WENTE VINEYARDS Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
fun, busy, active enviorment
customer service, cart (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 3, 2018
Fast paced, pretty good working culture, amazing views. Learned a lot about prioritizing, timing as well as improved customer service. As for the golf course side, lots of physical and hands on work.
Productive environment with plenty of networking opportunities
Wine Studio Helper (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 16, 2018
I have been working at Wente for not too long, but I have loved every hour spent there. The work environment is full of energy, positivity, and focus. You are always busy and you meet some truly incredible individuals there. I love working there!
Pros
Discounts on most items at vineyard
One big family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 17, 2018
I really do enjoy working at Wente, but I wish they offered more full-time positions and higher pay. When you come here, you're like one big family, and you learn so many new things now just from each other, but from the different experiences you have with guests that come and go.
Fun environment, always learning
Wedding Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day at work consists of getting ready for the up coming weekends wedding (typically around 4, up to 10 during busy season) baking, making and decorating all cakes. on weekends must handle cake consultations and deliveries. I learned a lot about cake decorating here and am now capable of making incredible cakes. Management is great and open minded. Its is a great and fun place to work and learn with welcoming people. The hardest part of the job was my schedule. I worked full time hours (usually overtime) and every weekend with out being a full time employee. The most enjoyable part of my job was my great coworkers.
Pros
Lots of hours, free staff lunch
Cons
fulltime benefits rarely offered, work every weekend
Event Server
Event Server (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working as an event server at Wente Vineyards. There were always fun banquets and events to go to and there were always fun people to interact with throughout my shifts.
fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Being a manager at Wente was a good job and I liked all the people I worked with. I was in charge of the front of the house but also worked closely witht the back of the house.
Productive and fun place to work
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Working at Wente is a lot of fun. Being able to be social with coworkers while still being highly productive is an ideal work environment. The management is friendly and understanding but when productivity is needed they aren't scared to manage and delegate jobs to employees.
Fast Paced Environment
JR. SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 6, 2018
This is a great place to work if your just starting out and wanting to learn from the ground up. You will learn so much in short periods of time. The Catering team is like one big happy family.
Pros
Free lunch, Team Oriented, Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent hours, short staffed
Perks for Part Time Employees
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 16, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Generous employee discounts for wine, food, golf and events and not limited to only full time employees.
No real opportunity for advancement unless you are sales focused. Environment can be quite cliquey and management doesn't hide who their "favorites" are, which is very disappointing.
Pros
Flexible schedule, generous discounts
Cons
Lack of opportunity for growth, favoritism
Productive and fun workplace plus the tips where nice
Server/Catering (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Probably the most relaxed staff I've worked with from mangers to regular employees. Not only was it a good work environment but the staff was very good with staying on top of their tasks. Everything got done on time! On the weekdays, WENTE held events such as birthdays, dinners, weddings, and golf tournaments. Weekdays would be the days the staff would cater to guests, while weekends was when the staff would serve 4-5 tables while the guests sat down and enjoyed a concert held on the Vinyard Lawn.
Pros
After guests finished their food from the buffet the staff got to help themselves to the leftovers, Gourmet leftover
Cons
Rolling round tables and putting them away after the concert was over, Getting off at 3am then driving home wasn't that much fun
Server at The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
Server (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 13, 2016
As a server at The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards I serve guest in a friendly, efficient, and timely manner. I ensure each guest is served is served an excellent quality product, in an efficient, and timely manner, pleasantly and hospitably. I provide guests with friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service (food and wine knowledge) using proper service standards and procedures.
Pros
I am able to be sociable with all guest, and learn new things everyday.
Great opportunity and fun environment
Tasting Room Helper (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 21, 2016
Working here was a great opportunity for me when I was in high school. I loved working with the employees in the tasting room and being able to get a discount on things like shows, products and food. They also paid well for my age.
Easy going job
Catering Server/Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 15, 2016
As a catering/banquet server with the event staff and catering Dept, you serve at weddings, private events, concerts, etc. It is fairly easy compared to any serving job I've had.. (no order taking). Just have to prep, set up, serve, wine, and reset once they leave. It's pretty chill so far..not been long.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy going co-workers and staff, perks of a winery..
Cons
rarely get tips, have to dress in very formal attire, very tentative schedule/not much notice in advanced
Many wonderful perks when working for Wente Vineyards
Wine Educator and Sales (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 17, 2015
As a part-time Wine Ambassador, I work in all (4) tasting rooms. I provide wine education and sales by pouring "Flights" of Wente wines to guests visiting the tasting rooms. We also provide tours, teambuilding events, and our Summer Concert Series.
Management work very hard to ensure the staff is current on all wine releases. Always a fun time when working at Wente!
Pros
Discounts on Wine, the Wente Restaurant, the Grill, Golf, Wonderful Co-Workers
Cons
Can be very physical. Winery Events are long days, but fun.
very fun place to work!
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 4, 2015
I learned a tremendous amount while working at Wente vineyards. The guys I worked with then were a lot of fun. I really can't say what Wente is like now its been a long time.
Fun environment
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 15, 2014
Fun spot to work. Great employee benefits. Wonderful first job.
Fun
Catering Server and Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 21, 2014
•Skilled in essential physical job functions.
•Anticipated customer needs while empathizing with a diverse range of customers.
•Responded, resolved and followed-up on problems and assure complete satisfaction.
•Accurately and quickly took and placed all food orders.
•Answered all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
•Prepared and/or delivered food, beverages and desserts orders
•Checked food for appearance, temperature and portion size, and delivered food orders in a timely fashion.
•Other responsibilities included wedding set-up, tear-down, reception host, retail, cashier, palletizing (forklift certified), and inventory.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
seasonal job only
Very Productive
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 7, 2014
a great family owned company great people great employees i would love to go work back at wente vineyards
A great group of people with amazing wines
Sales, Customer Service & Hospitality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 21, 2013
Great group of people to work with, good training and learning opportunities and amazing wines.
Pros
discounts on wine and store merchandise
Cons
low pay and required ot work weekends