Welocalize

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Easy job to get and fine for some extra cash; poor management

Communication from the get-go was awful. I have only spoken to someone live (via phone or video) once. I actually thought it was a scam when I was in the hiring and onboarding process because it was all via email and so disorganized. The managers can't figure out an organized communication system and often can't provide clear answers to questions. The job is a pain, and if I didn't need the extra cash, I would have quit a long time ago. The work is typically easy enough if you are educated in the field and can learn new things easy, but the training materials are so disorganized that it gets annoying. Work is inconsistent and often pops up without warning, so you never know if you'll be available when there's work to do. The managers seem very nice, but it's just a lot of chaos.

Pros

Decent hourly pay, nice managers, interesting work.

Cons

Terrible communication and organization, delayed payment, no pay for some mandatory training/work.

Great team. Although it's remote, I feel supported by my team

I enjoy the company. Work is easy but repetitive. Great team. Working from home is nice for people with kids, easier to do dropoffs/pickups. I wish they did more to further people's careers.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Work can be unchallenging. No career advancement.

Everything was confusing and wasn’t explained well in the beginning.

The most terrible place to work and the pay wasn’t enough for the amount of work they expect. I had to spend almost like a half day to finish one assignment, but they don’t pay for the hours spent and pay for the hours they expect the freelancers to complete the assignment, so it’s not fair and the assignment wasn’t easy.

Pros

Cons

Not fair pay

Easy job but no future, no building skills

Ok to work until next job temporarily but no career earnings in life I can’t recommend this company because all jobs in this company are only contract basis and closing the projects all in sudden but no follow up for after

Always growing, always learning.

Great environment to work, there is a sense of cooperation between departments for the most part. My team is very knowledgeable and we all strive to help each other succeed. I really enjoy that each day is different, that I get to learn new things on the job.

Pros

flexible schedule, remote work, learning opportunities

Cons

compensation doesn't increase with tenure, nepotism practices.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Work from home but horrible managment

The manager never shows up. You don't really have people to ask questions to. Things are barely assigned with instructions and you end up guessing half of the time.

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours

Cons

Poor management

Good compensation and friendly management

Spent a summer working remotely as a Linguistic Tester, and for the most part it was a wholly positive experience. Project managers were very friendly and happy to answer any questions you may have, and workplace culture felt very inclusive and they enjoyed learning more about the employees.The job itself wasn't difficult, but at times tedious and depending on the tasks given you may or may not hit certain benchmarks given to you for the week. Sometimes it felt impossible to do as much tasks at the speed they wanted while also providing quality assessments, but this may have just been the specific project I worked on. Most of the time, the work was easy and it's perfect for someone who wants to work from home and have flexible hours throughout the week. After training you can plan your 40 hours how you want throughout the week with some constraints (must work at least 6 hours in a day). They're very understanding if you have a reason that you need to miss work. Overall, it was a positive experience, would recommend.

Pros

Friendly management, flexible hours, decent compensation for easy work

Cons

can get repetitive, difficult to hit weekly goals at times

Work life balance.

It’s was a stress free contract job. I wished I could stay longer and grow my career with the company. Management was responsive and helpful. Good workplace culture.

Great company

I was there for a project during summer. It was a fun work environment. Coworkers were great and supportive management. Would recommend this company.

Absolutely nothing

Think twice before applying/excepting a position within this company. You will be reminded on a daily basis of the threat of losing your position, which does nothing but adds unwarranted stress on the employee.

Remote

If you like working remotely, this job would be perfect for you. I can set my own schedule between as long as it was between times. It was super simple, the only thing is they will randomly lay people off so no job security.

Pros

Good pay, Easy Work

Cons

Might get laid off unexpectedly

Good company to work for

Good company with flexibile hours. Great co-workers, but unfortunately not much job security. Benefits for project based employees are very expensive.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Healthcare

Get to WFH

You get to WFH that’s the only pro. No raises in 3 years for our entire team. People are afraid they will lose their jobs at a moments notice. Treated like contractors but were not contractors. Can’t move because they won’t tell us if we will return to a office. If you move you risk losing your job if we return to the office so we’re held hostage. High staff turnover. Guess that’s what they want so they can pay us well below average.

Pros

Work from home for now.

Stagnant pay and almost zero benefits for full-time, non-contract employees

Data Transformation employees are treated like second-class citizens. Never got a raise after working here for 3 years, and no PTO, though we were given 2 paid holidays (Memorial Day and Thanksgiving) a couple years ago.Day-to-day work isn't difficult in itself, but questionable communication structure combined with a total lack of SOP turns navigating the work into a cumbersome mess. I've learned that keeping your head down with regards to operations and buddying up with management will help you out in the long-run. Working from home is nice though. Also, I was pushed out of making an impact because of my proactive attitude (management was concerned I wouldn't adhere to chain of command even after attestation to the contrary). Now I feel sidelined and unable to move upwards in the company.

