Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and innovative work place
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 7, 2018
I loved working with hospital staff and interacting with external customers as well. The benefits were amazing and the HR team was a delight to work with, always looking to improve the employee experience.
student nurse clinical
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 2, 2018
I had a clinical rotation as a student nurse at the family center here. This was a wonderful place to have a clinical rotation and it seemed like a wonderful place to have a baby. The staff there is incredible and very knowledgeable.
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 20, 2018
A good place to volunteer. As a volunteer, options for career advancement are obviously limited, but that's to be expected in a volunteer position. Compensation is limited again, but volunteers don't work particularly long hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Very political environment, senior employees cause more stress than any other factor
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 19, 2018
Direct management is outstanding. Senior leadership habitually targets employees. Very rigid hierarchy. Extremely political environment. Keep your head down and mouth shut if you want to work there long
Pros
Adequate pay
Cons
Near constant fear of losing your job
WDH is a great work environment that encourages continued education
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 3, 2018
WDH makes every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. They have been flexible throughout my employment while I have been in school and encouraged me to work in the organization to start my new career.
Excellent new grad internship program
RN on Pediatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 1, 2018
Enjoyable supportive nurses on most floors, fast pace during days. Lots of training and learning opportunities. Nights were not too bad. Fair pay but good benefits.
Pros
good training
Cons
fair pay
High quality, patient-focused hospital
Clinical Patient Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 22, 2018
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is a values-based employer that supports and invests in its people, facility, and community. Top-notch participative leadership practices and supportive workplace culture.Hardest part of the job is leaving! Most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to contribute to systems improvements and continuously enhance my own knowledge and skill development.
Enjoyable place to work
Nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 19, 2018
Able to work the hours I wanted as per diem. Good pay. Understaffed at times with heavy workloads, but all in all a good place to work. Other nurses willing to pitch in and help.
Pros
Excellent pay, good hours
Cons
Long hours some days.
Great people
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 7, 2018
I love the people that I work with, the company is always looking for ways to develop people and I have been able to build myself at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital.
Pros
love the people i work with and the community
Cons
pay isn't as great as leading competitors
Nothing to say!
Biller II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 7, 2018
Nothing to say! Not a fun place to work! When you have knots in your stomach on the way to work it makes for a long day! Management is all for themselves and the HR department listens by in one ear out the other ear.
inadequate
general housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 30, 2018
The only way to get through working here is if you are part of the cliche. If you were part of the cliche you could do whatever you want when you want, others had to do not only their job but the job of others too.
Smile,laughter, and people
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 13, 2018
A day at work very busy. I have learn the medical terms and different personality's in people. Management very fair. The hardest part of my job was when a patient was sad. Helping was my enjoyable
i enjoy it
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 11, 2018
a learning experience always doing something. my manager is a wonderful lady and very smart.the people i work with are very pleasant. remembering all the procurees.i enjoy my job the people,
Former Employee
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 31, 2018
Management needs to be more inclusive and diverse to staff who are minority. Stop having cliques, favorites and favoritism to certain employees within certain departments.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
Management favor certain employees.
Not a good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NH 03820January 28, 2018
Worked as a security officer. Was excited at first to get the job however after my first day began I started applying to other jobs and regretted accepting the job. Very rude work culture and rude direct supervisors. Security staff is so bored they overreact to everything. Unclear rules of how to perform the job with changes happening almost constantly. Most of the rest of the hospital staff also hates security except for emergency room staff. If you enjoy walking around a hospital checking for unlocked doorknobs, unlocking doors for staff that forget their keys, searching for lightbulbs that have gone out, and writing tickets to staff that park in the wrong spots with their car and the tickets don't actually do anything you may enjoy this job. I hope this review helps someone.
Pros
Twelve hour shifts are nice
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful untrustworthy supervisors
Lacking solid management
Admitting Liaison/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 21, 2018
Management is hired on a who can kiss butt better basis. Has nothing to do with skill or education. Always young 28 and under attractive females. Usually unsupportive and quick to form clicks and judge new employees
Excellent hosptial
Licensed Nursing Assistant/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 10, 2018
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is a great organization to work for. You will love not only the people you work with, but the patients you care for as well.
Good Place to work if you live nearby
Medical Biller/ Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 4, 2018
Good team work. Clean environment and work stations. Parking is convenient and close by. Location is not convenient and close to any other businesses. Lunch time is limited and does not give you much time to prep and eat.
Positive work experience
Medical Transcriptionist II (CHDS) (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 5, 2017
Very positive 11+ years of service with excellent benefits. I was sorry to have been laid off due to outsourcing. Overall a very positive environment to work in.
Great Employee Culture
Human Resources Intern / Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 3, 2017
Working their was great. Management care about employee development, and compensates employees respectively. Colleagues are very friendly and compassionate about their work.
Pros
Make your move to improve program, recognition through awards and compensation.
Cons
large organization, hard to meet everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight