Wencor Employee Reviews

Executive Team turnover is every 3 - 6 months and now there are 4 new ones!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Brand new executive staff every 6 months. Been through 14 managers now - just in the Exec team. We don't know who's coming or going out of here anymore.
Pros
Pay, healthcare benefits - not bad
Cons
Exec Team turnover
good work place to learn new tasks
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTSeptember 26, 2017
if this company would not have relocated out of the state, i would of loved to stay and move forward within the company. I worked both in the distribution side of the warehouse, and also the building of kits side.
great workplace with a lot to offer
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 13, 2017
This was a great company to work for until they were sold to an investment company and relocated to Georgia. It was horrible. I had worked for this company for over 8 years and it was so stable and secure. I learned so many things at this company and continued to grow. A lot of peoples lives were changed for the worse when the company was bought out. I moved from quality analyst to quality receiving inspector to purchasing expediter. The opportunities seemed endless. I was so sad to see this company fall apart.
Pros
training provided, security, people, environment
Cons
relocation and sale of the company to an investor
Great job, terrible management.
Kitting (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 29, 2016
I currently work here. The job itself is tremendous. Extremely easy but the management/turnover rate is absolutely terrible. If they would stop firing people they would be ok. Fire a couple people that need to be gone and keep the few that you have. It's a new distribution in a new city with new rules. What else can you expect?
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
Stay away. They will deny any time you have off, pay is terrible, and so is management.
Comfortable Work, Good Pay, Bad Management
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 6, 2016
Management is poor. They don't know what works because they don't really ask for input from the workers themselves. They just come up with ideas for improvement which frequently fail. When I left, they had implemented Dematic for a second time, which was failing like it was the first time they tried it. All it has changed is that workers are able to process more orders, but people still have to work there overtime every night.
Management will fire anyone who is a threat to their status quo, even if said employee has done nothing wrong. I saw it happen.
Even if you are an ideal worker and do everything that's asked of you and go above and beyond, your only chance of moving up in the company is if your supervisor is fired and maybe you can replace them. Other than that, there are no opportunity advancements.
I'd recommend to management to listen to your workers as to what works instead of implementing what YOU think will work with no input.
Show some appreciation for your employees! When I was told my job was over, I received no prior warning and not a single bit of appreciation. No "thank you" or "we appreciate you coming in on weekends", nothing. I was an ideal employee and did what was asked of me every day and you can't even say "thank you"?
Pros
Comfortable working conditions for a warehouse, Air conditioned and no heavy lifting, Good pay
Cons
Mandatory work weekends, Frequent changes in procedures, Poor management. Poor communication between departments, Zero employee appreciation, Zero opportunities for advancement
Casual, Great Co-Workers, Non Stress, Aircraft Systems Learning
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 8, 2016
If you want to learn all about the different systems on commercial aircraft, then this is the place for you. The atmosphere is casual, non stressful, yet organized. The engineers are, friendly, down to earth and very helpful. The one con is, that you have to deal with the FAA and all their reports and documentations that are required to get the parts to pass their stringent criteria in order to have the authority to sell the aftermarket parts. (PMA - Parts Manufacturing Authority).
Pros
Knowledge of Aircraft Systems (Free Soda Fountain)
Cons
75% of work is FAA reporting
Overall, great.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 4, 2016
Lots of changes with the CEO were happening when I was there, but there were really great people to work with. I don't know how it is now. It was a great opportunity though!
Did not enjoy
Product Handler/Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Every other day you didn't know what your schedule would be. With me being a single parent with young children. I had hard time getting off work in time to pick them up from childcare on time.
Smaller size allows for a range of experience and opportunities
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 18, 2015
For the past three years I have been working in a small aerospace CNC machine shop as a manufacturing engineer quoting ,planning and managing parts in production. I have been faced with solving technical challenges for a variety of parts in the areas machining, grinding, heat treating and coating application. In conjunction with planning and creating work instructions, I have been the primary contact for production status to our customers.
I have also served as liaison and a technical resource when communicating with our vendors. I select and evaluate our new vendors to improve our outside processing capabilities.
The opportunities I have had to quote and manage projects from acceptance of order to final shipment has given me a greater business sense that might be possible in other manufacturing environments.
Pros
small and personal
Cons
limitted on growth
Excellent place to get job experience.
Order Filler Lead/Inside Sales Rep & Acct Manager (Former Employee) –  Springville, UYMay 13, 2015
The people always make or brake a job. In working with people that are always willing to help your be successful, makes for a good experience. Wencor has done that for me. The company is moving out of state and I'm not willing to relocate. I've worked in the warehouse picking, packing and shipping. The past year, I have tried my hand in helping customers with quotes, orders and problems of all kinds. I prefer to be in a warehouse position, behind the scenes not dealing with the customer directly. My goal is to work for another 10 years and retire from a job that has very little stress. Looking for work in the Provo area. I don't have to make a lot of money, just enough to take care of the bills.
The staff is great!
Administrative Assistant to Executives (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTDecember 8, 2014
The staff is great and I was lucky to move up quickly. I love the teams I work with! A typical day at work is very busy and there is always something new. Working with different departments is also great. Everyone is so friendly! I wish they would bring back the kitchen. They do have free soda for people who drink that.
Focused solely on bottom line. Does not care about people.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pessimistic culture led fostered CEO. Almost never a positive word. Private Equity owned business with focus solely on bottom line. People work there because it is in Springville. Nothing else is exceptional. Pay is average, benefits are mediocre, bonus is small if you're lucky enough to get it.

Customer management system is riddled with weaknesses and there is no plan to fix it. Everyone has multiple workarounds for everything.
Pros
Hours weren't super long. Usually about 45-50 hours weekly
Cons
No training, no advancement, pessimistic management. Focused solely on numbers.
Same old same old
Sr. DBA/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 21, 2014
We would start each day with a scrum meeting. Typical not much was done day to day.

There was no real ownership involvement by the team.

CIO wasn't current on technology.
Productive workplace
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTNovember 22, 2013
It was very fast paced, you had to learn quickly if you wanted to keep your job there. The management worked side by side with you which was nice.
verry comfortable work environment.
Assistant Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 8, 2013
nice place to work with verry friendly coworkers, managers that are friendly but still drive you to accomplish your goals.
Just your under average company
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTNovember 20, 2012
Employees are always on edge. Company would really like it if you worked for free. Management still has alot to learn, co-workers are the best part of the place. Hardest part of the job is telling yourself you have to go there every day. Most enjoyable part of job was going home.
Pros
if you live in springville, it is close
Cons
management does not care about their employees, low wages and supervisors and managers do not stand up for their employees
A high-stress, low return place to work
Inside Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTApril 25, 2012
Wencor is a company that looks out for the three or four people on top and bleeds the rest of the work force for productivity. Management does not care about the employee and is not afraid to show it. No serious professional would choose this company over any other option.
Cons
employee benefits, pay, employee perceived value