WESCO International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
the most enjoyable part of the job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2018
Managed a crew six warehouse including truck drivers who ran AM and PM delivery routes.Prepared outgoing orders for industrial clients with notations of detailed information such as client sku numbers, job numbers, purchse order numbers, etc. Manages lighting inventory with computer software, daily walking of warehouse building(2). Inventory budget and replishment accomplished by daily efforts to establish max and mins levels for maximum turn and earn ratios.
Pros
great team effort for large volume sales.
Cons
Did not show customers enough events ie:counter days/food
Terrible Leadership!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 9, 2018
No one is held accountable for their actions. Anyone is hired and can get away with anything. Attendance doesn’t matter. Leadership advances are given to people that have no supervisory experience and/or have ZERO people skills. They want to advance the ones who don’t care to show up everyday and treat the hardworking folks that show up on time everyday very very poor. They change the DOM but don’t change warehouse leaders. The pay is terrible and work you like a dog. You need no education to work there. You don’t need to be able to read or count. The place is a joke.
My boss was amazing
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 25, 2018
I honestly can't say enough about working for the Cleveland & Toledo branch, except my boss was wonderful to work for. She is very laid back, understanding, patient, and brutally honest, which I appreciate.

The company can be frustrating to work for, the pay and benefits could be better. However, it all depends on where you're coming from.

I came from a job where I was extremely spoiled as far as healthcare and all benefits. As well as a job that offered basically nothing. All in all, they could be better, but they're not horrible.
It's a productive and fun place to work at
Warehouse associate / inventory (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJune 25, 2018
I like the job, but sometimes our manager is rarely found on the floor when needed and it can get stressful when you have some employees that are not motivated on their own.
Find somewhere else to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
In the beginning there was lots of promise to move up in the company. When I asked for more work, they told me there was none. I was able to move into a parallel position after 6 years, with promise to excel, but instead was put back into my old position and STILL had to do my new job. After two years of begging to get out of my old position AGAIN, I finally left because the neglect, overwork, and under pay felt like abuse. They forced people to retire early, had multiple lay offs, and constantly made you feel like you were replaceable. There are good, honest employees who are treated terribly while there are others who are rude, constantly waste company money and time and are still favored. Management is unapproachable- when you tell them about a problem they tell you to basically stop talking and go back to your post. Micro management is a noticeable issue and HR is even worse! They do not follow proper firing policies and make up convoluted stories to get rid of people they target. High turn over rates, disorganization, cut throat environment. People are having major health issues because the stress is so high: strokes, heart attacks, and even death.
I give two stars because it has good benefits and good career experience. But the company needs to be overhauled or brought down because it is spinning out of control.
Pros
Good benefits, good experience
Cons
Being a good employee will get you fired
Would work there again
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308June 13, 2018
Good people good place. The people there make the place, customer service is top priority. Enjoyed working on the leases as well as the main office.
Management DOESN'T care
Administrative Asistant (Current Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAJune 7, 2018
Management doesn't care if you go to them with issues around the office. Being an admin was would help anyone out but if I see that they are just goofing off and not doing their job then it's not a good thing to work there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement or not enough money
Great Coworkers, Great Management, Great place
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2018
I went from a job I hated and wasn't encouraged to learn much from (in a connected field) to getting an informative and helpful answer to just about anything I could think of. From the warehouse, to inside sales, all the way up to district and regional management, everyone wanted to help everyone in anyway they could. If I hadn't moved out of state or if I had been able to get transferred, I would still be working there happily.
Pros
The people, the atmosphere, the job
Cons
Customers aren't always reasonable
Productive work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 31, 2018
Poor management with so little staff, quick paste job, inventory was going down the drain, had to do the most to prevent that, I did everything I could n work over 67 hours a week
The job itself is fine management is poor
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at wesco for a brief time as a temp. They hype you up but you soon realize how disorganized everything is. Product is always missing and blame gets tossed around while nothing gets fixed. If you are a skilled warehouse worker you shouldn't waste your time with this place it's incredibly unsafe to work here and the workers are constantly getting high and drunk on the job.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Unsafe and poorly managed
Very p[roductive
Heavy Truck and Tractor-Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 30, 2018
Good co loved the atmosphere dam good cool manager best place I ever worked dam good co good benifits solid company pepole was nice every vthing was perfect except the money for my position
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Just good
Gas Station Clerk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIMay 16, 2018
Fast pace during morning rushes and night rushes depending on the shift. Different age groups work here you have the college kid and or the retired person trying to get out of the house. It is a job anyone could do and the company cares a lot about their employees.
Decent Company
Regional Financial Manager's Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 11, 2018
Although they are not in the area any longer, Wesco was one of the better companies to work for. My only issue I had was being on "temp" status for longer than I was initially to be,
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Too big of a corporation
company need to be sold
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2018
company does not invent in technology. Everything in this company is not best practice or world class. Its the way Westinghouse Electric left it 30 years ago
Pros
Midlevel management
Cons
Executive Management
Unsatisfactory
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 25, 2018
This was supposed to be a good job, until you find out that the customer that your working for on their site determines your pay. There is "advancement opportunities" in the fact that you can change responsibilities or take more on and get nothing for it.
Benefits
inside sales
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 20, 2018
fast pace sales environment filling the customers need finding the best prices for the customer helping the customer to find the right for the part their needs
Pros
great working environment
Cons
small market in this area
Enjoyed it in the beginning but thing's changed
Cook/client care (Current Employee) –  Denison, IAApril 20, 2018
Enjoy the job as a whole, but the management and their lack of sympathy and understanding is the reason I'm ready to move on. Events that happen in your life they could care less about all they care about is you work when they need you.
Dedicated workers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 18, 2018
On a typical day my previous coworkers and I picked daily orders and shipped them to address provided. I learned how to use the Bluecherry system as well as the scanners.
Pros
Dedicated Workers
Cons
Short Breaks, Some Rude Individuals
Sales Environment
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 18, 2018
My position at Wesco give me the opportunity to grow my career, and learning new duties along the way. Quite a bit of negotiating when working with billing.
Very understanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIApril 9, 2018
It was a great place to work, fun environment. The managers were okay. Easy to approach. The schedule was a little unpredictable. But overall it was a good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight