Wen JAI Restaurant Group

Working at Wen JAI Restaurant Group: 42 Reviews

timecompanyplacepaypeoplegoodjobwork

There was great management

It was good the employees can use help being more nice to the employees and the customers overall the pay was minimum wage and they gave me a whole bunch of hours.

Pros

The money was good

Cons

The treatment was poor

Productive and Fun workplace

JAI is an excellent place to work. I worked as a handyman doing the maintenance for +7 stores. Stick with this company and you will not be disappointed!Pro's -pay is great and get make my own scheduleCon's - they're still getting the bugs worked out from transitioning over from JAE to JAI (not a big deal as they were still able to keep me busy during that time)

Wen JAI Restaurant Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Decent pay and could be a fun a environment to work in, but it isnt.

Hiring process was smooth. Hired same day as interview. Pay is decent.The management leaves a lot to be desired. Favoritism is very recognizable. Communication is next to none/(unless you're a favorite of course). Must be a scheduling nightmare for whoever makes the weekly.Would mot recommend applying for any position.

Pros

Decent pay, good food

Cons

The most unorganized management I've ever seen.

You need to productive.

Good company to work for. You need to have a good attitude. You should be a team player. You should know how to deal with customers. Your desire should be to satisfy the customers.

Pros

Reduce cost for purchases.

Cons

Short breaks

Nothing good

What stands out with jae is that they do not care one bit about their employees at all all this company cares about is making money an thats it company won't even give employees a free meal when working not fair to managers who have been their doesn't give raises like they say they do the company is a joke

Pros

Not any

Cons

Company doesn't even give their employees a free meal

Best employer and treated like family

You are treated like family at JAE. Growth and development opportunities are encouraged and you feel supported and that your voice matters no matter what challenges may come up. JAE treats their employees fairly and with respect. I have referred many friends for employment opportunities here. It’s not just a job but a career and the company takes an active interest in providing you with the tools and experience needed for advancement. CEO has open door policy and makes time for employees no matter what level they work.

Pros

A fun family oriented culture with a lot of opportunities for advancement.

I was fired for having asthma and not being able to breathe in a mask. I know a couple others who were fired after years of dedication to their jobs!

Do not work there!! It's a very stressful underpaid place to be employed and if you do not fit into their "in crowd" you will be fired. You will also be expected to do other people's jobs if they are too lazy to do it on their own. I was run ragged and was constantly upset with my work environment. I'm glad I did get fired because I'm too loyal and wouldn't have left. My whole family was grateful when they let me go and my kids even thought that job was toxic for me. I came home everyday mad or upset because of my working conditions. I even vomited on myself and was still forced to stay.

Pros

nothing

Cons

no breaks, doing others jobs, anxiety and anger, bad moral altogether

Great

It’s hard at first but you get so used to it so fast and that becomes muscle memory it’s is easy after that. They moved me up very fast within two years I was a GM from a regular crew person.

Great for a first job

Great for a first job and to gain the experience. Fast paced work, little training, space to learn on new positions around the store. If you like to work under little or no supervision this is the work for you

the hospitality

people are rude that i work with and its hard to balance my life with the job because they dont put the schedule out until the day before i work. very frustrating and hard to take care of life issues or plan anything with family

Bad working conditions. Bunch of liars.

Go work for anyone else any where. These people lie and cheat at anything they can. Total lack of integrity and intestinal fortitude from the company representatives. FILTHY STORES. Treat their people like trash. Buildings are trash.

Work out here has been a long journey

Working here has been a long journey because throughout the three years that I’ve been working here I’ve learned so much from different types of people that I’ve worked with and even though I’ve worked there for so long I’ve learned a couple of new things throughout the years. Also communication is key.

Non stop long working hours and excessive amount of emails.

Pros: Monthly Car allowance, Cell Phone, Paid Gas, Laptop. Cons: Health Care coverage is very limited. Not enough support from upper management. Long working hours including early morning, late night and weekends, basically 24/7 around the clock job.

Mi opinión

En mi opinión es un buen trabajo la personas son buenas pero me pagan muy poco para lo que tengo que hacer porque sirvo en todas las posiciones solamente me queda hacer manager pero ganó 8.95 la hora y no me da para vivir el mes y no me están dando horas soy mayor de edad y trabajo en tiempo completo y solamente esta semana trabajé 28 horas y tengo que pagar 800 peso de renta más los gastos de gasolina seguro y de comida

Its a good place to work. The people are nicely and friendly always laughing. The hours are flexible. Full time or part time position are available.

Good

It was a decent place to work at. Pay was good depending in your hours. Then only thing I didnt like about working there was they made one person do all the work while the managers stood there and talked most of the time instead of being leaders and helping.

It was okay

It was okay, really only worked there just to get some work experience. Nice people there though and there was a sense of togetherness. The one bad thing is that lack of cleanliness.

Pros

Strong work bond

Cons

Kind of dirty, no real work pride

Amazing for gaining work experience

There is quite a lot this job can teach you, and many of the staff there are very relatable and hard working people. Time takes its toll however, as it is a very tedious and exhausting job. 10/10 for hard workers maybe a 5/10 if you’re looking for an easy part time job.

Pros

The people, experience, work culture

Cons

High turnover, exhausting shifts

Managers

I think is a good place to work and good opportunity to move up, sometimes is really stressful but it all depends on the people than you work with I have a good experience tks

Ok job

It’s good for a fast food job. I only got sent home early a few times because we were slow. It’s a good first job and I enjoyed working there while going to school

ok plase good

Very helpful very helpful kind clean sweet place just need more help in the front when they cash your work also need to hire more people and is job place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wen JAI Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits