WESCO International Employee Reviews

Gas Station Clerk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIMay 16, 2018
Fast pace during morning rushes and night rushes depending on the shift. Different age groups work here you have the college kid and or the retired person trying to get out of the house. It is a job anyone could do and the company cares a lot about their employees.
Decent Company
Regional Financial Manager's Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 11, 2018
Although they are not in the area any longer, Wesco was one of the better companies to work for. My only issue I had was being on "temp" status for longer than I was initially to be,
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Too big of a corporation
company need to be sold
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2018
company does not invent in technology. Everything in this company is not best practice or world class. Its the way Westinghouse Electric left it 30 years ago
Pros
Midlevel management
Cons
Executive Management
Unsatisfactory
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 25, 2018
This was supposed to be a good job, until you find out that the customer that your working for on their site determines your pay. There is "advancement opportunities" in the fact that you can change responsibilities or take more on and get nothing for it.
Benefits
inside sales
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 20, 2018
fast pace sales environment filling the customers need finding the best prices for the customer helping the customer to find the right for the part their needs
Pros
great working environment
Cons
small market in this area
Enjoyed it in the beginning but thing's changed
Cook/client care (Current Employee) –  Denison, IAApril 20, 2018
Enjoy the job as a whole, but the management and their lack of sympathy and understanding is the reason I'm ready to move on. Events that happen in your life they could care less about all they care about is you work when they need you.
Dedicated workers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 18, 2018
On a typical day my previous coworkers and I picked daily orders and shipped them to address provided. I learned how to use the Bluecherry system as well as the scanners.
Pros
Dedicated Workers
Cons
Short Breaks, Some Rude Individuals
Sales Environment
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 18, 2018
My position at Wesco give me the opportunity to grow my career, and learning new duties along the way. Quite a bit of negotiating when working with billing.
Very understanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIApril 9, 2018
It was a great place to work, fun environment. The managers were okay. Easy to approach. The schedule was a little unpredictable. But overall it was a good place to work.
Fun Company to work for.
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 4, 2018
Wesco International and Wesco are two different companies. I do not work for Wesco International. Wesco is a gas station convenience store that strives to provide fresh products and low prices to our customers.
Dead end
Mechanical and wire assembly. Contractor/temp (Current Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAApril 1, 2018
I work at the one that builds things for Shindler, CCS, Volvo. I am a assembler there. This job is filled through a temp service. Management keeps telling us they will be hiring on but, ask the ones who have been there for 4-7 yrs as a temp. No raise and never hired on. I have been there for 1yr and 3 months. Nothing. When it is brought up by us about getting hired on, we get a real bug run around. Management is cold and lacks any communication. My co-workers however are awesome in every way.
Inernationl Company
BRANCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 29, 2018
8-5 weekends off
Learned Corporate
Management was different as manager used a lot of perks for his personal benefit
Open concept in office. no privacy
Hardest part was the negativity of some co-workers
Pros
Insurance - Vacation
Cons
No breaks
Excellent place of employment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MIMarch 29, 2018
Wesco is a great place to work while attending college as they offer tuition reimbursement with good grades. The Wesco employees are not just a team they are family.
good place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
I was a part of Wesco for many years until poor management stepped in and tried to change something that didn't need to be changed. Also because of this, the company started losing business which then lead to a number of employees, including me, to be layed off and even forced into early retirement.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grant, MIMarch 21, 2018
If you love being surrounded by people then this is where you want to be. You will have the opportunity to earn about so many different people while also working with great co workers.
Wonderful Manager and staff
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 20, 2018
Great manager who understands all the jobs on site. He worked from the ground up. The staff also know most of the jobs on site. It's a fast paced environment. At the end of the day you feel accomplished.
Poor communication
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28306March 11, 2018
Management had poor communication with lower level employees. My sister passed away in Jan. 2018. I told management that I was taking on custody of my nephew. They failed to tell me that I may be losing my job in April due to them closing my branch. I was offered 3 weeks severance and only able to keep my health insurance for 2 weeks. I need medication for my thyroid and blood pressure that is over $500 without insurance. I was not forewarned about the possibility of my branch being closed.
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 5, 2018
Be prepared for rude, drunk, and very flirty customers towards young women
I did not feel comfortable
Newbies were left with the hard work
Not worth it
Nice Work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 5, 2018
management is good, have to jump through hoops for a 10 cent raise, you get free pop and popcorn while on the clock, hours aren't the best but they are manageable
Management does not know what they are doing - Saginaw Michigan
CSR / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 2, 2018
Worked inside Nexteer plant in Saginaw, Michigan. Management of the Wesco employees was not good. Most every person that worked for Wesco disliked their job and was looking for a new one constantly. Wesco site management was located in a building down the road from Nexteer. I really wasn't quite sure what some of the managers did each day. Most were worried they would be losing the contract there because of how they managed getting parts for Nexteer. Not good!
Pros
vacation time, would let you work 8 hours and you didn't have to take a lunch if you ate at your desk.
Cons
poor management, watch yourself with co-workers, training is terrible too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight