We were short staffed, and management didn't really try to fix the problem. People came and went on a regular basis.
externship
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2018
I was able to do my externship at WellSpan and loved it. I learned so many new things and was also able to perfect my skills I had acquired in school. The hardest part of my externship would have to be learning to use EPIC, and the most enjoyable part of my day was the patient interaction.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay is lower than most places
Very fast paced enviroment, many oppurtunities for advancement
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  3550 Concord road York, PA 17402July 9, 2018
This was a very interactive job. Not one day was the same as the next. Great co-workers. Outstanding teamwork. High expectations. Benefits were amazing.
Pros
Great communication, Awesome team work, Benefits given are hard to come by
Cons
Expectation superceeded what was humanly possible
overall a great place to work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 8, 2018
Management is great including exec director. They care about their employees and the facilities. Very stressful and fast paced. Good environment. The work was rewarding and consistent. Constant continuing education, which is nice.
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced, always short staffed
Nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 4, 2018
This is a good company to work for. The workplace culture is good and is focused on the patient and the employees. Employees are very helpful and most of them are willing to go above and beyond.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Laid off
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Coder II (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 28, 2018
Have never had any complaints about the company, supervisors are always very supportive and there are always new career oppurtunities available. Best job ever!
Wellspan Ephrata Hospital Review
Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJune 27, 2018
Wellspan Hospital in Ephrata was a great location to work at. The employees work hard to make patients happy and do as much as they can to succeed in their positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health. Our community is ready to answer.