West at Home Telecommunication

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Flexible hours

Hard to get hours at times. Was good for when my kids were young could choose my own hours. Working from home was great allowed me the flexibility I needed

It was a bad company

It was a typical work at home job where you had to scrounge for shifts and hope you were going to make enough hours to make enough money because the pay was so low.

Pros

Wah, Make your own hours

Cons

Not being able to pick up hours, Pay

Well established and top notch

As a remote worker this was the first company I worked for remotely. I worked on various projects and really loved my time with the company. It’s been a while since I worked for them and I thought they went by another name now but I was asked to give a review and I liked the company enough to leave one

They were a very good company to work for.

One of the best jobs I ever had. Pay was always on time and correct. They gave me all the tools to succeed and advance. Continuous paid training and shift differential.

Learning Experience

First customer service job incoming calls with the public. Enjoy public assisting them with purchases and orders. Learned marketing skills and problem solving skills plus I was able to work independently with great success. Met all daily goals.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great At Home Experience

Great hours at your own schedule. Good structured company, Enjoyed most working with customers assisting with orders. Management was very helpful and great advancement opportunities.

Excellent

I worked for West for over six years. Provided excellent customer service to the customers. Did six months as a chat coach to help mentor agents on one seasonal ramp up. Worked part time on average 30 hours a week.

Love it

Love it, more time with family and friends. Pick your own hours Quiet and peaceful Works around your kids school schedule Make the money you desire when you pick your own hours

Customer Service

As with the prior survey, this job also was a vey long time ago I know I did enjoy working for this company an it's diversity and flexibility of hours

productive and enjoyable

Take in bound call assist the customer solve problems loge callBasic you pick your own hrs and how many hrs you a work from home postion i have learded how to interact with customers a lot better to be calm take every situation differently no hard parts of the job quickness and the most enjoyable part customer satifaction.

Pros

Cons

not enought hrs

Very flexible hours

It was always like Black Friday when the hours dropped. There is no set schedule. They drop hours in once a week or two weeks (I no longer work there so I can't remember) and it was a scramble to get the hours you want. But the schedule is SO flexible. If you couldn't work a shift, just put it back on the schedule and someone else was more than likely willing to take it. Lots of overtime was available. The pay stunk though, which is why I left.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

pay

Working From Home

A typical day of working from home, in my pajamas! No not exactly. I would dress up as if I was going to the office. But I loved chatting with customers online as well as inbound phone calls. The workplace culture of course was extremely pleasing. There really wasn't a hard part of my job. The difficult part was appeasing angry customers. But I learned to listen to the entire issue before speaking or chatting. The best part of this job: Problem solving issues and achieving the results to make the customer happy, and that was the ability to go above and beyond their expectations.

Pros

Set my own schedules

Cons

I can't think of any

West Work at Home

Excellent job for new mothers that stay at home to make some extra money. Flexible scheduling, pay weekly, overtime available, tax write off for used home office space, and supplies and utilities. Taking calls over the phone.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Upsale even when customer says they do not want to hear anymore upsales.

Hours

Pick your hours but most of the time you had to search all day to find your minimum hours as they were picked up quickly. Could have had better pay, it was by the minute or minimum wage, not really any commissions or bonuses. Expected clubs to sell which were difficult, was good to work at home, however, difficult to get hours, no longer in called west at home, and became stricter with rules and hours, even when hours were hard to obtain, difficult to get help from a PAL or someone who knew how to assist if you had an issue, no real individual to speak to, most communication was by email only.

customer service

Help the customer with there orders, statements, etc. Help them with there accounts, had to do filling and data entry. Learn every day from differents people and culture.

Work from Home Job

Company name change to Alorica before I left the company. I enjoyed working on the phone, while at home, for this company. Out of pocket expenses included land line phone service, a professional head set and desk top computer with internet service. Working for minimum wage barely paid for my investment in equipment and business services. The sales training process was a bit awkward but effective and involved reviewing recordings of customer calls as well as mandatory on-line power-point type training. There was a base pay rate and then commission with at least minimum wage payment for your state.

Pros

Work from home!

Cons

minimum wage payment/cost of required equipment and services

The job is great for college students

The company has changed names since I have worked with them. However my experience was very stressful with management because of the lack of knowledge, leadership, and organization.

Pros

The hours were flexible and 24 hours

Cons

management was horrible

Review of West At Home

A typical day at work was a very nice environment. I learn how to deal with the radio system. The hardest part was that we were not given any explanation as to why West At Home lost their contract with Sirius and we were not given any other place to relocate in the company. Not enough spaces available for all the employees.

Pros

Fun place to work.

Cons

Job was eliminated.

A typical day at work

I assisted customers with placing orders, upselling accessories to go with what the customer purchased. It was at that time kinda hard, but if I had to do it all over again I would really enjoy it. It was selling myself and the products to the customers .

loved working at home

easy work, loved it, paid very well, flexible hours. I learned that if you use your "happy" voice they respond better to you. The hardest part of the job is not knowing an answer and desperately needing to find it in a hurry. I love working form home.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

learning new material

It was a good employement experience.

A typical day usually kept me busy for the shift. I enjoyed being able to set my own schedule. The company provided training materials for the job, but I learned that I would have preferred to have a training instructor. I liked the fact that there were plenty of coworkers to draw from if had questions. The hardest part was that sometimes when you really needed help from management it was difficult to get to that help. I enjoyed speaking to so many different people.

Pros

Schedule your own hours, work as much as you want if hours are available

Cons

The hours were hard to come by sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West at Home Telecommunication. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare West at Home Telecommunication with