Wenatchee Valley College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Athletic Trainer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 29, 2018
Working at Wenatchee valley college was one of the coolest jobs I had. The athletic trainer did everything she could to make sure you are comfortable and ready to be the best at this job.
Overall it was an honor for me work at Wenatchee Valley College! Very friendly nice people! I have a lot of gratitude and greatful memories! Thank You
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 22, 2018
I am thankful to have worked with such wonderful people at Wenatchee Valley College, furthermore; it was a privilege to be a part of a home-like environment. I enjoyed very much working at the Cashiers office and having such rewarding unique experiences is just golden. I also acknowledge working with the administration and having a more broader knowledge in the educational system. I appreciate working there and I highly recommend Wenatchee Valley College as an educational path to success! Thank You for such beautiful experience!
Pros
Kindly people
Cons
Parking Fines
Great Part Time Job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Pros
Pays Well
Friendly Staff
Excellent students

Cons
Adjunct not treated as professional
Classes may be cut without any notice
Top down management style
Fun and accommodating place to work
Library Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Management was more than accommodating with my class schedule. This gave me time to work on my class work but yet earn money while going to college.
Pros
fit my class schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Great working environment
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 28, 2018
I found the working environment at Wenatchee Valley College very welcoming and the staff that I worked with was very helpful and easy to work with. My position there was a work-study position.
Pros
Great atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Cons
limited job openings
Rewarding Experience
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 18, 2017
Loved helping people with their problems, and always felt supported when I had problems of my own (not that those were frequent). A lot of trust and freedom in completing tasks.
Opportunity
Fiscal Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for the college and having the opportunity to work for the state and continue my education at the same time. Due to budgeting reasons there was however a lack of funding for necessary jobs so help was hard to come by.
Great overall
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJune 28, 2017
I had to shelf books and cover them. Keep the library clean and organized. Helped fellow students find what they needed. Worked with some great people and got to learn the behind the scenes.
Pros
free time
Computer Lab Assistant Part-Time Job.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 16, 2017
A typical day for me is showing up to work at my assigned shift and sitting at my desk in my assigned computer lab waiting to help any students who have computer or printing problems.

I learned more about printers and how to keep them fully stocked with paper and changing toner or parts that need replacing.

With new students coming and going their is sometimes a delay in getting our work schedule. Our work schedule is online from an employee website were you are given shifts and clock in at your assigned times.

The hard part is not getting enough hours, and sometimes a campus wide server problem causes students to not be able to print or use their computers.

It's a good job for students who are tech savvy and who need a less stressful job.
Temporary job
Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 9, 2017
While this was a temporary job while I was attending it is also a very big part of getting in the experience required to move forward within the tech industry.
Pros
paid lunch, freedom to work alone
Cons
Temporary
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 18, 2017
Working as a student employee was great because the job hours worked about my class schedule. It was nice to have a little bit of an income while being a full-time student, and having staff who supported class work being done during slow periods and office staff who helped with assignments. It was great to have such a positive, helpful team around.
Pros
Great support, quiet environment
Cons
Customers are frustrating
Mellow easy going environment.
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 23, 2016
My time in the Ceramics class was fun. I enjoy work and when you love what you do it doesn't feel like work at all. I enjoy meet new people and learning about new things constantly. I was in charge of over seeing the operations and completing tasks.
Pros
responsible, leader
Good learning environment
Radiologic Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WADecember 23, 2015
I was able to advance quite well in the radiologic technology program. I learned a lot at the clinic sites. In the future, I may consider more of the tech side - such as PACS administration - rather than direct patient care.
Slightly boring work environment
ITV (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 12, 2015
Not much interaction with other people, as a tech you are in a control room by yourself.
Was a nice time to get homework done and relax at the end of the day.
A Good Community College
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WADecember 31, 2014
Wenatchee Valley College was a good place to get my AAS degree.
I was able to attend, while living close to home.
The quality of professors, classes and experiences were comparable to other institutions in the area.
I would recommend WVC to others as a good place to start their higher education and journey toward their undergraduate degrees.
A wide range of jobs, very good people, committed to their work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 10, 2014
Being a student-athlete, my responsibilities and typical day was different from a full time employee at the college. Nevertheless, from the people I associated with daily and the morals that were implemented into me from working here, I learned to work hard, respect others, stay committed to reaching the end goals, persevere through everything, and the better you treat people, the more you can count on them to be there for you when you need it. The hardest part for me was balancing school and baseball and performing both at a high level. The most enjoyable part was just the all around experience and relationships that I made.
Pros
great experience, great people, a variety of activities, never bored
Cons
did not always have a consistent schedule/plan to operate around
Great place to live and work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 17, 2014
Wenatchee offers a small community feel to a supportive and nurturing learning environment.
Rewarding Volunteer Writing Compositon Tutoring.
Writing Composition Tutor (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAJune 17, 2014
I loved helping the students at this small community college; bringing in years of expertise in tutoring both regular division writing tutorials and Athletics - hired by both departments to teach/tutor writing composition at UCLA as a Top Tutor for both departments at UCLA was an extremely intrinsically rewarding experience.

I have outstanding letters of recommendation for my tutoring there.
Pros
Following my bliis -------- "self-actualization"
Cons
Always a productive work day with excellent benefits
Full time Account student (Current Employee) –  Omak WAMay 31, 2014
A typical day at my last position would be arriving at 7:50 AM Monday through Friday, clocking in and checking mail. Than the rest folds into place. I learned how to verify accounts through our accounting web data base system and how to account for specific departments revenues. I always got a long with co-workers and we were almost like family. The most enjoyable part of the job was Friday's when we would have a huge company potluck.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Not enough time in the day to finish certain tasks
X
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 23, 2014
Worked for Allied Health. Great group of people. Supported me with a work study position while I attended school at Wenatchee valley College.