WellStar Health System Inc

WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

United States1,615 reviews
Found 1,615 reviews matching the search
The pay is horrible
WELLSTAR does not pay nurses for their years of experience. A nurse with 15 years of experience will be paid the same as a new grad. They have a high turn over rate because of this
Lack of leadership in rehab
Old school rehab medical director and rehab leadership are behind the times and do not advance programming or support staff. It’s status quo here. The upside is, this is a level 2 trauma center so you get exposed to various diagnoses which is stimulating.
Run don’t walk
This company is only out for number one They treat employees poorly The benefits are a joke The pension is gone They will cut hours and make you use your own PTO Managers don’t care Directors and AVPs ignore the problems This is not the place anyone wants to come to now We are not centered around people care just executive care. I truly feel that this company does not care about their staff.
Official response from WellStar Health System Inc
May 29, 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to the current climate, we have had to make difficult decisions to ensure we remain the strong community partner our teams and patients deserve for years to come. If you would like to discuss this further, we encourage you to reach out to your leader.
Recent negative changes to benefits

Good Job security

Management not very focused on continuous improvement

Very customer focused
Independent Aide
I love being a hospice Aide for wellstar the nurses help you out teach you things like what there doing during patient care when you run into them you can always ask for help if you dont know something and they always push you to go back to school the upper management is cool too but co workers can be very lazy and get passes because they been there longer the pay is where the problem comes in
could be good if
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Inclusive workplace, great staff!
Enjoyed every bit of the job, management operated an open door policy. However, I wish there was a lot of communication regarding roles and assignments, nonetheless, it is a great place to work at.
That Wellstar needs a lot of work on the racial climate within the hospital. Management is terrible, and horizontal bullying happens thru out. The hard workers work harder, and those that snitch and kiss up are the ones promoted.
Na
I have worked at WellStar for most of my career. The work have been challenging and rewarding. It is a great place to do what you went to school for versus being a glorified knob turner..
Fast Paced with Great Benefits
Working with Wellstar was a wonderful opportunity to gain insight into the nursing field. It is very fast paced and often calls for hard labor. However, The benefits are competitive as well as pay.
Nobody is on the same page.
I worked in one of the medical group offices and I was was the newbie with people that had been there for years. They all bullied and alienated me and I got no real direction on my job duties, I wasn't entirely sure what was expected of me and if I had questions, there was nobody to answer them. They waited until I messed up then got me fired.
Good company but limitations
Overall good company but with all the bad lately, they have not valued their employees like they should. Taking away hours and making their employees take PTO or no pay is not fair when others get paid to sit at home.
Pros
People
Cons
They don't look out for their employees
They don't pay MA's that well
There is no room for growth
They promise promotions that never come. Too many Indians and not enough chiefs. Room for growth but not quite there yet.
Could Be Better.
At one point, I praised WellStar on being a great company. The company has shown me through this crisis that the employees are not a main focus. Favoritism, fraternization & racism plague this health system. Diversity in management is needed.
I enjoyed working at Wellstar.
They're flexible and always keep you informed every month about what's going on in the hospital. I bonded with some co workers and even the doctors. Everyone knows everyone and it's a good feeling to be recognized for your hard work.
NO Advancement programs
I been at Wellstar since 2003 and I don't feel like I advance at all .The pay raises are not good 25 cents for a raise is nothing .I have invested a lot of time in wellstar and feel like I can't survive here they don't pay good No advancement programs in the hospital, If you do wanna go to another unit sometime you fear your application might get blocked by your boss,or just wanna hold you back
Underpays & No cultural views
Very underpaid & poor ethical views & stance. Company sucks and all about taking away from the employees, lots of favoritism & authority abuse. Most staff are like family very genuine people, but the way the company conduct overall makes this a 1 star job.
NOne
No comment at this time, thankful and glad to have had the opportunity to work there. Met nice and good people, and that is all wouldn’t bad mouth the company
I’m very good at my job.
Wellstar is a great place to work and I enjoy the type of work that I do. I love and enjoy helping people, and working as a Patient Care Technician / Lab Tech / Phlebotomist
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Management is horrible. I can explain!
Productive and Fun work place (Douglasville)
My only issue I noticed that with the diversity, some people were able to get away and do things that some would get in trouble or fired for. Loved my doctors and coworkers. You just have to watch management.
A great place to work
Wellstar is a great healthcare employer to work for lots of opportunities and benefits to choose from. Management is great people to work with and they love what they do. Teamwork is awesome.
Great place to work And that’s all we all want! There are plenty opportunities to go to school to be promoted in to help the company save money everyone’s opinion counts!
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
People not being professional
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at WellStar Health System Inc.