Wesley Family Services Employee Reviews

The atmospheric is very positive and understanding to each employees work/home life.
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAApril 10, 2019
We make up our own schedule each month. If there is a couple days you are not able to work that month they will not schedule you for those days. They are very understanding when it comes to your personal life. If something comes up and you need the day off they will make sure your shift is covered. I'm a single mother with no family in the area. They have made it easy for me to be able to work when I can. If something is bothering you at work they are proactive about fixing any concerns. If it wasn't for this company I would not be employed right now. They offer several different positions throughout the company. The work atmosphere is very positive and everyone works together to help each other out.
Pros
Flexible shifts, positive work environment and breaks as often as you need them.
Amazing Company to work for
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BridgevilleApril 8, 2019
Beyond blessed to work for such an amazing company. Leadership is there to provide you with support whenever needed. Many training opportunities to help staff to further grow and learn. The opportunity to work with the clients is beyond words!
Positive Attitude
Family Based (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAApril 6, 2019
It is impossible to maintain a positive attitude working here, with the poor morale and lack of respect you experience from management, supervisors, coworkers and clients. Pay is low, self-care is non existent and not promoted. Supervisors and management are bullies and target the "easy targets." You cannot advocate for yourself or use your talents here, you get "written up" for to most ridiculous and punitive things.
Cons
Everything!
Official response from Wesley Family Services
April 11, 2019

Hello, we would like an opportunity to investigate your concern further and apologize that this is your experience. Please contact our Employee Relations department as quickly as possible at 412-342-2300 to resolve any issues.

Supportive, collaborative environment
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 6, 2019
Wesley Family Services is a supportive, collaborative environment. Supervisors are always available for support and value my skills, education, and experience. The organization practices what they preach, plenty of behavioral specific praise. They are familiar with all clients' challenges, goals, and progress. In short, working here is a rewarding endeavor.
Challenging work that is rewarding
Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2019
The agency is going through changes because the funding for social services is as challenging as ever so we can't do everything. I see the executives trying to get us organized so we can get the work done but it's going to take a while. Not everyone is onboard with the recent merger but mergers are just part of life if you ask me.
Pros
The work we do and the people we serve.
Cons
It's challenging work - some of these people we are trying to help face huge difficulties.
Love working on my Wonder Kids team
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAApril 3, 2019
I've worked part-time at the Wexford Wonder Kids program for two years and really enjoy the supportive and caring atmosphere in our office. It is fun and rewarding to work in this program. Our supervisors are always there, very involved and check in all the time. I think the supervisors and staff are there for the right reasons, which is to support the kids in this social skills program. I love this program.
Terrible management and organization.
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2019
A numbers company. Simply focused on meeting productivity. It doesn't matter the quality of work you do as long as it looks good on paper.. No concern for the well being of employees and little concern for the wellness of their clients. Lack of guidance, direction and support from all levels of upper management. Unqualified "professionals," and the most stressful environment I've ever worked in.
Official response from Wesley Family Services
April 11, 2019

Hello, we are sorry that your experience did not meet your satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to the HR Department-Employee Relations with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share at 412-342-2300.

