Wentworth Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Toxic and unproductive environment for a faculty to work in.
TENURED ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2018
There is a total lack of higher education vision. Faculty have no genuine say. Standards are very low. Scholarship is not valued.
The general culture is that of a poorly managed private vocational school, which has been Wentworth's status for most of its history.
Pros
Cons
Mismanagment. Lack of genuine higher education vision and culture.
Work Study Job
Administrative Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2018
The Job was a work study that provided students with income during the school year. Worked on homework and occasionally organized the work place so that courses ran smoothly
Enjoyed working with my peers and supervisor
Lab Technician (COOP) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Learning how to improvise with my environments to solve real issues faced during the COOP period is something unobtainable in a regular classroom.

It also provided experience with human interactions to work with you to achieve a similar goal, but it can be difficult if communication between us are difficult.
Pros
Good cooperation between peers, flexible lunch hours
Cons
Lack of communication between some supervisors
Great school job.
Materials Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2018
It was a part-time school job where I gained entry level experience with assisting reports to the resource manager. Also, I learned to catalogue and update materials in various library systems.
I have enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant to the Provost (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
I worked very well with everyone there from the ground up. Dealing with students was the best part of my job in the Admissions Office. In Human Resources, I had to work with the employees and the faculty, and I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
great people
Good school, good people
Director of Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Wentworth is a nice hidden secret among the more well-known universities in Boston. It is a great school for those with engineering, technical, design aptitude who want to be more hands-on. People are hard-working and care.
Work-study job in lab
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2017
Was able to gain relationships within the Construction Management Department as a result of having this work-study. I often was allowed to complete homework during my free time at this job.
co - op
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
It was a part of my co- op and I have been working on a small project for north Uganda in Africa and that helped me to achieve the highest goals that I wanted.
family orientated workplace
Student Financial Services Counselor/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2017
Very supportive management team, content of the job was comprehensive. The workplace environment was quiet, workload and communication lacked structure.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
prolonged temp assingments
Great Faculty and Great students.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2017
I have worked as a lab assistant at Wentworth for four years. In all my time working there, I have never felt any stress on the job and have always been able to enjoy the luxury of using extra academic resources towards my projects while I was working there (I was a full time student at the same time).
Technical School
Senior Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2017
Excellent opportunity to work closely with a smaller student body and get to know and collaborate with staff and faculty from all facets of the campus.
Na
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
This job was quite a bit ago, but I loved giving a helping hand whenever I was needed. Learning new things as I did tasks at hand. The staff was friendly as well and made me love what I did even more.
A Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
Offers a challenge everyday, and has one of the best college staffs around! All of its employees are great people. The management isnt' the best, and can be frustrating at times, but no major complaints.
The workplace was enjoyable and the leadership was amazing.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
I had a wonderful time at Wentworth but do to budget constraints I was let go. The atmosphere there made me feel at ease with difficult tasks that came up.
Pros
Exceptional Leadership
Cons
Budget Constraints
Productive and doesn't involve a lot of physical work although it could be required
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
Challenging environment that taught me the importance of security and safety. The day didn't require too much physical work but efficiency and attention to detail was very important, which I've grown a lot of respect and understanding for.
Pros
Not a lot of traffic during shifts
Cons
Long shifts
Great place to learn
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2017
Spent a short while working for Wentworth as a lab tech. I had no problems working with the professionals I spent time with. The compensation was unsurprisingly low for this temporary position as a student.
great environment low pay
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2017
great environment low pay. The team of associates and support offices is great, and they go above and beyond to satisfy your needs. The professors are understanding to your personal issues or when you have other work to do, so you won't be obligated to be in class assisting.
Great place to teach
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to teach, the college works well with the adjunct faculty. I would recommend working here to anyone that is currently considering it.
Excellent place to work
Technology Sandbox Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2016
As a co-op student i found this an excellent place to leanr skills for my future working life. I was put into what could be described as building a startup, as I was tasked with helping to develop and grow the new Technology Sandbox in Wentworth's Library. To do this I had to learn how to operate the 3D printers, cameras and other technology available art an expert level to be ale to aid students and teach them how to utilize these technologies. I also had to work as the main face of the space, being inside of the technology Sandbox and being the person that was there to help and guide any students faculty or staff that came in to use the facility.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, great space to work in
Love the people here
Math/Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2016
Great place to work and learn. I was a student worker here and loved it. The professors and other employees are great. I woud go back in a heart beat if I could. Great place to be, especially with Boston surrounding you.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Nothing I can think of besides that it is a fairly new, up and coming school