Wesco Aircraft Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Sales Admin II (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 25, 2018
a lot of of helpful people good working atmosphere good work life balance great benefits great place to start if you are looking to get into the aviation industry
good place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE FOR WESCO AIR (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 9, 2018
There is always plenty to do here, you just have to look for it. As long as you are able to retain what you've learned, this is a great place to work. Many oppurtunity to cross train in every department.
It was great when I started
Inventory Planner I (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wesco and have gained experience and knowledge about the aerospace industry. Over the past year or 2 it has changed a lot and the opportunity for growth has shrunk.
Pros
Some managers are great!
Cons
Opportunity to grow has shrunk
Brutal Enviornment
Chemical Buyer II (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 27, 2018
Very unorganized, there is not much room for advancement. Managers can be childish and rude. They yell and belittle some of the employees. There is a lack of training you are pretty much set up to fail
Pros
n/a
Cons
all of the above
face paced
Onsite Rep (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 23, 2018
faced paced and stressful environment customer satisfaction is a must must be able to multi task and be knowledgeable of products and of availability of products
Pros
good working conditions and benefits
Cons
little room to advance and limited pay
crazy at times, never know what to expect
Contract Inventory Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 21, 2018
Company has faced some challenges since acquiring a chemical company (Haas). It can be challenging at times to work there but overall a good company to work for.
Pros
free coffee/tea in lkitchen area
Cons
crazy and challenging mixed with a health dosage of chaos
ok place to start a career
Inventory Clerk/ Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 19, 2018
typical work day was fine. The management really didn't know what they were doing. The pay was very short for all the work you have to do on the day to day bases.
A means to an end
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 3, 2018
The job was a means to an end. It was extremely stressful and the work load was enormous for such a small crew. Training was non existent and what was expected was outrageous.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay, management, location
Many issues and concerns with business goals.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2018
Great products but continious service issues throughout the company at multiple levels. Multiple layoffs will not improve the goal ans strategy for the company.
Staight foward work place
Quality Control/ Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAMarch 10, 2018
A busy work environment with plenty to do. Workers have a good chemistry together for the most part. Work environment is pretty straight forward with not many extras. Safety is a priority.
Great Place to work and grow
Network Administrator/ Engineer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 1, 2018
Wesco was fun. Great technologies to learn. Good staff. Good management all the way to the very top. They focus very much on the importance on how every employee maters and team work strategies. Fast paced and exciting as far as IT goes. Customers are treated well. Every one was super pleasant.
Pros
Good 401k
Past employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Worst company to work for. Please think before applying. They have been doing layoffs as of last month. The company does open trading now which has caused nothing but problems for all involved. They're losing client's in the air craft community due to poor management. I have witnessed employee's coming and going when they want. Blaming others for their mistakes. I have seen employee(s) abuse the van share ride vehicle without any repercussions. I even seen an employee take the company vehicle that Enterprise allows us to use home and drive it around town as if this was his own vehicle. Never mind you're late for work due to this van sharing nonsense. This is the kind of inappropriate behavior you will see working at Wesco. You've been warned!
Pros
Fair benefits
Cons
Poor Management. Toxic co workers.
Work overload
Junior Buyer / Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Heavy work load and over worked. Not good management. Lots of work and not enough pay. Expect a whole lot from employees. No credit of a job well done just the negative.
Company over all is a great place to work for.
Warehouse Puller (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Only issue at the moment when I left, was the in & out of management. For some reason we where not able to keep a member of management that long. I'm sure it is something they fixed by now...over all great company
okay temp job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 13, 2018
worked during the day was almost always asked to stay over time and work weekends to the point of being annoying no air conditioning and it was real hot during the summer.
Only worth it to get into boeing
CMS Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day would be either scanning or filling cabinets with products used by Boeing employees. I learned how to manage better with numbers, how to budget time and work independently. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was working independently, but still getting help from your team if you need it. The hardest part was learning the needs of your specific stocking area. The management is the sole reason I would not recommend the job to anyone and is the reason I quit. The direct management here in the St. Louis area is horrible. My direct manager has horrible communication skills and is not a people person what-so-ever. It is especially difficult because we are representatives of our company and to have a manager who would get into arguments with a Boeing employee (our customers of Wesco Air) is ridiculous. The benefits were not enough to keep me around. Each individual has their set of unique gifts, but I did not have the gift of grace for this type of behavior. I will never work for them again. The one good thing that came out of working here is meeting Boeing employees. I've met some great people and working here temporarily has helped me get my foot in the door at Boeing itself!
Pros
independence but team environment, 401k benefits
Cons
needs new management
Stay away from this company
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 5, 2018
When I first got hired Everything was fine until a few months they keep putting me on this bagging machine and it was a piece of junk I mean honestly the machine is 1996 or 97 but the machine was always breaking down and I was told to me fix it by myself which I didn’t had a problem at first but after a while I got mad because it kept breaking down and they wouldn’t have maintenance come and fix it . I had to get a maintenance person to fix it for me and they always have a lost time tracker to see if u not fooling around and they always cared about numbers yes it’s a company thing. But they don’t care about u .like I got cuts on my fingers just by fixing the machine and the raises suck . I got a 1 percent and all that hard work just fixing a machine sweating and getting cuts and still getting a 1 percent because u didn’t reach my numbers. and I left the next day . Never work for this company trust me it’s stressful
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management and raises
Worst place ever!
Shipping/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Northlake, TXJanuary 29, 2018
the manager suck big time. they will work you to the ground and expect you to haul yourself non stop. they were always changing things up so there was nothing cerint.
be honest and hardworking
Shipping and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 10, 2018
You need to be honest, hardworking and always follow rules, need to be on time.

Some say, you need to have a backer to work in this company.
A work-friendly environment.
Great stepping stone
Hazardous Material Handler / Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 4, 2018
Wesco is a good place to gain solid beginner experience for future growth. I have learned a lot working with the company. mainly in inventory management, team building, quality experience.