WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,181 reviews matching the search See all 1,187 reviews
Great Places to Work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Wellstar.They are rated as the top 100 places to work for the last 3 years. They offer competitive benefits and salary.They have tuition reimbursement and offer advancements within the company.
Very Family oriented place to work
Clinical Educator, Professional Practice (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 14, 2018
Wellstar has been a great facility to work for over the 12 years that I have been there. They offers support to staff, flexibility to work hours, Paid Time off, onsite child care center, matching retirement benefits as well as other incentives.
Pros
Voted as working mother of the year facility
Good place to work!
PHYSICIAN & ADVANCED PRACTITIONER RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2018
Great place to work, good culture, good leadership and opportunities for growth. Benefits are good and team member discounts are great. Easy to apply.
Great work environment
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
Great work environment. Quiet, management was always available. The location was the difficult issue. Keep up the good job Wellstar your team efforts are always encouraged
WellStar is a great place to work
Nutrition & Food Services Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 12, 2018
It can be stressful for a manager but team members are supprorted by their leaders. People are happy and they stay for a long time. Every job and every person is important.
Work place safe
Clinic.l Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Worked with Staff as a Team which made for a Happy environment. From the day I was interviewed I felt like Well star would be the place for me. From the day I was hired everyone was helpful and caring. Starting with the people at the Learning Center in Smyrna to the People at Bright Star where my Son spent the first Summer after I started.
Pros
Team worked together to make sure we got our work done.
Cons
Patient to Nurse Ratio was sometimes difficult, Nurses were behind in documentation.
Performed supervisory lab testing
Component tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 10, 2018
My employment at WellStar hospital system was a learning experience. I perform laboratory duties under the supervision of a licensed laboratory scientist.
Overworked and stressed
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 8, 2018
Coworkers are very cliquish and patient care is almost non existent from administration. They are all about money and discharging the patients. No fun.
Pros
My friend there
Cons
Pay, co-workers and administration.
Ok place to work
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Daily work involved phones, making appointments, dealing with employees, ordering supplies, filing, interacting with other employees, budget issues, etc
Pros
Frieldly staff
Cons
Lack of leadership
Tons of benefits!
Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2018
Great work benefits! Lots of scheduling flexibility, great co-workers and non-hostile work environment. They could use help with getting more RNs and ancillary staff.

Want to know more about WellStar Health System Inc?

Ask a question
My experience
CMA (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 5, 2018
I have enjoyed my job at Wellstar and some of the opportunities I was given. My direct supervisor is not very understanding or easy to talk to. I love my job, but I need to expand my work skills and be given opportunities to grow within myself and the company I am working for.
Pros
I have been able to work from home 2 days a week and in the office 2 days a week.
Cons
My direct supervisor is not helpful or very understanding, I need more opportunities to grow within myself and the company I work for.
from my recollection
CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 5, 2018
not much consistency, nor completion of new processes, short staffed, high nurse rations, turn over of management frequently, more concerned with building expansion rather than anything imo
Horrible! Stay away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 4, 2018
If I could give them NO stars I would. Wellstar is CHEAP...didn't even give us a pen during orientation! They don't pay their LPNs anything competetive and they cut corners every chance they get....to the detriment of patient care and staff overload.

#1. Their managers are NOT nurses!! Unit/Practice managers, who are overlooking nurses, patient care and medical procedures, don't even understand nursing or medical terminology, medications, patient acuity or patient flow. How can this be???

#2. They pile on job duties to staff that has no business doing these tasks. Like front desk clerks who also have to do xrays. How is this even safe or efficient? It's because wellstar is cheap and they can save money on xray tech salaries.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Incompetent management
Decent work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 29, 2018
I would not recommend work in the dietary kitchen you have to be able to handle stressful and unexpected situations. The people are unprofessional and there is no order the supervisors do not know what’s going on
Positive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 28, 2018
Positive workplace that offers growth. Many opportunities to advance and continued education. Heath and fitness are offered at a discount to encourage healthy employees and families.
Productive and comfortable place to work
Surgical Services Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. I would never want to leave. However, with cost of living increases, the pay is not competitive and raises are based on a merit system, and although I like that system, I do not find it practical as the only means of obtain a pay increase.
If my circumstances were different, or I was able to receive a pay increase I could stay in the area and grow with the company.
ehh
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
They micromanage, there's no room for advancement unless you have years of experience which doesn't always mean you know what you're doing or good at your job for that matter. Barely get trained.

A typical day at work--WORK, I've learned a lot here and ready for something else. Management don't know what they're doing, The hardest part of the job is getting information and trained, most enjoyable ---ehhh
benefits
Cons
micromanaging, they don't pay well
Don't do it.
Executive Assistant/ Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 27, 2018
The management picks favorites. Lots of racist co workers. Pay is very low Cleaning services paid less then 10 $ per hour. not good to clean up after sick people. everyone is expected to do 3 jobs.
Absolutely awesome place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 25, 2018
I loved loved loved this job. I had no intentions to leave this work place. The work is most of the time fast paced but sometimes you have a slow day or slow period of the day. Very nice people in the work place
I enjoyed my experience
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
I will recommend wellstar to any professional that looking for a career with potential of growth. I also loved how everyone is very helpful and I would go back at anytime.
Pros
Cons
It’s not any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight