Wesco Aircraft Employee Reviews

Lack of management
Warehouse Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 11, 2018
Been here over 2 yrs, there is no structure what so ever. Managers care nothing about employees only numbers. Everyone looks as if they are temporary employees due to company not providing uniforms. Management is only hiring family members that is a kin of a kin. They're bringing in people off the streets with no known experiences to fulfill positions that should be offered to inhouse employees. They promote individuals that haven't even put in enough time to make the money they are making with that being said it's just a buddy buddy system here in the McDonough hub. The system provided here is ice aged, meaning there's nothing but paperwork causing audit problems around the board there. Only company I've ever worked for with no RF scanning system. Inventory count is always jacked up do to the problem.
Pros
Its a 9 to 5
Cons
Management cares for none. Low salary for majority
An interesting place to work
Shipping department associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2018
Understand that you are value by your work, not by the integrity you stand by so If this is a career that you want to pursue then pursue. If you do not see it as a career to pursue then do not waste your time, because they will waste yours.
Relaxed Environment, Fair Compensation
Onsite Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2018
While the Wesco location that I worked at was extremely laid back, it’s also because we’re the smallest warehouse of all the Wesco locations. There were only 3 of us staffed at this particular facility, so we had a lot more flexibility to adjust our hours as needed and work at our own pace. That being said, all 3 of us got along great and the morale was high. The compensation was good, the benefits were commendable, and my manager went above and beyond to reward us for providing quality work. He took us out to lunch 2-3 times per week. I wouldn’t have left Wesco, but the fate of the facility that we were contracted by was very unknown. There had been/still is a lot of talk about the site closing, so I was forced to find something more reliable. Overall, I enjoyed working for Wesco.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, good benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Site was susceptible to shutting down
Not the best choice for a parent
Warehouse Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 8, 2018
When i first started things were fine. Management was good and you could see the potential in the workplace. If you’ve never worked in a warehouse before I’d say this is a good start off job but not for a parent or someone who is looking to grow within a company. The benefits here are ok as far as health insurance, dental and vision. The pay sucks. Poor management especially now. All for themselves, doesn’t care about their employees. I’d advise you to try your hardest not to get hurt, the company won’t pay for it. Lack of communication and lack of acknowledgement of hard working people. Management thinks all about productivity which is fine but doesn’t care enough about the employees.
Pros
Hour lunch, holidays off, work hours are good
Cons
Management sucks, lack of communication, not a place to grow
Wesco
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wesco, the environment was fast paced.
Learned a lot and people were friendly. Hours were great, but due to relocating to Pasadena I no longer was able to work for the company.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
location
Family oriented
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
I was one of the contacts between Wesco aircraft and Triumph aerostructures when parts are needed shipped in or research need to be done due to inventory search errors
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Stressful
great
Onsite Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 27, 2018
Performs administrative and management functions. Performs and monitors management (and procedural application) of manual or automated inventory control actions. Computes and accumulates data for use in analysis. Helps develop work standards and methodology. Performs inventories, and ensures timely correction of discrepancies. Prepares, analyses, and evaluates reports, procedures, and policy data. Provides customer service.
Dont go there!
Onsite Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 22, 2018
Management is terrible and incompetent. The job is very easy and self explanatory. Management is the only con. My coworkers were always willing to help.
Great employee culture
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2018
Loved working here, great employee atmosphere. Positive enthusiastic coworkers that made me happy to come in to work everyday. No micromanaging in this office, but deadlines have to be met, great experience here.
Pros
Benefits, high morale, great atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Great job, terrible management
Onsite Representative - Lead (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 8, 2018
Management in this company needed to really be evaluated, we have managers that have no idea how to do there jobs, managers who treats employee with very little respect, and the racial tension is utterly ridiculous.
Good Place to Work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work. The staff was very friendly. I very much enjoyed working with all of the different vendors that we did business with. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Great office environment
not my favorite place to work
Maintenance Associate I (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 4, 2018
no one is ever happy to come in or be in
people complain about unnecessary things
work tends to be redundant
pay is on the lower end of fair
lack of proper training for most people in multiple departments
Poor management and no authority
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2018
Filling kits with hardware. Pulling parts for kits. Putting up freight. Helping customers that come in looking for a part. Cleaning and disinfecting work area.
Pros
Breaks and Lunch
Cons
poor management, no authority, racial discrimination
Typical company structure and somewhat rigid
Sr Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2018
It was overall a good company but the leadership is not always in tune with the employees. Not Quality minded as a company overall.
Learned much about Aerospace customer expectations.
Work culture was ok but the top leadership had different thoughts about was important such as having sales and appeasing the customer in stead of really digging into the quality issues and resolving them for good.
Pros
Close to my home. Freedom to do work as you see fit.
Cons
Not quality miinded.
good place to work
Sales Admin II (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 25, 2018
a lot of of helpful people good working atmosphere good work life balance great benefits great place to start if you are looking to get into the aviation industry
good place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE FOR WESCO AIR (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 9, 2018
There is always plenty to do here, you just have to look for it. As long as you are able to retain what you've learned, this is a great place to work. Many oppurtunity to cross train in every department.
It was great when I started
Inventory Planner I (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wesco and have gained experience and knowledge about the aerospace industry. Over the past year or 2 it has changed a lot and the opportunity for growth has shrunk.
Pros
Some managers are great!
Cons
Opportunity to grow has shrunk
Brutal Enviornment
Chemical Buyer II (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 27, 2018
Very unorganized, there is not much room for advancement. Managers can be childish and rude. They yell and belittle some of the employees. There is a lack of training you are pretty much set up to fail
Pros
n/a
Cons
all of the above
face paced
Onsite Rep (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 23, 2018
faced paced and stressful environment customer satisfaction is a must must be able to multi task and be knowledgeable of products and of availability of products
Pros
good working conditions and benefits
Cons
little room to advance and limited pay
crazy at times, never know what to expect
Contract Inventory Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 21, 2018
Company has faced some challenges since acquiring a chemical company (Haas). It can be challenging at times to work there but overall a good company to work for.
Pros
free coffee/tea in lkitchen area
Cons
crazy and challenging mixed with a health dosage of chaos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesco Aircraft. Our community is ready to answer.