WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,134 reviews matching the search See all 1,139 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work, you can tell they care alot about the work life balance.It is a high volume center and has its share of trauma but overall well staffed
Pros
concierge service what!!
Cons
in Atlanta
Review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 14, 2018
Great experience with critical patients. Great place for a new grad to get their feet wet and learn a lot. No team work and minimal staffing. Overall good
Fun and exciting place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 14, 2018
I truly enjoy working for this hospital. I enjoy taking care of sick people, especially the elderly. I also take care of elderly people as a care giver on the weekds.
Pros
Helping sick people
Cons
Sad to see so many people sick
Senior leaders are weak
Mid-level manager (Former Employee) –  WellStar Health SystemAugust 13, 2018
Daily bedside staff members are high quality, mid-level managers and senior leaders are paralyzed by a fear of failure. Decisions are delayed and very few leaders take ownership of a decision, pushing it off to other departments or to a later date. Sat in on quite a few meetings with senior leaders and are rarely saw someone take charge or ownership of any decision.
Very little proactive/strategic planning at senior levels. Most decisions are reduced to putting out the biggest fire, which is no longer capable of being delayed/ignored.
Focus is on gobbling up smaller entities and staying afloat.
Frustrating and disappointing.
Pros
Salary, flexibility to move/work shifts
Cons
Senior leaders are weak
Level 1 trauma
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
Work environment is very competitive but love the management team they are very informative on the job but lack of staff need to improve due to compensation
Great team to work with on a daily basis. Great comroderi.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Busy practice, patients are the what make me come to work everyday. Especially when they say “ I am so glad your here, I was looking for you” . I feel they are part of the family. The practice family.

The hardest part is is being understaffed at times,because you can not give the patients all the love and care they sometimes need because you have additional duties. But in the end that’s not often.
Pros
Great physicals that care about their patients
Cons
Losing a patient to an illness.
Great Coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 8, 2018
The only reason I stayed with WellStar Spalding Regional for so long was the people I worked with. A great team helps to keep retention. My co workers and I worked as a team and became a family.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Great Place to work
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Wellstar is voted amongst the top 100 great places to work for a reason. I love it here and management is great. They attempt to work with you and really listen to concerns of the staff.
Welcoming
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 7, 2018
Low Compensation for the amount of work that is required. Friendly and welcoming environment, but not much room for growth in the clinical area. Time and attendance policy is very reasonable
Pros
Pension, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
An environment that is productive and fast paced
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30066August 6, 2018
If you work at WellStar; there is always room for advancement. The a medical industry is fast paced and require to be quick on your feet as well as think out the box.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
CLINICAL CARE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Cna at kennestone nurses are favored over cnas. Stressful work load for cnas and nurses and managers doesnt understand that. The hospital is huge parking is a big issue when trying to clock in. Being late is in fashion for this place
Don't believe the hype that's said of this company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 1, 2018
You can't believe everything you hear of a company but definitely do your research and try and speak with those that are currently working within the location you are choosing to work or inquire on why they chose to leave or were let go.
Pros
Insurance but extremely high Never mind there are none
Cons
Where do I start.....
Do not work here!!
Lab outreach specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 30, 2018
I worked for Wellstar for over a year! I have 5+ experience in the field and was paid poorly! I was told overtime and better opportunity for pay was optional that was a lie! To be honest I would have been better off working at racetrac or quicktrip I know for a fact they were being paid more than me. The working conditions were horrible the site would see up to 180+ patients a days and barely received a break. When I asked about a break or even a water break I was denied and told we have patients waiting while “the lead” sat and eat Popeyes chicken and talks on the phone and better yet go run personal errands while on the clock! It was to the point where we were timed to go to the rest room and that was eventually limited. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management is ridiculous they all are friends and you can not tell anything in confidence or it will get back and you would be treated differently with absolutely not breaks. This place was so stressed that I left with chest pains and back aches. With constantly standing on our feet for hours and told we need to speed up I really felt like it was a modern day sweat shop. Everyday when I turn into work I contemplate about going in and realize that I have a child at home that I could barely feed with the pay that was given to me and the lies that were feed to me I was promised over time and more money and never received it.
Pros
None!
Cons
None!
great
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 30, 2018
Its been a great ..Every job have it ups and downs, but for the most part its been an awesome place to work with a lot of perks ! They try to help with your education and much more.
Benefits
Occupational Health Nurse (Full- Time) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Wellstar has great benefits. New employees are provided with excellent onboard training. Do not like the new rule for part time workers having to work every week.
Benefits
Cons
Part workers min hours to work per week
Everyone was so rude and not helpful at all!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 23, 2018
Poor orientation to the job position. Poor management. NO team work. No one wanted to help you get acclimated to the way they do things there and also, didn't want to explain anything, it was like learning it all on my own.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad attitudes
Work and professional experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 22, 2018
Wellstar Kennestone is a busy non profit hospital north of Atlanta.Multicultural both for employees and patients.
I have learned a lot working at this facility, I have grown both intellectual and professional. I have worked with the brightest in the skill of healthcare. The management is very supportive of the employees.
The hardest part of the job is when you loose a patient to a disease or whatever tragedy befell them. Working critical care is challenging in itself. Most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing patients get well and go back home to their families.
Productive Place
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 22, 2018
Wellstar is a company that you can enter with learning and knowing everyone. A typical day at work can be easy at times, but later on as the day goes on it can get harder, especially without help from other staff and or co-workers. Management will not help you unless it's something that they want to benefit from. You work around many people of all race, gender, and ethnicity which can be at times hard. The hardest part of this job is not getting the recognition that you deserve. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have help save someone's life.
Pros
vacation time and sick leave
medical group
CMA (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 20, 2018
management can be micromanaging at some locations. fantastic providers to work for and staff has good team values. depending on which office you're in, your work loads could vary.
Cons
micromanagement
Unbalanced Management
Workstation Technician II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Got to work with plan
get told to do one thing then management gets us doing something else.
Work hard paid low
Have meetings about project and outline project.
when project starts outline not followed
Pros
peer employees fun
Cons
benefit high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight