WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search See all 1,274 reviews
great company to work for
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse on the Total Joint (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 14, 2019
WellStar overall was a great company to work for. I would go back and do it again. The management seeks out people for growth opportunities. There was always an effective collaboration with the entire healthcare team.

The only drawback was the pay and benefits. They do not offer enough pay incentives with job promotion or with the performance evaluations.

Because of the lack of pay compensation, there is a ton of turn around for employment.

There are a lot of hoops to jump through to get the incentives, (tuition reimbursement, WOW recognition ect.)
Wellstar promotes on the advertisements.
Pros
promotion opportunities
Cons
understaffed and underpaid
February 21, 2019

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition Team. We appreciate your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans, career progression programs, along with our nationally recognized benefits.

Great place to work and great teamwork throughout the system!
Histology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 17, 2019
As Histology Supervisor, I provide technical skills making sure Safety and Quality are followed. Through processing, cutting, staining of tissues with the end result being that the pathologist is able to make a diagnosis of disease to provide World Class Heathcare, the mission of Wellstar. I write procedures,
direct work flow,time management and training of new hires and students. Wellstar has afforded me this great opportunity.
Pros
Professional Growth, Tuition Reimbursement, Worklife balance, Retirement
Cons
Low percent pay raise for allied employees promoted within the company
February 21, 2019

Profit driven- not patient or staff driven
RN (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 3, 2018
Wellstar has recently made the decision to slash incentive/differential pay, and removed many opportunities for overtime. To counter, WellStar has informed us that they will be bringing in "international nurses".

Starting pay for RNs is much lower than offered from other facilities as well- putting hourly wages in an uncompetitive position when compared to other healthcare systems. The company cites superior benefits, but these have also suffered recent cuts, and the insurance offerings have very high deductibles.

It is common for Med-surg and tele units to run with 6-7 patients per nurse. ICU nurses frequently have 3 patients. Despite understaffing, staffing bonuses are not offered, and specialty nurses are flexed off despite their units being critically understaffed.

Due to a recent change in management, it has become clear that WellStar is solely profit driven.
December 27, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your valued contributions to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans, career progression programs, along with our nationally recognized benefits.

Horrible Management
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2018
I worked in the HH dept. and they will work you until you they can get nothing else from you. They hire anybody that will work, they then leave because of poor training, they hire managers that don't care about the employees but instead more about the numbers. They pretend in your face that they care about you but really are back stabbing and plotting to continue to over work you. This job was advertised as a 9-5, Mon-Fri, work from home but instead your with your patient case load you are working 9a-11p or even later, I would never recommend this agency! I left and went back to the hospital system where when you leave work you're done!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly Managed
December 27, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! As a health system, WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and is focused on ensuring employees experience the work-life balance they need to be successful.

Only saving grace was co workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I work at Wellstar kenestone hospital. My work experience has been terrible. On Mrs/surg floor the patient load is 6/1, that is just DANGEROUS for the patients. As a register nurse you do not get to spend time with your patients. Secondly they claim to be patient center focused. But in reality they are anything but. All they care is fast turnover and their precious HCAP scores. Lastly the benefits are Health insurance Benefits are HORRIBLE, this tells me that they care about their employees. If you have a choice pick anywhere over Wellstar
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Over worked, salary, health benefits

Growing pains
Director (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2018
WellStar had humble beginnings as the local community hospital and was operated as a hospital authority organization with a community feel. As healthcare regulations changed they forced a corporate, competitive nature into the enterprise. As a result WellStar has become a profit-driven business and the focus is no longer the patient.

The nurses and doctors really care, but the administration is driven by the almighty dollar.
Pros
Benefits, career growth, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Driven by numbers and data. Lost sight of the patient in the bed at the administrative level

RN (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2019
WellStar is a great place to work. We provide world class care. It is a place of care, where every patient is treated with dignity and compassion. Yes, it is a fun place to work. Employees are provided with outstanding benefits and compensation. WellStar strive everyday to impact their communities through different outreach programs.
Good place for executives very skilled at multi-tasking
Vice President, Service Line (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Plenty of great executives working there who are very creative. But organization is had growing pains when so many hospitals were added to at once. The benefits are very generous and they do a good job at promoting these benefits.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Need more time to adjust to growth

ehh
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
They micromanage, there's no room for advancement unless you have years of experience which doesn't always mean you know what you're doing or good at your job for that matter. Barely get trained.

