Werner Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Customer Focused
Inventory Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 26, 2018
Everyone is great to work with and help out when the need arises. Very customer Focused! Everyone does the best that they can to meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
very good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 5, 2018
loved working there.Very good job to work at just was not for me.
Lost my licence at the time of working there.
Would not mind working again. push to work.
continious change
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 14, 2018
the communication from leadership to employees is not good.

your questions don't get responses.

normal day is clock in and load truck make out route and start delivering to customers.

the culture was best described as some days were ok and others no help at all. very frustrating.

the hard part of the job was wondering if your doing something wrong constantly.

the best part of the job was delivering to my customers who a lot I have gotten to know quite well over the years.
Pros
freedom to be out delivering.
Cons
no scheulded breaks
not bad work, but bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 27, 2018
I personally liked the work, but didn't like the management. Very incompetent. They would usually yell at workers for things they didn't do. I hope things have changed
Great place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJanuary 24, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Werner! Had I not opened my own company, I would still be there! The staff are supported by management, and the management is respectful, caring and professional.
Fake culture and clicky
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 12, 2017
They preach culture but only follow it if it benefits the company and certain individuals. If you want to advance I hope you are of the male gender and are in the click.
Good Company, Bad Manager
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 27, 2017
Company is good to work for. I just had problems with my manager. Not sure what else I can write about. I enjoyed the people I worked with. However, their IT department was limited in what they knew
Nice lunch room
Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 12, 2017
quiet, large areas, the building is nice, nice landscaping, big open areas, nice lighting, meeting rooms nice, cold in the winter, cold in the summer.
Pros
parking lot
Cons
open
Werner can be a great place to work, but there have been alot of injuries due to the nature of the job.
Route Driver, customer service, material handling (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 22, 2017
Werner offers a great facility, clean work environments, great benefits, and a sense of community. It is still a small privately held company and offers room for growth and advancement.
so-so
can't say (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 14, 2017
Get place to work if you're part of the clique, otherwise not so good. Somewhat obsessed with laying blame rather than just solving the problem & moving on. Extremely cumbersome computer system with no training.
Pros
encourages you to spend money entertaining customers
Cons
little to no opportunity for continuing education
Problems with Employees
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 8, 2017
People did not know how to communicate. Other employees did not want to do their required job around the warehouse. Some employees were difficult to work with.
Pros
free luches
Cons
people did not communicate
growing company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 21, 2017
Typical warehouse-type work that includes picking, packing, unloading trucks. Learned to use computers, acquired forklift certification. Management is looking to constantly improve practices. Family-owned company.
Management needs restructuring
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2017
Great company at the core - unfortunately, some unethical people have been given a bit too much power. HR is not helpful for the employee when it comes to any issues. Decent rates of pay, good benefits, affordable healthcare. Advancement in some departments is based on who kisses up the most. Lazy employees get enabled. The harder workers get the most work - of course. Be careful who you trust.
Pros
Flexibility, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Ok company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 16, 2017
Overall a decent company to work for. Daily duties and working conditions are good. Clean warehouse and office area, trucks are fairly well maintained, compensation is competitive within the industry. Workplace culture is good. Management could be better. Fairly inconsistent with enforcing established policies within the company. Performance reviews are annual and done in January only.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Inconsistent management
Excellent environment, great people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 6, 2017
My time as an intern was enjoyable. Everyone there was wonderful and willing to bend backwards to help if you needed assistance. It was an enjoyable place to work.
Great Company Culture
General (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Werner Electric is filled with amazing individuals. I've grown so much within my career and made some life long friends. We all work well as a team amongst all departments, especially since the corporate building move from Neenah to Appleton, WI. There are plenty of growth opportunities if you ask for it and show hard work and dedication.

Executive/management team is visible and great to work with. They care about their employees and work hard so that we reach our goals/succeed together.

Compensation and benefits are competitive in the market.
Pros
Great company culture, good pay/benefits, growing company, flexible schedule
Great place to work!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Growing company and lots of opportunities. Leadership genuinely cares about employees. Fun environment and fantastic people, I love coming in to work every single day and tell all my friends to consider opportunities here!
Overall great work environment with break room perks
1st Shift Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 5, 2016
It was an overall great place to work. Coworkers got along well and worked well together. No easy to move up or advance through the company
An excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Werner Electric Supply very much. I worked with a good group of people who were personable and professional and enjoyed helping them on a daily basis when it came to anything I could do to make their sales jobs a little bit easier.
Bad place to work
Warehouse manager inside sales (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 7, 2015
You felt like you were in high school while working there. They say that they promote within but rarely do. the regional manager in the southeast is a control freak.
Pros
Branch lunches
Cons
no breaks with little pay.