WellSpan Health Employee Reviews

Employer needs work
Patient Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 16, 2018
Typical days work, dealing with patients, taking payments, dealing with insurance companies, and other doctors offices
I learned not to trust anyone
Management needs alot of work on their compassion, work place was always tense
Hardest part of the job was the back stabbing of management
Friends that I made was an enjoyable part of my job and getting to help the patiens
Pros
Friendly patients
Strict
Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 3, 2018
Wellspan is a great company to work for! Although they are picky about who is hired , very strict / not understanding with absences or tardiness , they offer great benefits. The work environment itself is very fast paced and never a dull moment!
Pros
Benefits & Fast paced.
Cons
Management can be rude or not understanding, not enough hours for Part-time employees.
Can not really imagine a better job
Childbirth Educator (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2018
I do my job because I love what I do, I love having the flexibility and I love getting opportunities to learn/teach new subjects. Wellspan has allowed me to do all that.I have nothing but great things to say about the management that I have worked under while at Wellspan. The only reason I would consider adding or moving my position is I am unable, as a PRN employee, to get all the hours I need and because I have been doing this for 20 years and would like to branch out a little.
Pros
Great staff.co-workers, good support, decent pay
Cons
PRN 0 position does not guarantee seniority or hours
AH is fast paced and easy to make mistakes
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2018
Pharmacy Manager doesn't supervise well. Some employees were just really rude to coworkers and customers and its never addressed. Not organized at all
Pros
Busy which is what i enjoy
Cons
No breaks just 30 min lunch, no organization, no room for advancement in rx dept
So far so good
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 24, 2018
I have been working for WellSpan health for nearly 4 years and so far I have had good experiences all-around. Staff is friendly and all jobs are within my ability range. Benefits are super quality and very affordable for the family as well. I definitely intend to stay here for the remainder of my career.
supportive team work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 21, 2018
working at wellspan has been the most positive and rewarding of all my work experience. I strive to re-join the wellspan family. As an external candidate the selection process for new opportunities is a challenge with the competition of internal candidates. although I support internal promotion and succession planning I also am hopeful to be given the consideration for positions that match my qualifications.
Pros
collaborative
Cons
external candidate
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits. Change in leadership and the change in the politics of my department are why I am trying to leave. Not enough upper management positions available.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management positions few and far in between
Mission guided health care organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 18, 2018
Provides the best health care package I have ever had. Financially stable health care company currently under growth period. All care mission guided.
nice place to work
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 17, 2018
good benefits and overall nice place to work. could use more staffing though. Departments for the most part work well together. Some top notch physicians.
Quality of management has decreased
employee (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 13, 2018
Most departments will work with you on personal needs, depends on the manager/supervisor. Benefits are good overall, however, they have diminished to suit the political directions in the last 3-4 years and healthcare regulations. Staff appreciation, dedication has been dwindling, due to micromanagement/poor management in many departments, that is not address by upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Morale
Bad employee staff ratio
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PASeptember 10, 2018
Working for wellspan was a good experiance but as an aide, I was one aide to 15 to sometimes a whole floor of patients and no help from nurses and managers. 2 East was not a very good organized floor to work on
Benefits cannot be beat
Physician's Office Assistant OBGYN (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 6, 2018
Wellspan's benefits cannot be beat. I love working for Wellspan because it's patient-centric. If I can make a patient's day better, I'm all for that!
Pros
patient-centric mission, benefits
Graet benefits
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 5, 2018
A typical day was busy from the moment I walked in the door, it started off w/ tons of discharges and I liked the fast pace. You met a lot of people and a lot of people got to know me from working on the floors. There was nothing hard about this job I adored and took great pride in my job.
Pros
Enjoyed my job and the staff
Cons
good
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 28, 2018
good place to work, good pay and benefits for the time I was there. Left for a more local opportunity. Would recommend this hospital for employment.
I truly enjoyed working as a patient rep in the ER
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 27, 2018
I truly enjoyed working as a patient rep in the ER. Having the opportunity to work with families, patients and the ER staff on all levels. To provide comfort and understanding through whatever that was needed. The hardest part of the job watching a family go through the grieving process. The best part of the job, seeing a patient recover and the relief on a family members face knowing their love one will be okay.
Pros
Enjoy working with my team and assisting families.
Cons
Some of management didn't understand our purpose.
Excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant - PR & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 22, 2018
Very good management and communication, especially in a large organization. Typical challenges in an increasingly competitive healthcare field. Excellent benefits.
fantastic company to work for
Certified Interventional Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 22, 2018
great stable work environment
great patient care
everyday was a new learning experience which i loved a bout health care
hardest part of the job was parking
Wellspan’s fast paced burn out rate
Rehabilitation medicine (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 19, 2018
Overall the mission of Wellspan is great. They really do put patients first and work toward a common goal, interdisciplinary collaboration was stellar. However work life balance is not important to supervisors and it’s very catty. People ask how you’re doing so they can gossip about it not because they really care. As a large company now you’re just a number and everyone is replaceable
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Poor work life balance, high work load, not enough staff from high turn over secondary to poor management
stay away from transport supervisor 2nd shift
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 18, 2018
patient transport is a slave mill, watch out for KB second shift supervisor and he hates you carrying a cell phone and has spies and friends around hospital that watch and narc of you. Very clicky place to work. Stressful job and you need to do 3 jobs per hour. Pay sucks and so do uniforms. Stay away. It is not work the hassle and the KB carries a gun on his lower pants leg, concealed. They dont care.
Pros
benefitd
Cons
everything sucks
Poor Phlebotomy Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAAugust 12, 2018
Manager of the Phlebotomists is the main reason I left this job. Co-workers and patients were the best parts of the job.
Work included drawing specimen based off of doctor's orders. Going to nursing homes to collect specimen. Working in the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health. Our community is ready to answer.