Wendy's

United States34,584 reviews

Found 34,584 reviews matching the searchSee all 37,733 reviews
foodcrewfastdiscountmanagermealcustomersandwich

Decent First Job

I had days where I felt I was being picked on. Management was ok at first but new management has come in and pushed everyone out. It was a great first job out of high school but you cannot make a living off of what they pay. If you're a certain race, you are likely to not become management worthy.

Pros

employees

Cons

wages, upper management

Good start

Great part time job for a high school kid. Management was very professional and made the work environment feel comfortable. Always were flexible with scheduling.

Wendy's insights

Based on 16,488 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Productive, complemetative, and good pay.

The company took it's time to make training understandable. Their was no harsh or forceful attending to odd hours. The atmosphere was allowably adjustable depending on the position being worked at the time.

Pros

Employee lunch at no cost, 2 days off.

Cons

Healthcare offered only if employee stays employed.

Horrible work place

This company does not care about an employees mental health at all. Every manager there is all for themselves you’re constantly put down and mistreated. When you tell a higher up they will completely ignore you. I have worked here for about 2 years on and off and this time my mental have never been so bad. This job is depressing and employees are over worked and talked down on. Would not recommend working here at all if you like your mental health

Pros

Cons

The whole job

Very fast paced work environment

Fast paced work environment may be good to make you work harder but when you’re always working with little to no down time it gets tiring easily. Some workers don’t even have to work as hard as others and have time to laugh and converse while your breaking multiple sweats. Also if you’re good at something, which in my case was the fry station, they would have you on it forever. And trust me fry station is the worst position you could ask for.

Not the best place to work

Not the best place to work, but the pay is alright (starting rate is about $11.50 an hour). Even if you get trained on everything in the restaurant, they don’t raise your pay a fair amount. Some managers here were really creepy, and hitting on staff. You can’t leave work if you’re sick unless you literally throw up in their face. Most of the time the people who prepare the food on the grill or the burger making station don’t wear gloves so it’s highly unsanitary.

Fast paced

Very fast paced environment- which I loved, but everything else was rough. Work with a bunch of kids who know nothing about anything- and trying to teach/train them was rough.

Pros

Mgrs get free meals

Cons

Work/life balance was like zero.

Fun workspace

pretty easy job, not hard, good pay. Has pretty good management and it is easy to learn and get a hold of. Crew members are very nice and welcoming also.

not for the weak

its a good job but if you like calm environments and like to do things at ur own pace this isn't for u. i felt as if i didn't get much training tbh...

I loved it there.

Wendy’s was my very first real job and I will say I miss working there so much. The people were great and made everyday working there a literal dream. Great management, my schedule was awesome and never interfered with my school, hands on teaching and etc… it was an amazing job and I would definitely do it again if it paid a lot more.

Always rude to the employees, even with higher up managers the shift managers are rude to the upper managers. When the shift managers are in the wrong they still seem to be right all the time.

Terrible unprofessional

Don’t even think about it it’s a terrible place to work even in fast food standards. The management is terrible they just take smoke breaks for hours on end

Fun Environment, Terrible Pay

Lots of young kids but all were very nice. Management was always great and very competent. Always willing to jump in and help out, even the regional manager would join in and make sandwiches or fries on busy days. Only downside was the pay, I worked there for a few years and never got a cent raise and barely made over minimum wage to begin with. Great job for high school kids, not so much adults trying to live and pay bills.

Do not work at wendys

Let me tell why to not work at Wendy’s, I had job at Wendy’s for about 2 years and it was the worst experience of my life! Working here will irritate the freak outta you because people here don’t do nothing.

Pros

$5 lunch meals on break

Cons

Short break, dirty, nobody does nothing.

Good

A good start for people working in the fast food industry, easy, fast. Get a opportunity to learn different things and positions, flexible schedule. Great

Fun and stressing at the same

I really liked working there overall I just didn't agree with the store manager so I quit. There were decisions made I didn't agree with they were over my head so I left

Fun workplace

Super flexible hours with caring managers. Worked this job while in school. Managers were very understanding & kind. You were treated like family when I was there.

Very stressfull job for low pay

I worked for Wendy's for 6 months and the entire time I felt that management never respected their employees. They played favorites and never listened to anyone outside of that.

About what you'd expect from a fast food place

They had me on the maximum possible hours to still be considered part time while effectively still taking up as much time as a full times job, so that's not great, but the actual job wasn't horrifically unreasonable. I didn't work as a cashier, so I didn't really deal with customers much outside of fixing an order. The people there were nice enough, though there wasn't much time to chat for most of the shift.

Pros

2 free food items off the menu

Cons

If on closing, you might be staying late frequently, they max out your hours.

Fun place for a first job

Communication.Collaboration and teamwork.Problem-solving.Quality and accuracy of work.Attendance and dependability.Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.

Wendy's has delicious food.

Wendy's is a good place to work. But the managers do have their picks, out of the employees. Certain employees have to scrub the restrooms. Even though it's not their job!!! Then they have to help certain employees do their job. Because that employee was sitting and smoking with a manager. I would recommend working day shift at a Wendy's restaurant. I really do enjoy working with the customers. Working here at Wendy's, you will meet a wide range of people, from all around the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wendy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Wendy's with

Wendy's reviews by popular job title

• Wendy's