WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,229 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
Horrible experience
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta , GaNovember 13, 2018
As contracted employee I was excited because in the interview I heard of so many great opportunities on growing with the company etc.. I was there for about a week & the boss that hired me quit & everything went down hill from there. The lack of communication between management & workers. Things changed & we weren’t aware until last minute. The supervisor over us treated the facility that I worked at like we were the step children “horrible” ... Clients complained about things going on in the facility & it was hard to get a hold of the supervisor & get any help with our problems ... I would not recommend working at any wellstar facility .
Horrible Management
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2018
I worked in the HH dept. and they will work you until you they can get nothing else from you. They hire anybody that will work, they then leave because of poor training, they hire managers that don't care about the employees but instead more about the numbers. They pretend in your face that they care about you but really are back stabbing and plotting to continue to over work you. This job was advertised as a 9-5, Mon-Fri, work from home but instead your with your patient case load you are working 9a-11p or even later, I would never recommend this agency! I left and went back to the hospital system where when you leave work you're done!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly Managed
I wouldn’t recommend
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 2, 2018
Only a great place to work because they tell there employees how they should fill out the survey! HR is a joke and they represent the employer and not the employee. Management treats you like your employee number and not like a human being. They are going to work you like a slave and under pay you at the same time! If you complain about anything they will try to make you out to be a trouble maker. Worst experience I every had from an employer!
Customer service
Patient Relations/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 25, 2018
The Call Center at Wellstar takes all calls for the hospital's, so the Billing Department in Wellstar always has upset customers calling about their outstanding bills not be right. We hear complaints daily about how rude the customers serve billing rep are. We try to assure the customer that our management team is review their statements and give a call back but that never happens.
Work place safe
Clinic.l Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Worked with Staff as a Team which made for a Happy environment. From the day I was interviewed I felt like Well star would be the place for me. From the day I was hired everyone was helpful and caring. Starting with the people at the Learning Center in Smyrna to the People at Bright Star where my Son spent the first Summer after I started.
Pros
Team worked together to make sure we got our work done.
Cons
Patient to Nurse Ratio was sometimes difficult, Nurses were behind in documentation.

My experience
CMA (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 5, 2018
I have enjoyed my job at Wellstar and some of the opportunities I was given. My direct supervisor is not very understanding or easy to talk to. I love my job, but I need to expand my work skills and be given opportunities to grow within myself and the company I am working for.
Pros
I have been able to work from home 2 days a week and in the office 2 days a week.
Cons
My direct supervisor is not helpful or very understanding, I need more opportunities to grow within myself and the company I work for.
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members by ensuring they have growth and development opportunities as well as the resources they need to be successful.

wellstar made it a fun place to work at
patient financial rep (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 18, 2018
My hours from 7.30 to 3.30. I went in and sign into my computer and went to the printer and pulled any reports that I had to work on that day. Answered any email that I had. Started working on my report by 8.I enjoyed working at wellstar. The hardest part of the day if the system went down trying to get the report finish in that day.
Pros
everyso offen the company would bring lunch in
Cons
high ins prices
ehh
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
They micromanage, there's no room for advancement unless you have years of experience which doesn't always mean you know what you're doing or good at your job for that matter. Barely get trained.

A typical day at work--WORK, I've learned a lot here and ready for something else. Management don't know what they're doing, The hardest part of the job is getting information and trained, most enjoyable ---ehhh
benefits
Cons
micromanaging, they don't pay well
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our team members and understand that our employees are the key to our success.

Horrible! Stay away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 4, 2018
If I could give them NO stars I would. Wellstar is CHEAP...didn't even give us a pen during orientation! They don't pay their LPNs anything competetive and they cut corners every chance they get....to the detriment of patient care and staff overload.

#1. Their managers are NOT nurses!! Unit/Practice managers, who are overlooking nurses, patient care and medical procedures, don't even understand nursing or medical terminology, medications, patient acuity or patient flow. How can this be???

#2. They pile on job duties to staff that has no business doing these tasks. Like front desk clerks who also have to do xrays. How is this even safe or efficient? It's because wellstar is cheap and they can save money on xray tech salaries.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Incompetent management
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Respect for all our team members as well as patient safety is important to us at WellStar as both a healthcare system and as an employer. If you would like to speak with one of our HR team members to discuss this further, feel free to email us your contact information at Careers@wellstar.org and someone will reach out to you.

