Werner Enterprises

Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

United States2,175 reviews
Found 2,175 reviews matching the search
I had a good experience at Werner. I was on a regional account. I made good pay n was able to take off whenever I needed to. I work with some good people.
I had a broken my ankle on the job workmens comp didnt pay good at all they had me stuck up in a disgusting motel for weeks while i healed and still wanted me to work a desk job going back and fourth to the terminal and to the motel and then my mom to tryed commit suicide and when i told them i need to be there for her a couple of weeks they said no and ultimately i lost my job if you dont care about your family and you dont get hurt while on the job sure take this job when your acctually driving a semi truck it great pay great feeling other than being by yourself
AWESOME EXPERIENCE until i got a new drivers manager (DM). this DM was like a slave driver and unconcerned about my safety. a great DM knows how to balance the drivers concerns and needs while ensuring the loads keep moving. the wrong DM makes the driving experience horrible. It should be mandatory that a driver manager have OTR experience so they can relate and comprehend what they are requiring, demanding, requesting. COMPANY DOES A GREAT JOB AT PROVING YOU WHAT YOU NEED OUT THE DOOR. FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY! The company can also be just a tad bit more particular about its equipment. ijs.
Pros
Good pay, fair equipment, good people
Cons
Their driver managers suck butt
I didn't stay long they claim to pay so much per mile but mostly is per diem that the government allows. It just wasn't right for me I'm a better fit in a smaller company.
Pros
Safety minded they don't give you care for shutting down
Cons
Equipment is always damaged
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I did not have a phone experience with this job everybody was just rude driver managers always got mad when you stopped for bad weather or The road was closed because of bad weather
The pay is great compared to all other starting companies. Consistent work and newer model trucks. Management has never gave me an issue in 6 months. There are no hounding dispatchers. And they have good benefits
Pros
Pay is good if you're willing to work
Cons
No owner operator lease program
Over all good company. But I believe anything that takes you away from family time needs to be compensated much much more. Not that there's a price on family but so when your with them you can spend that money on them....
Pros
Great staff keep you moving
Cons
N/a
A lot depends on luck. What dispatch you end up with, the quality of the truck you get assigned. Compared to what I have heard from other drivers, I have had great dispatchers. That makes all the difference.
Pros
Broad based support
Cons
too many chiefs, not that many indians
I’ve only been working for this company a little over 2 months now, but I feel at home. Good communication and your fleet manager will make sure you get your miles and home when needed.
Not for the faint! It is very hot, hard, heavy & very difficult! Be sure you are not just fit but actually fit! I fainted in the truck & volunteering quit. Everyone was nice & supportive & they supply you w water! Great company, I just could not handle it. I did, but didn’t last a week. Broke my confidence.
Pros
Free water, great fleet managers, co-workers were great & supportive.
Cons
Disgusting hotel stay, an ghetto bus ride home. Also, was starving!
over the four years that I worked for Werner, my experience, knowledge and pay increased. I went through additional training even though I went through truck driving school which was beneficial instead of just handling me keys to a truck and figuring it out all on my own. I worked over the road and various dedicated accounts both temporarily and permanent. the most fun was over the road getting to see various parts of America I’ve never been before. the most financial rewarding was my final assignment with the Coca Cola account in Atlanta, great drivers and management. the only reason I left was for a new life experience, relationship in Virginia. I recommend anyone interested in truck driving as a career to really look at Werner Enterprises and not listen to any trucker naysayers that talk bad about the large companies.
Pros
Trucker Appreciation, benefits
Cons
lot of driving to get any money
Training program is long and drawn out. Your out with your leader for 3-5 weeks and do all the work and barley get paid for it. The recruiters tell you whatever to get you to say yes
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
Training program
Dispatchers were just disrespectful and inconsiderate of anything going on with the driver. Although it was ultimately 100% my fault of why I’m no longer with this company. My time there was not pleasant. But as I move around to certain companies in the trucking industry, i realize this is the case most times when it comes to dispatchers.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Minimal respect and communication
I work at Anheuser-Busch in Columbus, OH on a home daily, and I LOVE my account. Trucks are pretty new and we get to haul up to 120 thousand pounds of cargo. Pay could be better, but it is guaranteed as long as you show up on time, don't call off or request a short day. The boss is pretty amazing and will help you out as long as you do your job. The dispatchers are hit or miss.
Pros
Good pay, Good management
Cons
Can have some long days
Came on as a new hire with experience. Had one good trainer. All the rest just wanted somebody to rack up miles for them. One was so stupid he expected me to finish my 5 hours behind the wheel while falling asleep! Another had a truck w/ intermittent electrical problems that left you stranded every time it rained! NOPE! Can't fix it or trade it in, Gotta rack up the miles. This was the same guy that let some guy jump on the running board in the warehouse district of LA and rolled the window down for him! I finally got off at a truck stop and took a Greyhound home! Also, could have sat for weeks in that "hotel" in Colton, CA waiting for a trainer, that is if I didn't get my throat slit first by the locals. My advice? Forget the company policy on firearms - discreetly keep your pistol with you, no matter WHO you drive for! Also, they do absolutely enforce the "no alcohol 24/7/365" policy while in training. I know of two guys that got booted for alcohol in their rooms.
Pros
Darn few & far between!
Cons
See my review. NEVER got off the east coast!!! LOUSY training wages!!
It’s was very productive and efficient. Allows for travel and learning of transportation practices. Ensuring yourself if one wanted to become an owner operator, he or she will be comfortable in doing so
As team drivers we would get a good load going 1400 miles the after 300 miles they would have exchanged trailers with another driver the have to sit and wait anywhere from 6 to 13 hours befor we could go to drop site then wait for an average of 5-9 hours to get unloaded. Almost every trailer we got withr need repair before yo could use it or take your chances not getting a ticket. As for repairs you call break down and they tell you they will call you back wich was normally 6 hours later even if the truck had a flat tire. So @ ,25 split per mile we were lucky to make food money and as for sitting it was 75% in a shipping yard and you weren't allowed to leave. So we were prisoners/ Slaves stuck on a truck on the east coast and we are from California. We lived in the truck full time so as for the company, no way would I recommend my worst enemy to work for them
Love working with Werner been here 3 yesrs. Good FM so it's need a great experience. They have new trucks for everyone. Atlanta terminal is a very nice place
Get into the stores unloading. What I learned was this is not a job for someone that is trying to be there for the long term. Not enough pay for the work. Nothing is enjoyable by that account my your face and do other behind your back I would never work there ever again made a big mistake going there.
Pros
Good place to start get your little time move on.
Cons
Not enough pay for all those stores
Werner was a great company to start driving but once you get some experience and can get hired by a different company run. You will never be home in time, their pay is low, the retention pay is very low, the dispatchers are very disrespectful with the exception of the ones out of El Paso Tx. I was grateful that I was hired by them but it was a very bad experience for me.
Pros
Your see the lower 48 States(from your drivers seat), New or almost new equipment
Cons
Low pay, home time is not garantied and usually are late getting home even if requested months in advance
Good company that gave me ever opportunity to be successful. I moved up on each move. They afforded me the opportunity to see the country and travel extensively .
Pros
Good work environment