WESS Employee Reviews

Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 17, 2019
I like working with them. They are a good company to work for.They are good people the company is very reliable and I trust that they will get better with pay
Tight Knit Work Place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 14, 2019
WESS is a great place to work. The employees and management truly care about you and anything that is going on in your life. I have recommended and will continue to recommend working here.
We must continue to drive work force training and education
Strategic Project Coordinator - Support Services (Current Employee) –  Florida / NationallyOctober 9, 2019
The training and education projects planned for staff, will ensure our workforce is the best trained in the industry.
This leadership team has great potential for accomplishing dynamic agendas and projects, that will set WESS well above our competitors.
Everything is tatollly true about my answer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County,October 8, 2019
I have a good team number: Friendly funny and more
and hard workers we do everything to WESS successful we performed a good duties we provide environmental
Excellent Company! Incredible Opportunities!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2019
WESS is growing so quickly with such an incredible variety of internal growth opportunities. I'm so grateful to be part of a thriving company that has so much internal growth opportunities and a leadership team that is genuinely invested in assisting their employees reach their maximum potential.
Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2019
I like doing security it’s almost like you your own boss and yu keep everything and everyone safe . Sometimes it can get a lil frustrating but yu will be able to keep self control cause it’s always help near by and still will have a wonderful day and continue on the next day .
WESS is a fine place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kauffman Stadium, MOAugust 30, 2019
Great job. Able to pick and choose my hours. You're on your feet for hours sometimes. Various locations and events to work. Great management, they care for their staff.
No lotalty
Usher (Current Employee) –  College Station, Kyle feildAugust 20, 2019
Does not appreciate hardwork, politics involved. No loyalty to loyal employees. Management really is out of touch they dont know the relationships formed with people you have been serving, familiarity is everything in customer service. Too many people with Terrible attitudes who treat the customers with no respect. Low budget security, management way out of touch with the good people that do work there and who take pride in serving people .
Pleasent work experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2019
Smile everyday often people greeting. Universal awareness looking to see if all people are having a great experience. Taking the opportunity for honest behavior . Leaving all persons that participated having a good expectations coming to work.
Work When You Want
Provide unarmed security, and customer service (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 21, 2018
A typical assignment is check football fan bags for unauthorized paraphanalia, wanding fan's body if security alarm is set off, offer help with fan's with questions, report suspicious activities or unauthorized behaviours.
Pros
Meet people from all over the country
Cons
Standing on (cold) concrete for entire shift. Work in cold weather.
Good job for college students
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 18, 2018
Convenient job a a student looking for extra income.
It's simple and event based. Most of the scheduling occurs on the weekends that gives you time to study and do homework
Hey I want to work here
It my fist time working here (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2018
I want to do something different in life to see what I can lanig in life and to see what is gone on in the world like to make sure I get what I need for me and my kids
Pros
Hey
Cons
Hey
Lots of standing
Security (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78203November 29, 2018
if you don't mind standing for 12 hrs.
Sometimes they remember your brakes or lunches
Everyone around was cool
it was pretty relaxing and interesting to go see the events we were working at.
Fun work experience with lots of benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,gmGaNovember 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Whelan Event Services working at the football games. Not only was it fun, i gained a lot of experience in the short time I was there.
Whelan security
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 18, 2018
Skills
Additional Information
handling and sanitation techniques Extensive knowledge of sanitary practices for large scale industrial kitchens working knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment Experience with all of medium to l arge catering event requirements and implementation
Pros
30 Minutes
Cons
0 Minutes
Easy Pay for What They Expect - Yet There Are Some Kinks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2018
Pros:

It is easy money for the work that is requested. On most of the gigs, it could even be considered fun, especially if you are at a post with people that you are friends with.

This company recently took the Nissan Stadium contract from Contemporary Services Corporation (in Nashville) and I can see why. When you fill out the application for Whelan, you're essentially hired, and you do your orientation. No, you're not getting paid for this time, but you don't have to make multiple trips. With CSC, you must come back and then CSC only pays you minimum wage. +1 Whelan, minimum wage doesn't make up multiple dates and multiple trips. Whelan also offers direct deposit. CSC only offers checks that you must get in person or mailed. +1 Whelan. Whelan also offers a higher pay out with $12.00 an hour if you have your security license. CSC aside, Whelan is flexible and willing to work around your schedule.

Cons:

more... rings, goes to the Account Manager voicemail and left a voicemail. Sent multiple e-mails days ago and no response. This job is literally Christmas money and if they can't get organized to get the new hires back. I can see why there is a turnover. By the time I probably do hear from someone, I may have the next weekend/Christmas job lined up....

Fairly easy job, they don't expect much from their lower tier employees - yet there are some kinks they need to work out to make it a smooth-running engine.
Pros
Read Description...
Cons
Read Description...
Easy Money for What They Expect - Yet there are Some Kinks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2018

Cons:
Disorganization is a major problem that needs to be addressed. Not when it comes to the job site and getting posted. That hastiness is semi-expected when you are dealing with 300+ staff that may or may not show up. The disorganization comes when you are hired. I was hired on 10/11/2018 and was notified when and where to meet for that following Sunday Titans game. After that there was no follow up for the next game to work. I have the paperwork that the next game is on 10/21/18 and when the game starts; but not when I need to report. Not going to commute however long it does on a 'maybe I need to be there at this time.' Called the number for the Nashville Office, rings, goes to
  more... the Account Manager voicemail and left a voicemail. Sent multiple e-mails days ago and no response. This job is literally Christmas money and if they can't get organized to get the new hires back. I can see why there is a turnover. By the time I probably do hear from someone, I may have the next weekend/Christmas job lined up....

Pros
Read Review
Cons
Review
Bag Checker (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 15, 2018
I like working with them. They are nice. I learned a lot from them. You can work when you want. The most enjoyable part of working there is getting to meet new people and do different things you never done before.
Thy are the most disorganized company you would ever want to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
The only thing good is being able to be a licensed security guard for the state. It very disorganized and all over the place. It feels like they just hired any body.
Pros
Becoming a licensed security guard
Cons
Everything else
High energy, fun place to work
Security Officer/ Guest services team supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paul Brown Stadium and Nippert stadiumSeptember 24, 2018
I really enjoy working at Whelan.
I'm in a more Guest services role and the fans are Mostly Awesome
I like the fact that we are on a self scheduling system.
Pros
Decent pay, Good people, choose your schedule
Cons
Hours get long during busy season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESS. Our community is ready to answer.