Productive and comfortable place to work
Surgical Services Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. I would never want to leave. However, with cost of living increases, the pay is not competitive and raises are based on a merit system, and although I like that system, I do not find it practical as the only means of obtain a pay increase.
If my circumstances were different, or I was able to receive a pay increase I could stay in the area and grow with the company.
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans, career progression programs, along with our nationally recognized benefits. We have many new opportunities for team members and potential team members across the system. We encourage you to check out Careers.WellStar.org to learn more.

Fun place to work!
Patient Care Specialist - Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2018
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Pros
Large network
Cons
Low compensation
Growing pains
Director (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2018
WellStar had humble beginnings as the local community hospital and was operated as a hospital authority organization with a community feel. As healthcare regulations changed they forced a corporate, competitive nature into the enterprise. As a result WellStar has become a profit-driven business and the focus is no longer the patient.

The nurses and doctors really care, but the administration is driven by the almighty dollar.
Pros
Benefits, career growth, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Driven by numbers and data. Lost sight of the patient in the bed at the administrative level
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Discouraging work place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I worked with this company before they were bought out by wellstar. They were formally urology associates and out of the 5 years I worked there, they never gave raises or bonus's. I was responsible for a lot with no opportunities for advancement or increase in pay. I appreciated that work experience and he opportunity to be an employee there.
Pros
staggarded shifts
Cons
short breaks, expensive healhcare
Great place to work if you love customer service
Radiology Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Typical day in the office is consistent with the average doctor's office. I learned that patience is definitely a virtue. Management is amazing, at least in my department. Very understanding and inspiring. Diverse workplace culture. Hardest part of the job is dealing with staff that do not have the same motivation or intent as the majority. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to positively impact people's lives on a daily basis.
Pros
Good food/ choices
Cons
Need more parking
Urgent Care
Registered Nurse Specialty (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 2, 2018
A typical 12 hr day can be busy but enjoyable. Works with nurses and physicians. The clinic see children and adults with various ranges of disease entity. The workplace culture is very interactive and mixed as everyone works as a team. This job is enjoyable to work as everyone work together to ensure best possible patient outcomes.
great team players
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 5, 2018
I had the opportunity to work with the best co workers at Wellstar of my entire nursing career. Although the work was challenging and the environment fast paced, to know my peers were available to help in any way they could made it an extraordinary place to work. We were always there for each other.
Pros
opportunity to learn new skills
Cons
understaffed
Great Company, Depends on your department and manager
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 28, 2018
I ended up in a great department with Wellstar and was sad when I had to leave to move. I had amazing management, great opportunity for advancement, great environment for growth. It was not an easy job as nothing customer service is ever easy but it was very rewarding. I learned valuable lessons I can carry on to other positions.
Pros
Big Family, Caring Management
Very Family oriented place to work
Clinical Educator, Professional Practice (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 14, 2018
Wellstar has been a great facility to work for over the 12 years that I have been there. They offers support to staff, flexibility to work hours, Paid Time off, onsite child care center, matching retirement benefits as well as other incentives.
Pros
Voted as working mother of the year facility
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

Senior leaders are weak
Mid-level manager (Former Employee) –  WellStar Health SystemAugust 13, 2018
Daily bedside staff members are high quality, mid-level managers and senior leaders are paralyzed by a fear of failure. Decisions are delayed and very few leaders take ownership of a decision, pushing it off to other departments or to a later date. Sat in on quite a few meetings with senior leaders and are rarely saw someone take charge or ownership of any decision.
Very little proactive/strategic planning at senior levels. Most decisions are reduced to putting out the biggest fire, which is no longer capable of being delayed/ignored.
Focus is on gobbling up smaller entities and staying afloat.
Frustrating and disappointing.
Pros
Salary, flexibility to move/work shifts
Cons
Senior leaders are weak
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 7, 2018
To create and deliver high quality hospital, physician and other healthcare related services that improve the health and well-being of the individuals and communities we serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight