Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Found 1,461 reviews matching the search See all 1,496 reviews
Was a contractor here NOT an employee
IBM i Developer 3 / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2018
I was a contractor here and NOT an employee. The questions here relate more to employees than contractors. This should NOT be a required entry in my humble opinion.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not much to do in Omaha :)
Loved that Werner had a lot of terminals and great equipment
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2018
The drivers received as much support as needed with an open door environment to encourage interaction with qny issues that might arise. The drivers were allowed to change their types of equipment and training with cross training available.
Hiring Process
Driver Applicant (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAOctober 19, 2018
My husband is a new driver, just graduated from truck driving school. The school he graduated from is heavily recruited at by Werner, and a recruiter reached out to my husband this week. They had a long chat about the job details as well as taking a verbal job application over the phone and discussed my husband's background. He has a third-degree felony (a glorified misdemeanor) which is more than 10 years ago, and is not driving, drug, or DUI related. He made restitution years ago and has had no further legal issues since then (it was a one-time occurrence, not a pattern of behavior).

His job history is stable for the last 10 years as well as having glowing references from his most recent employer of 7 years with regard to my husband's character and ethics. He has a clean MVR, clean criminal record (with the exception of the one incident all those years ago), non-smoker/drinker/drug user, good credit, good financial habits, excellent professional and personal references - nothing that would remotely lead anyone to believe he would not be an exemplary employee.

However, Werner notified my husband this afternoon that his application was declined due to this old felony and they didn't even bother to check his references or discuss the matter any further.

In an industry that's so desperate for good drivers, why is Werner being so unnecessarily discriminatory? If they're looking for squeaky-clean drivers that have never had any trouble, they'll be in perpetual need of drivers because the talent pool that meets their overly stringent criteria is too small.
  more...

I get it that a company wouldn't want to hire someone that's had a long-standing and recent pattern of criminal behavior, but that's not the case with my husband. Well, that's Werner's loss, not ours. There are PLENTY of other trucking jobs!
not a bad job .. away from home alot
driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2018
away from home 2 weeks at time. You dont work you dont get paid.
This is a good company to start your driving career. They will keep you working and the traveling to different places is great.
Pros
Travel good money
Cons
away from home
Terrible company
Tractor Trailer Driver Otr/Dedicated Accounts (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
Worst managed company on planet earth. Trucks constantly breaking down. Had to get advances on my own salary to pay for hotels and things that most companys provide company debit cards for. had to argue to get paid my due salary
Pros
Cons
see above
Werner Enterprises
Customer Service Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 15, 2018
Pros
-Onsight gym
-Good pay and benefits

Cons
-High stress
-Very little structured training
-Overnight shift policy
-Management only interacted with staff during meeting / closed door policy
Stressful
OTR Driver/Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLOctober 15, 2018
You have work 6 days a week twice the loads to get paid good on this home daily account. If not, your subjected to fail at making any good money to afford your bills on a weekly salary in my opinion. Just do not think any driver should make less than average of 900-1,000 a weekly net pay at any company.
Pros
home daily
Cons
short miles; wait on loads, layover pay not enough...
It’s not for every one
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2018
It’s a good company good pay
Not for everyone
Good major issue was that I like to stay closer to home and local routes paid a lot less than over the road,
Which in my opinion is a little un fair, if you ask for a local position you’re already driving less miles, and on top of that you take a pay cut of aproximately 20% so it makes it harder for you to work where you want to be. In my case local driver
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Hardly any time to spend with family
Good company to drive for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 12, 2018
I had no complaints about my supervisors or coworkers. I would go back if I had the desire to drive over the road again. It's a good place to start truck driving in my opinion.
The Never Ending Cycle...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
I loved the fact that I could drive and operate this BIG machine, I loved seeing the country and meeting all the different people. The thing I didn't like was living in a box for 365 days a year non-stop. One day your in one place in few hours you were in the next. I would prefer the stability of staying in one place and enjoying where I go for vacation and not have to just come and go....
Pricing analyst
Rate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
Good work environment although pay was low and not a lot of vacation days or other benefits. Laid back dress code is nice as well, location is way out west which I didn't love.
Good company nice trucks
Otr Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
Good company fair pay awesome benefits and one of the best health cares management is really helpful and understanding would recommend to anyone wanting to start driving or even to the experienced driver
Pros
Good trucks and equipment and nice trailers
Money is great
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
The money was great and it was a great life experience I got to see alot of things I also learned alot I seen alot of the world not as easy as people think
Pros
Money was great, great benefits, bonuses
Cons
U are never home
Lots of lies
Trucker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
Started with the recruiter telling you lots of great things that were not offered by the company. Constantly being told by Disbatch about the loads rarely true. Had several loads that I wasn’t paid for.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Sit forever waiting on loads
Dont work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2018
It just was not for me. I was told i would be home every weekend and I wasn't, If I asked about it, i got the run around. i was only supposed to work in the midwest and was sent all over the the north 48 without being asked if I was ok with that,I was on the road 3 months before being routed home. once home I left the truck at the terminal and left the company.
Great Job
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 10, 2018
Great company to start with....Need more closer to home and more pay for the amount of work that is being done.........................................
Backstabbing trainers. Management believes everything trainers say. Everything. Without proof
Student Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 10, 2018
Okay to start. Trainers need more training. They shoukd believe some of their students more. So i think they should do.that
They do pay just okay. And offer local jobs. Kept shorting pay by hundreds of dollars multiple weeks
Pros
Decent pay. Local routes
Cons
No patience from.trainers. No trust in students. Kept shorting my pay
All-in-all pretty good company.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about werner. If youre just starting at truck driving i highly recommend starting here. Easy going knowledgeable Fleet managers. Great equipment.
Pros
Equipment, staff, benifits, easy to work here
Cons
Very little home-time. if you wanna make money you have to be on the road
Exactly what should be expected in this industry
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2018
Pay isn't quite high enough. I run a team truck and dont make any more than I did running solo. Manager is great but HR sucks, a clerical error left my teammate unable to drive, and when I called to complain the HR lady said, and I quote verbatim: "Well, you made good money last week." Only problem is this is a team truck and we ended up stranded a few hours from home because Werner messed up.
Pros
Great discounts, best fleet manager a driver could ask for
Cons
Werner Doesn't Care, low pay
productive and fun work place
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 5, 2018
return to truck 10 a.m Monday morning
receive order on qualcomm
drive to location
OTR for 3 week then come home for 3 days
company gas card provided
unlimited free showers if you hit your reward points
company fixes all maintenance on truck
Pros
see all the united states, company gas card, relaxing
Cons
be out more than 2 weeks driving to get 1 day off for ever week your out on the road

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight