West Coast Dental Services Employee Reviews

poor management.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJuly 18, 2018
Probably owners don't know how corrupted the company managers run their offices. The office manager at North Hills is a vicious lady that rather keep the lazy people faithful to her than having a change in her office.
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  ManagerMay 14, 2018
West Coast does not care about their employees upper management does what what they want and does not care about their employees....................................................... .........
Fast paced company with opportunity for professional growth
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAApril 13, 2018
My days fly while at work, busy office with a very productive Dr. Good atmosphere with employees, and good team work with front and back office. The hardest part is our ortho days, it’s too crazy and packed when we have ortho,
Maybe we need to see ortho patients on a non GP day but over all I enjoy working here
Pros
Full time with goof benefits and PTO
Cons
Sometimes over booked
Great company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2018
West Coast Dental takes very good care of good employees and offers growth opportunities. The number one priority is to educate our patients and make sure that they leave our offices more knowledgeable and happier than when they first came in and most importantantly with a healthy smile.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Career
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 26, 2018
West Coast Dental has great benefits, great place to work, amazing doctors and excecutice team who really cares. Opportunities for advancement! I recommend to all my friends & family.
Pros
Great leadership and caring culture
Great Company to work for!!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2018
The doctors are awesome!!! Amazing staff and training is great. Plenty of room for advancement!!! the recruiters are very helpful with advice in careers.
Pros
Great Management, Peers, & Benefits
Fun Growing company
RDA (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 22, 2018
If you are looking for a company with advancement and growth this is the place for you! company is growing. Corporate is friendly and very helpful with any question or concerns
Pros
owners of the company very hand on and friendly
The worst Company to work for
Treatment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
This is a very cut throat company, they do not offer staff any training or support. They charge patients for services that insureance covers. Horrible
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Overworked, stressed and with low pay.
Do NOT work here
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 29, 2017
This is the worst place I've ever experienced. Management is horrible. Talks rudely to employees and to patients . They charge patients for Co pays when with the is rance plan they should have a zero Co pay at the time of service .
Cons
New Directors have turned this corp into western. managers are jelous haters who stir up troubles leading to increased tendency of sue happy patients
Someone important (Former Employee) –  MultipleNovember 12, 2017
Office managers are jelous haters who stir up troubles leading to increased tendency of sue happy patients. Think they know everything. No degree. Liars, manipulators, they always got transfer to different ofices. New western directors turn this Corp into another low grade western dental
Pros
Decent big big bosses
Cons
Manipulative directors and managers
Not a professional work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 16, 2017
People will talk behind your back then be friendly to your face, definitely the manager. She also had her favorites and had a friendship out of the workplace with them, which is fine... but there was special treatment. And people got put on blast in mettings.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
The work hours
Poor Corporate Culture
Mid management. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles corporate offices.October 2, 2017
I worked in mid-management and the focus was to reduce costs even if it meant jeopardizing patient client care. I had arguments with executive management about not providing services as we needed. This goes against quality of care and quality of service to your client patients. Eventually because of my concerns I was suddenly fired from the company. No explanation no reason unexpected. Corporate is very cut-throat on costs and they do not want to spend any money however the partners have beautiful offices and beautiful cars. I think there needs to be a refocus of why they are in business.
Pros
Nice offices at corporate.
Cons
No real job security. No way to debate policy without fear of being terminated.
Worst Company to work for!!!!
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 6, 2017
West Coast Dental is the worst company to work for, They don't train anyone, your always working 10-12 hours a day with no lunch most days because they overbook the schedule and patients leave due the wait time. They have a huge turnover rate. When you make a mistake they talk down to you instead of teaching you. I would highly recommend to never work for this company.
Cons
No lunches, overworked, upset patients, poor management
Growth opportunities
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Since it's a corporation there are good benefits and great opportunities to grow within the company. The company believes in promoting from within. They also have a good training center
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very busy
Wrong co to work for
Treatment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loa angelesDecember 10, 2016
You are discriminated, you are on your own. honestly worked there because I needed the money, I was not happy at all. You can bring great revenue to the company, but if u are not liked, they will get rid of you. You are taken for granted
dentist job summary for part time position.
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2016
West coast dental is a quick paced dental office where you see at least 2 patients per hour.
The staff is very friendly.
The management though from my experience, don't listen to
grievances.
compensation is only promised but not delivered.
if you want to have experience with dealing with hmo, then this job is for you. if you are looking for a slow paced private practice then look somewhere else.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
corporate management
Great to Kick off Career!!!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  SocalSeptember 8, 2015
WCD is one of the most game changing companies in the dental industry. Their are ton of growth opportunities but you have to be very diligent on voicing your needs and wants if you want to get ahead here.
Can be high stress environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2015
this company was a pretty nice place to work and learn in. corporate and field managers are very nice, every day is very high pace and quick. New management implementations have cause this company to be less patient oriented and more money oriented because of this there is a higher quantity of customer complaints and a higher turn around. The hardest part of this job is actually seeing the effect on the patients due to this change.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Christmas and Thanksgiving lunches, birthday celebrations, 3 days bereavement, hour lunch breaks
Cons
5 paid holidays a year, not always able to take sate law required 10 minute breaks, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Coast Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7