West Chester University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
adjuncting is hard
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 2, 2018
I worked 9 years FT as an adjunct, had one bad semester (due to illness) and now I don't have classes. It's tough to work so long for a school and get NO raise or steps ever.
Pros
students are great
Cons
no job security
Great environment- terrible compensation
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 8, 2018
A graduate assistantship is never intended to be permanent, and the pay shouldn't be equivalent to a full-time job: however, thanks to recent decisions made by the government, the compensation did little to encourage good work ethic.

That aside- the professors are excellent, insightful and hard working: it was a privilege to have their guidance as I studied and performed my duties.
If the career field was more lucrative and less competitive- I likely would have pursued a PhD and position as a professor.
Wcupa
Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 31, 2018
Working at WCUPA can become very comfortable easily which is neither good or bad. It is very aesthetically pleasing atmosphere to be, the town is a stereotypical college town. Great school, good benefits, great location. Just easy to get stuck with limited upward mobility.
Excellent experience.
Student Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 15, 2018
As a student I was exposed to many techniques and skills which i will use for the rest of my career. While working I made amny connections which will help me i the future
Volunteer Tour Guide
Ambassador / Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 23, 2018
This job did not pay but was something I loved most about the school. Through this opportunity I met great people and was able to show purposive students why I personally love West Chester University.
Great part time job to have on-campus
Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed tutoring at West Chester, it was a relaxed environment where you can choose your own hours. It also really reinforces the material you already learned.
West Chester University Worker
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work as a student. Flexibility to class schedules and other employment. Career growth based training sessions. Friendly community and wonderful coworkers.
Loved it
Speak Out Coordinator for LGBTAQ Services (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I was a student and working for an organization that I loved. I enjoyed working with several other groups on campus and helping other students if they may have had an issue. No complaints.
Administrative Assistant work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 11, 2017
Excellent work place. Very quick paced, but an interesting, fair and diverse place to work. I have been a full time employee here for 7+ years and in that time, I have had the chance to move up 4 times and my managers have been very supportive each time.
Always felt like someone cared and fun environment to work at
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 20, 2017
A typical day at work always consisted of strong communication between co workers and co workers and supervisors while performing the tasks at hand.
I learned a lot about interrelationships of the job itself and co workers and how things can go even smoother when communication is both truthful and accepted.
Management was there to help assist in what we needed to complete our goals and how to go about them.
Workplace culture was mostly free and understanding of anyone's differences with some few minor exceptions but just based on opinions.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining a good sleep schedule between shifts (overnights).
The Most enjoyable part of the job was the money and the reward of completing tasks and goals.
Pros
annual and sick time
Cons
overnight schedule
great place
Mathematic tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 24, 2017
its a great place to start. very safe and nice place . working with a very diverse place help people to familiar with different culture. working in a university is a very secure job.
A fantastic place with lots of opportunies
Translator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 17, 2017
A fantastic place full of opportunities, especially for students looking for oversea experiences. Although you may not get paid, but you have been provided lots of benefit.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
No paid
Received my most notable experiences at West Chester!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 14, 2017
If it weren't for me relocating to a different state, I just KNOW I would have a job straight out of Grad school! This University has provided me with the experiences, resources, and networking opportunities to advance my career!
Best Jobs Ever
Swim Instructor Supervisors (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 20, 2017
I worked in the summer swim lessons as well as a life guard. Very good seasonal work with excellent pay, and yearly raises. Reliable hours and room to grow to supervisor status. Best summers ever.
Great Place to Work For
Digital Media Volunteer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 24, 2017
I took a practicum at West Chester University in the digital media center and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I still volunteer there now even though I graduated recently because it is fun and I like the people that I get to work with.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
Hard to get a paid job
Very educational and exciting
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 15, 2017
I learned a great deal about the organization of a library, and more specifically, I learned about the organization of music. The workday is very relaxed. My supervisor would give me the task of finding information about a question posed to him by a student. I would then se our online resources and hardcopy resources to answer that question.
Good work for a college student.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 1, 2017
I already submitted a review on this. I don't understand why I have to submit another one. I think the system clitched. Hopefully indeed catches the double review. Great place to work though.
Excellent School
WCU TV Studio (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 17, 2017
Excellent school with helpful teachers who help one on one during office hours. The university offers diversity, and different places for people to feel welcome.
Pros
Close niche
Fun
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 15, 2017
Working here is fun. The hours are flexible and the coworkers are great to be around. I never had and issues with people working here. And I would work here again.
Impactful Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 23, 2017
Working at WCU during my graduate experience helped to advance my experiences in graduate school and make it more affordable. I loved the professor I worked with. She helped me as a professional and a person. Great place to work!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not much advancement