WesBanco Bank, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company - poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 4, 2019
I worked at Wesbanco for over two years as a teller. My experience there overall was good. I still genuinely think Wesbanco as a company is good. They really value their employees to SOME extent. Great vacation package. I had two weeks paid sick and vacation. They do have a couple downfalls. The pay is quite terrible for the work you have to do, people you have to deal with, and stress you have to take on. Unreal. The biggest downfall though is some of of the management. For the most part, the branch managers are amazing. All of the office managers are too. There are a couple branch managers however (mine was the reason I left) that are unacceptable. Terrible micromanagement, very poor attitude towards employees, and this unfounded thought that she is better than everyone else. I hope this issue is established! The turn over rate at this particular branch has been atrocious. 5 people (including myself) have quit this branch in the two years I worked there.

My coworkers were absolutely amazing. I will miss them dearly.
Pros
Hours, vacation packages
Cons
Poor management, pay
Solid company
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 11, 2019
Growing bank with a community bank attitude. Supportive upper management. Very pleasant work place with a friendly atmosphere. Lots of Kudos for a job well done.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Teller (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 7, 2019
No time to breathe, constantly have a line of people, exhausting work, constantly getting yelled at by mad customers. Huge work load can't be completed on time.
Don't waste your time
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2019
I've been with the bank 5 years and with that being said its changed a lot with all the conversions. The job itself isn't bad. BUT they don't fairly compensate. I'm our locations back up supervisor and recently we were short staffed so of course I'd cover for people and work over. Then they hire in two new hires with zero experience. Both make more than what I do and its dollars more not cents. They dont like when you discuss pay and actually say in the interview that you can be terminated for doing so. But its not right. And I'm the type of person that if you have the degree or job experience that making more than someone who has been there for a while is acceptable. But not someone who has zero experience. They should want to pay their loyal employees more for the work they do instead of hiring new people and paying them more just so I can clean up their mistakes. ALSO, some BCMs are absolutely horrendous to work for. I'll not name names but there is one who belittles you every chance she gets and acts like shes too important to help anyone. Shes the VPs Favorite and whatever she wants she gets. UNFAIR EMPLOYER. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Go to PNC, OVB or City National Bank.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Unfair pay, want you to work but not give you overtime, unrealistic goals
Not a bad place to work for little pay
Teller / Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  WVFebruary 6, 2019
Wouldve liked to of stayed with Wesbanco but the pay wasnt enough. The health care offered was very good compared to what other companies offer. People would stay longer if paid more.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Never a dull moment
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 3, 2019
An IT department that is hindered by short staffing and overworking the lower level employees. Almost never a quiet day at the office between application outages and network connection issues throughout the bank.
I feel they change the rules with every person who comes in .
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Nitro, WVFebruary 1, 2019
They care more about money than customers . I feel I was let go without cause .they come in and get rid of people who had been there for along time .They change rules constantly .They are not organized .
Great local bank with Home Town feel and employees
Teller/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work consists of customer service interactions that may include but are not limited to making a sale or referral, solving a customer issue, working on a daily,weekly,monthly report. Workplace culture is great. We have a diverse group of people working in our numerous branches across 5 states.
Pros
1st or daytime shift
Cons
Saturday hours
Good team environment.
Act as assistant to the Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  AliquippaAugust 6, 2018
Good place to work. Branch is closing due to lack of business in market. I’m being transferred to another location starting in September 2018. Good company.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Travel costs due to location and toll roads
Very poor management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505July 30, 2018
Management did not provide support of any kind to their employees.
Specifically, on one occasion, a teller found a deposit was short in currency. However, rather than be supportive of the employee and uphold their
"ok" place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2018
Workflow and branch foot traffic varied by location. Too much drama between employees for my taste. Products seemed a bit behind the pace of other banks. Compensation was mediocre and job advancement was not easy and many positions were given to outside applicants.
Productive and fun place to work
Licensed Sr. Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 14, 2018
Management was fair and honest. They had realistic expectations in place for a bank. Did not have a high turnover in the branch manager positions or the higher management positions, which is good for stability but bad for those wanting upward mobility.
Absolutely loved working for Wesbanco
Teller (Former Employee) –  Nutter Fort, WVMay 28, 2018
Wesbanco is a great place to work and I would highly recommend friends/family to work there. Great hours, pay, understanding for time off on a whim. Management is wonderful
Great company
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 18, 2018
I loved working here. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lack of opportunity for advancement. Which in a way was a positive about them because not many people leave the company.
Enjoyable and fast pace place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Westover, WVApril 7, 2018
Running various transactions for customers and cross selling them on various financial products based on their financial needs.
I learned about how a bank operates and the processes of operating it efficiently and profitably.
The management was very lax at the branch I worked at.
Hardest part was dealing with customers that would get angry because we couldn't do a transaction because it would violate a policy.
The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of people every day.
Stressful
Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 5, 2018
Extremely stressful position with little training, and not a lot of support from management. Eight years in department with 8 management changes. Continued training needs to be offered, and part time employees need to be valued as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of consistency and support
Good place to start
Sr. Consumer Underwriter (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHMarch 20, 2018
Like this place just looking for something different.
Good workplace
Hours are very nice
Lots of opportunity to advance
Business loans are tough to compete with smaller banks
Job is demanding
Personal Banker/ Back Up Teller (Current Employee) –  Bruceton Mills, WVMarch 16, 2018
My position requires so much for so little... I am constantly being pushed to do things.... some of which i cannot accomplish making it feel like im set up to fail before i even get started.
Pros
insurance pay back
Cons
no incentives poor encouragement
Good Place to work
Teller III and IV (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 10, 2018
Good place to work. Just no advancement and low pay. If the pay was better I would have stayed, but that was a very hard thing to deal with. Good management.
slow paced
Manager & Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Southpointe, PAMarch 4, 2018
Thought I had a good manger and realized that he was constantly undermining me behind my back

Was fired with no notice and felt like he threw me under the bus because of his poor performance.