Wentworth Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Good for a first job
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2019
As a student worker, Wentworth is a good place to start for initial experience. Most of the problems faced are representative of what it is like working at a helpdesk and prepares students for an external entry level job.
Productive and learning experience
Head Chef/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2019
Wentworth was a learning experience, I learn and accomplish things I wasn't capable of doing..I learn about food temperature, how to cook certain food, how to cut certain object...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It is the Students that make this College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2019
The students come to Wentworth ready to learn and are ready for college. The school is hard and not all graduate, but those who do have a great future.

Everyone in my Department helps everyone else.
Pros
The money is good
Cons
Hard to advance
Working at Wentworth was Great
Technical Program Manager/ Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2019
It was amazing working here for me. I went to school there then worked there and boy that made things more fun. Everyone was interested in my development and you always felt part of a team. Really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Everything except pay
Cons
low Wages
Office Politics
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2019
Should be a great place to work but if you aren't going to play the games of office politics it can get very stressful very fast. Management of my department looked for people to blame rather than looking for solutions for standing issues which they were aware of months in advanced. Applier beware.
Pros
Great time off
Cons
Poor management
well its a college
Student (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Im only a student there is nothing i can really write but the website is making me write more... Idk what to tell you. well. the pool room is really fun and diverse. professors are super understanding but will run you into the ground
N/a
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2019
I have had a very pleasant experience at Wentworth so far. All of the athletic trainers and athletes that I have worked with have been both helpful and kind.
My team
Admin Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
My time at Wentworth was very breif, but memorable. The teram in the college of continuing education is supportive and was a great joy to work for. I had zero stressful days working here.
Toxic and unproductive environment for a faculty to work in.
TENURED ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2018
There is a total lack of higher education vision. Faculty have no genuine say. Standards are very low. Scholarship is not valued.
The general culture is that of a poorly managed private vocational school, which has been Wentworth's status for most of its history.
Pros
Cons
Mismanagment. Lack of genuine higher education vision and culture.
No complaints
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2018
During my time at WIT, I was given a lot of opportunities to learn different things; the supervisors I had over the years were all supportive and always open to provide professional development opportunities. I had a positive experience working there.
Work Study Job
Administrative Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2018
The Job was a work study that provided students with income during the school year. Worked on homework and occasionally organized the work place so that courses ran smoothly
Enjoyed working with my peers and supervisor
Lab Technician (COOP) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Learning how to improvise with my environments to solve real issues faced during the COOP period is something unobtainable in a regular classroom.

It also provided experience with human interactions to work with you to achieve a similar goal, but it can be difficult if communication between us are difficult.
Pros
Good cooperation between peers, flexible lunch hours
Cons
Lack of communication between some supervisors
Great school job.
Materials Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2018
It was a part-time school job where I gained entry level experience with assisting reports to the resource manager. Also, I learned to catalogue and update materials in various library systems.
I have enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant to the Provost (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
I worked very well with everyone there from the ground up. Dealing with students was the best part of my job in the Admissions Office. In Human Resources, I had to work with the employees and the faculty, and I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
great people
Good school, good people
Director of Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Wentworth is a nice hidden secret among the more well-known universities in Boston. It is a great school for those with engineering, technical, design aptitude who want to be more hands-on. People are hard-working and care.
Work-study job in lab
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2017
Was able to gain relationships within the Construction Management Department as a result of having this work-study. I often was allowed to complete homework during my free time at this job.
co - op
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
It was a part of my co- op and I have been working on a small project for north Uganda in Africa and that helped me to achieve the highest goals that I wanted.
family orientated workplace
Student Financial Services Counselor/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2017
Very supportive management team, content of the job was comprehensive. The workplace environment was quiet, workload and communication lacked structure.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
prolonged temp assingments
Great Faculty and Great students.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2017
I have worked as a lab assistant at Wentworth for four years. In all my time working there, I have never felt any stress on the job and have always been able to enjoy the luxury of using extra academic resources towards my projects while I was working there (I was a full time student at the same time).
Technical School
Senior Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work closely with a smaller student body and get to know and collaborate with staff and faculty from all facets of the campus.