West Bergen Mental Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great start as per-diem worker
Residential Relief Worker (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 9, 2019
Great place to work as per diem for extra money. Supervisor is lovely and completely understanding. Great flexibility because you have the right to decline a shift if you can’t or don’t want to take it. Easy going job once your trained and good for those out of college or in college looking for some experience. Clients are kind, respectful, and appreciative.
Pros
Flexibility
Pleasant place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 27, 2019
A good place to work. People are friendly and some jobs have flexible schedules. I enjoy working there, schedule fits my needs.
It is a pleasant atmosphere, which also makes it enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Can be busy at times.
Amazing
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJFebruary 9, 2019
It is an excellent place to learn and grow as a social worker. The environment is a friendly community. I would highly recommend working here!!!!!!!!!
Great place to work and be a client!
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJNovember 19, 2018
I really enjoyed my two summers working for SOAR, West Bergen's summer social discovery program for children and teens on the level one autism spectrum. I started as an assistant counselor my first summer and became a Senior counselor the second summer per the motivation and recommendation of the Supervisor, Director, and Assistant Director of the program. Staff is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand or listening ear. Work environment is pleasant and clean!
Good place to start a psychology or social work career
Group Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 2, 2017
Typical work day is manageable with occasional notes to be completed outside of scheduled hours. You will likely work some nights, but not past 8 typically.
Workplace of dedication
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 21, 2014
My department sees many children, adults, and families of individuals on the spectrum. This is an outpatient facility. I deal with the front desk reception, as well as administrative tasks for the department.
I've learned many things about the Autistic Community, as well as how to navigate electronic medical records and many other Administrative tasks related to making the business run smoothly.
West Bergen is a large family of dedicated employees working toward the betterment of the consumers.
Pros
Family-like environment, good benefits package
Cons
Inability to move up position in the company.
I love working in this field and my co-workers are wonderful.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJMay 18, 2013
I've learned that all kinds of people surround us everyday but we may not ever have the opportunity to interact with them. At West Bergen I see many families and children that are there for help with different issues. It's so wonderful to see how they progress through their therapy and it's wonderful when you see them finally go off to college or they end their therapy sessions because they can finally handle their issues.
Pros
Wonderful staff and a nice working environment
Cons
Budget cuts, not enough hours, unsure of job retention
HIM Assistant
HIM Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMarch 12, 2013
I was hired just as the agency was about to migrate to an Electronic Medical Records platform. Since I had experience working within EMR's, report generation, HIPAA, JCAHO, I became a member of the core team responsible for the migration. After our "go-live", my responsibilities included the development of all on-line forms used by the staff on a daily basis; and, the development of drill-down reports of demographics and agency statistics on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. In addition, I am responsible for the development of the new hybrid Medical Records, devising protocol, work flow, and training to meet HIPAA and state regulations of document retention, scanning, and uploading.

It's an interesting job and keeps me very busy. I'm most satisfied when I am learning new concepts and putting them to practical use.
Pros
wonderful director
Cons
not for profit agency so there are many budget constrictions
Workplace where lot of charity kind of/empathy kind of work done
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Workers there doing a philanthropy based kind of work.
Workers there are doing a service to the society.