Werner Enterprises
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Found 2,329 reviews matching the search
I am a CDL driver, driving a 53ft. dry van for NetOps. I have been with them for 5 years and enjoy being home daily. The major thing that disappoints me is that we don't earn sick or vacation leave. The office staff earns leave, but the drivers have to take time off without pay. The one thing I really like is that they keep their trucks maintained and trading old ones off for new models.
It actually all depends on the account you were working with. I was home mostly on weekends. Everyone's experiences will be different, I actually worked with decent dispatchers
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not enough hometime
Decent company to work for however the route I had been hired on for had ended up being given to someone else and I was stuck doing OTR instead of Regional.
Werner is an overall good company to work for, however it depends on your Manager(s), and location. If you're unsatisfied with your current position, there are many opportunities to advance or relocate. I did get passed on a promotion which I feel I deserved, which gives me the feeling that it's a who you know vs who's the best candidate type organization. Shifts are 10 hours, and pay is adequate. Raises are about 3% every 12-18 months
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Long hours, and can be dull at times.
Okay starter company Werner has plenty of accounts to jump around from until you find what’s work best for you. Pay is so so it definitely could be better, trucks aren’t in the best shape unless you’re a team driver. Lastly, being able to drive 68 is awesome.
Pros
68mph, laid back, lots of accounts.
Cons
Poor equipment, dispatchers who don’t care, not a lot of local accounts.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
it was a job. It was my first driving job so I stayed longer than I should have. The pay was average at best. Management was great. Hours were pretty good also.
The days go by quickly because there is always something to do. There is a lot of pressure from the higher leadership and politics is an issue here. Advancement is difficult without knowing someone. My coworkers are a great group of people and my manager is fantastic. I do think Werner does try to foster a culture that takes care of its employees, even if it isn't always successful. My knowledge & experience have grown by leaps & bounds here. Pay is lower than other companies in the industry, but there is better job security than other companies in trucking.
Pros
lots of great people, positions challenge you, lots of skills & experience growth
Cons
lower pay, high stress, lots of politics
I like the company as a whole. The people are great, the money is good. I’m on the dollar general account and the work is not as hard or as bad as most people make it out to be. My only issue is that the company does not seem to care about work life balance. I don’t really have time to do anything outside of work and I get very little home time. The company goes by the legal hours of service. Working 70 hours a week and getting 34 hours off may be legal but I don’t believe it offers a healthy work life balance. I can’t see myself staying with this company long term while working these hours. It’s really my only issue with Werner.
Pros
You get to choose what account you want to be on, the pay is good, benefits, good people, management cares about its employees
Cons
Long hours and little time off
I did enjoy the fact that I got to drive all over the country. I did not like the fact that my short time with the company, I didn't get very much home time.
With Werner for 3 years. They took pretty good care of me and my supervisor was awesome. Not a lot of opportunity in safety to learn a lot of new things though.
Pros
Helpful supervisor
Cons
Stuck in a sort of box as far as experience
Great job to start out in the trucking industry. I've learned a lot in the last year working for Werner enterprises and would definitely recommend for new drivers and OTR drivers.
Werner enterprises is a good start for any new drivers. I’m located in So-Cal so there are only the dollar(family,general, tree) accounts, Starbucks accounts, and OTR to my knowledge. If you want to be home weekly then dollar accounts are where it is at. The catch is that those accounts are touch freight meaning you unload the trailer yourself. It’s a lot of labor work. And those accounts have really tight spots to back in to because most don’t have an actual dock to unload. If you want drop and hook then it’ll be otr and Starbucks but you won’t be home. Pay may look good but you’re doing 60-70 hours a week. Get 6-12 months experience and leave for something else.
Pros
Offers 3-5 weeks training. Great place for new drivers. Offers tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Long hours. Pay.
Werner was a great place to work, the equipment is new , nice trucks and nice trailers overall, they are really good at giving you what you need to succeed
Not worth it get you pr experience and leave, many people stick around but it’s only for the brown noisers. Not worth anyone time with there lies and false truths
Good pay for the first 2-3 months.Then your pay will drop way down.You will receive more to train than being a professional driverDo not work for them
Pros
N/a
Cons
Na
Orientation training and out on road training truck not adequate for real life backing situations. Upper management unrealistic expectations blames the driver for inadequate of their training programs
Pros
Fleet Mgr was great
Cons
Not enough training
This is my 1st company I'm driving for, so far one of the best business I've worked for period. They definitely take good care of their employees and compensate you well, on top of a great benefits package. Whats really good about this company is your choice to work OTR, regional or even local if available. You can also choose what account you work on and switch at any time.. Don't want to touch freight? Not a problem. Want to be more active? There's an account for you.
Pros
Pay, benefits, responsive management
Cons
Only automatic trucks
Right out of school got this job. Love the freedom I have. Always gets me home when requested. Great place to work right out of school. Great experience to travel the US
Okay company to start your career with. Pay is decent not going to make a fortune. Depending on who your fleet manager is depends if you enjoy your job
Pros
Okay money if your on the right account
Cons
Some equipment/pay/home life
Sometimes it’s a hit or miss when it comes to weekend dispatch. Majority of it though it sucks. The sit and wait is ridiculous even for team driving. Getting to see the country is a huge big plus. Werner is a great starter company don’t get me wrong. Staying long term with Werner though.. find something better.
Overall They are a good company to work for ! You just have to keep them honest and upfront as recruiters will try and Baffle with you with brilliance and promise you B.S !
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Depending on DM Short Hometime !
  1. Employee Reviews