Pros

Work-from-home

Cons

Poor management, lousy benefits, forced unpaid holiday leave

Good company depending on the team

It used to be a great place to work but things have changed recently. I think it all depends on the team and your manager. But the top management is great.

Pros

Top level management

Cons

Micromanagement

Not a good place to work if you want to feed your family.

There are no raises here and there hasn't been one for 3 years. We have been told if we want a raise we have to advance within the company or look elsewhere. There isn't really any upward mobility within the company and when there is, it's generally younger employees who are promoted while older experienced employees are overlooked many times over. We finally achieved two paid holidays but then forced to take off without pay whenever the client we work for decides they are giving their own employees a holiday. We are also forced to take off two weeks without pay during the holidays. Vacation pay is out of the question. We are treated like contract workers but then told we aren't. There is much confusion about our job status. The company cries poor when we bring up vacations and holiday pay but since it's an international company, how are they managing to comply financially with laws in other countries? If we had paid time off for holidays, vacations, and raises, Welocalize would most definitely be getting more out of their employees. This is all part of a happy employee and their mental health. Looking at what other countries expect from Welocalize makes Smith's excuses for not having the money for these things fall short. We see through this. We can Google and look at what is expected of this company in other countries and know it can be done here in the United States. If Welocalize really values it's employees and considers us family, concessions would be made.

Pros

Working from home, fellow teammates are great

Cons

Low pay, no raises, no paid time off, ageism, forced time off during holidays with no breaks. You xan be sure corporate gets all of this, though.

Reconsider all of your options before applying here.

I worked in Data Transformation. This job started out fun, but it soured over time. Constantly increasing performance expectations, shady practices, and the worsening of benefits and pay make me regret working here. Health insurance is very expensive, and is increasing in cost every year. The cheapest health insurance plan is good ten percent of a month's pay, and most can't afford it. In my years working here there are never any raises, not even for cost of living increases. Only two federal holidays are paid per year, and you can only accrue 3 sick days a year. There are lots of limitations on when you can use your floating holiday if you choose not to use it on one of those two federal holidays. The only way to move up in this department is to become management, and those positions are very limited in number and rarely open. The work from home compensation isn't enough for what it's supposed to cover. Worst of all, management will lie to people's faces. Co-workers have been verbally promised pay raises and then have not received them. Co-workers have been moved to projects that were being deprecated, were promised that the assignment would in fact continue, and then were let go anyway during the holidays when it ended. Job security, or even adequate notice of termination, is nonexistent. The CEO claims to care but refuses to even discuss these issues in meetings, let alone share any meaningful plans to address them. Very demoralizing place to work. If you want to work at this company, I don't recommend working in DT. Corporate employees appear to be treated much better.

Pros

Ability to work from home (for the time being), friendly co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Not bad not great

Not bad Company to work for Good managementWarm people Pay is not that high , not really good benefits……. Not many paid days off….but work is easy.

It's just okay.

The work is very easy. The problems come from the client, not necessarily the company. You get whiplash because they will train you for several projects and switch up guidelines regularly. The work itself isn't difficult, and the pay is decent, so you get lulled into a sense of security. I saw a lot of projects get completely cut, leaving tons of people without jobs. A lot of employees are paranoid about this happening to them so the morale isn't exactly high. Overall, it's fine if you just need some money, but don't expect to move up in the company.

Pros

pay is okay

Cons

everything else is kind of mediocre

Nice managers and coworkers and the pay and work was decent

I was paid fairly well for pretty mundane work. The managers were all really nice people and the coworkers were great. The place I worked at had a ping pong table too and we'd occasionally play games with each other. The CEO hosts these online meetings where ANYBODY can join and be heard, whether it was the newest contractors or the most senior members of the company. I found that pretty interesting that the head of the company is so invested in the input of every and all members of the company.

Pros

easy tasks and non-stressful work environment

Cons

30 minute lunches and boring tasks

Well paid but emotionally draining

The QA Testers office was on a basement room with no windows and incredibly cold in the winter. What you test sometimes can have emotional impact on your day and managers will not care about that and will keep you working non-stop. Their metrics are absurdly high. You can't get to meet your colleagues because you're always in absolute silence in the room.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Horrible environment

Common questions about Welocalize

Answered by current and former employees at Welocalize

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welocalize. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9