A typical day at work--WORK, I've learned a lot here and ready for something else. Management don't know what they're doing, The hardest part of the job is getting information and trained, most enjoyable ---ehhh
benefits
Cons
micromanaging, they don't pay well
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to WellStar Health System. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our team members and understand that our employees are the key to our success.

Good part time job.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 7, 2019
I actually love my part time job at Wellstar. Most of the time, it is easy going, and fast paced. Calls tend to slow down after 8 pm, and I use those few hours before the end of my shift to review my calls and any codes we have had on my shift. One of the big things that I do have a problem with is that they are hiring new people for the same job at a higher salary rate than most of us in the department.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
February 21, 2019

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! There are many variables in calculating pay rate such as ensuring our rates are market competitive, candidate specialization, years of experience, and other factors. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

Productive and comfortable place to work
Surgical Services Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. I would never want to leave. However, with cost of living increases, the pay is not competitive and raises are based on a merit system, and although I like that system, I do not find it practical as the only means of obtain a pay increase.
If my circumstances were different, or I was able to receive a pay increase I could stay in the area and grow with the company.
October 18, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans, career progression programs, along with our nationally recognized benefits. We have many new opportunities for team members and potential team members across the system. We encourage you to check out Careers.WellStar.org to learn more.

Great benefits and compensation
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 1, 2019
Great benefits and compensation .ong hours doing paperwork at home. Poor management at times and employee morale was low. Employee recognition of outstanding patient care almost nonexistent.
Pros
Great benefits
February 21, 2019

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to create an environment where all team members feel they’re respected and that their contributions are valued.

Senior leaders are weak
Mid-level manager (Former Employee) –  WellStar Health SystemAugust 13, 2018
Daily bedside staff members are high quality, mid-level managers and senior leaders are paralyzed by a fear of failure. Decisions are delayed and very few leaders take ownership of a decision, pushing it off to other departments or to a later date. Sat in on quite a few meetings with senior leaders and are rarely saw someone take charge or ownership of any decision.
Very little proactive/strategic planning at senior levels. Most decisions are reduced to putting out the biggest fire, which is no longer capable of being delayed/ignored.
Focus is on gobbling up smaller entities and staying afloat.
Frustrating and disappointing.
Pros
Salary, flexibility to move/work shifts
Cons
Senior leaders are weak
fun place to work
Staff Nurse - Cardiac/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
great working environment, great room for advancement, great management and team members. Great benefits. Great work culture, Great work culture, work life balance is great

The best place to grow
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 17, 2018
I worked for WellStar for several years in a couple different units. I was very happy with each place that I worked. I felt I had management who truly cared for the staff, and I was proud to work for the health system. WellStar is such an expansive system now that, if you are not satisfied in your current position, you can always try something new and easily transfer to another department/unit/facility. I learned so much while working here, and feel I was greatly encouraged to do so and to grow professionally. I had opportunities to participate in programs that would offer me skills and education all the time, whether it be journal club, shared governance, skills days, etc. I believe WellStar truly values their nurses and wants them to thrive and stay. The only reason I left was due to a relocation.
Pros
flexible schedules, decent pay, career growth
Cons
WellStar specific medical benefits with high deductibles
July 11, 2018

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate your contributions. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and ensuring our employees continue to receive our nationally-recognized benefits.

Discouraging work place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I worked with this company before they were bought out by wellstar. They were formally urology associates and out of the 5 years I worked there, they never gave raises or bonus's. I was responsible for a lot with no opportunities for advancement or increase in pay. I appreciated that work experience and he opportunity to be an employee there.
Pros
staggarded shifts
Cons
short breaks, expensive healhcare
Fun place to work!
Patient Care Specialist - Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2018
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Pros
Large network
Cons
Low compensation
Poor Management
Medical Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 16, 2019
The management team for the physcian practice wellstar neurosurgical is poorly managed. An everyday workday feels like you are a chicken running around with your head cut off!
benefits
Cons
pay was terrible
February 21, 2019

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Input from our team members is important to us at WellStar as both a healthcare system and as an employer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Great Place to work
Safety Sitter (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 11, 2019
If the pay was more i would stay. I have tried to advance in the company and have not been given the opportunity. I enjoy some of the coworkers. The management was pretty good.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, Can't advance
February 21, 2019

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members by ensuring they have growth and development opportunities as well as the resources they need to be successful.

Good benefits for Part-time employees
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Nice place to work, good benefits for part time employees. The health care that is offered could be better. Some offices have a heavy workload and not enough help.
Pros
benefits offered for part-time
Cons
too much work expected for the salary that is offered
February 21, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight