Wespath Benefits and Investments Employee Reviews

Fear based management/politics
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Lack of training sets one up for failure, lack of clear communication across the customer service department creates confusion and division. Favoritism comes into play when making promotional decisions from within. Director uses "gotcha" tactics instead of being fair and compassionate to all team members.
I always look at reviews whenever I'm buying something or looking for services as reviews are generally a true indicator of a product or service. I am a high performer so to say eh, this is just a soured team member would be a false statement. Wespath WAS a great place to work they HAD caring team leaders and managers but they are gone due to the hostile environment that has recently been created. It is a negative environment to say the least.
Pros
Benefits are exceptional
Cons
The current enviornment is toxic and everyone is fearful of job sescurity.
No job security for Customer Service
Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 31, 2018
Company does not have great guidlines for customer service, and fires workers when a manager decides something was done wrong. This created a stressful environment to work in.
Great Place to Work
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 23, 2018
Wespath is a solid company with great benefits and a friendly work environment. People are focused and hard working. The hours are flexible and work-life balance is respected.
Pros
Beautiful campus, staff recognition events, approachable management
Cons
Limited upward mobility, conservative
Productive and challenging company; great place to work.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 23, 2018
I truly enjoy working at Wespath. We have a 7 ½ hour work day, fair pay, great health and retirement benefits; they are a diversity company and promote from within. There is a strong sense of collaborative work effort and mutual respect with my coworkers. Stand-up desks are available for use. Though upper management has changed, they are working to ensure that we are moving in the right direction. Upper management meets with all employees regularly to hear their ideas and opinions. They have a beautiful facility, offer many free wellness events for employees and the work/life balance is very evident. Training and knowledge sharing is also a high priority at this organization.
Pros
Helpful coworkers and management that listens.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Low end organization
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 13, 2018
Very controlling environment , micro managed, upper management does not care. Employees treated like children. They present themselves as company connected to religious organizations, yet don't treat employees well.
Pros
Pretty building
Cons
Management / organization
Overall just Great
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 10, 2018
Very nice place to work, quiet, New, Religious Atmosphere, and everyone is professional. If your looking for a good place to work this is it. you won't be disappointed. They offer free coffee to employees and tea and now oatmeal. They also have 8 Kitchens were you can heat food in microwaves...
Pros
Frendly atmosphere
Cons
Demanding
Great Company to Work For
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Wespath Benefits and Investments is a great company to work for but like all companies there are some areas where improvement is needed.

Pros:

- Generous retirement and health benefits.
- Great wellness program!
- Many available options for sharing feedback with management.
- Many employee appreciation events during the year.
- The ability to really impact our clients lives.

Cons:
- It's a small, flat organization so sometimes there isn't a higher level position to move in to.
- The location is better for people who commute by car. There is a Metra station and Pace bus stop within a mile of the office.
Mismanaged, poor communication, unfair hiring/promotion practices
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 26, 2017
Mismanaged, poor communication, unfair hiring/promotion practices. When given autonomy, it can be fine, but no one is exactly sure of what they're doing and everyone tries to get by doing minimal work.
Great benefits/poor leadership
Customer Service Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 9, 2017
Great place to get exposure to challenges. Strong leadership is lacking and a bit of a "fear culture" has been created over the last year or so. Benefits are great.
Depending what you're looking for it's a good job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evanston, IL/Glenview ILSeptember 25, 2017
A 8hr work day, workplace culture is 50/50. Hardest part not up on latest systems, still in 20th Century. Most enjoyable was direct reports.

I learned how to become a better manager.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everyone out for ones self
Good place to work at
Call Center Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Wespath Benefits and Investments is a good place to work at. The culture and atmosphere is good. They offer great health and retirement benefits. A typical day at work involves talking to participants about their retirement benefits.
Pros
Great health and retirement benefits
Cons
no career growth
Distribution Team Member
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 14, 2017
I love my job. I learned a lot of different skills. This job is challenging and it needs analytical and research skills which I have developed doing this job. Management is good but can be much better. Working environment is ok. Company's benefits are excellent.
Pros
Lunch breaks are one hour.
Cons
short break. Heatlh care.
Don't work here
Doufous (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 22, 2017
You will be micro managed and unhappy. Hierarchical mgmt. out of touch with it's employees. The most elitist place I've ever worked. Strange for a faith based non-profit.
Traditional and Hierarchical
Sr. Training & Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 25, 2017
Traditional and hierarchical work environment. Excellent benefits but limited encouragement to be innovative and creative. Limited work/life family balance.
produtive work day
Distributions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 27, 2016
Come in to work log into the phone system. I would then log into my computer and log into the necessary systems I would need to work in that day. I would then go to my work basket and process the task in my basket and make phone calls to participant as needed
Great opportunities for learning and advancement
Pension Administration Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 13, 2015
Focus is on what you are able to accomplish as an employee, not on what college you went to. I began there in an entry level position and was able to move to another department to widen my skill set, and I saw many others do this as well.
Pros
Training, opportunities for transfer to new position or promotion
Cons
Limited telework options, pay is not always performance based
Open work space where you can learn a lot
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 15, 2013
There is a lot of chances to learn things above your job description. Some people care about you not as an employee but as a person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wespath Benefits and Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about