Wellspring Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

OK place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 20, 2019
Ok place to work for. I believe it would be better if the immediate supervisor would allow you you to work with other people in the company. If we are allowed as individuals to work with other people, you can be allowed to grow
Great people to work with
Student (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 9, 2019
You meet a bunch of new people and make new relationships.
Laundry, house cleaning, meal prep, transportation to and from appointments, vitals, and much more. Anything they needed, I provided.
Wellspring was a great place to work because everyone was part of the team.
Foster Care Navigator/PRIDE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIApril 23, 2019
A typical day at work was me coming in an hour early to get a start on my day while it was still quiet. During my employment at Wellspring I learned how to work as a team player and I learned how to write reviews and reports to the state, how to lead a training and how to help families navigate the foster care system. The hardest part of the job was hearing the stories from case managers about children coming into foster care. The most enjoyable part was either licensing a new foster parent or seeing a child returned home to their family.
Pros
Team mentality
Cons
Low salary
Personal Assistance
Personal Assistance Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 8, 2019
I always enjoy meeting new client's and learning about their life's. Running errands, helping with bathing, chords or companionship. The hardest part is having a client pass away.
Pros
Meeting new client's
Cons
Client's passing away
Wellspring
RN (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIApril 7, 2019
Nice environment for the residents. Could benefit from having a manager more involved in the care besides when the state is in the building. The hardest part was deaf.
Working at Wellspring Lutheran Services
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 2, 2019
My typical day at work consist of doing home visits. I have learned that every family has their own specific needs without judging their current circumstance of needs. This type of employment allows us direct support worker to be flexible to the clients schedule.

My work place culture is very diverse and inviting, I am privileged to work with such a diverse population. Not only do I respect my collogues but, we have compassion for one another's cases and collaborate together on team meeting "Case Discussions" in order to best serve the families.

One of the hardest part of my job has been when families are not willing to make the changes needed in order to keep their children safe at home. Yet, the most enjoyable park of my work is seeing the family grow and make changes in order to stay together.

At the end of the day I would highly recommend anyone to work for Wellspring Lutheran Services.
Fun to work for but
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 20, 2019
I love working with my clients and co workers but I was promise a lot more hours than I am getting. I would stay with them for good if I could get the hours I was promised
Enjoyable place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairview, MIFebruary 28, 2019
This is a great place to work very friendly staff. Management is very easy to approach if you have any concerns. Nursing management is always willing to lend a hand out on the floor. They keep moral up with impromptu games to keep the atmosphere fun. The administrator is often out on the floor chatting with residents & staff members. The facility is on the smaller size which makes it more personable. Scheduling does a fantastic job at trying to work with you if you need a day off. Residents are the most enjoyable part of the job. Wages and benefits are good.
Great Place to Work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairview, MIFebruary 22, 2019
Im a CNA. Its not an easy job, but Wellspring tries to make it the best they can. I see managers working on the nursing floor all the time, trying to make things better, they come in on nights and weekends too. I love the residents the most.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
its a tough job but worth it.
Unless you like to get written up and pointed out for working hard DO NOT APPLY!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 13, 2019
MANAGEMENT SUCKS every one should be fired they are miserable creatures they sit around all day plotting on how to get you fired!! Get a lawyer before you work here! Please just AVOID ITS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
It all started here
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 6, 2019
When I first started the staffed welcomed me and put me under their wings and molded a structured foundation for me this was where I started I loved working their I was actually excited to go to work and I improved daily I owe this place everything they have given me reason to embrace the field and to continue further
social service with no direct client care its a dream come true
Foster Care Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 16, 2019
I am very lucky I interviewed for this position and was hired.
I had no idea I would not be directly working with clients or foster kids. thank goodness. The worst part of any social service job is working directly with people and the demands of possibly letting them down or failing. I work alone almost every day being a foster care recruiter is like being a salesman. i am a terrible salesman so i have been paralyzed with fear for months. but possibly many new hires are terrified. the only downside is the fear of failing to recruit. my manager is great. my manager has so many responsibilities and issues to deal with - leave me alone most of the time. The only problem I foresee is I wont be hired by any local agencies if im let go for failing to recruit. but I have hope. each time a new possible foster parent signs up I think I may just make it. wellspring is a fine company to work for in that they have been supportive of my work efforts.
Pros
work alone. no stress. no co worker bullies for the most part. no one can do me professional harm.
Cons
could fail at the job, humiliation at possible failure, all other local agencies will know if you are terminated
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I absolutely hated my life when I worked there. Management treats you awfully and doesn’t bother to step in and help out. They over exaggerate everything. The administrator has no health care experience and is blatantly rude and disrespectful. Has no idea what he’s doing. Full of tattle tales and snitches. If your not from the area, Native American or of Amish relation; you’re an outcast. Some residents are out right nasty and will lie to get you in trouble. There was nurse who mandated for a 16 hour shift but was forced to work 22 hours when they couldn’t find a replacement and all of management that had there nursing licenses refused to step up. Scheduling was terrible and constantly short staffed. All the other CNA’s are horrifically judgements. They fire good people and believe anything there told.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Location, Co-Workers, Favoritism
It was Okay
Families First Worker (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 7, 2019
The management was largely criticized for the job they were supervising. It was their fault. The job didn't lend itself to a good work life balance. Overall they were okay, but you got what you signed up for.
Worst job ever
FTBS Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 5, 2019
Poor training, does not pay well I was barley getting by with the pay I was offered on top of it benefits were costly. This was the worst job I’ve ever had.
Do NOT work here!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Go somewhere else to work. Even if you have to drive a little further, it's not worth it to come here. The only thing that makes it bearable is the residents. Management is absolutely horrendous. Nobody who works in management here should be. Constantly short staffed (managers never help of course.) Yelled at all shift by managers who sit in their offices. There is no teamwork and some of the workers act like they've never worked a day in their lives. Benefits are decent but pay is atrocious for the amount of work you do. Oh and favoritism galore. If the DON likes you, you can show up to work whenever and do whatever you like. Absolutely do NOT recommend.
Pros
Residents, decent benefits
Cons
Pay, management, mandation, demeaning
active
Bus Driver, activities division (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 9, 2018
activities division had a great work environment. Every person had a roll in keeping a positive work attitude. Everyone worked together as a team to keep updates.
Pros
Free field trips
Cons
as a bus driver, no appointments, no work
Neutral
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 30, 2018
This company has its drawbacks just as any company as well as strong positive attributes. There’s not much room for advancement nor is it encouraged by staff. Management is very snotty and play favorites.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Point system
Fun. Nice clients.
Patient Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 30, 2018
Okay job. Need a second one on the side though. No room for advancement. I feel that care givers there should be paid more considering all of the work that we have to do, if you do it thoroughly and well.
working from home had its perks
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 20, 2018
Great to work from home but only had 1 week of training in the office the first week. Pretty easy to get webinars but hard to close non-profit. Budgets change all the time for companies.
Pros
Working at home w/ kind of a flexible schedule
Cons
hard to close non-profit business and not enough leads.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellspring Lutheran Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9