Helping professional
Family Based Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 10, 2019
The the most difficult part of working here is dealing with management, never feeling appreciated, poor training, lack of communication. Your job performance is based mostly on a personal bias. If you try to advocate for yourself, you will end up being fired. HR does not even take your complaints seriously and always takes management's side.
Pros
Helping my clients.
Cons
Hr, management, intimidation, bullying, unfriendly staff.
It's a job.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2019
Vindictive group of people. They create a negative environment and expect you to perform positively. The staff gets beat up by the clients and they don’t appreciate the workers. The Director of operations stirs up mess and negativity and passes it along to everyone in the building. They bully you and put the workers against each other. Your opinion is not valid even if you are the expert.
Cons
Low pay, long hours without compensation, terrible supervisors and management.
Non-supportive leadership
Family Focused (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 9, 2019
This was my first job after grad school. It was horrible. The director was a big mouth with no respect for anyone. She treated everyone poorly when she was having a bad day. She would belittle staff in front of other staff, and make everything seem as though it was their fault.. Be prepared to work in unsafe neighborhoods and environments with no support, because you will. There is no support unless you are are a favorite of the director. Overall, horrible experience and I would NEVER return.
Pros
First paying job
Cons
Poor excuse for a “CARE” company, Hostile environment, clients have zero consequences, you are a number and can be easily replaced.
No job security
Autism Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2019
Management is unorganized and shows favoritism toward certain employees. So much drama! Very little support unless you are in the ridiculous clique. Paper is never ending! You are treated and disposable. If you work hard they won’t acknowledge how hard you work, but they’ll acknowledge any little punitive thing they can find.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Unfair, dishonest
Just plain EVIL!
Family Based Mental Health Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
WATCH THIS COMPANY!!! They are very shady when it comes to
how they treat their employees. The Family Based/Family Focused department is the worst!!!!! They treat the workers like they do not matter. You are not respected, especially in this line of work. The supervisors are lazy and don't want to do anything but sit in their offices and gossip. I was accused for something that I didn't do based on lack of information and therefore, I was fired. This company is very sneaky and will find any little infraction to get rid of employees. Overall, I do not recommend this company unless you want to be completely stressed out. There are so many better behavioral health companies out there. If you get a call from this company....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Cons
Cut throat, stressful, lazy supervisors, shady company!!
Company does not care about employee well being
BSC/MT (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAMarch 7, 2019
In early 2018 I was in an accident while on a way to a see a client . I suffered a concussion which my doctor cut back on hours while recovering. A few months after the accident I was pulled into a room with an HR representative and unceremoniously terminated due to the accommodations having to be made due to my injury. I have been encouraged to speak with an attorney regarding the treatment I have received during my employment and termination. I would strongly advise against working for this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor management, lack of care for employee well being. Expected to work to many unpaid hours.
Inconsistent and unethical
Supervisor Family Based Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
Spent many years here hoping that the culture would change. However, it did not. Management and HR currently allow bullying, encourage drama and turning people against each other, hostile work environment among other illegal and unethical situations.
Pros
Cons
Too many!
Low wages, horrible management.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
If you are working as a TSS, prepare to drive all over to make peanuts. Luckily I had one client that was close otherwise I wouldn’t have worked there. Management is a disgrace and are unskilled and unprofessional. I often hear management gossip about other staff. Culture here is toxic and dishonest.
Cons
Low wages, horrible management, toxic.
Poor morale, threatening work environment.
Autism Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2019
This agency cares more about revenue than they care about clients and staff. I struggle to come to work each day. I work with such a difficult population and I am devalued and insulted by management and supervisors. Pay is horrible and work expectations are unrealistic. You are in fear of losing your job everyday, especially if you advocate for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, self-serving CEO, no transparency, hostile work culture.
Supportive co-workers and caring supervisors
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAMarch 5, 2019
Organization provides a broad range of programs and services which enable clients and their families to achieve their full potential. Fun, rewarding and safe work environment. Professional and supportive co-workers. Knowledgeable and caring supervisors. Overall, an excellent place to work.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, caring supervisors, rewarding work experience
Cons
Great people to work with!
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAMarch 5, 2019
Wesley Family Services is a great place to work with, a fun group of people and opportunities to advance in your career field. The negative is the low pay compared to the amount of work and the amount of driving to clients.
Cons
Driving, Low Pay
Very supportive and fun place to work with children and adolescents!
Clinical Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 5, 2019
The Autism program at Wesley Family Services is a blast! Working with children and adolescents with Autism is so much fun and very rewarding work. There is room for professional growth and advancement, and I have experienced that first hand (working as a TSS all the way to my current role). Management is supportive and emphasizes a work/life balance. Employees are recognized regularly through Employee Recognition events, staff shout outs, annual merit increases, and an incredible benefit package. Working at a non-profit, you get a great sense of the mission and our CEO makes you believe it in and strive for it. WFS is a wonderful organization that wants to serve as many clients as possible while supporting the staff in doing so. I can't say enough good things about this company!
Great company
Music Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 5, 2019
Truly a wonderful organization to work for. A blessed and rewarding experience. Learn a great deal from both co-workers and management. Working with the clients is the best part of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight