WellSpan Health

WellSpan Health Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative4 reviews

hospitalpatientyorkbenefithealthmedicalphysiciancare

Great place to work.

Called patients to get orders for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Put their requests in computer. Also made sure they ate proper food for their diets.

Outstanding opportunity

Great entry level position for medical with all the benefits and flexibility. Options to move up, work from home and pursue additional training. This company really cares about you.

WellSpan Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Excellent work experience

Busy ... always work to be done which I love. Also very much enjoy patient contact.

Overworked, Understaffed & Underpaid

Being managed by the Billing/Customer Service Dept. (which is located at a separate office building) This department is run by managers who do not care about their employees. Once I was hired I had found out that my position had been a revolving door. I was encouraged to communicate any problems or concerns I had; that former employees failed to do so which led to their poor performance. Early on I noticed serious operational problems with the position and brought this up as soon as appropriate. I was initially praised, then thrown under a bus. I found out that my issues and concerns had been brought up before, yet nothing was done to make improvements. The empty promises of having an office assistant and workers at other office locations to help with the case load was soon followed by threats of termination. The department threatens all employees with termination to manipulate them into taking on as much work as they feel necessary. One way they do this is by extending probationary periods for new employees, so that can can hang fear of termination over their head. Instead of motivating the employee to work harder and WITH management, it creates the Us Vs Them mentality and you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know it's only a matter of time before you are terminated; when it is suitable for the department to cover your position- then placing the burden on other employees.

Pros

york hospital employees were very friendly

Cons

lack of training, very stressful and not a stable position, management does not care about their employees and are only out for themselves, management can not be trusted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare WellSpan Health with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US