WellSpan Health Employee Reviews

Nasty employees
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PADecember 5, 2018
I went there as a traveler. very unfriendly staff..hostile. nasty, unhelpful
wasn't welcomed or appreciated for my knowledge..treated like a child by staff.

sent on wild goose chases for things by PACU nursses
Pros
easy job
Cons
nasty people
20 cent raises are ridiculous. Management it pitiful.
worker (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 5, 2018
They make the rules up as they go along. Nit picking employees. It's become an assembly line. Get them in then get them out. No money for raises unless you're a nurse.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Terrible raises, unfair advancement
Great benefits and AWESOME boss
Equipment Technician II (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 4, 2018
I do love my family at work! My boss is great and the culture within the system is good. Communication is always something that needs work across the system, but it's getting better!
N/a
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 30, 2018
WellSpan was unlike any job before. Very face paced. Lots of team work. Support from all the staff and faculty across the hospital. I would recommend WellSpan as a place of employment to many, many people.
Decent place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 15, 2018
Wellspan is a better than average company to work for. The benefits are fantastic. If you are not a nurse, however, you are not compensated fairly. There are far more opportunities for nurses than any other position within this company.
I love working with people and helping them.
Physician Office Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Apple Hill Medical Center York PANovember 8, 2018
My job with Wellspan Health offers me the opportunity to provide quality care to people of the community. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.
management sucks
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  york paNovember 8, 2018
no advancement and always get put down , benefits are nice. but depends on what area you are in my dept has one set of rules for the supervisor and another for the employees. rulews change on the drop of a hat
Not Recommended
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PANovember 1, 2018
There were a lot of high hopes coming into this establishment. However, none of these hopes were realized. There is no teamwork or sense of belonging on this unit. The lack of leadership has already driven away so many employees, and I am sure more will follow suit. There is a definite divide between clinical and nursing, with no solutions in sight.
Fun and positive work environment
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 26, 2018
I loved that it was such a positive place to work. They had a "no vent zone" policy so you didnt hear a bunch of negative comments and attitudes in the public areas. My supervisor and leads were always available for help and just made everyday a great place to come to work. If I hadnt had to move out of state i never would have left Wellspan.
Pros
Positive attitudes, great benefits.
Cons
I have none.
Relaxed office atmosphere and indpendent work life
Behavior Specialist Consultant, BHRS (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 25, 2018
Independent work
Love the flexibility of the job
Understanding management
Enjoy planning my own schedule and being able to flex times
Do not work Fridays due to working 10+ hours Monday through Thursday
Pros
Paid trainings
Cons
mandatory quotas
Ultrasound Technologist II (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 22, 2018
The limitations of excelling within the WellSpan Ultrasound Department is why I’m considering obtaining a job elsewhere. I would definitely recommend working for WellSpan to initiate your career experience.
Pros
As an overall company, WellSpan treats their employees well
Cons
Hierarchy of the department that exists
Employer needs work
Patient Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 16, 2018
Typical days work, dealing with patients, taking payments, dealing with insurance companies, and other doctors offices
I learned not to trust anyone
Management needs alot of work on their compassion, work place was always tense
Hardest part of the job was the back stabbing of management
Friends that I made was an enjoyable part of my job and getting to help the patiens
Pros
Friendly patients
Challenging Healthcare Operations Administrator Position with WellSpan Health
WellSpan Medical Group Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 14, 2018
Responsible position that offers opportunity to work with both the
Service Line and Medical Group within WellSpan. In the position I held as an Operations Administrator, I worked with several different specialties with practices across 5 different counties. I had direct contact with physicians, Advanced Practice Clinicians, administrators and managers. In addition, I had responsibilities in the areas of Process Improvement, Planning and Marketing, Finance, and Facilities.

The best part of my job was the building of relationships with the
managers that were my direct reports. I always respected the managers and sincerely wanted them to do their best. I supported their efforts and provided constructive feedback as needed.
It is the part I miss most about my job.

WellSpan provides excellent benefits and I was able to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement and completed my college education objectives while working at WellSpan.
Pros
Opportunity to be involved in building projects that provide new services within the communities.
Cons
Sometimes the lengh of time it takes to make a decision, given the number of stakeholders, can be a negative.
Strict
Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 3, 2018
Wellspan is a great company to work for! Although they are picky about who is hired , very strict / not understanding with absences or tardiness , they offer great benefits. The work environment itself is very fast paced and never a dull moment!
Pros
Benefits & Fast paced.
Cons
Management can be rude or not understanding, not enough hours for Part-time employees.
Can not really imagine a better job
Childbirth Educator (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2018
I do my job because I love what I do, I love having the flexibility and I love getting opportunities to learn/teach new subjects. Wellspan has allowed me to do all that.I have nothing but great things to say about the management that I have worked under while at Wellspan. The only reason I would consider adding or moving my position is I am unable, as a PRN employee, to get all the hours I need and because I have been doing this for 20 years and would like to branch out a little.
Pros
Great staff.co-workers, good support, decent pay
Cons
PRN 0 position does not guarantee seniority or hours
AH is fast paced and easy to make mistakes
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2018
Pharmacy Manager doesn't supervise well. Some employees were just really rude to coworkers and customers and its never addressed. Not organized at all
Pros
Busy which is what i enjoy
Cons
No breaks just 30 min lunch, no organization, no room for advancement in rx dept
So far so good
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 24, 2018
I have been working for WellSpan health for nearly 4 years and so far I have had good experiences all-around. Staff is friendly and all jobs are within my ability range. Benefits are super quality and very affordable for the family as well. I definitely intend to stay here for the remainder of my career.
supportive team work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 21, 2018
working at wellspan has been the most positive and rewarding of all my work experience. I strive to re-join the wellspan family. As an external candidate the selection process for new opportunities is a challenge with the competition of internal candidates. although I support internal promotion and succession planning I also am hopeful to be given the consideration for positions that match my qualifications.
Pros
collaborative
Cons
external candidate
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits. Change in leadership and the change in the politics of my department are why I am trying to leave. Not enough upper management positions available.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management positions few and far in between
Mission guided health care organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 18, 2018
Provides the best health care package I have ever had. Financially stable health care company currently under growth period. All care mission guided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight