Wesley Spectrum Services Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxing company to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAMarch 15, 2018
A very good company to work for. The upper management cares about you and wants you to excel in your position. They care about you as a person and they know your name. If your struggling, they come to with suggestions and ideas on how to help you move forward. Wesley Spectrum is a very good company to work for. I will miss working for them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Ungrateful management, lack of support.
Family Based Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Huge turnover, worst I have ever seen in all of the mental health agencies I have worked for. It is all about the money you make for the agency and making or exceeding your productivity. Low morale, lack of transparency. Working here is more like working as a used car salesman. If you truly want to work in the helping profession, this is not the agency for you.You will go nowhere.
Pros
Free cell phone.
Cons
Punitive and harsh leadership. Lack of guidance.
Great work environment
Family Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Overall it was a positive experience to work here. They have opportunities for growth and professional development. I really felt like I was helping people I was working with.
Pros
Support of management
Cons
At risk population was stressful at times.
Yearly outing for employees
In-Home Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2017
Job was very demanding which placed a lot of stress on my family-time for my Grand-kids.Position required that you take command of your work time and manage every second.
Pros
Advancements were available
Cons
long work hours
Very low pay, poor leadership.
Therapist ll (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 16, 2017
Low morale in in-home program that continuously gets worse with policy changes.
Heavy focus on hours billed rather than comprehensive treatment for clients.
Questionable ethics; management low-key encourages fraud via paperwork billing to maintain billing quotas (ie "automatically bill a unit for specific tasks regardless of time taken")
Employees routinely have to work unpaid, unreported overtime.
Therapists are bullied into keeping minute-by-minute account of non billable time.
Vacation time is impossible to take if you want to keep your job.
Employees voices are not heard or respected.
Culture of billing fraud, competitive, backstabbing, gossip fueled environment.
Pros
Easy to pad your productivity, the last thing you will get fired for is fraud.
Cons
Low salary, bullying and intimidation, work long hours, not able to use your vacation time.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2017
Pay needs to be increased, more time offered for documentation. Direct Supervisors need additional training to be able to educate and support experienced staff.
benefits
Cons
documentation
Decline
School-Based Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJuly 7, 2017
I decline to provide this information at this time. The job requires a lot paperwork. Services are provided in the school, home, and community. The most enjoyable part of this job is the working relationship with kids.
Loved this work environment
Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 7, 2017
The company has an amazing work culture. The CEO is one of the most inspirational, passionate, humble, faith filled, fair, people I have ever met. He sets the tone for a very honest, high quality, sincere work environment. I have truly been so blessed to work under such an inspirational role model.
Pros
flexibility, employees, team environment, management
Diverse and challenging work
In-Home Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2017
Wesley is a social service organization with a wide variety of programs. You will work with a very diverse population. People do not work there for the pay; they work there to help people. Many positions are paperwork intensive, very intensive.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Lower than standard pay.
Servant Leadership
Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2017
WSS was lead by servant leaders who are committed to making a difference in the lives of children and adults. The workplace is filled with individuals with want to have a positive impact on society and make a difference in the world.
Long Hours, Great Staff
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Absolutely loved working for Wesley Spectrum Services. The only reason I left was because it was not a full time job, and I did not get paid in order to complete all of my work outside of meeting with my clients.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Long Hours, paid pay
Management Poor but decent benefits
Therapist (Current Employee) –  PADecember 15, 2016
It seems that there's a trend within management throughout majority of the programs within Wesley...poor communication, poor supervisory skills, and never taking responsibility or accountability for themselves. Compensation and benefits are a little better than some nonprofit agencies, but it could be better. Some room for advancement, but it definitely doesn't hurt to know some people.
9-5 pm
Co-occurring Disorder Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 19, 2015
Co-workers are talented. Wesley Spectrum is searching to improve it's place in the market place while reimbursement is declining. They specialize in autism but have some outpatient counseling centers.
Pros
Caring culture
Cons
Leadership is talented but thin in numbers
Helping patients with mental health issues, very rewarding
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 1, 2015
Company provided help to children and family with mental health and drug issues. Good work environment, good co-workers, supportive supervisors. Felt good coming to work knowing that we were helping to make a difference in the lives of families and their childrem
Pros
Some flexibility of hours
Cons
Budget cuts and constraints made programming a challenge some times
In home family counseling
Family Based Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be going into people's homes that are involved with the family court system. While meeting with these clients it was expected to work with them to resolve whatever family issues they were having that brought them to the attention of the court system in the first place. These issues could range from anger management problems, homelessness or truancy.
The management was supportive and encouraged growth as a counselor.
The co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was working with families that didn't want help.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment and flexible hours
Cons
Low salary
Fulling and worth while job experience
Permanency Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDecember 22, 2014
I have been working at the agency for four years and have gathered experience and knowledge of social services, specifically working within the adoption and foster care world. I complete the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network services that are offered for children and families within the child welfare system. On a typical day of work my morning consists of maintaining contact with county caseworkers, and families. Often there are crisis that need to be addressed, such as a child moving home, or needing further services that are not being referred. I also interact with children's birth families (the families whom they are removed from) which can be a highly emotionally charged interaction. During most afternoons I complete home visits with the children and families. I work with the families on the approval for adoption, which eventually leads to a legal approval document that is submitted to Court prior to an adoption. I work with the children providing therapeutic based services to better help them understand the reasons that necessitated their placements into foster care. I have witnessed the children and families I work with, grow and achieve success through the dedication and education that I have acquired. I have learned to facilitate trainings, and have recently been chosen to complete institute training at the State Wide Adoption and Permanency Networker (SWAN) Summer State Wide Conference. The training was accepted on the basis that it is the first of its kind throughout the state of Pennsylvania, and is being well received from fellow colleagues.
exciting fun job
TSS/TS (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2014
Working with kids with autism one on one and group therapy. I work out of all three offices one in Bridgeville, penn hills, and Gibsonia.
Admirable Mission, Fulfilling Work: Uncomfortable Work Environment
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 22, 2014
-No home/personal life. NONE. If you have kids, good luck seeing them. EVER.
-Stressful.
-Minimal support from management. (Though a couple really are great.)
-Bullying tactics are employed.
-Restructuring to "break even" results in frequent changes to job descriptions/elimination of positions with little to no notice.
-Feeling of being disposable.
-Excessively low pay for amount of work required.
-Benefits are not worth paying for.
-Cancellations by clients are held against YOU.
-The children are the only thing that make this job worth it.
Pros
Support from co-workers, very fulfulling career
Cons
Excessive driving, long hours, the feeling of never being "caught up"
COD Therapist
COD Outpatient and IOP Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 12, 2014
A typical day for me currently consists of providing individual therapy to adolescent and adults struggling primarily with co-occurring disorders (mental health and drug and alcohol). Once per week I facilitate the IOP group. What I love about this job is the opportunity to provide COD treatment, as I have experience in both yet never in the same setting. What is stressful about this job is that we are on a pay incentive plan, which means that we have to meet productivity in order to earn a decent compensation. This has been very stressful because this population tends to struggle with showing up for their appointments. However, some days I have back to back appointments and there is not enough time at work to complete all of the necessary documentation. The most enjoyable part for me is facilitating groups and I enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
providing COD treatment, co-workers
Cons
pay incentive plan
Behavior Specialist Consultant
Behavior Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAAugust 24, 2013
I came to this agency excited to be working again with individuals with Autism and other developmental disorders. Unfortunately, if management doesn't like you or your style as a Clinician they will try to get you out the door ASAP. I am leaving this agency because I have been unable to get enough hours, and I feel that Management does not like my style as a Clinician.
Pros
Great kids to work with
Cons
Never enough hours to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Spectrum Services. Our community is ready to answer.