WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,112 reviews matching the search See all 1,117 reviews
Love it
Registered Nurse in Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 16, 2018
WellStar is a great company to work for. The benefits are wonderful. The overall attitude of the company is very positive and every team member has opportunities to be recognized for hard work.
Love my company
Lead Outreach Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 12, 2018
I love my company and have no intentions on leaving. I'm Just seeking part time work with an opportunity for more growth in my field. Looking to be exposed to other entities of my field and of course another source of income.
Low Pay
Labor & Delivery RN Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 10, 2018
this company was good at short-staffing to save money. their training for new hires wasn't great either. i think with this company the experience depends a lot on the staff and the culture of the location you work for. the pay was just standard pay. i did feel that the pay did not reflect the amount of work done.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans, career progression programs, along with our nationally recognized benefits. We have many new opportunities for team members and potential team members across the system. We encourage you to check out https://www.wellstar.org/community/documents/wellstar-community-benefits-report.pdf to learn more.

Dictatorship instead of Partnership that was promised
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 8, 2018
We were told they would take our best practices from West Georgia Health System and blend with WellStar's best practices and this was not true. WellStar came in and micromanaged every aspect and dismantled practically everything. Physicians and staff from every department are leaving due to their heavy handed practices,
Pros
Nothing about WellStar is a pro.
Cons
Hipocritical and doesn't respect your time. All benefits were located on the north side of Atlanta.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring all our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

overall good place to work
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 7, 2018
Good place work. High turnover but moral is high. Compensation can be better for the work that is being done. Benefits are good and reasonably priced based on compensation.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your dedication to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Fun place to work.
Perioperative Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 6, 2018
What I like is that are many different ethnicities that work for WellStar. They have some many perks that you can take advantage of not only for you but also for your family.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your hard work!

ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2018
This tool can be useful for games like Pictionary or MadLibs. Since the words are random, this helps to keep a game like Pictionary fair for all those playing. For a game like MadLibs, it can help kids improve their vocabulary by generating words they may not have ever considered to fill in the blank spaces. The tool has the potential to help with any word game that doesn't require a specific word.
wellstar summary
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Wellstar is a great place to work. The management team in the departments I worked in was great. I hope to be able to work there again. Wellstar has taught me a lot in the 19 years I worked there and provided me with the tools needed and the classes to be able to do my job. the most enjoyable part about working there was to be able to help others and we was a work family and I knew my job and enjoyed doing it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible to try to get your job back or any job there.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

Boring
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Worked as a temp in the accounts payable department and was often very bored and didnt have enough work. Quiet and sometimes tense environment but rather easy work.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and we have many new opportunities for team members and potential team members across the system. We encourage you to check out Careers.WellStar.org to view all of our available opportunities.

ok place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 30, 2018
very stressful. management don't care about you. as long as you come to work they could care less about your personal life. managment makes the job harder than what it is
benefits
Cons
everything else
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our team members and understand that our employees are the key to our success.

Great team members
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed the team environment. Work and home balance is appreciated. Was able to work on a variety of projects and make contributions in many different areas.
Pros
Good management
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your hard work!

wellstar health
Patient Access Specialist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 27, 2018
Loved being in the "back office" I would bring the registration cart to the patients and they would give me all the information needed to get them registered. I got to see A lot of stuff that was neat one guy came in and has is forearm hanging barley hanging on. I loved being able to talk to these pts who were sick and hurting and trying to make them feel just a little better with my smile and humor!
Pros
you really get to help people no matter your role
Cons
night shift is horrible.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate all of your contributions!

great environment
Nursing Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 22, 2018
lways positive and I enjoy working with my coworkers, they bring good vibes and the willingness to help others - a great staff to work with and caring.
Pros
free parking

Wellstar
Service Desk Analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 20, 2018
I love this company! It has great benefits and you are paid what you deserve. Great advancement opportunities. I would recommend anyone to join the team.

Department
GI Scheduler/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 19, 2018
The department I worked in was great. My only downside to this company or better yet my department is the down time. My position allows me to be bored at times.

I schedule out patient procedures
I have learned the health records system EPIC
Management was okay
The culture of the workplace was delightful.
The hardest part of my job is the slow period
The most enjoyable is the independence that I have.
July 11, 2018

Great nurses to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 18, 2018
Nurses are awesome
Friendly environment and very educated system
Stay busy since Wellstar bought out tenet which is a nice change
Love the new equipment and new upgrades to the hospital
Pros
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Cons
Pay not so great
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members by ensuring they have the resources they need to be successful.

The best place to grow
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 17, 2018
I worked for WellStar for several years in a couple different units. I was very happy with each place that I worked. I felt I had management who truly cared for the staff, and I was proud to work for the health system. WellStar is such an expansive system now that, if you are not satisfied in your current position, you can always try something new and easily transfer to another department/unit/facility. I learned so much while working here, and feel I was greatly encouraged to do so and to grow professionally. I had opportunities to participate in programs that would offer me skills and education all the time, whether it be journal club, shared governance, skills days, etc. I believe WellStar truly values their nurses and wants them to thrive and stay. The only reason I left was due to a relocation.
Pros
flexible schedules, decent pay, career growth
Cons
WellStar specific medical benefits with high deductibles
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate your contributions. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

Great day at work what to expect
Diet Host (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work is busy loading the cart with food to each patients on floors. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients get better and go home.
Pros
The hospital benefits.
Cons
The food in good.

Trauma
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 12, 2018
I have really enjoyed and learned a lot on the Trauma/Surgery ICU unit. Management has been understanding about school obligations as well. we get to self schedule which is nice when you have a life outside of work!
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
high acuity
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members by ensuring they have growth and development opportunities as well as the resources they need to be successful.

Good
CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 12, 2018
Great place to work, if relocating to the area. A typical day was very fast paced and changed often. The management was fair. I wish we had PTAoand Sick or at least paid holidays. PTO was used for EVERYTHING, which is not good with it being an accrual.
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight