WESCO International Employee Reviews

Good
International Financial Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasSeptember 10, 2018
The company has good benefits, flexible hours for upper management. Able to meet and travel different countries. Great upper management. Has tuition reimbursement, good compensation
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
nothing
Dont do it
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 9, 2018
Ive worked here for years. In ten years i did the same job with no advancement. Also in ten years my pay only went up $2.00 an hour. 20 cents a year average but the insurance went up alot more. You go backwards working here. Management is a joke too. Office people get treated one way and the actual workers get tteated different. The place is a pathetic joke.
Pros
Cons
The pay
Overall friendly atmosphere with a well structured business portfolio
Operations Manager and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 4, 2018
WESCO offers great opportunities for all types of jobs. Overall friendly atmosphere with a well structured business portfolio. International offices provide relocation opportunities depending on skill set and available position
Pros
Multiple opportunities
Cons
Na
Ability to make a lot of money in sales.
OEM Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
The money is great but I would not work there again. The company is basically made up of the haves and have nots. Its a very layered company with too many managers and resources are very thin for a company that is 8 billion in revenue.
Good working environment
Industrial Account Manager - Channel Partner (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 29, 2018
Able to work remote. Often times no direction provided. Work culture was good. Management tended to stay in the "background". Large customer base with multiple products to offer these customers.
Brilliant company
Branch Manager - Maspeth Queens (Former Employee) –  maspeth- queens NYAugust 27, 2018
At the time that I worked for WESCO - I reported to a newly purchased NY based company and they in my opinion did not follow the same basic principles that WESCO over all follows.
positive workplace
Tool Application Engineer, Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2018
work in the field, on site at various customer locations, coordinating applicable mfgr. rep. services, turning manufacturing/machining issues into opportunities for productivity improvements, then documenting and promoting the cost-savings success as best practice for future implementation consideration.
Pros
project freedom
No supervision
Warehouse Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  5521 Lakeview RdAugust 22, 2018
I'm working in Wesco for 3 years and I saw everything. Talking about the Warehouse my Supervisor is not present every day(so no supervision). Some guys work others..no. The pay is not the same for all employees.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
No good salaries.
Great long term employment
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 22, 2018
I would definitely go back to employment at Wesco in the future. Work environment was safe and clean and I enjoyed the coworkers I worked with. Yearly evaluations were fair and I felt encouraged to be the best worker I could be at Wesco.
Positive and motivated environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIAugust 21, 2018
Wesco is very flexable with their hours and they always have a place for you. They are all about helping you improve your skills not only to benefit them but yourself as well. With JPR you can set higher goals for yourself and once reached you are rewarded with a bonus every month.

Want to know more about WESCO International?

Ask a question
Fun and out of the ordinary.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIAugust 18, 2018
My responsibility is consumer service. I would work at a register ringing up items for the customer and stocking items on the shelves. Cleaning is also part of my responsibilities.
Pros
The management will work with you, when you are a student.
Cons
There are no breaks, when it is really busy.
My Review
Order filling, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSAugust 17, 2018
Wesco was an okay place to work. The work wasn't to hard even though the hours were long sometimes. It was a family type work relationship. I enjoyed my time there,
Pros
Strong Work Habits
Cons
N/a
Purchasing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 16, 2018
Good company to work for. great benefit. As long as you get your work done no problem with management. Great coworker. Repetitive work can be boring at times.
Pros
great benefit
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Very horrible place. They turnover rate is very high
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 16, 2018
One of worst places u can work for.! The mangement is horrible.! They got the wrong person running they wear house. No place for advancement.! I had to call the labor board about my last paycheck.!
Pros
My coworker
enjoyable friendly
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2018
fast pace , learned alot about Siemens automation and drives
great management , great place to work for
wonderful co-workers
vast learning classes keeping you up to date on all electrical changes
Pros
flexible
Cons
non
An OK place to work
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 13, 2018
A typical day was the usual 8-5 sales job.
Management wasn't the best but we managed to get by day to day
Moral wasn't the best but most employees made it fun to work with.
the hardest part of my job was getting past Wesco's own employees. any time to need approval for something it took a long time or no one was available.
the most enjoyable part of my job was my peers. they made the days go by faster.
Staff
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2018
The other person I worked with in the warehouse was an Ok guy. I wish there had been more opportunity for advancement. I just felt like site management was unwilling to listen to associates to better daily processes. I loved the daily pace to complete tasks. I like to keep myself busy, it make the day go faster.
Pros
hours
Cons
bad communication from management
Decent workplace.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 9, 2018
Relaxed workplace but people get away with way too much. Place could be a lot better if their was decent supervision. Good people to work with but guys take advantage of the lack of supervision.
Pros
Relaxed setting
Cons
Supervision
always busy place
Crib attendant (Former Employee) –  North Berwick, MEAugust 9, 2018
good entry level job. more difficult than most to get get in due to background checks and drug tests. non AC shop so pretty hot in summer. days work includes receiving product, inventorying and customer service
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
turnover of crew
Descent place to work .
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIAugust 7, 2018
Great pay and benefits . Excellent schedule and very rarely did we work overtime , when combined I had 32 days off a year that includes vacation , holiday and floater days and you could take half days .
Benefits
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight