Wesley Family Services Culture reviews

Amazing Company to work for
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BridgevilleApril 8, 2019
Beyond blessed to work for such an amazing company. Leadership is there to provide you with support whenever needed. Many training opportunities to help staff to further grow and learn. The opportunity to work with the clients is beyond words!
Inconsistent and unethical
Supervisor Family Based Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
Spent many years here hoping that the culture would change. However, it did not. Management and HR currently allow bullying, encourage drama and turning people against each other, hostile work environment among other illegal and unethical situations.
Pros
Cons
Too many!
Low wages, horrible management.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 7, 2019
If you are working as a TSS, prepare to drive all over to make peanuts. Luckily I had one client that was close otherwise I wouldn’t have worked there. Management is a disgrace and are unskilled and unprofessional. I often hear management gossip about other staff. Culture here is toxic and dishonest.
Cons
Low wages, horrible management, toxic.
Poor morale, threatening work environment.
Autism Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2019
This agency cares more about revenue than they care about clients and staff. I struggle to come to work each day. I work with such a difficult population and I am devalued and insulted by management and supervisors. Pay is horrible and work expectations are unrealistic. You are in fear of losing your job everyday, especially if you advocate for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, self-serving CEO, no transparency, hostile work culture.
Great company
Music Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 5, 2019
Truly a wonderful organization to work for. A blessed and rewarding experience. Learn a great deal from both co-workers and management. Working with the clients is the best part of the day.
Great company to work for
Administration (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2019
Great benefits and paid time off. Very flexible work schedule. Good work culture, everyone is very helpful, supervisor is very supportive. Amazing CEO who truly works to advance mission.
Great work place
TSS/TS/BSC (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PANovember 25, 2018
I create my own schedule. Wonderful and friendly work environment. Pay is competitive with other companies. I just wish that more hours were available.
Pros
great coworkers and managers
Cons
lack of hours
Huge turnover, huge disappointment!
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAOctober 14, 2018
Very toxic, negative culture and environment. Management undermine each other and create a hostile work environment. The hardest part of my job is listening to the gossip or overhearing supervisors talk about you, other staff and other supervisors, in a malicious manner. I am hoping that something will change to improve this, otherwise, more staff will leave. Most of us fear retaliation or losing our jobs if we bring this to the attention of HR.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Petty and unprofessional supervisors.
Official response from Wesley Family Services
October 16, 2018

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive and that all of our employees are treated with respect. I would like to discuss the issues you raised here in more detail. Please give me a call at 412-342-2265 at your convenience. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAOctober 13, 2018
Working here was great. The work that we did there was so fulfilling. It is a place where everyone employed there truly wanted to help others. The staff was all friendly.
Lacks Diversity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAOctober 6, 2018
You are not accepted as part of the team and are not treated with compassion and respect. There is a severe lack of communication and respect for other's opinions and insight. Family members and friends routinely get hired and promoted without meeting qualifications. Excessive paperwork, working long hours, unrealistic expectations, much lower salary than average.
Cons
Gossip and voyeuristic culture, intimidation, backstabbing and exclusion is the norm.
Official response from Wesley Family Services
October 9, 2018

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Our organization strives to ensure that our employees feel they are listened to and treated with respect at all times. If you would like to discuss this matter further, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call me at 412-342-2265

Worst place I’ve ever been.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2018
What a negative, dismissive, incompetent group of people. Weak communication, inactive supervisor, lots of lies, and poor trainIng. Avoid any Community Partnership job or anything in New Ken or Greensburg especially. I have still not recovered from my horrible experience there and I’ve been stunned by the weird relationships, odd culture, back door shenanigans, and negative impact of this organization. A total lack of expertise in most areas. Huge mistake to even interview for a job or seek services there.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Supervisor, disloyal company
Toxic workplace
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Poor & inexperienced management. Lack of professionalism, training, structure & organization. Jobs roles are not clear. Terrible culture. Everyday is pure chaos. Most clients are great and are the only reason to go to work besides pay.
Pros
Clients, some days offer meaningful work
Cons
Management, lack of structure, lack of coehesion, varying hours
Low pay, terrible training, no support.
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Horrible working environment. Passive aggressive culture, No transparency. For a mental health agency, this is by far the worst environment I have ever worked in. I do not plan to stay long. I am too valuable to be bullied and belittled on a daily basis.
Pros
Cons
Too much hostility.
good place to work
child prep and profile writer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 3, 2018
large company , competitive wages. Nice working enviroment
Agency provided good benefits and co workers were friendly.They have different offices through out the region.
Very low pay. Poor staff moral.
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Some mid level management are immature and unprofessional. Makes it feel like you're being judged while working. Some employees are not good at teaching or being patient with new staff. Lacks a culture of cohesiveness. I had higher expectations of working here. Too much emphasis on making units and profit.
Pros
Some staff are nice, but for the most part, everyone keeps to themselves.
Cons
Lower pay than I expected, paper work is very time consuming, low staff morale in front line positions.
Love working for Wesley!
Standard and Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2018
I've been with Wesley Family Services (formerly Wesley Spectrum) for 7 yrs. The management team that I work with in my program (Family Based) are very supportive to the staff/therapists. Everyone is great to work with. Wesley has a very supportive workplace culture. There is always room for advancement or the opportunity to work in different programs.
Pros
good benefits, paid vacation time
Great place to be a therapist
Family Based (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Training and support provide you with the opportunity to become a strong therapist. Working with families is challenging work but very rewarding. my coworkers and the management set a positive culture. It’s feels like everyone is here to help families.

The hours can be later in the day and vary week to week but this allows flexibility in the work week. Overtime is available and decent number of paid holidays. Lots of supervision and support too.
Pros
Supervision, training, coworkers
Cons
Work can be intense sometimes
Difficult hours, very low pay, very stressful.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJanuary 12, 2018
Working for this company was very difficult. Work/life balance could be identified as Work - 100% life - 0%. Very demanding and also tough to enjoy a day off due to constant email and phone calls from work or clients. If you are one of the very few to get a raise when they give raises every few years, it is minimal to say the least. You will be overworked and underpaid. There is no culture of support or respect within this company. Benefits are terrible and very expensive.
Pros
Being able to help families.
Cons
Low pay, poorly managed, benefits stink, very "clicky" and passive aggressive work culture.
Opportunities for growth
Family Based Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 4, 2018
I overall have had a good experience. There are definitely ups and downs with every job, but I found my supervisors to be very supportive. There’s a great culture for learning and growth. I’ve grown tremendously from the opportunities I have had at Wesley family services. Overall I recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
Support from supervisors, opportunity for growth in the company, professional development.
Cons
The type of population I work with can be stressful.
Very low pay, poor leadership.
Therapist ll (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 16, 2017
Low morale in in-home program that continuously gets worse with policy changes.
Heavy focus on hours billed rather than comprehensive treatment for clients.
Questionable ethics; management low-key encourages fraud via paperwork billing to maintain billing quotas (ie "automatically bill a unit for specific tasks regardless of time taken")
Employees routinely have to work unpaid, unreported overtime.
Therapists are bullied into keeping minute-by-minute account of non billable time.
Vacation time is impossible to take if you want to keep your job.
Employees voices are not heard or respected.
Culture of billing fraud, competitive, backstabbing, gossip fueled environment.
Pros
Easy to pad your productivity, the last thing you will get fired for is fraud.
Cons
Low salary, bullying and intimidation, work long hours, not able to use your vacation time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight