West Boca Medical Center Employee Reviews

great hospital
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 25, 2018
that is a great company to work with. a very competitive enviroment.
a great place to growth, and a great benefits. i recommend this hospital....for the great service they give to the the patients.
Fun work place
Patient care tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 4, 2018
They teach you everything that you need to know equestrian you it’s a great place to work love the supervisors there are helpful recommending to go back to school pushes you to go back to school
Favoritism
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Management never follows through with what employees ask for. Management is in their offices and don't seem to ever visit people on the floor to see what we need. They just don't care. They choose favorites in departments and let them get away with everything, while others are left to do all of the work. Asking HR to help doesn't help. They always act like there is nothing they can ever do.
Ability to assist other facilities in the region (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2018
West Boca Medical Center is a great place to work. They promote within, I felt as if I was always challenged and given opportunities to advance myself and appreciative for working with and for such a great company.
Pros
Vacation and benefits
Cons
No cons
Work load is steady, Manager is amazing
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2018
There are pros and cons at every employer, however I'd say I have been more happier than unhappier with west boca medical center as an employer. They have treated me well and worked with my schedule.
Na
Ability to assist other facilities in the region (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 21, 2018
Great company to work for, great people to work with and many opportunities for advancement and furthering career possibilities.
Providing continuing education, and a great place overall.
Organized and respectable facility to work for.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 12, 2018
Nice place to work at. Everyone is respectful. The managers are all awesome. If you feel swamped, they have no problem helping you. There is also room to grow.
The pay is great!
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 31, 2018
Great place to learn and hone your skills. Great location and work hours. Best pay in the business. Clean hospital. Customer service is at the forefront.
productive but can be very overwhelming at times
Supervisor- Le Duyen (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 22, 2018
we deal with a very hectic environment most times . Management promotes patient satisfaction constantly. there are always meetings to discuss how we can improve our overall rating with the community
Breast Imaging Center
Imaging (Former Employee) –  WbdicApril 25, 2018
If you’re able to adapt to extreme micro managing, this is your place. This location is extremely stressful with no team
Effort. We went from a zero turnover rate to 100% once this person has taken over. Money is good, however not worth the type of environment you’d be working under. Beware. Sometimes things aren’t always about money.
Time off is almost impossible, and if approved they make certain you know that they can take it away. Highly suggest you look elsewhere unless you are willing to become someone’s robot.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, time off, lack of advancement

Want to know more about West Boca Medical Center?

Ask a question
Supervisor / Medical Technologist / Generalist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Good place to work, but very busy. Don't get breaks and lunch everytime you work. Staff is good and everyone works as a team. Most of the staff is been their since the hospitals has open.
Pros
Cons
very busy
Good Company
Plant Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Overall I was very happy with my manager. We are still friends to this day. The environment is very relaxed overall at WBMC. The meetings were stressful.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Healthcare benefits were lacking
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Called off when census is low or sent home after patients are discharged and slow on units. You have to take PTO or not get paid. Other nurses you work with are nice and helpful. Large turn over. Minimal PTO hours earned for 1st year and 2nd year not much better. Cafeteria food is very expensive and needs to be upgraded with better food selection. Positive aspect is working close to home.
Pros
driving time to and from work
Cons
staff sent home a lot; have to use your PTO, and eventually you have no paid time off for your vacation
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Working at West Boca Medical Center was a great experience. even thought is a small medical center, it was a great place to work for. Most people were friendly and happy to be there. about 10 of my coworkers had been working there since the hospital first open its door. about 35 years ago. That says a lot for a work place.
Pros
Team player coworkers
Cons
I was working night shift. Thats why i left and one specific indian supervisor that hates people.
great place
Pediatric Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2017
fun people to work with, amazing patients, wide variety of diagnoses, no CEU reimbursement, great benefits, and good competitive pay, great opportunity to work at the with children and adults.
High paced
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 27, 2017
Multitasking, many responsibilities, always something to do to keep you busy. There is a great group of coworkers. There is opportunity to learn new things.
the offshoot practice is run haphazardly
Hospital Staff Membership (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2017
Up until the last 2 years I was pleased with working there; however I was not working in the West Boca Medical Center per se, I was in a Tenet offshoot medical practice. I worked often a 10 hour day including going over reports, prescriptions, patient charts. This was along with seeing patients at the MGMS90th percentile. My half days often ended after 4-5 PM, and I could work up until after 8 PM on my full days. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient care. The least was medical records, slow information with regard to labs and ancillary test results through the new EHR system, and constant employee turnover.
Pros
I was paid
Cons
not much personal time during the workday
CENTRAL SUPPLY RECEIVING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 13, 2017
Management is good
Organized
Good people to surround yourself with
Good benefits
Good place to learn and they have many locations to move around if needed
Review of Operations Director
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2017
I worked for an outstanding role model and supervisor within the Operations Command.

My transition into the field was seemingly smooth. And although not under the provisions, nor the control of the Operations Director, I was placed into a role without any formal training and/or guidance.

This was the role and sole responsibility of the security firm under which I was originally hired; this company served as a third party/contractor to the medical facility.
Pros
Engaging with staff and subordinates
Cons
Lack of formal training through contractor
great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2017
i loved the people I worked with, great location. Hardest part of any nursing job is being able to multitask and be quick yet efficient . I learned a lot since it was my first nursing job, they did give me a great 12 week icu program where I went to class and was also able to do on ands practice in the hospital shadowing a nurse. At the end i was able to manage my own pt and i had to pass an icu exam to be able to be on my own.
Pros
great team work
Cons
high turn over rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Boca Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

West Boca Medical Center Reviews by Location